[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking your own continuity:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 22531fbb64869c09e393b0ad460ab8fa.jpg (152KB, 736x1051px) Image search: [Google]
22531fbb64869c09e393b0ad460ab8fa.jpg
152KB, 736x1051px
To you, what is canon in the U.C. timeline? Why?
>>
>>13578466

> The Origin > Unicorn > Zeta: A New Translation

Maximum Charazy mode.

They're all canon, because canon does not mean the same thing as timeline.
>>
>>13578466
Anything that doesn't
1. named Unicorn
2.Shoves prototypes/ Gundams / Super GMs left and right in OYW
>>
File: Anime_Janai.jpg (78KB, 450x660px) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Janai.jpg
78KB, 450x660px
ZZ Gundam>VS Gigantis>CCA>Unicorn

This short manga provides the explanation for much of the whacky newtype shenanigans existing in the UCverse.

Like, why does Judau have OP newtype powers? It's because he's afro-amuro.

What's with Neo Zeong and it's funky light-effects? It's a mini-ideon

What happened to Roux? She dumped Judau
>>
caring about what is canon or not is really stupid.
>>
>>13578531
I can agree with this.
>>
>>13578531
It can be pretty handy for shitposting though
>>
Gaia Gear
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 360x406px
Conventional
>0079>08th>WitP>0083>Zeta>ZZ>CCA>F91>Crossbone>Victory>Gaia Gear>G-Saviour>Turn-A>G-Reco

Another Future Century
>The Origin>ANT>CCA>Unicorn>G-Gundam

Bear with me
>The Origin (OVA)>Thunderbolt>Gundam X

Katoki core
>Unicorn>Victory>Wing>Endless Waltz
>>
>>13578691
this tbqh famille smhead at other responses
>>
>>13578691
You're fucking dumb
>>
>>13578691
i wish victory had had wings grunts suits
>>
Anything animated set between the dates UC 0078 and UC 0097
>>
>>13578691
If you accept ZZ as canon, it's makes automatically makes canon for Unicorn too.

same goes for 0079 and Origin

Retconned UC is ended with Unicorn and it won't change for until a complete Crossbone adaptation. (if it happens and contains elements for Ghost, I would be accept V Gundam as canon too) However G-Saviour, Turn-A and R-Reco is fanfiction tier future stories and you can't justified them by previous shows.
>>
>>13578774
>Retconned UC
No.
Such.
Thing.
>>
>>13578774
>Turn-A and R-Reco is fanfiction tier future stories and you can't justified them by previous shows
Well yes, G-Reco and Turn-A are completely "justified" by previous shows. Without them, there wouldn't be a setting for G-Reco and Turn-A to take place.
>>
>>13579027

Frankly I'd happily consign the entirety of UC to non-canon status (or even non-existence) for Turn-A, since it's easily my favorite entry. The only UC entries I'd even slightly miss would be 0079, 0080 and Victory.

Fortunately I don't have to, because they're all canon and exist quite happily together so it doesn't matter one bit.
>>
>>13579086
>The only UC entries I'd even slightly miss
What the fuck? Something being non-canon does not mean they don't exist anymore, and that you're not able to enjoy them.
>>
>>13579102

I never said it did anon, only that I loved Turn-A enough that I would be willing to see the other entries that lead to it become non-canon or be deleted for more Turn-A or to save it or whatever.

Non-canon stuff like Thunderbolt, Gaia Gear or some of the old Star Wars Legends comics, books and games can be great.
>>
>>13579126
>non canon
Thunderbolt is an AU
Non Canon is a completely different concept
How the hell do you confuse the two
>>
Everything but origin.
>>
>>13578466
The Pre-0079 background stuff from The Origin > 0079 (TV Series) + 08th MS Team + War in the Pocket > CDA > Stardust Memory > Zeta > ZZ > Beltorchika's Children (novel) > Unicorn > Hathaway's Flash > F91 > Crossbone > Victory
>>
All pre-turn of the century Gundam shows, Xabungle (character design cameo in Turn A), and Vifam (mechs referred to as 'mobile suits'), are connected with to Turn A.

Haven't seen anything else so no comment.
>>
Ideon > 0079/0080 > 0083 > Z > ZZ >Unicorn > F91 > Victory > Turn A > G-Reco > Xabungle
>>
0079 movies > War in the Pocket > Zeta > ZZ > CCA > F91 > Victory > G-Saviour > G-Reco
>>
I don't consider Turn-A or Greco part of UC canon.
>>
>>13578466
0079>ZZ>CCA

Zeta isnt canon, as Tomino retconned it out of the main UC timeline when he made ANT. Best decision getting rid of that insipid shit show
>>
>>13578466
Most everything up through Unicorn, ignoring some of the dumb shit introduced in ZZ.

Late U.C. is different enough to be in its own universe(s). G-reco and Turn-A happen together in their own universe.
>>
>>13578466
i don't really give a shit what's canon or not
>>
>>13578466
This is a cartoon show not the Bible. Why do so many Americans get hung up on whether or not something is canon in shows?
>>
>>13578466
Better question: What is the best cannon in the U.C. timeline, and why?
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13578466
Which one lacks space rat slime?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.