[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Casshern any good or is it an awesome concept with a shitty anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18

File: casshern.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
casshern.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
Is Casshern any good or is it an awesome concept with a shitty anime?
>>
File: Casshern.Sins.full.154430.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern.Sins.full.154430.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>13544385
The original series is standard 70s stuff, Casshern Sins is damn amazing though, if only for its atmosphere.
>>
>>13544443
Exact opposite, the original series was a classic for its time while Sins is forced emo shit with horrendous characters and terrible pacing.
>>
>>13544443
Let's say that Sin start very well, but become a boring shit too soon. Also the atmosphere collapses just when the existential problems of Casshern and Dio take over too much screentime at the expense of the setting.
>>
KILL CASSHEWS

DEVOUR CASSHEWS
>>
>>13544479
>DEVOUR CASSHEWS
With pleasure, they're delicious.
>>
File: megaman and rush.png (198KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
megaman and rush.png
198KB, 350x263px
I've only seen the 90s OVA, and it was pretty entertaining from start to finish
>>
>>13544385
Original Casshern is very good. A lot of times the mood isn't even THAT far off from Sins (at least in how effective it can be), and the animation is pretty high quality for the time.

It's not very long so you should give it a watch.
>>
>>13544449
>>13544459
This too much drama not enough exploring of the setting that could have led to something much more interesting
>>
>>13544385
When I've watch it that's how I've felt

Original is fun but it's an old 80s show and just is what it is
Sins I never got into. Don't like the characters
Not seen the OVA

So in conclusion MGR is the best version, until it eventually gets rebooted and then we'll see
>>
>>13544519
>MGR
I see what you did there. Still, you gotta admit Platinum wanted to do a Casshern game real badly.
>>
>>13545170
I'd settle for tatsunoko vs capcom 2
>>
>>13545181
This desu senpai.
>>
Personally, Sins is my GOAT.

While they don't ever really talk about the setting, the visuals let you explore it in more creative ways than some talking heads ever could.

The sense of mystery is spectacular.

All versions are pretty stand-out stuff though. Friender best companion.

Except the live action thing

If nothing else, Sins is worth watching for the visuals alone. It's gorgeous.
>>
File: Casshern.Sins.full.154395.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern.Sins.full.154395.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>13545213
I actually hate the art style of sins. Especially the faces
>>
>>13545213
I also disagree that the show doesn't explore the setting. Nearly every single episode takes place in a new locale. They don't wholly explain the setting, but you do learn enough to create your own interpretations.
>>13545233
Huh, well fair enough.
>>
>>13545181
Who do you want in TvC2, /m/?

>Tekkaman Evil
>anybody from Mospeda (get ready to import)
>the other two Gatchamans
>Ken so that we can have a fighting game with two Ryus and two Kens
>>
>>13545253
More Karas stuff?
>>
>>13545253
>(get ready to import)
Nah, they would just pull a Hakushon Daimaoh and take them out of the game for a different character via a newer release (in before Yattarou/Speedy).
>>
>>13544519
>Original is fun but it's an old 80s show
Early 70s actually.
>>
So what're the best ways to watch Neohuman Casshan, Robot Hunter Casshan, and Casshern Sins?
>>
>>13545253

I have non-/m/ answers like Gene and Masamune Date (sadly, his amazing Motorcycle Horse does not count).

I guess I'll go with the likes of Tekkaman Evil, Go Mifune (or fuck it, the Mach 5 a'la the Daytona Hornet in Fighters Megamix), that robot buddy from Flying House/Superbook, and the rest of the Gatchamen perhaps.
>>
It's ok.
>>
>The part with Casshern cast in Peeping Life

