[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what is better? Late UC or UC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 41

File: yande.re 258612 sample.jpg (296KB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
yande.re 258612 sample.jpg
296KB, 1500x1060px
So, what is better? Late UC or UC?
>>
Typically UC
>>
>>13562824
The one with more than two animated entries
>>
Post-OYW UC, really anything beyond "Fed vs Zeon: Round 3" UC
>>
F91/Crossbone Era Universal Century is actually really interesting. The Earth Federation has weakened or has just stopped giving a fuck so much that a corporation is able to take over a group of colonies and create it's own new nation, which is then torn apart by civil war. New advancements in mobile suits are being made. There are Zeon Remnants hiding away on Mars. And the Jupiter Empire is pulling strings with its energy monopoly and preparing their conquest of Earth.
>>
>>13562824
i think f91 captures the feel of the world created in the first moble suit gundam better than any other gundam series.
>>
I really wish late UC got more animated attention.
>>
Late UC varies in quality, in F91 it's pretty interesting to see how lax the Federation has become, then in Victory it takes it too far and they don't give a single fuck until the final push against the Angel Halo
Though I love how F91 and Victory have much less emphasis on newtype hax than Z/ZZ/CCA/Unicorn. Back to 0079 style of "Extra spacial awareness and understanding" rather than the crazy stuff that came with the biosensor and psychoframe
>>
>>13563330
I wish Late UC got more attention period. Have we even gotten any Late UC side stories not written by Hasegawa? I'd love to have some side story showing a different parts of the Zanscare War (which when you think about it, is probably the largest scale war in UC since the OYW) or getting an F91 manga that finally shows what was supposed to happen between the end of the movie and Crossbone.

But nope, instead we'll get a neverending stream of manga about Zeon Remnant group no.456 or the life story about some random Zeon MSV Ace which will just regurgitate 'MUH NOBLE ZEON IDEALS' and 'MUH NOBLE SAMUR-er, I mean ZEON HONOR' nonsense.
>>
>>13563238
Kind of funny no one in UC bothered with Mars until Zeon remnants decided to chill near Olympus Mons
>>
File: RGM-119early.jpg (83KB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
RGM-119early.jpg
83KB, 318x500px
>>13563238
This. Early UC has more exciting conflicts, but Late UC is more fascinating from a world-building perspective.
>>
>>13562824

late 0080s UC is best UC
>>
>>13563663

Muh zeon

Thunderbolt kinda has a zeon bias with that whole Dayrl still has his waifu and he got more screen time/back story moments
>>
Early UC because I don't like any of the late UC MS.
>>13563783
>Zeon bias
>losing both arms for an MS that's now destroyed
>living as a refugee on the run
>waifu in a coma
I'm not saying the Feddie side is much better off, but Io is enjoying his work, hail as war hero not just by his own crew, came out of the war practically unharm.
Also, he'll probably be reunited with his waifu next volume, maybe she won't remember him due to oxygen deprevation though.
>>
>>13563857

Oh shit when did Zeonic release Volume 4? Since I only read up to volume 3
>>
I want a anime about the year 100 with the end of Zeon
>>
>>13563903

I want an anime about UC200 and the end of the Federation. Zeon's end is literally just a peace treaty or some shit, and then everyone moves on and who cares? The end of the Feds would result in a massive power vacuum and a load of colonies vying to be the new kid in town and that would be an interesting thing to see. Not just Earth v the Colonies or the Colonies v Earth, but Side 1 vs Side 4 v Side 6, then Side 1 erupts in to a civil war as two or three parties contend internally for control and so on.
>>
>>13563877
A few weeks ago, go look on their website.
>>
UC that is before Zeta but not MSG.
>>
>>13563903
It wasn't anything spectacular. Full Frontal was beaten, and the Republic Zeon just dissolved on UC 100. It went out with a whimper, not a bang.
>>
>>13562824
Late UC had the greatest animation of the franchise, so I'll go with then.
>>
A lot of people go "well why bother with late uc when it's different enough to be an AU", but the tech progression and change in setting that makes it unrelated to earlier conflicts is exactly what makes it interesting. The universe lives on beyond neo-neo-neo-neo-neo-pants-Zeon.
>>
The transition into Gaia Gear
>>
As it turns out giving the colonies more independent self-control turned out to be a terrible idea because they all went insane and installed monarchies and cults as their leaders.
>>
>>13563962
>Late UC had the greatest animation of the franchise

Except 0083 and 08th look better.
>>
>>13563937
So, 0083, 0080, Igloo, and 08th MS team?
>>
>>13563671
I've been trying to figure it out,why I liked late UC more and you did it for me. While both have great world building I think the reason I like the later is because it's world building on an established fictional world and showing changes it went through after certain events
>>
>>13563877
Yeah they did came out the 18th or so.

