[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

looks like next Cap movie is going to be pretty /m/, can we discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 33

File: civilwarbuddy.jpg (134KB, 1154x530px) Image search: [Google]
civilwarbuddy.jpg
134KB, 1154x530px
looks like next Cap movie is going to be pretty /m/, can we discuss it here? Specifically ironman and his friend. I'm loving the new suit
>>
>>13548694
what's the tiny gun or sword handle on friend
>>
>>13548718
War Machine has a bunch of extra guns strapped on, because the suit was essentially given to the US Air Force and they don't have the technological capability to upgrade it without bulking up the suit.

MORE GUN
>>
>>13548694
So is Tony's suit a new one?
War Machine Mk 45 looks bitching.
>>
Sprukit of that War Machine when?
>>
File: Iron Man 33 (Zone-Megan) pg08.jpg (802KB, 1280x1999px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Man 33 (Zone-Megan) pg08.jpg
802KB, 1280x1999px
Hope they have more dakka on War Machine this time. That iron patriot thing with its extra mini weapons was a disgrace.
>>
>>13548724
>War Machine has a bunch of extra guns strapped on,
looks like one small and unimpressive gun strapped on
>>
These movies are such stale shit and I have no idea why people still watch them.
>>
I really hope Civil War doesn't disappoint.

Then again I doubt they'll ever recreate the magic that made Winter Soldier work (like holy shit Winter Solider had no business being as good as it was. It goes beyond being a great comic book movie straight into being a legit good thriller film that just so happens to use comic book characters.)
>>
>>13548760
>I really hope Civil War doesn't disappoint.
The comic already sucks, don't expect to movie to be any different.
>>
>>13548718
>>13548745
Couldn't he just take one normal gun with his hands?
>>
>>13548772
>normal
>one
do you even War Machine?
>>
>>13548752
The first Iron Man, Winter Soldier and Ant-Man are good though.
>>
>>13548760
Winter Soldier had the best playthrough of Tanker Chapter ever
>>
>>13548846

kek
>>
>>13548760
Winter Soldier was barely even a superhero movie, which obviously isn't really the case with Civil War.
>>
That Combination Attack beatdown of Ironman at the end of the trailer was brutal
>>
File: civilwarbuddy2.jpg (105KB, 1028x512px) Image search: [Google]
civilwarbuddy2.jpg
105KB, 1028x512px
>>13548731
of course it is senpai, Tony gets new suit in every movie. I thought it would be repaint of one from the end of AOU but looks like they did more redesign. I love how streamlined it looks, like a sleek new Ferrari or a mclaren. Warmachine is ok, I still think IM2 version looks the best. Definitely an improvement tho. They really need to bring the mini gun back
>>
>>13548824
If you're allowed to judge movies in segments than sure, first half of Ant-Man was good, great even genuinely good stuff.

Second half was absolutely awful it was like the script writer and director got dropped on their heads, it was poor even for a standard superhero movie. They just started pulling out the most cliche'd dialogue, shots and special effects one after another.
>>
>>13548929
Are those glowing bits supposed to make it look like bleeding edge armor?
>>
>>13548772

He needs his hands free to fly because that's where the repulsors are, so no.
>>
>>13548760
>film
It was only a movie, but it wasn't bad by any means.

It's the same directors so I feel good.
>>
>>13548737
From the trailer, war machine's clearly gonna get his ass kicked.
>>
>>13548943

That's because it was. Antman was supposed to just be a heist comedy, and it was written that way for years. But Marvel insisted they make it fit into their universe and make it so Ant Man could crossover.

Hence the rewrites and director shifts and all that. Because they'd invested too much to just can it, and had to get it out before Phase 2 was done, and Wright just wouldn't cooperate.
>>
Just saw the trailer and I don't get something, isn't Civil War supposed to be about a goverment law passed to make superheroes expose their identities and register? From what I saw, this seems like CapxBucky vs the world.
>>
>>13548973
Global law actually in the case of the movie.
>>
>>13548973
looks like movie civil war won't be too similar to comics civil war
which makes sense since MCU has fuck-all for secret identities
>>
>>13548973

It is, but it seems like the big reason Cap isn't cooperating here is because they won't accept Bucky was brainwashed and want to kill him for his crimes as Winter Soldier.
>>
>>13548923
Fucking metal.
It's everything /m/ ever wanted
Non mech dudes btfo'ing a prototype suit.

>tfw BUCKYCAP
>>
>>13548984
Well, mostly non-mech dudes.
Bucky does have the arm.
>>
>>13548981
It does make sense after all. I don't know why they named it Civil War if it's nothing like it.

>>13548983
So it IS CapxBucky vs the world. I didn't knew Cap was a homo.
>>
>>13548973
"The Sokovia Accords
Framework for the Registration and Deployment of Enhanced Individuals"

That law will probably be limiting Cap's powers while incarcerating Bucky. So the rest of the movie will probably be about team Ironman hunting down team Cap.
>>
>>13548991
>So it IS CapxBucky vs the world.

Well no. It's Cap Bucky Hawkeye Falcon Scarlet Witch and Antman vs the world.
>>
>>13548997
So it's Avengers 2.5
>>
>>13548991
>I don't know why they named it Civil War if it's nothing like it.

Because the basic idea is the same. The Avengers are fighting against each other. They just gave it a personal reason beyond one stupid law making everyone flip their ship and start punching each other because of who they're told to work for.
>>
>>13548948
Looking at it closer they actually look like small repulsors for manueverability, they're only glowing in that flying shot.
>>
File: 1448443775284.png (1MB, 1802x738px) Image search: [Google]
1448443775284.png
1MB, 1802x738px
I'm curious how Black Panther will be introduced. Will it be ham-fisted or organically done?
>>
>>13548997
Where the hell was Antman in the trailer?

Was he just too silly for it?
>>
>>13549001
>They just gave it a personal reason
See, that's what makes it entirely different. Civil War is more of an ideological conflict, while this one seems to be a hunting for Cap and his buddies. All because they one to kill one guy. I feel like I would like this so much if it hadn't "Civil War" slapped into the title.
>>
>>13548999

It is really. They've even called it that in house.

At this point I don't think any film isn't going to have less than one hero in it.

Even Thor 3 is featuring the Hulk.
>>
>>13548694
>he likes capeshit
>>
>>13549019

The joke is he's shrunk in that scene so you can't see him.

Then again Vision wasn't in the trailer either and he's also in it.
>>
>>13549019
Vision was missing as well. Maybe they choose to omit the CGI-heavy characters.
>>
>>13549021
>At this point I don't think any film isn't going to have less than one hero in it.
It's not about having more than one hero that bothers me, since I always appreciate when they introduce new heroes in a good way and in separate movies, it's just that in this movie which isn't about the Avengers, they're practically all there. I know, it isn't the focus, but if only BW, Falcon and BP appeared it would be great.
>>
>>13548971

Probably. From what I've heard it's mostly Cap Falcon Widow Bucky and Tony focused. With most of the other heroes only being around for a few fight scenes.

