[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834KB, 2400x1621px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834KB, 2400x1621px
New TV spot for The Force Awakens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e813AnfX0Y
>>
I have seen an awakening.
https://youtu.be/uDMm5j092sI
>>
Is that red light from starkiller base?
>>
This is the first clip of the film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-_liuakEs8
The delivery of the lines is really bad
>>
>boyega doing an American accent
Oh lord this won't end well
East London accent is too strong
>>
>>13557332
As an Imperial stormtrooper it wouldn't have been too far fetched for him to have adopted a Coruscanti (a.k.a. RP Queen's English) accent, wonder why they didn't stick with that?
>>
>>13557321
>The delivery of the lines is really bad
Pottery
>>
>>13557332
>east london stormtrooper

IM SPACE DANNY DYER AND WELCOME TO TATOOINES FACKIN ARDEST PUBS YOU SLAG
>>
>>13557321
How do you expect them to sound? What is good line delivery anyway?

It's something actually really subjective, more so than the story itself.

The black dude sounds out of breath, which is expected.
>>
What appears to be concussion missiles presumably being launched from ground emplacements, unless TIEs now carry missiles.
>>
>>13557359
>The black dude sounds out of breath, which is expected.
Because he's black? You fucking racist you make me sick...
>>
>>13557359
>It's something actually really subjective
Not really, actors are supposed to be trained in good delivery. There's actual benchmarks.
Most actors usually need a good director to keep them on point on set, Abrams isn't very good.
>>
>>13557367
They're also supposed to deliver good natural dialogue.

Unfortunately this is missing from Hollywood. Nobody talks like Darth Vader in real life. It's unrealistic.
>>
>>13557361
Considering bwings are now portable death-stars does that surprise you? Also the hell are the interceptors why are they still using that outdated tie
>>
>>13557359
Not whatever Daisy Ridley is doing. I guarantee all the hate for Boyega will disappear once the movie comes out and everyone starts hating her acting instead.
>>
>>13557407
>bwings are now portable death-stars
They've always been armed with more guns and missiles than they know what to do with. Unless they've changed something for the new canon again.
>>
>>13557399
I thought the entire point of Darth Vader is that he's a fucking egotistical cunt who likes to sound like a stereotypical supervillian?
>>
>>13557411
This. That "We've got one!" from the clip sounded horrendous
>>
>>13557469
I hate her pointing meme pose and she looks like a less attractive Kiera Knightley so I don't like her for that.
>>
>>13557423
I think he's saying they do some sort of composite beam cannon attack or something?

I've avoided the trailers for the most part.
>>
>>13558126
He's referring to the one that showed up in Rebels, which was explicitly mentioned to be a prototype. The gun also sucked so much power it shut off the hyperdrive for extended periods, so there's still real issues with it.
>>
>>13557359
>I find thing to be bad
>WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE IF THING IS BAD? IS IT REALLY? I DON'T KNOW, THEREFOR YOU CAN ALSO NOT KNOW.
>>
>>13558143
>The gun also sucked so much power it shut off the hyperdrive for extended periods, so there's still real issues with it.
I think, for a snubfighter-mounted gun that can instantly obliterate a cruiser in one shot, the problem of disabling an onboard hyperdrive is a surmountable problem (External hyperdrive ring? Operating out of a larger ship's docking bay like a TIE?) and a fair exchange.
>>
>>13558279
Wait, WHAT size ship did that bastard one-shot?

Goddamn capital-ship erasure. Fucking fighter-jocks stealing all the glory.
>>
File: ArquitensClassLC-RR.jpg (725KB, 1333x804px) Image search: [Google]
ArquitensClassLC-RR.jpg
725KB, 1333x804px
>>13558293
An Imperial Arquitens-class light cruiser.
>>
>>13558333
Oh that that's not too bad, I thought you were talking Interdictor/Vindicator sized.
>>
Let's be honest, the movie itself will probably be a 6-7/10 at best, but people will overrate and overhype it because of the nostalgia factor and the fact that it's Star Wars. I'm going in with Episode III levels of expectations, personally.
>>
>>13558371
Yeah. I'm keeping my expectations fairly grounded. There's a lot I dislike the about the film from what we've seen, but I'd rather not rant about it now. A different take on lightsaber battles and John Williams score is what I'm most excited about.

