[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Recipe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 7

File: 1448245761055.jpg (271KB, 924x599px) Image search: [Google]
1448245761055.jpg
271KB, 924x599px
G-Tekketsu : 30% exposition about the world, 50% repeating exposition about the world that already told, 10% scenes to appease /a/ dweller, 10% "good" battle.
>>
>>13541512
>tfw they didn't even show Mikazuki's fight with the chick
>>
>>13541512
100% shitposting by the Rectard.
>>
>>13541521
The point is that they're never gonna bond with those girls. Their already taken. They're out of their game already. If Naze didn't exist the whole episode would be about them interact with each other.

But the fact is that the viewer is alienated from those women just like the orphans are. I find it to be great writing
>>
>>13541521
The simulator battle?
Why would they?
It wasn't relevant.
We don't need a token action scene in every episode.
>>
The writing team probably thinks they're doing some Turn-A / Patlabor SOL kinda shit
Main difference being that those two had vaguely engaging SOL shit

Still, I only liked Reco after episode 15 so I can wait for this to get more interesting.
>>
>>13541521
> honest opinion about a show
> rectard

I don't even bother to touch any of those bald oldman works
>>
>>13541522
>Someone doesn't like IBO, it must be the recshitters
Please, we haven't had a decent gundam show since 00
>>
>>13541554
I guess different strokes for different folks, but I'm invested in Tekkadan getting their business off the ground, making influential connections and Orga growing into his own as the leader.
Plus I'm interested where Mika and his relationship go.

I feel like most people that aren't into that yet, won't ever get into the show.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
>>13541512
You forgot a complete monster for the emo kids
>>
>>13541580
So far I'm enjoying this far more than 00 S2
>>
>>13541512
What the fuck is g-tekketsu?
It's mobile suit gundam: iron blooded orphans you retard
>>
>>13541512
I could live with that but the exposition scenes have cheaper animation than a JRPG anime cutscene
>>
>>13541512
Honestly there isn't so much straight repetition, so much as they keep bringing up the same topics, and adding a little more information each time. Yes, there's a LOT of talking, and thus far the actual mech fighting has been kind of light, but the conversations aren't THAT repetitious.
>>
>>13541553
I thought it would have been interesting to see how well Mika can pilot using conventional controls, rather than just told that he wasn't all that great.
>>
>>13541649
Sure, waste 5 minutes on it and cut the character development.

Good one, /m/.
>>
>>13541659
>stopping at 5
I would have cut at least three times that, nothing in these even numbered episodes is interesting or plot relevant in their majority.
>>
>>13541664
Spoken like a true retard.
>>
It was pretty blatant this week.

>"What do you think of Gjallarhorn?"
>goes on to explain the Earth's economic blocs and Gjallarhorn's involvement for what feels like the third or fourth time already

Seriously, we get it.
>>
>>13541659
>implying you can't have both
I'm not saying IBO is shit. I'm not even necessarily saying they were wrong to do it the way they did. I'm saying I for one think it would have been interesting to have even 30 seconds of Mika getting his ass handed to him. Or maybe him struggling and maybe pulling off one minor feat of skill before ultimately being defeated. Hell, you can even have it in the background during a conversation between say Orga and Biscuit.

I have to assume you could see that, and just jumped on the defensive after assuming the worst about what I had to say, since shitting on stuff excessively is /m/'s favorite pastime.
>>
>>13541692
Go back to Anime Suki, children's cartoons are not JRR Tolkein books
>>
>>13541649
>rather than just told that he wasn't all that great.
I was annoyed that they had to keep reiterating that the only reason he supposedly didn't do so well against her in the first place was because the Barbados wasn't fully tuned up properly.
It annoyed me even more to see guts proudly looking up at his beaten up graze whilst Mika sulks because he lost his v fin and the mechanic reassures him that it wasn't his fault
>>
>>13541694
>>goes on to explain the Earth's economic blocs and Gjallarhorn's involvement for what feels like the third or fourth time already

Well, unless I'm mistaken, the information that Gjallarhorn were the ones that ended the Calamity War and maintained an almost dictatorial control over the power blocs was new, at least in-show. I'd been operating under the impression that they were just some as-yet nebulous special forces or peacekeeping group.
>>
>>13541703

Tolkien's books are chock-full of shit you could cut out without losing anything though? Songs, poems, Tom Bombadil and so on. They add to the over all experience, but even then I'd argue that a lot of them could be cut and not lose anything worth having since they don't even bring all that much in the way or world building or anything to the end product. I'm sure someone out there enjoys those things, but I don't think I've ever met them.
>>
>>13541713
It was all explained in a literal wall of text, with a timeline of important events included whilst notchar and notgarma talk about it in that episode where they visit the farm
>>
>>13541733
I enjoy them.
>>
>>13541733
>Tolkien's books are chock-full of shit you could cut out without losing anything though?