So Rhodes probably won't be in it much more than AoU. I just hope they don't kill him off here.
>>
>>13549035
>it's just that in this movie which isn't about the Avengers, they're practically all there.

From what I've heard the other Avengers are only there for a few fight scenes and were only on set for like 3 weeks. The majority of the film is the usual Cap movie characters and Tony.

Thor and Hulk aren't in it at all, so it won't be Avengers focused really at all.
>>
>>13549044
>it won't be Avengers focused really at all.
I know, that's the reason I wish they really weren't there. Just a few ones are good.
>>
>>13548694
>There's a super solider on the loose!
>Lets go hunt him down, Black Widow, Black Panther and Black Buddy!
>>
>>13549048

But it would also be stupid for all of them to just ignore that Steve and Tony are starting an all out brawl because "Well it's not our movie. I guess it will work out fine."

Thor is back in Asgard and Hulk is too afraid to get involved, but anyone else sitting out would just be a glaring problem.

As it was it was suspicious enough none of the Avengers were involved in WS.
>>
>>13548984
After so many revisions I don't think Iron Man's suits are considered prototypes anymore
>>
>>13549078
Well, it's not like all superhero problems require all of the superheroes. Maybe some would agree with Tony having to hunt them and would join, or agree but would rather not get involved. There's a lot of possibilities for them not to be there, but they're mostly there because of the title "Civil War", which feels really forced.
>>
It annoys me that Civil War is a Cap movie, because it tells you right out the gate which side the movie wants you to root for and who's going to win. Which removes a large element of the tension the original scenario depends on to work. And frankly I'm annoyed I'm supposed to sympathize with the side that wants unlimited freedom and no registration or oversight of any kind for heroes. Again.

I'll still probably think it's a good movie since the Marvel movies are all at least decent. I wish it had been a stand alone movie though and not tied to one specific hero.
>>
>>13549090
Maybe the ending will be resolved civilly, over a cup of tea.
>>
>>13549020
I'd have pegged AoS for working on the registration angle because INHUUUMAAANS but nope HYDRA is back and we ancient intergalactic ayylmao worshipers now.

TV HYDRA is the dumbest. I don't even know why I even stay awake for the villain stuff that isn't Ward-centric.
>>
>>13549098
>Maybe the ending will be resolved civilly, over a cup of tea.
>cap will still get shot regardless
>>
>>13548965

> it wasn't a film
> it was only a movie

They're the same thing. You can attach more artistic merit to one if you want, but most people don't distinguish between them and the words are synonyms for each other by any real definition you want to find.
>>
File: 1431560167240.jpg (59KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1431560167240.jpg
59KB, 292x257px
>>13549048
>>13549035

>he doesn't want want Liz in his movie.
>>
Rhodie is going to job again.
>>
>>13548995

> Black Widow? Sure, we can forgive her for assassinations and working for the Reds for years, why not, bring that hot piece of ass on over?
> Winter Soldier? Sounds like a guy. Fuck it, kill 'em. We don't want no stinkin' reds working for us.

That make sense.
>>
>>13549111
The one time he doesn't job, he'll die.
>>
>>13548972
All that considered, the final product was still pretty good, IMO.
>>
>>13549114
>You're going after the Winter Soldier? What about Black Widow? Shouldn't we bring her in as well?
>That's racist, you white-sonofabitch.
>>
>>13549108
She should get her own movie really.
>>
>>13549128
Don't you mean sexist you cis, male scum?
>>
>>13549102

> Everyone sits to talk
> They all order distinguished teas
> Cap orders coffee
> Heavy pause as everyone stares
> Suddenly Cap gets a shot
> Smash cut to titles
>>
File: 1446967693900.jpg (89KB, 636x448px) Image search: [Google]
1446967693900.jpg
89KB, 636x448px
>>13549147
>>
>>13549106
Educate yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s
>>
File: FF1X4.gif (59KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
FF1X4.gif
59KB, 320x240px
>>13549147
>Cut to post-credits scene
>It's Agent Smith
>>
>>13549175

A big name being in on your delusion doesn't make it true. It does help though, because a big name supporting the idea helps spread it and that's how language evolves at the end of the day.
>>
File: bring the hype.gif (2MB, 349x248px) Image search: [Google]
bring the hype.gif
2MB, 349x248px
>>13549147
>>
>>13548694
>looks like next Cap movie is going to be pretty /m/
You guys say this every fucking movie. I think you can stop trying to justify it, and just start posting more Iron Man.
>>
>>13549114

Bucky worked for Hydra (which is still an active threat) and is implied to have killed tons of important people throughout an 80 year period which caused lots of problems for the world and helped Hydra keep its foothold.

Widow by contrast was just a generic Soviet assassin that didn't really kill anyone critical.

Also it's kind of personal. Bucky is implied to have killed Tony's father, and maybe Panther's as well. Widow didn't kill anyone the Avengers care about.
>>
>>13549097
>It annoys me that Civil War is a Cap movie, because it tells you right out the gate which side the movie wants you to root for and who's going to win

Maybe not. Cap isn't necesserily going to win, and the implications is he's thumbing his nose at the law because it's not willing to overlook his personal buddy's crimes because Cap doesn't think he should pay for them.

Just because he's gonna get the focus doesn't mean he's gonna be the undisputed good guy and win.
>>
>>13549175
No, piss off. That shallow, pretentious, narrow-minded approach to film is exactly what holds the medium back from being what it could be, and keeps standards for various genres low.
>>
File: New suit Civil War.png (4MB, 1342x3878px) Image search: [Google]
New suit Civil War.png
4MB, 1342x3878px
I'm really digging the new suit.

I like how they brought over the best aesthetic elements from the Bleeding Edge armor while keeping the MCU aesthetic. Very sleek, and the angular approach works well.

Also, the repulsor lights throughout the suit are more subtle, which helps a lot.
>>
>>13548984
>It's everything /m/ ever wanted
>Non mech dudes btfo'ing a prototype suit.
I hope you're being sarcastic.
>>
>>13549014
Ham-fisted.
>>
>>13549355
>I hope you're being sarcastic.
Mech arm vs. power suit. Cap can go fuck himself.
>>
>>13549223
>spoiler
That's because it literally is a meme

>>13549306
>keeps standards for various genres low.
Not at all.
The Conversation is a great film, but not a very good movie.