The simple fact that it's got the old cast back and won't be complete dog shit will lead people to praise the shit out of it, which is unfortunate.
>>
Could a Jedi/Sith/Knight of Ren use a psycommu?
>>
>>13558388
nah
The Force has more Shove Shit Around spells, not enough Awareness boosts. You need Dune Prescience to Newtype.
>>
File: 1447977833107.jpg (38KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1447977833107.jpg
38KB, 960x544px
>>13558416
>not enough Awareness boosts
Have you ever seen the movies?
>>
>>13558425
it's red mage when you need black mage
they have some, but not as much as Dune and UC
>>
>>13558416

The Force is all about spatial/spiritual awareness, man. It's where Newtype shit in Gundam came from in the first place. That and spice from Dune.
>>
>>13557342
Only black hatted imperial officers can be space brits.

>Steve Blum trying to voice random space Brits in Rebels
>>
>>13558435
>it's red mage
Stop. The force isn't magic, it's chi. There's legit magic in old and new Star Wars canon and it's not like the force.

Again, have you even seen the movies? Jedi see shit before it happens all the time.
>>
>>13558451
It's basically ESP
>midochlorians lmao xD
RUINED THE FRANCHISE FOR ME GOD DAMMIT
>>
>>13558188

> I find thing to be bad
> THEREFOR IT'S BAD BECAUSE I SAY IT'S BAD AND NO FURTHER PROOF IS NEEDED

It's just as easy to make fun of the other side of that coin really. Personally I think their delivery is fine. I don't know that they will be in the movie, but I certainly don't have a problem because of those those handful of lines.
>>
File: homer-urge-to-kill-rising.png (233KB, 471x351px) Image search: [Google]
homer-urge-to-kill-rising.png
233KB, 471x351px
Still no luke
>>Kylo ren as luke theory rising
>>
>>13558438

Yea, even in A New Hope you have Vader being able to sense Obi-Wan when he boarded something the size of a moon, Obi-Wan sensing the destruction of Alderaan not just millions of miles away but in another dimension (given that he was in hyperspace at the time) and Luke hitting something that he couldn't see that was thousands of miles away. The Force is basically newtypism on steroids and makes just about everything about newtypism look like babytown frolics.
>>
>>13558649
>Kylo ren as luke theory rising
How in the fuck can anyone be this retarded?
>>
>>13558649

He's in the official trailer. It's only for one shot and you don't see his face, but he's there along with R2 at a volcanic looking place. Phasma is in a similar looking place a second or two later with a load of Imps, so she's probably tasked with hunting him.
>>
>>13558451
>legit magic
You mean the Force witches of Dathomir?
>>
looks like shit
>LOOK HOVE EDGY THIS MOVIE IS
>LOOOOOK
>EEEDGY
it's as the new shitty edgy Superman
>>
>>13559057

What's edgy about it?
>>
>>13559057
Edgy how?
>>
>>13559064
>>13559067
SO DARK AND MATURE
>>
>>13559064
>>13559067
It's not. That anon just discovered buzzwords and the caps lock key.
>>
>>13559077

So you don't actually know and just want to say bad things for it's own sake?
>>
Every frame is so dense!

Though the space ship fighting does look pretty neat.
>>
This is not mecha or tokusatsu.
>>
>>13559169
This is more /m/ than Kamen Rider.
>>
>>13557321
Not bad, Daisy's accent is really distracting on the other hand.
>>
>>13558279
>obliterate a cruiser in one shot

I'm going to have to watch the episode again but the B-Wing at least disabled a light cruiser. It wasn't a one hit KO destruction but enough for a mobility and weapon kill.
>>
It's gonna be mediocre as fuck. It'll be so sweet to see all these people hyping it up to be anything other than a popcorn nostalgia-fest toy commercial get let down.
>>
>>13559169
It's the worst ame-toku
>>
>>13559169
Toku is not /m/
>>
>notLegacy of the force with notJacen and not Jaina.