Gives allot more Io back story and stuff.
>>
Late UC is just so weird and off the rails tech wise.
>>
G-Saviour UC
>>
>>13564964
How? It seem reasonable to me, beam weapons became so powerful that the only way MS can survive is to be smaller and faster to dodge the beam.
>>
>>13565065

beam rotor
>>
File: 4672767275727.jpg (190KB, 851x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4672767275727.jpg
190KB, 851x1200px
>>13563931
>>13564143

Aw shit we get to see this fucking thing in action soon. Cant wait for the RG
>>
アトラスガンダムはUC93あたりの技術を使ってるUC79程度のモビルスーツで簡単にあいてできない、元は旧式ガンダムマーク2改造プランだ、まだUC94のガンダムチームの方が楽に勝てる
>>
File: yande.re 212648 sample.jpg (234KB, 1500x1067px) Image search: [Google]
yande.re 212648 sample.jpg
234KB, 1500x1067px
My impressions, Crossbone Vanguard is the most adequate and responsible organization with an interesting political program in the entire UC, so long live 0120 years!
>>
>>13565117
>allows Mobile Suits to enter atmosphere without need ot a waverider mode or external support vehicle
>serves as a means of flight and propulsion that draws directly from an MS reactor without the need for propellant
>can be used both defensively and offensively

I'm still not seeing an issue here.
>>
>>13565175
You can and will wait.
The OVA is not getting up to Atlas.
>>
>>13565266

They are literally turning light into a fucking solid object that can lift heavy ass mobile suits.

That's basically green lantern shit, man. I think it's cool as fuck but the science behind it must be insane
>>
>>13565436
it's not light, it's just beam energy held in place and solid form by I-field, otherwise known as beam sabre.
>>
>>13565449
>it's just beam energy

so light. that's light.
>>
>>13565473
except it's held in place, turning it into a solid

you need to keep up
>>
>>13565436
>beams in UC
>light
Well you're wrong there
Did the beam rifle recoil not give you the hint?
>>
>>13565478
>except it's held in place, turning it into a solid

and we're back to green lantern

>>13565483

Ill be perfectly honest I don't actually remember off the top of my head every instance of weapon recoil that may or may not have happened
>>
>>13565487
Basically beams in UC are made up of highly accelerated particles (have mass), hence the beam rifles recoil. It's not Green Lantern type.
>>
File: floatingbinoculars.jpg (424KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
floatingbinoculars.jpg
424KB, 1920x1080px
>>13562824

Late uc could be better, but it won't be for a long time. Zeon is too inconsistent and later uc conflicts are more ambiguous since the federation is inefficient.
>>
Early UC has better shows, but also more in general so ups and downs

Late has more interesting stuff set up, but isn't very explored and despite the low entry count also has a lot of downs
>>
>>13565508

yeah but a lot of it's downs seem to be more related to production woes than a lack of effort. we all know what went down with f91
>>
>>13565497
Late UC federation is not just inefficient, they're downright counterproductive most of the time. F91 we see them use retarded tactic that damage the colonies quicker than the Babylonian could, Victory we see them signing a truce that leave the League Militia without reinforcement and doesn't even do anything when the Zanscare break the truce. I hope the League Militia doesn't fold into the Federation like the AEUG and Karaba.
>>
>>13562824
I prefer how fleshed out the OYW era is, including the time shortly after that. However, I'd love to see that level of detail brought into the late UC. I want to like the Federation in late UC, but they keep fucking up.
>>
If only Late UC had better and more interesting villains than "crazy mass-murdering spacenoids with a monarchy fetish AGAIN"
>>
>>13565930

Even funnier how things go downhill so fast, how long has Cosmo Babylonia existed in F91 ?

They are already going

> I AINT TAKING ORDERS FROM THAT PEASANT SERF ZABINE
>>
>>13563365
>>13565521

Sometimes I wonder if the ones who talk shit about the Federation in Victory actually watched the show, since they do a lot to assist the League Militaire and fight Zanscare throughout the series. Off the top off my head I remember:

-the Jamesguns guarding the LM resupply
-giving the LM the Reinforce and helping to tow it into space
-the Bagley Team attacking Keilas Guille and later the survivors joining the Gaundland's MS complement
- several Javelins (iirc, stated to be survivors from Side 1) helping Usso and friends escape Amelia
- several patrol boats that are instrumental in helping Usso beat Crazy Motorcycle Guy

They literally do more to help our heroes than they did in ZZ and CCA, where they were much stronger.

>Victory we see them signing a truce that leave the League Militia without reinforcement and doesn't even do anything when the Zanscare break the truce.