I disagree with Kiefer's definition though, I think the distinction should be made based on the audience the motion picture is made for.
>flick
purely for the audience and profits. Very by the numbers.
>movie
mostly for the audience, but perhaps the director has a bit more creative control. Still follows "the playbook" though.
>film
mostly for the director. Studios are ideally more hands off. This is where directors get to be more experimental. Cinematographers get to play a little more.
>cinema-I'm too pleb to claim I've seen one, but I imagine this is purely for the enjoyment of the creator. While audiences can still enjoy it, that factors little into the debate at all.

The new Terminator? Flick through and through.
Watchmen could be considered a bad film, but based on how it was made, I'd thumb it as a film.
Spider-Man 2 is the best Superhero motion picture, but I'd still only a movie. It just happens to be made fantastically and is damned good.

Anyways I think that film movie flicks etc, can and should be compared.

I don't like that video because film/cinema whatever don't necessarily need to be "highbrow"

Also, genres shouldn't be linked to any one of those labels. Look at Alfred Hitchcock. The guy made all sorts of things ranging from comedy to mystery to thriller and any number of them fall into different categories.
Psycho is a movie, but it's horror. Frenzy is also horror, but it's clearly a film if you look at the way the considerations of how they were made, and what goals he had in mind when making them.

/blog
>>13549315
I like it a lot too. It may be me, but it feels like they softened the color of the red up a bit. Looks warmer than it did in Ultron. I like that.
>>
>>13549398
>Watchmen
>film
No.
>>
>>13549468
I didn't say I think it is.
I said it "could be considered"
Don't you know how to into weasel words?
>>
>>13549273
By your logic, Bucky only killed one person we care about.
>>
>>13549273
>Widow by contrast was just a generic Soviet assassin that didn't really kill anyone critical.
You know, she isn't even a Soviet assassin, seeing as she couldn't have been active until at least the latter half of the 90s.
>>
>>13549478

I'm not talking about us. I'm talking about why in universe the Government and Tony in particular insist on Bucky's head and not Natasha's.

It's personal for Tony, and he's geniunely pissed that Cap would turn on him and everyone else protect his father's killer because of a friendship from 80 years ago.
>>
>>13549398

> Cinema - I'm too pleb to claim I've seen one, but I imagine this is purely for the enjoyment of the creator. While audiences can still enjoy it, that factors little into the debate at all.

The hilarious thing about this system, and the reason I would personally consider it a worthless distinction that really only leads to elitism on the part of film snobs is that you've almost definitely seen at least one bit of cinema (which sounds dumb as fuck to say), given that by your own system A New Hope is cinema. Lucas made it, by his own words, because he wanted to see that kind of film (a fun space opera in the vein of Flash Gordon essentially) and no-one was making those in the 70s. He had to fight tooth and nail to get it made too, because studios were convinced no-one would care. The only reason he got it in the end was if he directed (or possibly it was produced) another film they elected once he was done. A film which no-one knows or cares about anymore.

And yet it's one of the most successful films of all time and definitely an audience and profits film that would normally be pigeonholed as a flick under your standards and which the new ones would definitely be labeled as. It's cinema through and through.

>>13549569

Pretty sure she like Cap is on some kind of treatment that retards her aging. She definitely is in the comics to explain the same dilemma at least and I'm pretty sure she is in the movies given that she definitely has Red Room training and all the usual comic grim backstory.

>>13549574

Do they expect Cap not to care about his friend given that to him it was only a week last Tuesday that all this took place, not 80 years ago? That's kind of a dick move on their part. Like yea I can get that Tony is pissed about his dad, but given that he himself designed Ultron you'd think he'd have some leniency regarding past mistakes and a bit more empathy for Cap given the whole frozen in time deal.
>>
>>13549569
>seeing as she couldn't have been active until at least the latter half of the 90s.
You know Bucky shouldn't even be alive unless he was somehow able to be kept in suspended animation.

Oh...
>>
>>13549669
>pigeonholed as a flick
But it is a film since he had to cave as he did.
The sequels are movies though.

If it is cinema, then I am truly enlightened.

> definitely is in the comics
I kinda hope they'll adapt "Nat and Buckycap's American Rampage."
Say what you will about Brubaker (I actually like him cause he saved the X-Men, and he's usually not too preachy), but that was his best capes arc by far.
>>
>>13549734

> he had to cave

He didn't cave on anything to do with the product itself though. His concession was "I'll make a different movie for you as well then". That doesn't affect A New Hope and insisting A New Hope is a film and not cinema because of that is just snobbery to ensure that the cinema label isn't tainted by including something so crass as a popular and widely enjoyed movie.
>>
>this much sperging over labels that aren't "real/super" or "gundam/not gundam"
tvtropes please leave we have our own autism and don't need yours
>>
>>13549747
Then let it be cinema. I find your statements convincing enough, truly.
>>13549757
See >>13549223 it's actually a meme.
>/m/ - memes

Which mobile suits could movie Tony beat?
>>
>>13549763
being a retard transcends meme
>>
I hope the cap dies. Dude shitsux for relying in a shitty shield instead of using a based power armor like Tony
>>
>>13549763

The last thing I would note about cinema is that it's a collaborative art. Anything with a production budget of more than say...$20000 (to set an arbitrary number) and a complete cast and crew of more than a handful of people is by it's nature going to involve compromise. You spoke as if Lucas compromised the product itself and thus it's integrity by making a deal that allowed him to make it in the first place when he agreed to do another thing on top to secure funding but I can pretty much guarantee that whatever film you name as the peak of cinema is going to have involved compromise somewhere along the line on the part of the central creator to ensure the completion of the final product. It might have been a compromise to secure funding, it might have been to get a particular actor, it might have been to get some specific crew member, but somewhere along the line they'll have made some compromises to get it done. As long as it doesn't actually impact the final product itself by compromising the script or what have you though there's really no harm in it, and occasionally those things even result in a better product.
>>
>>13549782
I-I was only pretending.
>>13549816
Yeah, I don't really know exactly what I was getting at, but I can dig your definition. Like I said I don't think it needs to be "highbrow"

Thanks for humoring me. I appreciate your comments.
>>
File: 1448472601710-1.png (550KB, 740x696px) Image search: [Google]
1448472601710-1.png
550KB, 740x696px
>>13549669
I think Tony, unlike the authorities (likely led by Hydra), wants to bring Bucky in to be held responsible for what he did, like he was for Ultron. Cap, on the other hand, knowing the full story, feels that Bucky deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Stark feels too guilty about his fuck-up at this point to see that the people pushing for accountability over superhero actions are in fact trying to use them as tools, and Bucky is a loose end as far as they are concerned (hence the lethal force.)

It likely doesn't become truly personal for Stark until after this scene.
>>
>>13550252
I feel that as well. It also makes me dislike the Iron Manlet even more because he's just as guilty of HYDRA for creating weapons that got used for bad purposes.

