[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Gundams defeat a Emprah class battle Titan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Legio_Invicta_Warlord.jpg (50KB, 600x763px) Image search: [Google]
Legio_Invicta_Warlord.jpg
50KB, 600x763px
Could Gundams defeat a Emprah class battle Titan?
>>
It'll probably be like the Big Zam fight, fly up to the cockpit and just stab it. It's not like Emperor-class Titan have that much anti-air capability or a gun that can turn quick enough to hit a Gundan.
>>
>>13560530
Titans are operated by many pilots, even then they're machine spirits can just take over if they die. It's not going to be a case of "Fly up to it and stab it.".
Besides, it's forcefields sends shit into the warp if it gets to close. This is why projectiles go "poof" when they get near them.
>>
>>13560551
Have you read Titanicus? A Titan is basically crippled once its pricep die.
I haven't read a single story where the machine spirit can take over after the pricep die, only demonic possession.
>>
>>13560504
Can battletech defeat an Emperor class Gundam ?
>>
>>13560572
Titanicus is written by Abnett. Abnett can only into small-scale tactics. His take on actual space battles is Hollywood writing at its worst when you compare it to the Battlefeet Gothic fluff, crunch, and pre-existing novels. Macragge's Honour is the shittiest Warhammer 40k book I've ever "read," and I hated every single panel of that piece of shit.

So his take on Titan warfare shouldn't be viewed as the be all end all. It's pretty good, but Titans die in seconds and they seem smaller scale than the tabletop would have you believe, except when the Imperator is involved.
>>
>>13560504
A stray shot from a Dom could do it.
>>
>>13560504
>Void Shields do not protect from close combat assaults or other vehicles moving through them to then attack the shielded vehicle or vessel.
Should this be true (And I really don't know if it is. Since it's from a wikia, it might as well be made up shit), any Gundam fast enough to get into close range and armed with a sufficiently large weapon could take out a Titan.
>>
>>13561320
I only read Abnett for his Gaunt and Inquisition stuff anyway but Titanicus is the only novel I've read that go into detail of what it's like to pilot a Titan.
>Titans die in seconds and they seem smaller scale than the tabletop would have you believe
Its been a long while since I've read it but isn't that just because it's Titans against Titans? Not to mention that it's demonic possessed Titans that yell virus code that mess with the Imperial's systems.
>>
>>13561320
He's still an authority. That Titans are made by shit authors isn't really a fault of those defeating the author's logic via mock combat.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYWIL5sLMtA

relevant
>>
Which Gundam Universe?

UC? or some AU?

Because Turn A would be no contest.
>>
>>13561306
Break the Ice is a better song desu senpai
>>
>>13561312
Maybe one of the superheavy 100+ ton mecha, like the Orca.
>>
>>13562776

A couple of lances kitted out could though.
>>
>>13562901
Depends on the tonnage, equipment, and what they're facing. A Warhound would be simple enough, a Reaver would be tough, but doable, but a Warlord or Emperor might be pushing it.
>>
File: 48915151514.jpg (1MB, 2048x1606px) Image search: [Google]
48915151514.jpg
1MB, 2048x1606px
Who knows I mean a fucking Ork on a bike managed to destroy a imperator titan by driving so fast he crashed in the main bridge of the titan and destroyed it from the inside out.
>>
>>13561415
Abnett is completely inconsistent on this point.

>Guns of Tanith
Void shields block physical movement by people and cut them in half if they're caught in it when it turns on.

>Titanicus
Void shields don't block anything except high-powered, fast-moving ordinance and weapons. Titans can be grappled even when their shields are up, or be trapped by falling rubble. The same is true of Titans in Aaron-Dempski-Bowden's Helsreach novel.

>Macragge's Honour
Void Shields don't stop ships from physically ramming one another and boarding each other. They also only last against a single salvo of enemy weapons before you start taking Star Trek-levels of damage.

>Ravenor Rogue
Admittedly, an older entry in the Black Library canon with a lot of things that fly in the face of current fluff canon. But a man carries a man-sized void shield and it protects him from daemonic attack if not flies and knives.

Abnett writes so that the stories are exciting and fun to read, without much attention to the wider canon.
>>
>>13561880
What happened to all of the other Windams?
>>
File: 45421518121651.jpg (458KB, 883x1169px) Image search: [Google]
45421518121651.jpg
458KB, 883x1169px
>>13563004

Which is how 40k should be its so over the top we dont need to be realistic all the time.

Though Battle Fleet Gothic makes alot of sense for being in 40k
>>
>>13562532
Turn A is UC you retard
>>
>>13563096
ur funnay, bitch
>>
>>13561320
>His take on actual space battles is Hollywood writing at its worst when you compare it to the Battlefeet Gothic fluff
Slaves loading macro cannon shells with rope and pulleys.jpg
>>
File: 20070704.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20070704.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>13560504
Yes.
Don't bother listing reasons why you think it's physically impossible. "Physically impossible" is every day for God Gundam.
>>
>>13562940
But anon, WAAAGH!!!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.