I thought it was heavily implied that the Federation 'ignored' Zanscare breaking the truce because Not-Revil and Usso's Dad were busy assembling the fleet that shows up for the final battle. It was basically just the Feddies buying time.
>>
>>13566009
> than they did in ZZ

The Federation are quite clever in ZZ they played Haman Karn like a pussy cat.

They baited her into launching a costly Earth Invasion thus weakening her force projection in space, as we see when Glemy asks Haman how they managed to seize so much territory in such a short time and she answers " I have lowered the defenses of Axis". They over stretch their lines while taking potshots and rallying their fleet in space.
>>
>>13566032
>The Federation are quite clever in ZZ they played Haman Karn like a pussy cat.

I don't think you can use that line unless it's clear that the Federation and Glemy were in cahoots.

As it was, Glemy simply took advantage of the fact that Haman overstretched her reach.
>>
>>13566076

So someone making use of internal strife is not being clever?

For such a gigantic world spanning Federation I am pretty sure they had intelligence units at this time among Axis who had learned what a unstable entity it was, Glemy did not shit out his rebellion out of his ass later material has shown Axis was full of political murders and what not and the Karns were barely holding on to their legitimacy.
>>
>>13566032
You could easily argue that they were doing the same thing in Victory, letting Zanscare extend themselves and occupy parts of the Earth, weakening and distracting their attention with auxiliaries like the League Militaire or piecemeal forces like the Bagley Team while they built up their main force for the big push we see at the end of Victory.
>>
File: 1398990308262.jpg (195KB, 812x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1398990308262.jpg
195KB, 812x1060px
>>13562824
>>
File: 614961.jpg (2MB, 3023x2146px) Image search: [Google]
614961.jpg
2MB, 3023x2146px
If they would just reprint all the 1/144s so I can buy all of them...
>>
>>13566092
>So someone making use of internal strife is not being clever?

Yeah, but the Federation never "made use" of internal strife. At the last moment they followed on the heels of the Nahel Argama at a point in time when NZ and the Glemy faction would have torn each other apart. They didn't engineer the split and had no part in it.

>For such a gigantic world spanning Federation ... ... the Karns were barely holding on to their legitimacy.

Your current view of Federation intel ops screwing with Neo Zeon 1 would imply that events like the Dublin drop happened because the Federation LET it happen. At that level of competence of being able to "make use of internal strife" I believe that the Federation wouldn't let an entire city population go up in flames even if it was for the sake of propagating a lie to lure in more of NZ for a decisive blow (despite Haman being in control of significant portions of the Earth by that time - would that not have been enough for the EF's sake for such an operation of deceit? Were they waiting for Axis itself to land at Dakar?) Yet the EF in charge of that region took no measures to save the city or the citizens. If such a bait-and-switch operation against NZ was in place, as you suggested, surely at that point someone from higher up would have overridden regional bureaucracy to save at least the civilians, if not the city.

As I said above, Glemy saw the chance of a weakened Neo Zeon and took it; but that's his credit, not the Earth Federation's. The competence/incompetence of the EF in ZZ is a separate matter from Glemy's ambition and he achieved his goal of launching a coup because he saw opportunity rising from between the EF and NZ from his third-party Glemy faction POV.

The EF didn't "bait" Haman into launching an invasion of Earth, Haman simply did, and when she overstretched herself due to ambition Glemy saw a chance. The EF insofar as we know did not play a knowing role in actually forming the NZ split.
>>
>>13562824
AU
>>
>>13565324

but even before the OVA we got HG Thunderbolt so it is a possibility
>>
>>13566147
>reprint
idiot
>>
>>13562824
Zeta.
>>
>>13562824
Early UC is the meat of the franchise.

Late UC:
Well, i've seen F91 and i know about what happened, full series didn't get the green light, cuts and pretty much 3/4 of the full story is untold.

Really hope we get the full story one day and connect F91 with crossbone.
Everything seems so interesting.
And i like that the new nations call themselves after old empires, Cosmo Babylonia. Jupiter using it's fuel monopoly a la modern day countries.

In a way the federation seems like Rome. Defeating the arch rival Zeon in 3 wars.
Not counting ZZ because no Char, and for the sake of analogy i'll use him as Hanibal Barka.

It becomes decadent and trough neglect lets these new rebel pretenders pop up and has to deal with them.

I haven't seen Victory yet, but i'd love to see the end of the federation, with possibly more colonies becoming their own nations and adopting the traditions of a great civilization.
Would love to see cosmo China, Egypt, Greece (fuck yes, maybe even several Greek states, from Sparta, Athens and even the Hellenistic kingdoms).

Late UC has so many possibilities, even some kind of a prequel to turn A.