Tony's a cunt. It's really no surprise that he shines the most when he's on his own playing rock-em sock-em with the 30th Stane/Dynamo clone instead of pretending to be a moralfag.

That issue where Sue trashes him in Civil War was good.
>>
File: 1425975381954-1.jpg (826KB, 1151x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1425975381954-1.jpg
826KB, 1151x1532px
>>13549315
I really do hope they bring in Bleeding Edge or something akin to it at some point. That suit was so fucking gnarly, Tony wasn't allowed to keep it.

>>13550307
Stark's whole schtick is that he's a man that's made mistakes and wants to make up for them as best he can the only way he knows how; making baller weapons and using them to protect people. The problem is he's also self-absorbed, so when he royally fucks up, he's so obsessed with fixing it that he often overcompensates in trying usually ends up making things worse. That said, if he does something wrong, it's because he thought it was the right thing to do, and at least the movie seems to be taking that into consideration instead of making him Iron fucking Hitler like the comic did. There was genuine pain in his voice when he said him and Cap were friends, which I thought was a nice touch. The comic just built him up as a strawman and made him do horrendous shit just to make Registration seem horrific when the need for something like it made perfect sense. One of the alternate scenarios actually has the superheroes trust Cap with their identities and it actually makes things far better than before.
>>
>>13550371
>There was genuine pain in his voice when he said him and Cap were friends, which I thought was a nice touch.
Oh yeah that was really great. As for all the Civil War things, don't remember which issue, but it was the one where Steve and Tony met at the old Avengers Mansion and just sorta went over their shit and talked the whole time.
The main issues were just so "off" outside the art, but McNiven being good is a given. Millar on the other hand doesn't seem like he gets inside his characters' heads enough. You've got Bendis who goes overboard on the other side, and it always comes off unnatural, but for different reasons.
Remender, Brubaker, and Waid are probably my favorite authors.

It's weird, but that was one of the few events where the tie-in's actually didn't suck. The Iron Man, Cap, Spidey, and Punisher ones stood out the most to me.

I like Iron Man the most when he's on the ropes against smarter or just outright more canny foes.

Did anyone like the whole Dark Reign? I thought it actually had some of the best books in the last 10 or so years.

That said movie Tony is still pretty deluded on the whole, and he really only get off clean because he funds half of SHIELD.

Why am I even typing this shit, I'm an X-Manfag? The later Fraction era was Uncanny, and not in a good way. I dropped capes entirely not too long after Peter "died." I was just too jaded. I miss it.
>>
>>13548694
Hopefully that's a Stark laser gun on his back this time.
>>
>>13549315
ALL THOSE VERNIERS
>>
>>13550252
>It likely doesn't become truly personal for Stark until after this scene.

Yeah. I expect Winter Soldier does that to Rhodes during their battle, which just further convinces Tony that Bucky needs to go down.
>>
>>13548752
>movie=/=film
Fuck off

>>13548752
Most are good tho

>I have no idea why people still watch them.
Since when did something being shit ever stopped it from being popular?
>>
>>13550307
>Tony's a cunt.
Only if you only read Civil War (which made him out of character) or most material after the first movie came out and tried to turn him into RDJ.

>>13550401
> I dropped capes entirely not too long after Peter "died." I was just too jaded. I miss it.
I'm cathing up after a two years break and I'm liking some of what I read, mainly the new 52 Wonder Woman, Justice League and Waid's Daredevil, try those.

X-men sucks now, they are doing the no more mutants thing again. Superior Spider-Man was fine tho.
>>
File: image002 (2).jpg (811KB, 1155x1533px) Image search: [Google]
image002 (2).jpg
811KB, 1155x1533px
>>13550401
>Oh yeah that was really great. As for all the Civil War things, don't remember which issue, but it was the one where Steve and Tony met at the old Avengers Mansion and just sorta went over their shit and talked the whole time.
That was actually a tie-in to Civil War, not written by Millar. It was the ONE issue of Civil War I liked aside from the "What ifs" where it showed what would have happened if Tony approached Cap first (things work out) and what would have happened if Tony died (Government pretty much goes nuts on superheroes and most die.)

Millar had Tony as a self-righteous cuntrag the entire time and other writers made him out to be FAR worse.

Civil War was a hard time to be an Iron Man fan in the comics. At least the movie came out at around the same time to make things more bearable...
>>
>>13550630
>X-men sucks now
Yeah, Bendis was a deal breaker, I figured it would be. It peaked at Second Coming for me. Lot of really good weight behind it, I thought. I can't remember if Land was drawing yet, but he never bothered me as much as some other people, like Olivetta.
Is Colossus /m/?

I actually was reading Waid's DD, not sure I finished it though. The team-up with Spidey and Black Cat was really grand.

I tried JL, but couldn't get into it.
Oddly enough, the DC series I like the most tend to be the "trashy" series, I really liked Red Hood and the Outlaws, but I never finished it.

I really liked Slott's run, the aftermath of Mrs. Jameson's death was some of the most touching comic shit I'd ever read. I'd been spoiled, but it still hit me really hard having read pretty much every ASM issue except some in the #500 range.

I still think Tony's a cunt from the late 90's early 2000's on, but a likable one.

Have you checked out Remender's Uncanny X-Force? Probably my favorite run of anything honestly.
It's also /m/.

Oh, did you ever read Secret Warriors? That was a killer series, and I usually can't stand Hickman.

I guess that's part of why I bailed. So many creatives I didn't really like got put on books I was following, and I just said fuck it.
I think I read 5 or so issues of Uncanny Avengers, but I never kept up, despite Remender.

>>13550709
>That was actually a tie-in to Civil War
Yeah, I remember that. Several of those tie in books were really nice.
Millar just sux. Can't think of a single thing of his I've read I've really enjoyed.
>>
Is it true Spidey is gonna be in this?
>>
>>13550731

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect much out of him. I don't think he'll be any more prominant in this than showing up for one fight scene.
>>
>>13550307

The problem with Tony is that Marvel keeps making him the bad guy in stuff like this and because the side they want to win is actually kind of unreasonable they have to make Tony more unreasonable to ensure the other side look heroic and good by comparison. That was the major problem with Civil War. The pro-registration side really should have won that war. If you're going to stand up in public and elect yourself to protect people then you better have enough faith in them and the systems you're defending to trust them with at the very least your name.

You or your family might get hurt, but accountability on your part for your actions is worth that risk frankly, because it's not just about you and yours. If all you are concerned with is you and yours then don't be a hero in the first place. The pros so far outweight the cons it's not even funny. Accountability, training, working within a system that could ensure you were at the right place at the right time and so on. All versus muh personal info. Such a system could even ensure heroes got proper time off while their patch was being patrolled and defended by someone just as capable.

