[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Dairanger and I have to ask: Why does nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: daijinryuu.jpg (99KB, 599x1024px) Image search: [Google]
daijinryuu.jpg
99KB, 599x1024px
I just finished Dairanger and I have to ask:

Why does nobody ever attempt to destroy Daijinryuu? He kills far more people than the Gorma do and can't be reasoned with. Even if you accept that Gorma will betray the Dairangers in any truce, they could still make a truce, let the Dairangers try to get rid of Daijinryuu, and then immediately attack the Dairangers if they survive. Nobody benefits from this thing being around and everyone loses if it blows up the planet, so why do they just kind of accept Daijunryuu's existence? Even at the end it's still out there, being much more dangerous than anything that the villains ever did.

Also, wow, the entire last story arc was basically pulled out of their asses, wasn't it?
>>
>>13575223

That ending ruined the series for me.
>>
>>13575223
>Why does nobody ever attempt to destroy Daijinryuu?
Its way stronger than all of them.

>the entire last story arc was basically pulled out of their asses, wasn't it?
How so?
>>
>>13575223
Because it's a motherfucking elder dragon.
>>
>>13575235

Why does Shadam conspire against the emperor (who isn't real) when only Zydos and Gara (who aren't real) are with him? Furthermore, Shadam can accomplish his goal at any time and just doesn't until the end. In fact, he's already ruler of the Gorma (who don't exist...so...why?) and has full control over the gem. Why does he act like it's some big triumph when he finally gets it?

How does Shadam even have kids? He's literally made of dirt.

How and why did the emperor bring Akomaru back to life if Shadam controls the emperor? Shadam obviously didn't want this to happen, since he just kills Akomaru again shortly thereafter.

Who made Shadam, and why did they bother making him believe that he made the other Gorma?

Why does Kujaku not tell the Dairangers everything before the end? She did know and had the ability to talk to them despite her own death, because she does show up and tell them after that information becomes useless.

If Kaku has many loyal supporters among the Gorma, then why is literally only one of them ever seen on screen and why aren't they protecting those life-or-death antennas that Kaku needs to defeat Shadam?

How did they get the Lai-Lai Balls back 50 years later? Shit flew into space.

After literally getting killed because he couldn't be bothered to answer simple questions, Kaku continues to give vague, bullshit answers from the afterlife, implicitly dooming the Earth to destruction because of it.

Also, seriously, they just accept this fucking dragon thing that blew up a city. Kamikaze Shogun got a big passionate speech for cheating at baseball, but blowing up a city we're just fine with.
>>
>>13575223
An anon had brought up the possibility of the faction being made of evil "humans" being too uncomfortable for audiences to swallow, with the execs forcing a change. It wouldn't be surprising if that was indeed the case.
>>
>>13575299
Why does Kaku know about Buddha who wouldn't be alive for another 4 thousand years?
>>
>Why does nobody ever attempt to destroy Daijinryuu?

He is stronger than the Gorma and Dairangers combined

Daijinryuu attacks them because Gorma and the Dairangers are disrupting the balance of the world so he comes in a beats the shit out of them to settle down for a while. Daijinryuu represents balance if I remember correctly and he is technically only exists in a physical form when Gorma and Dairangers are fighting it out, if you remember the last ten episodes the fight between the Gorma and Dairangers is a lot more intense than the rest of the season. Both groups are out for each other's blood like crazy.

>Also, wow, the entire last story arc was basically pulled out of their asses, wasn't i

The whole ending with the mud and everything was a mess, but the action parts were quite fun. Dairagners attacking Gorma's base with a frontal assault, Dairangers' leader dies and etc was cool.
>>
To the people who have the Dairanger DVDs how is the video quality?
>>
>>13575235
>>13575251
>>13575377

In the entire rest of Super Sentai and Power Rangers, and tokusatsu in general, how often does this conversation happen:

> X is going to destroy the world and we can't stop it.
>IT DOESN'T MATTER! WE MUST STOP X EVEN IF WE DIE TRYING!

As compared to this one:

>X is going to destroy the world and we can't stop it.
>Oh, okay then. Guess we're fucked.

