[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what annoys me the most about /m/? People who get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: lvi6csqeWm1qi3m05o1_500.jpg (128KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
lvi6csqeWm1qi3m05o1_500.jpg
128KB, 500x363px
You know what annoys me the most about /m/?

People who get into Nagai, and then complain about his series being too trashy, when his entire appeal is being trashy.

Same people who get into Tomino because someone recommended them UC Gundam. Tomino's storytelling is not for everyone.

This mentality that everyone has to like everything has to stop. If you don't like Mazinger, don't watch it. If you don't like UC Gundam, go straight to the AU stuff.

Why do you have to torture yourself through something you don't like? You're not getting any /m/ cred by doing so.

I really don't care about Eva, and I've barely seen it. Just because it's "important" in the industry is no reason for me to watch it.

Watching giant robot cartoons is not like collecting stamps. Just watch what you like and stop following /m/ recs.
>>
I don't like Nagai-type stuff but I love Gurren Lagann
I don't like Tomino's story telling but I've seen every one of his gundam shows but somehow Overman king gainer had more coherent dialouge. I was willing to assume newtypes were simply mentally unstable and therefore retarded but 95 % of all tomino characters in gundam are retarded. Still love the franchise and designs. UC is cool when done by other people just like the AUs.

You don't have to love or hate NGE, but as an anime fan it is my opinion that you have to have an opinion on it. It is simply to important and to influential to ignore, same thing goes for 0079.
>>
>>13536687
>I don't like Nagai-type stuff but I love Gurren Lagann
I fail to see what those two have to do with each other since GL isn't like your average Nagai work anyway
>>
>>13536687
>It is simply to important and to influential to ignore
That's irrelevant to my enjoyment.

I like Tomino, and I like Nagai, but I didn't read/watch their stuff because they're influential or anything like that. I just enjoy them more than Gainax who try to appeal to everybody. I am not everybody, so I prefer something more tailored to my tastes.

Eva is the elephant in the room. I don't care about elephants.
>>
>>13536653
>You're not getting any /m/ cred by doing so.
Who gives a shit?
>This mentality that everyone has to like everything has to sto
wew lad, did you just get here from mechatalk?
>his entire appeal is being trashy.
If it appealed to people that would claim about it being trashy then obviously you're wrong about the entire "appeal"
>I really don't care about Eva
Ok, fair, but I feel like it's worth finishing.
>Just watch what you like and stop following /m/ recs.
But I do that already, senpai.
>Same people who get into Tomino because someone recommended them UC Gundam
newfags to Nagai aren't exclusively the same as newfags to Tomino.
>>13536702
>I just enjoy them more than Gainax who try to appeal to everybody
But that's wrong.
>Eva is the elephant in the room. I don't care about elephants.
Bravo. Is that what influenced you to make this stupid thread then? To tell /m/, a place without any cred, that you don't care about elephants?
>>
>>13536724
You feel that Eva is worth finishing. I could tell you that the original Tetsujin 28th series from the 60s is also worth finishing, because you know, it's influential, but then, I would feel stupid, because popularity and how influential something is should never be the deciding factor.

Yet, people on /m/ are bloody retards who can't figure this out.
>>
We should be like /a/ where people watch whatever they want.
>>
>>13536776
Fuck that, /m/ should be MORE elitist
>>
>>13536766
>because you know, it's influential,
I didn't say why I felt that NGE is worth finishing.
I genuinely liked it, and I think there's a fair chance that you, and many other people might as well.

I also feel like EoTV is a better conclusion than EoE, but that doesn't mean everyone will or should agree with me.

If you said that I should watch Tetsujin or Vifam because you liked them and want more people to see them as well, then I'd appreciate that, and you wouldn't need to feel stupid.
>>
>>13536776
We are, but there's faggots like OP who care too much about what other people think
>>
>>13536653
>People who get into Nagai, and then complain about his series being too trashy, when his entire appeal is being trashy.
Oh, it's THIS retard

sage
>>
>>13536787
>I think there's a fair chance
Not a chance. I already gave it a try and couldn't get through the early episodes.

My favourite Nagai things are New Getter Robo, Mazinkaiser SKL, Violence Jack.

For Tomino, I greatly enjoyed Xabungle, L-Gaim and ZZ Gundam.

I generally dislike preachy stuff. I like themeless shows. They just help me relax better.

Oh, and I adore MD Geist. Many people say it's bad, but I don't care. I fucking love it.
>>
>>13536812
Now this is an /m/ opinion
>>
>>13536812
>Not a chance
Fair nuff. IF you ever try again, Dominos pizza and a blanket during cold winter months make it a cozier experience.
>>13536812
>I generally dislike preachy stuff. I like themeless shows. They just help me relax better.
That's neat, but seriously did it warrant a thread?
>I adore MD Geist
So does a lot of /m/

Really where did you come from, Tvtropes?
>>
>>13536653
>People who get into Nagai, and then complain about his series being too trashy, when his entire appeal is being trashy.

Is it?
>>
>>13536834
>That's neat, but seriously did it warrant a thread?
My opinion is not the focus.

I'm tired of seeing people watching things they don't like and then complain.

>>13536853
>when his entire appeal is being trashy.
>>
>>13536653

>implying you have any m-cred
>>
>>13536854
>I'm tired of seeing people watching things they don't like and then complain.
>>13536653
>I really don't care about Eva, and I've barely seen it. Just because it's "important" in the industry is no reason for me to watch it.

That sounds like a complaint senpaitachi
>>
>>13536876
I'm complaining about who complain too much.

It's a fair complaint.
>>
>>13536882
And now I will complain about how you complain about people who complain. Look at what that accomplished.
Fucking nothing.
>>
>>13536894
But your complaint is not relevant
>>
>>13536894

I thought the whole point of 4chan was to complain about things because we don't have anything better to do with our lives.
>>
>>13536916
Oroka de iinodarou
>>
>>13536912
And neither is OPs.

>>13536916
Lurk more, newfag.
>>
>>13536875
This. Kind of hard to have cred as an anon
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.