And I'm still mad that Peter was unmasked for 5 minutes before they retconned the whole thing. Him becoming the first new public hero and dealing with all the changes that meant in his life could have been fucking amazing done right. It would have made for a great meta-arc for the universe too, to have heroes suddenly having a better life-style and more fame but dealing with the new shit that that brings to their lives and how they portray themselves.
>>
Its either gonna end with cap getting assassinated like the comics or milked out as "ironman civil war" and "avengers civil war"
>>
>>13550821

I'd love the first. Bucky becoming the new Cap for a couple of movies like the comics would be great. It wouldn't have as much impact since Cap hasn't been around very long in the present and it's harder to show what losing him means to people because of it, but you could still do that along with other interesting stuff.
>>
>>13550814
Brand New Day was a mistake.
It's such a shame too because Back in Black was a spectacular arc. Him wailing on Kingpin was awesome.
Also, the scene where he cocooned Iron Man was metal.
>>13550821
He'll get comatose. Then wake up thanks to the power of one of the Macgu--I mean Infinity Stones.
>>
>>13550720
>Is Colossus /m/?
He's not a mecha. Then again, trains are considered /m/ and he's big and has metal so by that logic then yeah.

I havent checked UXF or SW, but will do so eventually, I have a lot to catchp up upon.
>>
>>13550814
> If you're going to stand up in public and elect yourself to protect people then you better have enough faith in them and the systems you're defending to trust them with at the very least your name.
I was pro-Tony, but I never thought it that way, it's right, if they so much believe in "the system" the should teach with the example.
>>
>>13550814
At least in the MCU, the idea of security at the expense of freedom has been tainted pretty thoroughly by HYDRA.

Once you build that database, where's the accountability for those who manage it? Who watches the watchmen?

Particularly with how Agents of SHIELD has been playing out, where once again it turns out that even an organization with the best of intentions is itself being exploited by those who want to build an army of superpeople, one has to wonder just how exactly do you achieve the regulatory ideal in its entirety.
>>
>>13550864
Cool, don't check out the volumes past Remender.
Well, you can, but the quality from the few issues I read was kinda lame.

My taste is suspect though sense I really enjoyed Age of X. It's my guiltiest pleasure.
>>
>>13550874

> Who watches the watchmen

You can deal with that bridge when you come to it, but I'd prefer to have corrupt watchmen then vigilantes who could destroy a city and never be held accountable for it thanks. In answer, more watchmen I guess. Different ones, with different duties, titles and pay but watchermen all the same.

> it turns out that even an organization with the best of intentions is itself being exploited

So what, the same happens in real life. I still want cops, the army and so on to be registered regardless. Just because there's corruption and personal risk does not justify letting people do whatever they want with impunity.

> how exactly do you achieve the regulatory ideal in its entirety

That I can't answer, but a good first step might be having a single story where someone sets up a security measure that isn't just introduced with the express purpose of being broken as soon as possible to further said story. Having the government or whoever actually having security, encryption and so on that is as good as the bad guys for once, instead of something a five year old set up with a speak and spell a decade ago for pocket change. That kind of thing.

Fuck, if The Avengers can set up their own files (both in comics and movies) and protect them internally (most of the time), then they can do it for whatever organization watches them and deal with negative consequences when they arise. Rather than just going "bad shit might happen? Well fuck that, we're not playing ball at all in that case".
>>
>can't have mutants in the MCU

So are they just gonna half-ass characters and plots for 3 movies straight like they did with Avengers 2?
>>
>>13550915

Nah, they're just gonna use Inhumans as mutant stand ins. Agents of Shield has been setting it up for a while now from what I hear.

Also, they've already cut a deal with Sony to have Spider-man in Civil War, so further deals to include mutants are possible, though it's probably never going to be to a big thing even with such deals.
>>
>>13550902
For reference, the last time bad shit happened, it involved three highly armed helicarriers ready to strike names off a hit list.

At its best, a registration act provides another hitlist. At its worst, it does that and engineers flimsy justification to incarcerate or even terminate supers on grounds of endangerment to society if they fail to advance some arbitrary agenda.

There is merit to regulation, but the system itself is too capable of being abused to trust it on its own. It needs to be complemented with, I dunno, an empowered persons union or something that holds equal power but from the opposite side of the table, so as to provide a check and balance against the regulated half.
>>
>>13550941
AoS has been knee deep in Inhumans since s2.

Of course you could replace Inhuman with Mutant and literally nothing changes at all. Literally. I mean the first new guy to show up in s3 is literally a gay Latino guy, it reeks of XMen so hard.
>>
>>13550814
>The pro-registration side really should have won that war

Uh. They did. And Registration was in place for about two years.

And it showed the downsides of Registration in having all the heroes operating out of one system when that system was compromised in Secret Invasion, and then what happens when a total asshole is elected in charge because people are easily swayed when Norman Osborn got voted in charge because he shot the Skrull Queen on live tv and was able to spin that into a great campaign for himself.

So they abolished that.
>>
>>13550976
Remember when Black Bolt screamed so loud he ripped a hole in reality?

Kree a shit, Shi'ar a shit.
Crystal was perfect until she banged Ronan
>>
>>13550959

> At its best

Neither of those are good examples of best and let's not pretend otherwise. They're both varying examples of worst because that's all Marvel is actually interested in doing with the idea regardless of how good it actually is.

For reference, DC had heroes generally be registered for years and barely any readers even knew because it was such a minor and uneventful thing in universe. Batman and some big names weren't, but most were.

> There is merit to regulation, but the system itself is too capable of being abused to trust it on its own. It needs to be complemented with, I dunno, an empowered persons union or something

Then do that if need be. Superpowered people being so terrified of the same shit they want to protect other people from they won't even reveal their name regardless of any security or assurances is just being selfish at the end of the day.

It shouldn't need that to protect their identity though (their rights as employees is another matter), because cops and the military don't and fundamentally it's the same issue. The only reason it's so big an issue in comics is because Marvel keeps focusing solely on the negatives. Usually with a big fuck off magnifying glass for good measure.
>>
>>13548846
True. But that one shot where he runs from the deck through the hall and back out onto the deck will always bother me because they clipped out part of the time where he's out of view. The speed he's running and the time it takes from when he goes in one door to when he comes out the other don't match. Ship must have portals or something.
>>
>>13551083

DC's registration happened early on with the Keene act during the red scare, the JSA disbanded. It was a big thing, but it was so long ago that all the labor pains have been eliminated and they managed to make it work. Marvel's registration act always stop before getting all the kinks out so its always seen as a bad thing.
>>
oh god i never knew there was so much cap/bucky shipping, jesus
>>
>>13551356
It's pretty much second to Steve/Tony shipping, so I am not surprised.
>>
>>13548991
>I didn't knew Cap was a homo.

