[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Gundam seed ripped off this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

Reminder that Gundam seed ripped off this
>>
>>13536466
Reminder that dragonar is not as good as its OP makes it out to be.
>>
File: Gan-dolla.jpg (46KB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
Gan-dolla.jpg
46KB, 350x257px
>not as good as it's op
>implying this isn't as good as it
>>
>>13536497
Obvious lazy ass writer went into the future to steal mobile suit motorcycle ideas from victory gundam
Cant get any lower than that.
>>
>>13536466
>Reminder that Gundam seed ripped off this

In what way did Seed rip off that?
>>
File: GAT-04_-_Windam_-_Front_View.jpg (76KB, 340x642px) Image search: [Google]
GAT-04_-_Windam_-_Front_View.jpg
76KB, 340x642px
hey is that a windam?
>>
>>13536584
Course not, it has eyes instead of a visor. It's an Astray.
>>
File: Dragonar1.jpg (28KB, 376x274px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonar1.jpg
28KB, 376x274px
>>13536551
Aile Strike.

Didn't Fukuda work on Dragonar as well? Like as a planner or some shit?

Also, Fukuda reused a bunch of shit from Cyber Formula for SEED.
>>
>>13536466
but dragonar was literally a gundam show
>>
At least someone remembered Dragonar existed.
>>
>>13536841
Nah don't think so, but I know okawara did the mech designs on both
>>
>>13536841
>>13537148

Mitsuo Fukuda's Metal Armor Dragonar Credits:

Storyboard, Episode Director

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7787
>>
>>13536466
I should sub th-
>>
>>13536841
Dragonar and Dendoh have the same symbol on their chest.
>>
>>13536466
So has anyone actually watched this? All I remember are the SRW units and the guy who subbed like 3 episodes years ago. There were good episodes. Has that changed?
>>
File: fam-rv-s1fam-sp-1v.jpg (16KB, 400x328px) Image search: [Google]
fam-rv-s1fam-sp-1v.jpg
16KB, 400x328px
>>13536841
>Aile Strike.

But Dragonar ripped off those lifter wings from from Vifam.
>>
>>13537532
TOBIKAGEEEEEE
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>13537618

Yes, I watched the whole series raw as it aired. It was the first AU Gundam show, before such a thing actually existed. It was pretty "meh." A very, very, very standard real robot show. Some episodes were pretty good (the episodes focusing on fights against Gun Jem's team were pretty cool) but some were just so-so. Overall, the show's opening is its most memorable part.

Just like Thundercats.
>>
↑←↑
>>
File: dragonar.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dragonar.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>In some crazy parallel universe Dragonar successfully dethroned gundam
>>
File: 1301496659142.png (248KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1301496659142.png
248KB, 640x480px
>>13537618
Ironically, in relation to the OP at least, Dragonar is probably the biggest example of why a series shouldn't try to take change the focus of who's going to be the main character in the middle of a series

I fucking love this series, but I'll say that the ending isn't as strong as it could be because it stops focusing on the main characters, and Meio and his gang instead, so most of the time, they don't really do much of anything. Meio only has one other character with him is that is of any interest

None of the Dragonars have a significant fight in their return to space, and Meio's spend like 5-6 episodes chasing some asshole across a fortress, and he gets away almost every time too. It's kind of ridiculous.
>>13537699
According to the Japanese, yeah, they took them directly from Vifam. Also the series was took some influence from Top Gun.

Also, the Gilgazamune was based on the NHK Taiga Drama series "Dokuganryū Masamune". That's why the last boss of the series is suddenly a huge samurai metal armor
>>
I won't lose hope for this series getting proper subs eventually. It keeps getting mentioned from time to time after all.
>>
So what's the list of Sunrise Official bootleg Gundams look like right now?

We've got Dragonar and Valvrave so far, am I missing something else?
>>
>>13536492
Bitch, the first 13 episodes proves you wrong.
>>
>>13537807
The current subs aren't even that bad, aside from some name changes
>>
>>13537857
Lots of stock footage isn't that great.
>>
>>13537833
>So what's the list of Sunrise Official bootleg Gundams look like right now?
>We've got Dragonar and Valvrave so far, am I missing something else?

I wouldn't call Valvrave very Gundam-like.
>>
>>13537970
Valvrave is everything-like.
>>
Never watched Dragonar but the units are pretty cool in ACE
>>
>>13538299

I thought it was pretty distinctive.
>>
>>13538372
So are a lot of gendum AUs.

Valvrave is the gendum AU with all the crazy bullshit that is too outrageous to use the Gundam brand for.
>>
>>13537618
I terms of its place in the Gundam franchise I would place it somewhere in the middle. Ahead of shows like Victory, ZZ, Age, Seed/Destiny, and 00 S2.
>>
>>13537618
Yeah. It's nothing absolutely amazing, but there's enough good shit that it's not thoroughly mediocre either. It's solid.
>>
>>13537618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ce1D50QIrE
EIEN NO COSMIC LOVE
>>
1979: Gundam 0079
1987: Dragonar, remake of Gundam 0079
2002: Gundam SEED, remake of Dragonar
2013: Valvrave, remake of Gundam SEED

What would the 2020's remake of Valvrave be like?
>>
>>13538552
>2013: Valvrave, remake of Gundam SEED
What
>>
>>13538570
/m/ talking about Valvrave is one of the silliest things on the internet, it's like watching kittens fight over yarn.
>>
>>13538570
The punchline that OP has been angling for all this time.
>>
>>13537769
>>13538451
>>13538466
>>13538530
So uh...it HAS been subbed properly now? That would be great news!
>>
>>13539261
No, people have been putting up with the HKs to the point of it being second nature to them. Starseeker still hasn't gone very far with it, since she procrastinates by focusing on Gyrozetter instead (plus, she doesn't really care about Dragonar very much).