Just like half the episodes so far.
>>
>>13541736
Which is an inadequate way to flesh out such a major part of the show's universe, I'd argue.

I know exactly what shot you're talking about, though.
>>
>>13541713
Same here.

Naze reiterated intel, but he also added a lot of new stuff.

We now have a way better understanding of why Jewhime is a danger to Gjallarhorn and it doesn't even have much to do with a potential uprising on Mars.

They see their entire hold on humanity challenged by her going behind their backs and talking to the economic blocks directly.

Gjallarhorn is like if the military branch of the UN started hoarding power and exerting influence over the member states.
>>
>>13541733
Tolkien is second to none when it comes to world building but not so great when writing a story. Really the story was just there to encapsulate the world he built
>>
>>13541741

Well nice to meet you then I guess. Glad someone out there enjoys those elements even if I don't.

>>13541746

So just like children's cartoons then?
>>
>>13541757

Yea, someone once described Tolkien as being a historian first and a storyteller second, which seems very apt to me.
>>
Once again another IBO thread where /m/ holds the show to an unreasonable standard to effect the image of the show being shitty for no reason other than the last the cabal decreed it so.

Armchair critics belong on /a/.
>>
>>13541773
Tolkien's day job was as a college professor.
>>
>>13541795
Yes, this is the only reason someone could dislike something you like.
>>
>>13541754
>Which is an inadequate way to flesh out such a major part of the show's universe, I'd argue.
Yeah, it's funny that the same thing happened with a bio of kudelia that was sitting on the Mars gallahorn commanders desk that got discussed again this episode. i kind of think they've been deliberately placed for the English speaking audience to make sure they're following because I don't suppose that will serve any purpose to the majority of Japanese viewers i think they're playing it safe after Greco although from what I've heard the Japanese also found it confusing so who knows, could just be background visuals
>>
>>13541795
>[critiques] belong on /a/

If you genuinely believe this, you're a moron.

If you're saying this as part of some misguided attempt to make people who don't hate IBO look like morons, then you're an asshole. And a moron. (Seriously, this isn't a fucking competition).
>>
>>13541821
>>13541814
You have to be blind not to see the arbitrary shift in what is and isn't considered acceptable gundam storytelling in the wake of Reconguista.

It's artificial criticism at best, people bitching about things for the sake of bitching.
>>
>>13541835
Critiquing things is good mental exercise and gives us something to talk about

"This show fucking sucks and so does everyone who likes it" is shitposting and should of course be ignored.

I think we're having a decent amount of the former in here, despite what the OP may have intended.
>>
For me it's the snails pace of the plot. Especially since it's only a 25 episode show.

I really think the production is going to be rushing at the end to get everything in.
>>
>>13541835
>artificial criticism
>>>/v/
>>
>>13541851
I'm just assuming the scale of the plot will be substantially smaller than what we've come to expect from Gundam. Maybe we don't get an all-out war. Maybe we just get a series of skirmishes and they make the focus of the plot Mika and Co.' s development as people. Who knows?

They can still make it work well within the established timeframe. It just depends on where they decide to go with it.
>>
>>13541851
Probably a little early to worry about that.

Now if we get to episode 15 and we are still in the same basic place: Then panic.
>>
>>13541851
First you give Reconguista shit for being too fast paced, and now you're giving IBO shit for being slow paced.

What the fuck do you want, /m/?
>>
>>13541886
Ancient aliens.

Everything is improved with ancient aliens. This is fact.
>>
>>13541886
I thought G-Reco was paced fine. Plus it was great overall.
>>
>>13541886
50 episode shows.
>>
Don't worry, guys. They'll be on Earth soon. R-right?
>>
>>13541773
Even Tolkien embraced that line of thinking. For instance, he was writing poems about Earendil, years before LOTR was a thing and long before Silmarillion would even start to come together.
He showed them to some friends who basically said, "that's nice, but who's Earendil?"
Tolkien's response? "I'm not sure, I'll try to find out."
Not, "I'll go make something up."
But that he'll go dig up who he was.
>>
>>13541886
A return to 50 episode storytelling. With no breaks in-between cours.