It's like you didn't read the comics.
>>
>>13551019

That scream was enhanced by a device.

At full strength without any enhancements, his scream is planet-destroying level.
>>
>>13549367
You're thinking of Spiderman
>>
File: 5xunEEz.jpg (35KB, 442x960px) Image search: [Google]
5xunEEz.jpg
35KB, 442x960px
>>13550814
>The pro-registration side really should have won that war.

They did.

Mostly because the people in-universe agree with the things you mentioned.
>>
File: B7J2CUHCcAAe-fB (1).png (961KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
B7J2CUHCcAAe-fB (1).png
961KB, 600x900px
>>13550989
The best part is, S.H.I.E.L.D. was at it's best under Stark. He ran things spectacularly. If it wasn't for S.W.O.R.D. sucking at their jobs and S.H.I.E.L.D. being compromised by the skrull invasion, it would have kept being great.
>>
why is capeshit so fucking bad
>>
>>13552107
Because appending 'shit' to a general term for something one doesn't like is already all the argument one needs to prove something is shit.
>>
>>13551432
if anything spider-man will get a cameo at the ende that shows cap or tony watching the news or some shit when he appears in one of his first big takedowns
>>
>>13549014
I thought that was Batman.
>>
>>13548769
the movie is really different from the comics
>>
>>13549106
I really wished this meme would die /tv/ is getting too cancerous it's hard to ignore it anymore
>>
>>13550252
yeah with last scene he said
>>
Since when was /co/shit ok on /m/?
>>
>>13553306
Since when was tokushit ok on /m/?
Since when was symphoshit ok on /m/?
Since when was 40k ok on /m/?
Since when was /m/v/shit ok on /m/?
Since when was /m/shit ok on /m/?
>>
File: 1442030528177.jpg (343KB, 1050x1575px) Image search: [Google]
1442030528177.jpg
343KB, 1050x1575px
>>13553306
Since when were you not a boring worthless faggot?

Since never, I imagine.
>>
>>13553388
>faggot posting /co/ck
>calling anyone else boring, worthless, or even a faggot
Do you even know who you are?
>>>/tumblr/
>>13553365
Only /m/shit should be allowed.
>>
>>13553399
Iron Man is /m/. If you don't like it, you can always go to mahq
>>
>>13553403
>>>/co/
>>
File: IM_Armor_XLV.png (917KB, 680x1825px) Image search: [Google]
IM_Armor_XLV.png
917KB, 680x1825px
>>13553403
Oh good, I guess Iron Man's cool to post, then
>>
File: 4147320-batman+35+image+2.jpg (178KB, 825x840px) Image search: [Google]
4147320-batman+35+image+2.jpg
178KB, 825x840px
>>13553399

If you're one of those fags on /co/ who go 'lol capeshit is for plebs' you should realize most /m/ material is just as much of a constant reuse of ideas and silly tropes.

Kill urself my man
>>
>>13553399

>a board of only gundam discussion

Jesus christ, why would you do that to yourself
>>
>>13553442
There's more to /m/echa than tokushit, capeshit, and vidya. If you think it's just gundam then why are you even on this board?
>>
>>13553440
>willingly supporting capeshit and /co/
>telling someone to kill themselves
Are you aware of who you are?
>>
>>13553455

Considering you're actively trying to stifle discussion of related material, I'd ask you the same thing.
>>
File: 57555610151417679232113.jpg (253KB, 960x923px) Image search: [Google]
57555610151417679232113.jpg
253KB, 960x923px
I really hope we get to see Tony suit up in Civil War. We didn't get to see that enough in AoU.
>>
File: bhPCPhV.jpg (44KB, 579x960px) Image search: [Google]
bhPCPhV.jpg
44KB, 579x960px
>>13553408
>>13553399
>>13553306
Mods already said Iron Man is okay on /m/ a long time ago. By complaining about it, you are technically breaking the rules.
>>
>There are statecuccs on 4chan RIGHT NOW
>>
capeshitters should suicide asap
>>
>>13553399
Remember that Iron Man Anime? That's pretty weebish and /m/, right?
Of coursh
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Stick to Aldnoah.Zero, faggot.
>>
Why are people who talk about things I don't like still allowed on this board?
>>
>>13553607
I'm still mad it didn't look like the preview footage.
>>
>>13553607
The anime movie at least had decent fight choreography...
>>
File: Ironman wins civil war.jpg (160KB, 1236x912px) Image search: [Google]
Ironman wins civil war.jpg
160KB, 1236x912px
>>13553607
Remember Disk Wars?
>>
>>13556650

> molded plastic capes
>>
File: 20150813_015303.jpg (149KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20150813_015303.jpg
149KB, 2048x1152px
>>13556650
Capt became a gundum, Thor became a gundum and everyone turned into Pokemon.
>>
>>13549014
>I'm curious how Black Panther will be introduced. Will it be ham-fisted or organically done?
He was meant to be in it. The problem is that they are adding Spiderman to take over some of the roles which means BP is going to lose some screentime because of it.
>>
>>13556654
Honestly it looks better than using some shitty thin cloth
>>
>no young avengers

Dropped.
>>
What's the point of War Machine having firearms built into the suit when Repulsors exist?
>>
>>13556867
Because USAF
>>
>>13549014
Don't worry, Wakanda invented Anti-Hamfisting technology centuries ago.
>>
>>13549021
>Even Thor 3 is featuring the Hulk.

If they drop the romance subplot with Jane the first two movies had with the Hulk fucking up Norse shit then sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>13550252
the little kill marks on war machines armor look like Ultron unit heads. If they are that makes me happy.
>>
>>13550630
>Only if you only read Civil War (which made him out of character)

Is there any event that did not make everyone involved out of character?
>>
>>13550821
Why not both?
>>
>>13548694

The WOMBO COMBO with Winter Soldier and Captain America is pretty hilarious. I'm struck, not for the first time, by how pointless it is to be a super-soldier when Iron Man armor is involved.

They're punching him like a million times, and he's just shrugging it off! It's like trying to have a fistfight with a tank!
>>
>>13550902
The real world government can't even have good security, encryption, etc. Fuck, the Pentagon outsources their IT to Russia.
>>
>>13556937
>They're punching him like a million times, and he's just shrugging it off! It's like trying to have a fistfight with a tank!
They are fully capable of ripping the arc reactor off his chest.
>>
>>13556940

And yet the US has been rebutting Chinese hacking attempts thousands of Times a day for a decade or more and while their security is occasionally breached, it's mostly from the inside using non-computer related methods. People revealing info like Snowdon and so on.
>>
>>13556867

Repulsor's are just blunt force beams. The aren't the end all weapon.