They are genius
>>
>>13545181
It'll never happen.
>>
CROWDS treatment when?
>>
>>13548482
Never, hopefully.
>>
>>13545213
The first half is great, but then in the second half too many important plot points were either dropped or left waaaay too ambiguous. Like, the show somehow got more confusing as time went on, for each new "revelation" posed more questions than answers.
>>
Braiking Boss did nothing wrong
>>
>>13548482
>>13548496
Now I'm wondering what Gatchaman Sins would be like.
I assume it would be like the '90s OVAs, but with Umakoshi handling the character designs, and way more brooding.
>>
>>13548520
Which plot points? I mean the show barely had a plot other than find Luna.
I can understand not liking the ambiguity, but as I said, I like that they left things open.
>each new "revelation" posed more questions than answers.
I think hat was sorta the point. The show presented a series of vignettes linked by a common observer (and occasional participant, for good or ill) and then you as te viewer were intended to draw the meaning out of how they were presented in your own way.
It's one of the few stories that I really felt like it was actually made with the intent to be "up to the viewer", and I'm almost certain I remember reading that in one of the staff interviews somewhere.
For example, the epilogue is an incredible downer for me, even worse than Lyuze's death, but I've seen a lot of people think it was very happy/inspiring.
>>
File: Casshern.gif (947KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern.gif
947KB, 500x336px
Did Casshern invent dramatic helmet/visor closing/opening during combat?

This shit makes my dick HARD every time.
>>
File: pso20151030_222041_007.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pso20151030_222041_007.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13549628
Mouth guards are the coolest
>>
>>13545253
Gotta have SoulTaker and Samurai Pizza Cats. Maybe Crowds and Yatterman Night reps to bring newfags in.

>(get ready to import)
Nah, ol' Harmony Jew is cozy with Tatsunoko.
>>
>>13548547
>Which plot points? I mean the show barely had a plot other than find Luna.

>the shiny rock they found at that one lab with the three kids, what was the deal with that? an entire episode was dedicated to that one thing and then nothing happened with it
>ringo, what was she exactly? what happened to her ruin? will she die a normal death?
>leda, how exactly did she give birth? didn't ohji say that the reproduction experiments ended in failure? how did that baby end up in the middle of nowhere?
>what happened to the robot that was left in the graveyard?
>what happened to the group of robots and humans who were looking for luna?
>was luna's healing only a one-time thing, or did robots need constant blood from her to maintain immortality?
>why did the ruin not affect friender?
>what exactly was braiking boss' motive?
>how exactly did luna come back from death? was it really because her and casshern's blood mixed? i mean they only wrote ONE LINE of dialogue in the whole series to explain that, at the very end, and it left me unsatisfied

I mean I understand that half the things I've said can be just "left up to the viewer to decide" but when it comes to the major characters and the events that define them, I'm not convinced that being too ambiguous is a good thing.
>>
File: 12122101.jpg (57KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
12122101.jpg
57KB, 510x624px
>>13545253
Omitsu. I want to spam missiles!
>>
>the shiny rock they found at that one lab with the three kids, what was the deal with that? an entire episode was dedicated to that one thing and then nothing happened with it
I think the rock was just symbolic of the place where Luna was made, which they touch on. Also, it's a whole lot less of the episode than you remember. The bigger part was Leda crashing the party and trying to find Luna.
>ringo, what was she exactly? what happened to her ruin? will she die a normal death?
She's implied to be either Casshern's or Dio's daughter by Leda
>leda, how exactly did she give birth? didn't ohji say that the reproduction experiments ended in failure? how did that baby end up in the middle of nowhere?
Ohji I think lied to keep Ringo from being experimented on after he found her.
>what happened to the robot that was left in the graveyard?
It got to watch over the retard until they both ruined, probably not a plot point
>what happened to the group of robots and humans who were looking for luna?
Jin's group? Maybe they made it, maybe not. It was just a little stroy about perseverance.
>was luna's healing only a one-time thing, or did robots need constant blood from her to maintain immortality?
It seemed to me like it was a one time thing, but it took your mind
>why did the ruin not affect friender?
I got nothin. I could probably come up with something, but I really don't know.
1/2
>>
>what exactly was braiking boss' motive?
Get eternal loli waifu and rule the new world. It was originally kill Luna, take over, but he had to recalculate when his original assassination plan backfired and Casshern survived getting ambushed by Dio. Going even further I actually think he was one of the people who "created" Luna and obviously she didn't want to comply.
>how exactly did luna come back from death? was it really because her and casshern's blood mixed? i mean they only wrote ONE LINE of dialogue in the whole series to explain that, at the very end, and it left me unsatisfied
It would've been nice if they had expanded, but it makes enough sense.