Tho i haven't seen Victory i've read up on the tech and it also seems pretty cool, a very modern progression from size to speed and maneuverability
>>
>>13566009
Most of those are federation forces acting independently or captain of the Ra Cailum calling them in, not under order from federation governments. The only time federation troops move under order from the goverment is when they sent warship to fight motorcycle battleships on Earth, even then they're late. Not-Revil himself, when we first saw him, said that they're not to expect anymore help from the federation since all the ships and MSs he could muster are all the willing volunteers left - not under explicit order to join with the League and help destroy the Halo.
>>
File: Neo_Japan.jpg (24KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
Neo_Japan.jpg
24KB, 500x385px
>>13568098
>Would love to see cosmo China, Egypt, Greece
>>
>>13568206
Yes i was aiming at something like G, but with more of a F91 feel to it, not actual landmasses, just colonies doing so, building structures like their namesake civilization, wearing a stylized version of their clothes (the clothes idea i got from that early LOGH episode)
>>
>>13565324

thank god, that thing is hideous, and I like the rest of the thunderbolt designs
>>
I just want to see the transition from UC to RC. Damn those times must be scary.
>>
>>13568238
Like that Chinese colony in ZZ or Texas colony before it got Zeek'd?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>13562824
>grunt design
late UC
>pilots
UC
>ship design
FUCKING GIANT TRANSFORMING BIKE
>>
This how was like watching someone play vector-man.
>>
The thought of a whole new wave of all the Victory Gundam suits in 1/144 makes me wanna
>>
File: image.png (233KB, 459x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
233KB, 459x455px
>>13563671
>Tiny late UC suit drawn in Katoki long leg style
>>
>>
>>
I need to rewatch this. Twice was not enough.
>>
So many moments...
>>
>>
I wonder if he based this conflict on MODERN WARFARE?
>>
I'm scared I'll go crazy with HG never if I watch it. Bandai fucking sucks.
>>
So much potential... lost...
>>
>>13563365
>Victory have much less emphasis on newtype hax

And then there's the Angel Halo.
>>
Reminder: this is where the idea for the 08th ms team came from.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>13569793
>Late UC HGs never
>but we get to enjoy 'Origin' HGs of 'prototype' Zeon MS that never even appeared in the manga

Zeon ruins everything.
>>
>>13569833
>Zeon ruins everything.

I'm convinced Bandai wants to destroy the mecha genre to establish it's toy making business. Churning out garbage but since all you know is trash you have no other option. Seed was the first in a long series of attempts to establish this.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Chronicle was like Harry Ord without any charisma.
>>
Brukengs were like the Gelgoogs of this series.
>>
Actually they remind me of the Jahannam!
>>
>>
>>13569762
Basically
>>
>>13569844
>literally same basic shape from Victory
>still no HG Gun-Ez and Gunblaster

fucking bandai, playing safe now of all times
>>
>>13562824
The one where they aren't fighting Zeon remanants, or Zeon by any other name.
>>
File: img_f90_01.jpg (107KB, 770x722px) Image search: [Google]
img_f90_01.jpg
107KB, 770x722px
>>13570351
Mars Zeon?
>>
File: 2V_Side.png (258KB, 347x649px) Image search: [Google]
2V_Side.png
258KB, 347x649px
>>13569844

> Bandai wants to destroy it's toy-making business to establish a toy making business
> SEED was the first to really push the toy making business
> Not G, where almost every unit was a Gundam and a lot of them were intentionally as silly and toyetic as possible
> Or ZZ, where there was a Gundam team with 3 different Gundams
>>
>>13570762
Weren't the Gundams from G a failed attempt to create designs that would be too offensive to produce as toys?
>>
>>13570807

Imagawa has said he tried to commission designs that would be too difficult to turn in to toys in terms of their flexibility and proportions but never anything about trying to get ones as racist as possible to prevent it. If that was a concern Bandai or Sunrise would have simply nixed the designs in the planning stages since they have to approve all designs before things go ahead.
>>
>>13570807
You misunderstand, people in the 90s weren't crybabies, they didn't find things offensive. People would have loved to have a Gundam that looks like it's from their country.
At least i speak for eastern Europe, dunno how spics and chinks were back then.
>>
>>13570849

>eastern Europe, dunno how spics and chinks were back then.

Well that and getting bombed walking around old abandoned factories running into junkies in the middle of nowhere.

It was quite adventurous though
>>
>>13570865
Don't get me started on the toilet paper lines senpai.
At least there was no offensive p.c. bullshit
>>
File: DSCN7455.jpg (286KB, 2003x1502px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7455.jpg
286KB, 2003x1502px
>>13570891

At least we had this
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.