And he doesn't have the other fancy laser beams and stuff Iron Man suits do.
>>
>>13556952
Or the White House fence.

I swear at some point people are going to just jump that fence for the sake of jumping it, because they've seen other people jump it before them. A fence jumping meme, to put it simply.
>>
>>13557069
Went to white house during high school, we were meant to the year before but it got pushed to freshmen year because of 9/11. They had those pylons that can go up and down in the roads all around it on the streets. and in the drive that leads to the gate they have planters on dividers in the middle of the road we joked about how they hid automated turret defenses. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised with how defensive everything is planned now days. They got armored proof suvs that have hatchs that can open on the roofs where a mounted gun can rise up and be used by controls or gunner. But the thing that I really found odd is in one of the halls on the tour they had a oddly placed display case that reached the roof heavy wood. It wasnt all the way up against the wall but there was a draft coming from behind it. The fact they do have secret passages since first built wouldn't surprise me but Im just blowing it off as a neat possibility.
>>
So I think this is the last movie that Cap is contractually obligated to make he has expressed a desire to become a directer whats it like knowing that Captain america will likely die in this movie just like he did in civil war?
>>
>>13557041
Why wouldn't he? This will be the third War Machine suit and the second built entirely by Tony.
>>
>>13548973
That was the basic plotline in the original Civil War comic book story arch. However the moves have always taken some pretty big liberties and in this case it looks like the fairly drastic scaling down of the whole thing may be necessary as most of the characters the Superhuman Registration Act fucked over belong to different studios. Fox owns the X-Men with their rogues gallery while Columbia owns Spider Man with his rogues gallery.

Also, I don't think the usual sun 2 hour runtime of a hollywood movie would be enough to properly portray the comic book version of the Civil War story arc and the events that lead to it even if you could use the post credits scenes of other movies. The Extremis story arch that they had in 3 was for instance only 6 issues long while the Civil war story arch is considerably longer and is contained in several different magazines as opposed to the first 6 issues of Iron Man Volume 4.
>>
>>13557496
Probably because he doesn't want the U.S army or contractors working for it to reverse-engineer all that tech and mass produce it. There's the Armor Wars story arch where his tech got stolen by Taskmaster and he had to go all over the world destroying schematics of his armor and factories mass producing it. More recently the Dark Reign story arch where he put a lot of effort into making sure people wouldn't steal his armor in his absence.
>>
>>13557372
But he has to make a last stand against Thanos.
>>
>>13557496

Because they require constant recharges and maintainence for Tony's high tech gadgets he puts in.

Tony's not on hand 24/7 to be Rhodes's mechanic and resupplier. Rhodes works for the Air Force when he's not on Avengers mission. He'd build the War Machine suits to work with stuff the Air Force has on hand, which is ammo and missiles.

When Tony has a suit worn in a fight he usually just rolls out a new one. Rhodes can't do that. So it has to be built to last and easily resupplied.
>>
>>13549315
Probably a stupid question but is Iron Mans suit actually real in these movies? Obviously for flight scenes it'll be CGI but I know that Legacy Effects have built all of the Iron Man suits so far, for some reason though they don't look real in any scenes.
Do they just build them as props for the hall of armour?
>>
>>13561443
There was a physical Iron Man suit for his previous appearances in his solo movies and Avengers. It does seem like all shots of the suit here have been CG though.
>>
>>13561443
tey usually go 50-50
in closeups and such they have half of a real suit ( like the chest neck and shoulders, and gloves , the a sentai suit with markers for the post prod. team to animate the rest of the suit if those as reference , apparently for the first one the did have an almost complete suit for some shots , and they just aded the tedious detale later ( like the parts that go between the gaps in the crotch and leg areas and such)
>>
>>13548973
They don't have enough superpeople in the movie universe to do the same plot from the comic. They're adapting it into something more personal for Cap.
Which is fine because the comic was bad anyway.
>>
File: 20151011_203038.jpg (52KB, 1352x760px) Image search: [Google]
20151011_203038.jpg
52KB, 1352x760px
>>13561634
Plus there aren't enough MCU heroes with secret identities for that to be an issue like in the comic.
>>
>>13549021
>At this point I don't think any film isn't going to have less than one hero in it.
>Even Thor 3 is featuring the Hulk.
Well the Hulk needed screen time but not in his own film. And they needed an Earthling for Thor3 and it can't be Jane Foster, as it would be too dangerous to bring her on Ragnarök for no reason.

You need an Earthling to ask for explanations that Earthlings would ask. You also need someone who could take care of himself in a fight and not need Thor babysitting. That person is the Hulk.
>>
>>13561462
>>13561538
Ah I see, thanks anons.
>>
>>13561647
>Well the Hulk needed screen time but not in his own film.
also a Hulk movie means they have to share money with another company, but if Hulk shows up in other characters' movies they don't owe jack
>>
>>13561674

Is that why there's no new Hulk film? I was hoping to see an adaptation of Planet Hulk or something at some point since Ruffalo makes such a great Banner.
>>
>>13561797
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-ruffalos-hulk-appear-thor-832519
>Ruffalo and his take on Hulk was one of the standouts in the first Avengers movie and fans have been clamoring for a Hulk solo movie. The Hulk rights may be a bit twisty — Universal has the distribution rights even as Marvel has the character back in its fold, according to source — so fans will have to make do with this.
>>
>>13561462
Iron Man 1:
Mk 1: Physical costume + CGI
Mk 2: Physical costume + CGI
Mk 3: Physical costume + CGI

Iron Man 2:
Mk 4: Physical costume (upper half) + CGI
Mk 5: Fully CGI
Mk 6: Physical costume (Mk 4's upper half) + CGI overlay
WM: Physical costume (upper half) + CGI

Avengers:
Mk 6: Physical costume (upper half) + CGI
Mk 7: Fully CGI; Mk 6 costume worn as reference for overlay

Iron Man 3:
Mk 7: Fully CGI; Mk 6 costume worn as reference for overlay
Mk 42: Partial costume (upper half) + CGI
Iron Patriot: Partial costume (upper half) + CGI
Everything else: Fully CGI

Avengers AOU:
Mk 43: Physical costume (repainted Mk 42 upper half) + CGI
Mk 44 Hulkbuster: Fully CGI
Mk 45: Fully CGI, Mk 43 costume worn as reference for overlay
>>
File: 4904547-4938019744-peppe[1].jpg (126KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
4904547-4938019744-peppe[1].jpg
126KB, 1920x800px
The movie won't have a twist near the end. Where Pepper shows up with extremis still and kills Cap.
>>
>>13561979
>AAAHHHHHHHH SAVE ME PEPPER

but seriously, i kinda like this scene.
>>
>>13561922
Very helpful, thanks m8.
>>
>>13561462

They'll have another partial suit for CG layering at least for both Iron Man and War Machine.

