[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Jack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: jack vs basketbot.png (495KB, 846x635px) Image search: [Google]
jack vs basketbot.png
495KB, 846x635px
Now that there's confirmed going to be new Samurai Jack, let's have a thread

Samurai Jack is /m/ as fuck, after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

here's hoping that since its going to be on adult swim they can occasionally have non-robot baddies get slaughtered, since the oil spews were clearly meant to stand in for cinematic gore.
>>
>>13586337
Apparently the robot fluids actually came from Aku, sorta.
>>
ugly designs
>>
>>13586409
Either shitposting or your childhood sucked donkey dicks.
>>
>>13586409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI

are you going to say to my face that this is not one of the best designed, choreographed, and animated fights in all of animation?

i really hope you don't make a mistake like that, anon
>>
>>13586387

Aku is a robosexual and left his seed in every bot on (and off) the planet? What a slut.
>>
>samurai jack
>/m/
why do we even have an /m/ board for containment? we should just conglomerate /a/, /m/, and /co/ for the sake of not confusing retards
>>
>>13586466
>a show where almost everyone except the titular character and the primary antagonist are robots
>all the fights involve robots
>there's tons of well designed robots, vehicles, and other technology
>it isn't /m/
>>
>>13586466

> Why do we even have an /m/ board for containment

We don't - we have an /m/ board for mecha related discussion. Which Samurai Jack falls under. In case you hadn't noticed most topics can be discussed on multiple boards, in the case of Jack that'd be primarily /co/, but it can also be discussed at the very least on /m/ due to the high number of robots involved in the show. Just like Gundam can be discussed on both /m/ and /a/.
>>
>>13586432
>But I have been trained to use the light
God, chills already. I don't remember anything about Samurai Jack anymore, except for general details, but I know I really loved it as a kid.
>>
Is the show inherently anti-technology? Aku has opened up earth as an interstellar trade port, and it seems like most of the population is either androids or cyborgs. All of the nature shots are peaceful and tranquil and have heavy associations to pre-aku times, but every city is dark and dingy and with architecture meant to evoke Aku's image.

is Gendy a luddite?
>>
>>13586466
Why don't we just conglomerate all the boards about media?
It's the same shit anyway.
Nothing bad could ever come from this.
>>
I like the part where he cuts one of the scarab bots in half and gets soaked in robo blood
>>
>>13586515
>Why don't we just conglomerate all the boards about media?
we do it is called /b/
>>
>>13586511
I wouldn't say that, Aku has control of the world and thus certain parts of the world feel his corrupted influence. I bet without Aku the mechanical world will become less intimidating and be less dark and dingy.
>>
>>13586511

There are still plenty of good people in the cities, and plenty of ancient and natural evil things that Jack has to fight. It makes sense within the universe that cities are full of pro-Aku propaganda while the countryside is mostly left alone. Besides, Aku's architecture is badass.
>>
>>13586539

I would assume that Aku concentrates more on cities, since there's more people and robots and shit there to warrant his attention. He doesn't really pay attention to the countryside outside specific instances where he finds something there he deems noteworthy, and only for as long as it takes for him to get what he wants out of it.
>>
Might be the best news I've had all year.

Do we know who's gonna voice Aku?
>>
>>13586511
some robots... some robots had hard lives, anon
>>
File: 1428344854475.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428344854475.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
I always thought Samurai Jack was boring as fuck.

I hate Monster of the Week shows, no matter how "charming" they are. Samurai Jack never interested me and I watched even multiple episodes. Just sat there in complete boredom. Even back in the day when it was on TV when I was like 9.
>>
I don't remember much from the show, but I do remember loving the black and white episode and the one where the assassins talk about their individual plans.
>>
File: 1437018126746.jpg (21KB, 368x329px) Image search: [Google]
1437018126746.jpg
21KB, 368x329px
>>13586651
To each his own.
>>
>>13586511
no, Gendy is /m/ as fuck.
>>
Who are they going to get for Aku, though?

A lot of people expect Greg Baldwin, the guy who replaced Mako as Uncle Iroh. I'd need to hear him belting out "FOOLISH SAMURAI" to be totally sure.
>>
>>13586863
We wasn't very good as Iroh though
>>
>>13586863

The Iroh-recast was a hasty mid-production affair. This time, they've had plenty time to find someone well suited for the task.
>>
>>13586890
>>13586876

Baldwin trained directly under Mako though and he's had a few years of experience since. His Iroh wasn't the same, no, but it was probably the best we could have ever gotten.
>>
>new samurai jack
Now this is good news.
>>
File: Jack and Mazinger.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Jack and Mazinger.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
If any one else wants to bitch that Samurai Jack aint /m/ here you go.

Your just jellous that you never teamed up with Mazinger to kill zombie robots
>>
File: lvgy9jo6Dz1r3snos.jpg (77KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
lvgy9jo6Dz1r3snos.jpg
77KB, 500x373px
>>13586830

Don't forget all the robots and exo-suits in Dexter's Laboratory.
>>
File: lph4xlyjIP1qjj2ado1_1280.png (559KB, 706x538px) Image search: [Google]
lph4xlyjIP1qjj2ado1_1280.png
559KB, 706x538px
>>13587422

And those episodes of PPG where the Professor built his own power armor and gave the girls a mech.
>>
>>13587578
ah man I loved that one
>YEAH WE BEAT THE BAD GUY
>THE CITY IS NOW A SMOKING CRATER BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT
>>
>>13587399
>mazinger
>getters in the crowd
>transformers

Noice.
>>
>>13587578

IIRC, didn't that episode end with the people of Townsville turning their anger to Professor Utonium after he told everyone he built the Powerpuff Dynamo?
>>
>>13587578

>all of that Japan in the background

Ha.
>>
>>13586651
Anon, you're so opposite me it's not even funny. Motw shows I like so much more than other ones. And I loved jack then and now.
>>
>>13586651
>posts KyoAni garbage
>hates MotW
>gets called a pleb

>>13587219
Lol. It's gonna be Korra tier.
>>
>>13590850
the last half of Korra was leagues better than the first half so I'm ok with that
>>
>>13590864
>After you get halfway through the turd, it really doesn't smell as bad, so I'm ok with eating shit!
>>
there was also the episode where Jack piloted a mecha samurai to fight another mech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfwDcPrHnfg
>>
>>13589238
Plus what appears to be Raideen with a V-Fin
>>
>>13590877
>Speed up
Yeah, no.
>>
>>13586432
>240p

A fucking shame. Is this series on netflix or anything like that?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.