"They would fail," is not a valid reason for why they don't even try or even bring it up as an option. Facing cosmic, world-destroying evil even in the face of overwhelming odds is a thing that toku heroes do all of the time.
>>
>>13575416
Look at this way
When youre sick your body would send stuff ti fight it off. In this case the dairangers and gourma were fighting so much that the universe itself had to intervene

As for the mud stuff and ending, they were trying to go with the whole "taoism/reincarnation" stuff
>>
>>13575416
I rather like that they didn't try. The Dairangers being smart about it rather than running in and possibly getting everything destroyed was a refreshing change.
>>
>>13575223
If Super Sentai were like modern Kamen Rider it'd already have popped up in a crossover movie just to get blown up.
>>
>>13575452

It's Power Rangers equivalent was a lot less of a big deal, but that did indeed show up in Forever Red just to be blown up by 15 Red Rangers.
>>
>>13575223
Daijinryuu is considered to be something like a primeval force, like fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. Part of nature. You don't punch tsunamis.

The final arc was supposed to bring out the idea that yin-yang, light-dark, good vs evil is constantly in flux. However, seeing how they didn't really build up to this idea over the course of the series, it really does seem like an hamfisted ending.
>>
File: fivestar.png (820KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fivestar.png
820KB, 1280x720px
>>13575223
>Gai, did I ever tell you about Daijinryuu? He was a great, big omnipotent dragon who came to fuck our shit up when us Dairangers' battle with the Gorma got too hot and chaotic for the universe to handle. Just don't ask why he didn't show up in the Legend War, nor any of the previous Super Sentai shows nor any of the Super Sentai shows to come in the future tho. And he was a good friend.
>>
>>13575416
>IT DOESN'T MATTER! WE MUST STOP X EVEN IF WE DIE TRYING!
And that's what they did. The difference is that instead of outright killing Daijinryu they kept playing his game. After all, he's not evil.
>>
>>13575511
To be fair, Daijniryu only cared about tha Dairanger-Gorma conflict. Both sides could fight anyone else (like the Zangyack).
>>
File: Bonus01-Serpentera.jpg (75KB, 489x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bonus01-Serpentera.jpg
75KB, 489x300px
>>13575471

Yeah, in MMPR Daijinryu was Lord Zedd's Zord, "Serpentera", and it was always running out of fuel -- That was their explanation for why it would often just stand around doing nothing.
>>
>>13575471
> just to be blown up by 15 Red Rangers
No, it was blown up by ONE ranger, that's one of the usual complaints about FR.
>>
File: Let's sell some toys.jpg (39KB, 370x325px) Image search: [Google]
Let's sell some toys.jpg
39KB, 370x325px
>>13575562
With a Motorcycle, no less.
>>
>>13575562
It really needed to be a two parter.
>>
File: 1371994178841.jpg (316KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1371994178841.jpg
316KB, 2000x1125px
>>13575493
>Part of nature. You don't punch tsunamis.
Sure you do.
>>
>>13575416
The Dairangers never wanted to defeat Daijinryuu in the first place. They just knew they had to end Gorma in a way that had the least Daijinryuu involvement. They found a way to do that and the world was saved.
>>
>>13575511
Daijinryuu retired after Dairanger, he is in the omnipotent dragon nursing home now.
>>
I think we're forgetting the fact DaiJinRyuu can literally kill everyone without blinking an eye. Which is why the Dairangers stopped fighting him to begin with. He threatened to kill the people near by in order to fet them to stop
>>
File: Master Kaku, I'm Dairanger.png (397KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Master Kaku, I'm Dairanger.png
397KB, 640x480px
>>13575223
>>
File: 134325.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
134325.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>13575223
ryuseioooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
>>
File: lzyquuzqU31r9ws7oo1_r1_500.gif (494KB, 440x330px) Image search: [Google]
lzyquuzqU31r9ws7oo1_r1_500.gif
494KB, 440x330px
>>13578643
>>
>>13579366
So damn awesome
>>
>>13578643
>>13579366
>>13579422
It's kind of weird going from Zyuranger where Daizyujin and King Brachion were a couple of dickbags to Dairanger where Ryuuseioh was a bro, Won Tiger was a baby, and DaiMugen was um...he was um...well, DaiMugen was DaiMugen.

And poor, poor, Dragon Caesar.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.