Maybe even something a little more detailed than usual since there's gonna be a lot of shots of RDJ wearing the suit without a helmet.
>>
>>13561538
>apparently for the first one the did have an almost complete suit for some shots

Yeah. It wasn't worth the effort because RDJ (and any stuntmen for that matter) could barely move in it, which is also why alot of the fights were just him slowly stomping around or standing there.
>>
It amazes me to this day that there are people making decisions about movies and comic books who don't get that the appeal of War Machine is that he's Iron Man + Guns, it's such a simple equation and yet the keep coming up with shitty redesigns even though they pretty much perfected it in Iron Man 2.

I hate how War Machine looks now, he's just Iron Man but black and silver it's so fucking lame, any War Machine design that doesn't have a mini gun is shit.
>>
War Machine is like Iron Man's secondary Rider when you think about it.
>>
>>13567525
>I hate how War Machine looks now, he's just Iron Man but black and silver it's so fucking lame, any War Machine design that doesn't have a mini gun is shit.
this
the serious business colors are kinda cool, but without big guns and shit it misses the point of what makes the design different than traditional form

Like if they brought in Beta Ray Bill but dropped that he's a weird-looking alien.
>>
File: gettin sick of your shit.jpg (49KB, 347x450px) Image search: [Google]
gettin sick of your shit.jpg
49KB, 347x450px
>>13548769
>The comic already sucks

>I forgot about how I had my friend shot in the fucking head so that he was forced to be dead for a while
>srsly
>can we not talk about how I had my best friend (who also happens to be the incarnation of everything good about the American Dream and the US in general) shot in the head over a political disagreement any longer? Because I have a convenient amnesia covering exactly that period.
>>
File: 1250822622196.jpg (79KB, 372x532px) Image search: [Google]
1250822622196.jpg
79KB, 372x532px
I honestly don't get why people cream themselves over iron man's suits.

The only thing that ever pops out for me between each one is how the Arc Reactor piece is shaped.

Same drab color scheme and basic shape with a different arrangement of plating.

There are very few moments in the movies where one can even appreciate the designs outside of the "first suit up" scene in the films.

There is an utter lack of personality between each main suit.
>>
>>13556943
Why is the arc reactor exposed like that? Don't care how powerful the unibeam is, having your power source out in the open like that with only a bit of glass protecting it is dumb.
>>
File: War_MachineMILK_1op.jpg (307KB, 652x1000px) Image search: [Google]
War_MachineMILK_1op.jpg
307KB, 652x1000px
>>13567525
>I hate how War Machine looks now, he's just Iron Man but black and silver it's so fucking lame

I don't know, the only thing really wrong with this new model is the weird painting on the helmet that makes it look like it's balding or has a mohawk. I agree with everything else, though. They should have just repainted the Iron Patriot armor and called it a day.

Unless we're talking about the comics. Then they should have stopped at his Initiative armor. That's the sleekest you can go without just being an Iron Man palette swap.
>>
File: 149783-199105-war-machine.jpg (32KB, 357x426px) Image search: [Google]
149783-199105-war-machine.jpg
32KB, 357x426px
>>13568297
>Initiative armor
Pic related
>>
>>13548694
>looks like next Cap movie is going to be pretty /m/

I highly doubt that. Even the last couple of Iron Man movies were hardly /m/ at all.
>>
File: Beta Ray Motherfuckin' Bill.jpg (739KB, 1866x1826px) Image search: [Google]
Beta Ray Motherfuckin' Bill.jpg
739KB, 1866x1826px
>>13548760
It can't be worse than the comic. That comic is honestly one of the worst Marvel's done for a long time- you can directly trace a lot of their really, really awful shit in recent years back to it, in fact.

Personally, I just want muh Planet Hulk movie and a Ballad of Beta Ray Bill movie. I've stopped giving a shit about Marvel movies after realizing they've been the same shit regurgitated over and over lately (barring Winter Soldier and GotG), but damn do I want to see those.
>>
>>13567525
>any War Machine design that doesn't have a mini gun is shit

He has one there. It's just not quite as big. Supposedly it detaches and becomes a rocket powered hammer though which sounds badass even though he's probably gonna job.
>>
>>13548694
So what the hell is the Vision doing during all of this?

>I have the fucking mind gem stuck in my forehead, and really like peaceful solutions to everything
>I'm fairly certain neither side is actually capable of killing me, on top of that
>I could totally intervene here and try to help

>naaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
File: avengers[1].jpg (117KB, 670x379px) Image search: [Google]
avengers[1].jpg
117KB, 670x379px
>>13569168
Supposedly, he's on Tony's side.
>>
File: CNbo5STWIAAxayt[1].jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CNbo5STWIAAxayt[1].jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>13569228
>>
>>13569232
why do they make tony side looked like a bad guys
>>
>>13569259
If they were the good guys, this would be called "Iron Man: Civil War."
>>
>>13569259
because fuck govverment bureaucracy
>>
>>13569232
Who's the bitch in the lower pic?
>>
>>13569259

Because they probably are.

1. It's Cap's movie.

2. The government and authority are always wrong in these films.
>>
>>13569279

Sharon Carter. Scarlet Witch isn't there for some reason even though she's prominantly shown on Team Cap in the actual trailer.
>>
>>13569228
>>13569232
So how in the flying fuck is Cap's side supposed to win this? The only real powerhouse they've got is Wanda and that just barely cause I'm sure this Wanda is not NO MORE MUTANTS-strong,

There's a limit to how underdog the underdog side can be. It only feels like a cheap asspull if they pull through with all so uneven.
>>
>>13569355
They take it out
>>
>>13569355

Cap has Ant-Man (he's standing on Hawkeye's shoulder).

All he has to do is jump into Iron Man and War Machine and disable their suits and they're done.

Vision is the real problem but he's actually sensible unlike most so he'll likely be holding back.
>>
>>13569290
>The government and authority are always wrong in these films.

ooohhh just like feddies right

fucking
>>
>>13569168
He's doing inception agent stuff.

Everyone's gunna die but at the end, we find out from purple robot that Wanda unconsciously altered reality due to Quicksilver's death. Vision is the only one aware of this and goes to find Dr Strange to put a stop to it.

So despite being called Civil war, it's actually Avengers Disassembled + House of M. What a tweest!
>>
>>13568422
>Personally, I just want muh Planet Hulk movie

Oh come on, Planet Hulk is worse than the plot around the purple space alien that needs to collect all the stones for his pimp-glove so that he can finally bed that animated skeleton. Its plot is based on beyond "LET'S DESTROY A MAJOR NATION IN THE MIDDLE EAST"-tier of retarded decisions.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.