Sorry, I'm just afraid that it will be like STID.
>>
File: Barber_Kaze.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Barber_Kaze.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>13559984
And yet the world still turns...
>>
>>13559999
>it will be like STID
Then maybe we'll get a moment like
>My name...is Thrawn
>>
>>13560100
that's for epVIII. I'm betting that VII's plot would be STIII.
>>
I'm more excited for the Warcraft movie desu senpai.

It's the most hyped movie after Star Wars at the moment which is kind of surprising.

It'd probably have shitty reception as well, but I'm more nostalgic for it than Star Wars.

Episode 1 was my introduction to the series which is probably why.
>>
>>13560704
What? Civil War and BvS are much more hyped up than Warcraft.

Hell, I've seen more buzz on Suicide Squad than Warcraft.
>>
>>13560726
I dunno I saw it ranked 2nd on imdb when the trailer got out. It doesn't matter either way. I'm oldschool warcraft, so I'm going to enjoy it even if it's some b movie shit with orcs.
>>
>>13559879

> anything other than a popcorn nostalgia-fest toy commercial

That perfectly describes A New Hope and Star Wars in general though. If that's all it is then it's done its job because that's all people want since that's all it's ever been.
>>
>>13557267
>this star wars music is old and busted, let's throw an obnoxious drum beat on it
>yes perfect it sounds like crap
>>
>>13560704
>It's the most hyped movie after Star Wars at the moment
first time I hear about the movie /v/ retard
>>
>>13561367
>my opinion reflects the entire site
look retard, it doesn't matter, but it was ranked 2 on imdb in anticipated movies.

>/v/
I don't browse /v/. Take your shitty prejudice somewhere else faglord.
>>
RIP Han
>>
So how old is Chewbacca in this new movie? How old do the wookies even live? Wasn't he already fighting with Yoda in clone wars?
>>
Since this is a Star Wars thread, what happen if a ship blew up during hyperspace? Do their debris continue to move in hyperspace until they hit something or do they somehow drop out of hyperspace?
>>
>>13561471
Wouldn't it just drop out of hyperspace the moment the drive blows up?
>>
>>13561471

What's there to hit in hyperspace beyond mass shadows?

>>13561474

Presumably there has to be some kind of transfer mechanism to go in and out of hyperspace. If that was damaged the ship wouldn't be able to cross between dimensions and would just stay there.
>>
>>13561479
Maybe someone planted a timebomb on the ship before it jump?
>>
>>13561432

Over 200. They kept that detail in the new canon.
>>
>>13559999
Sorry, I'm afraid you're a disgusting tripfag and a whore. Fuckk off from this thread
>>
>>13557321
>The delivery of the lines is really bad
What is with /m/'s hate for this movie? Fucking hell.
>>
>>13557407
>Considering bwings are now portable death-stars does that surprise you?
Are you fucking retarded anon? That was a one off prototype. Try actually watching Rebels before you shitpost.
>>
>>13563110
We hate garbage.
We hated NuTrek.
We'll hate NuWars.
At least it'll be less shitty then the prequels.
>>
>>13563110
>another death star
trash
>>
>>13563120
>We hate garbage.
From the board that eats shit like MD Geist or G-Reco up this is a bad joke.
>>
>>13563129
>Hasn't even seen the movie yet
Fuck off /tv/
>>
File: 1448375829502.jpg (70KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1448375829502.jpg
70KB, 540x359px
>>13563132
>Geist & Greco
>not masterpieces
Found the newshit
>>
i'm just hype for the fighter battles. could not care less about muh force.
>>
>>13563132
What is with your hate for MD Geist and G-Reco? Fucking hell.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.