Year long series allow you to space out the action and even have breather episodes within the narrative.
>>
>>13541849
OP here

I create this thread to discuss about IBO without fear of 'fuck off rectard' that always fleshed out when somebody give their negative opinion abot the show in most of IBO thread.

Although it's already happened in >>13541322 , it seems that most of people here really want to talk about the show, not shitting each other.
>>
>>13541925
The list of shows that actually need 50 episodes is very small.
>>
>>13541925
This is probably the thing that annoys me the most about IBO.

It's obvious they are going with a pattern of action episodes, followed by effectively filler until the next action scene rolls around so they can advance the plot.

Sure, it happens in action based shows all the time, but it just feels so forced this time.
>>
>>13541946

I mean >>13541522
>>
>>13541886
Less expository dumping. It's a fucking problem when a third of each episode is dedicated to info dumping while characters just sit. I might as well go on youtube and listen to history lessons, at least I would be exposed to less pointless redundancy and more interesting history.
>>
>>13541904
>>13541925
>50 episodes

So you want even slower pacing?
>>
>>13541973
There is a difference between good pacing and flat out expository dumps.

There is a reason why you are always told to avoid large amounts of exposition whenever possible in creative writing. It gets dry really quick and will generally turn away your audience. (bar the hardcore fans)
>>
>>13541967
>>13541946
Aren't you a sensible, little flower.

Maybe IBO fags wouldn't be so on edge and more open to criticism if they could actually discuss the fucking show in peace.
Without some asshole constantly trying to derail the threads.
>>
>>13541973
I want in 25 episodes to be done with space war and the usual gundam stuff and the the next 25 episodes to be Mika and everyone else living life in their farm
>>
>>13542009
That's why I create this thread, so IBO fans can talk about what they like peacefully.
>>
File: 1447057088915.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1447057088915.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>13542054
Oh yeah I can totally see how this isn't a troll thread, anon.

Clearly you're a saint among men.
>>
>>13541580
>00
>decent
I agree
>>
>2015
>still watching Gundam
Heavy Object has so much more weight to it.
>>
>>13541580
Except Reconguista was good you fucking faggot.
>>
>>13541587
This. It's much more engaging than greco's clusterfuck of changing alliances between underdeveloped, interchangeable factions for the 78th time.
>>
>>13542115
Heavy Object was too dense for my liking
>>
>>13542192
But it's such a well rounded show!
>>
File: shot0003.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot0003.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>13542202
Heavy Object is simple fun stuff.

No more, no less.
/m/ couldn't enjoy something like that if they tried.
>>
>>13542115
>>13542192
>>13542202
Are you doing this on purpose?
Puns kill me. I'm sitting here laughing like a little faggot.
>>
>>13542233
Yes. I haven't seen any of it desu, but I couldn't stand any of RailDex, so I'm likely never going to.
I just do it for the puns.
>>
>>13541580
00 was pretty bad.
>>
>>13542177
It really wasn't.
/m/ just doesn't want to admit Ol' Baldy can't make a good Gundam anymore.
>>
>>13542280
Or, you know, it was actually great.
>>
>>13542300
No u.
>>
>>13542300
What was great about it?
>>
>>13542305
Then you agree G-Reco is great? Okay.

>>13542313
Everything except the pacing and the amount of episodes.
>>
File: 1431920648762.jpg (526KB, 3041x2141px) Image search: [Google]
1431920648762.jpg
526KB, 3041x2141px
>>13541522
They're both terrible.
>>
>>13541835
>artificial criticism
I'm gonna change that to forced criticism and start bombarding /a/ with it.
>>
>>13541659
It focused on the real main character.

Orga.
>>
>>13542322
Pacing is the lifeblood of a story. So you agree g-rekt is shit? Okay.
>>
>>13541711
It annoyed me that no one pointed out Guts did very well against two pilots (taking as much or less damage) and everyone just sucked Mika's cock
>>
>>13541851
It's like there aren't enough ideas to fill out a 25 episode show so just get 1-2 major points and then have to fill it up with crap
>>
>>13541754
>flesh out
It didn't though. We got a little bit more information on top of everything we already know and they went into no extra detail about it.
>>
>>13543928
Mika told him he's a good pilot though
>>
>>13541522
200% forced fanbase wars by shitposters.
>>
File: 1337565833529.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1337565833529.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
IBO is shit. Anyone who even remotely likes this show needs to seriously re-evaluate their life.
>>
>>13541736
In English. You forget that Japs can't English.
>>
>>13543981
>Japs can't English.
That's a stupid thing to say. never mind their better education system they put english on fucking everything, they can't get enough
>>
>>13543988
It's only because English is trendy and stylistic for them.