>I'm not convinced that being too ambiguous is a good thing.
Fair enough
>>
>>13550193
>>13550199
Whoops, both meant for >>13549979
>>
Casshern is one of those series I've been meaning to get into. Iv'e only seen Sins. Honestly everything everyone has said so far is fairly true. I t definitely has a unique style, and could be a tad bit less oww the edge.
>>
File: Visors.webm (259KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Visors.webm
259KB, 720x404px
>>13549628
Try not to ruin your keyboard
>>
>>13545170
Supposedly Vanquish was gonna be a Casshern game but they couldn't get the rights to it so they went off and did their own thing.
>>
>70s
not bad
>OVA
good
>Sins
mixed bag

Wish Gatchaman got something like the Sins treatment instead of crowds. The Yatterman wasn't that great either but it was okay
>>
File: 1432131553457.jpg (303KB, 1832x764px) Image search: [Google]
1432131553457.jpg
303KB, 1832x764px
So

How about that movie?
>>
File: my brain.jpg (16KB, 318x208px) Image search: [Google]
my brain.jpg
16KB, 318x208px
>>13553376
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>13552216
Seriously...?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, that would've been amazing.
>>
>>13550193
>>13550199
>I think the rock was just symbolic of the place where Luna was made, which they touch on. Also, it's a whole lot less of the episode than you remember. The bigger part was Leda crashing the party and trying to find Luna.

Dude, Leda was there trying to get the kids to cough up the little secret they've been keeping. She's dealt with, leaves, and the kids deem that Casshern & company are worthy of it and they hand over the rock, then they immediately die. As I said, it just creates more questions than answers. What was the rock and why were they so intent on hiding it? What are Casshern & company supposed to do with it? What WERE those kids? How did they know Ringo was a second-generation robot?

There's also that one line of dialogue where Dio says that Casshern is neither human nor robot. I understand that you need to watch the old series before Sins, but you don't just introduce a point like that about the MC and then never, ever expand on it.
>>
>>13553494
Oh, shit that rock, yeah sorry.
Anyways Ohji stays back to try and correct the ruin with the rock. That rock was stated by Ohji to be Luna's nanocell's, I'm guessing like an original blueprint of Luna's "DNA." In any event it seems he failed, or gave up, in stopping the ruin.
They probably wanted to hide it because well, shit's powerful. The episode says Luna is the kids mother.
>Dio says that Casshern is neither human nor robot
Right, in one of the pre-OP scenes Casshern asks Luna what exactly is the deal with her blood, obviously that's what evolves him. It's brief, but it's there.
>>
>>13550193
I remember reading somewhere that the ruin didn't affect Friender because he DEVOURED part of CASSHANNNN
>>
>>13554491
That could work.
If the thing about Luna and Casshern's blood mixing was there, coupled with the notion of the rumor about devouring and immortality, then I could dig it. He does take off a chunk of C's arm right?
>>
File: sombrerobot.jpg (30KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
sombrerobot.jpg
30KB, 512x384px
Speaking of MGR and Casshern ties...
>>
File: Sophita.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Sophita.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>
File: 1.jpg (76KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
76KB, 960x540px
I love this show
>>
>>13553517
>Right, in one of the pre-OP scenes Casshern asks Luna what exactly is the deal with her blood, obviously that's what evolves him. It's brief, but it's there.

Do you know in which ep?
>>
>>13562840
No, but I'll find it. I'm pretty certain it's in the teens.
>>
>>13562840
In episode 10 Luna says, "Casshern, your blood is altering me" as she "dies"

In episode 11 Casshern asks, "Luna, just what is your blood?"
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.