You have no idea, do you? Try going up to any random Japanese average joe. It's the same as Spanish in US schools, taught for a several semesters and mostly forgotten about (unless they go the extra mile to major/minor in it in college or make actual efforts later on in life) because they don't have enough immersion and conversation in the target language to actually make it count. It's nothing like most western European countries where most of the people actually know and speak English.
>>
DAILY SHITPOSTING THREAD
>>
>>13543949

Plus the hungry girl seemed to have fun piloting against him in the simulator and wanted to do it again, which is complimentary on it's own, if not directly so.
>>
>>13542300
You seem kinda psychotic, like you're operating within multiple disconnected realities or something. It was great except the number of episodes and the pacing? Can something be great with even those problems that you admitted? Why don't you just call it average and not bother to defend it so adamantly?
>>
>>13544047
>continued
Because it's seriously no wonder that you got the kind of response that you did when you yourself hardly believe what you were acting like such a little bitch about.
>>
>>13544047
Because all shows on /m/ fall into one of two categories, show of the decade, or literal asswipe. Anything that does not fall into one heading immediately goes into the other.
>>
File: 1396264317639.jpg (78KB, 575x619px) Image search: [Google]
1396264317639.jpg
78KB, 575x619px
>>13541795
/m/ rule #1:
Every new mecha show (without exception but especially Gundam) must suck for at least 10 years after its first airing.

/m/ rule #2:
If in doubt of rule #1, wait an additional 10 years upon which time it is okay to openly like.
>>
>>13544092
I'm pretty sure Destiny will fail these rules.
>>
>>13544107
Nah, it fits perfectly. Liking it will just get pushed back by 10 years forever.
>>
>>13541711

The Gundam didn't automatically win the fight simply by appearing. Obviously, something went horribly wrong.
>>
>>13543928
You should probably rewatch the episode.
>>
>>13541593
at least post with a trip so people can filter you
>>
Oh boy another thread derailed by G-Rectards.
What a surprise.
>>
>>13544406
Nah, not really. It's just shitposters like you.
>>
>>13544475
Found the g rectum sniffer
>>
>>13544743
>>13544406

Why are you doing this
>>
>>13541711

> I was annoyed that they had to keep reiterating that the only reason he supposedly didn't do so well against her in the first place was because the Barbados wasn't fully tuned up properly.

It was mentioned once this episode. It was mentioned once too last episode prior to battle. This is a text book example of setting a thing up. The maintenance team have alluded to the fact they're inexperienced with and making guesses as to the repair of mobile suits all along, having only really worked on mobile workers prior to this. As such, following each battle the Barbatos has gotten in to worse and worse shape. It came to a head last episode because several systems weren't even working properly anymore due to the lack of parts and time following the previous battle.

Then our protagonist goes in to battle in an only partially repaired unit and has difficulty fighting, which leaves him dissatisfied with his relative performance regardless of excuses (i.e. the partially repaired unit he was piloting) and thus inspires him to try harder in future. Which he did this episode alongside Akihiro, by training constantly using a normal control system when given the chance.

I don't really see where the problem with it is anon. Even the single mention of it this episode was one line by the head mechanic while Mika was brooding about his poor performance, which was setting up further things in the episode.
>>
>>13545493

> It annoyed me even more to see guts proudly looking up at his beaten up graze whilst Mika sulks because he lost his v fin and the mechanic reassures him that it wasn't his fault

Yea, who knew that characters that go in to conflicts looking for different things come out of them with different outlooks. Akihiro looking to survive and to match or out-do his rival Mika is happy that he did so well regardless of how much damage he took. Mika who wants to impress Orga failed to defeat an enemy despite the fact that this is what he thinks his end of their arrangement is, to be the brawn. So he's dissatisfied that he lost regardless of why and wants to do better in future. So he goes and trains to try and ensure that he can do so. And then when given the chance he discusses it with Orga.

He doesn't give a fuck about the v-fin. The v-fin is just symbolic of the Gundam and by extension his desire to fight for Orga and his friends, since it's what enables him to do so at this time. Also, a couple of the Tekkadan kids were calling Akihiro cool during the episode both for his battle performance and for training so hard with Mika and the Teiwaz girls. He's getting his recognition there too. We just don't see as much of it since he's not as prominent a character.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.