As for the guy working on the Italian dub? No clue.
>>
>>13539283
Oh shit, someone's finishing Gyrozetter! That brighten things up.

Oh well for Dragonar though. The only show I swallowed HKs for are Dendoh and that was mixed bag because of it.
>>
>>13537769
>That's why the last boss of the series is suddenly a huge samurai metal armor

Ah, the Netherlands guy?
>>
>>13539308
Yes and no. There are three Gilgazamunes in that show. That one is the first, piloted by Gon Jem, and was ridiculously buggy - it drove its pilot insane. The second one was piloted by some guy I can't remember the name of but was the one that all SRWs use as their MP version's coloration, it was "fixed" in that you could now use it for five minutes at a time without going insane. Then there was the guy who took over Giganos later in the show's one, and it was fully fixed as far as we know. That one was the final boss, it got killed by Meio and Kain working together in a move every SRW with Dragonar has had.

So yes, the body of the mech is the same. No, it's not the same guy, nor is the mech the same color.
>>
File: ygma-14-hydelnecken.jpg (50KB, 219x310px) Image search: [Google]
ygma-14-hydelnecken.jpg
50KB, 219x310px
>>13543067

The Gilgazamune was ridiculous. It was so utterly off from the aesthetic of every other Metal Armor in the show. It was just, like "ooga booga I'm a boss monster!" So tone deaf.
>>
>>13543118
Wasn't Gon Jem's first machine sort of similar to it, though?

And it's awesome enough to work even though it fits nothing else, so it's fine.
>>
>>13543067
>>13539308
Gun Jym is the Neatherland's guy https://youtu.be/hkg8XDJqVPU?t=1213

He isn't the actual last boss of the series, but he's the "actual last boss" of the series.
>>13543184
This was the 80s, so everyone was going Mad Max on us. For some reason, everyone was in love with Hollywood in the 80s

I'm honestly surprised Eddie Murphy didn't just start appearing in shows.
>>
Remember that episode Kaine went to the mountains to train with a sword master?
>>
>>13543263
In SRW MX, he trained with George De Sand.
>>
>>13543263
Don't forget that episode Kaine went to go talk to Meio with the Giganos Ninja Force.

In MX, Kaine went with Domon and Vega
>>
>>13543263
Remember Chekov?

Chekov was cool, I liked him. Even if he was Giganos he was a total bro about everything. Shame he died so soon after he was introduced.
>>
>>13543067

>The second one was piloted by some guy I can't remember the name of

His name is Hydelnecken.
>>
File: yama-13.jpg (51KB, 400x322px) Image search: [Google]
yama-13.jpg
51KB, 400x322px
>>13543184
>Wasn't Gon Jem's first machine sort of similar to it, though?

The Geyzam? Meh. Not very.
>>
What impressed me about this show was when the Dragonar trio got BTFO by Gon Jym's squad. It really highlighted the hubris the main guys had and how teamwork was a must
>>
>>13537769
I know Dragonar was meant to be Sunrise's attempt to make a new Gundam level IP, and the stuff with Meio sounds like they thought they could make their show better by putting the Char type at the forefront this time.
>>
>>13544955
That episode where Gun Jem's squad just beats the fucking shit out of the good guys and steals their waifu was a seriously good one. Most of that arc was pretty good, overall.
>>
>>13545012
Meio and the Practice Squad were cool as fuck

>>13545030
I also liked the fact D-3 used electronic warfare. We don't see mecha units support each other as much as they should.
>>
>>13545030
>>13545059
Takeyuki Kanda was too good (at least, some of the time) a director for this sinful world. He knew his way around the genre.
>>
File: D3 fucks shit up.gif (3MB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
D3 fucks shit up.gif
3MB, 300x234px
>>13545059
>I also liked the fact D-3 used electronic warfare.

Watching missiles come at it, and then having D3 just NOPE the fuck out of them, was always a treat.

You know what else was fucking great about Dragonar? The Dragoons. First, they look fucking awesome, second they're an attempt to combine all three Dragonars that actually looks like an attempt to combine all three Dragonars, which is great, and third, while some series say "oh, this MP mech helped out so much in X battle", it's a very small number that had scenes like the "Dragoons fucking murdering everything and reclaiming all the lost territory" ones Dragonar did.

>>13545095
Yeah.
>>
>>13545030
It's kind of surprising how much damage the Dragonars take over the series.
Lord knows they wouldn't pull any of that shit today

On a random note, none of the Dragonars are actually involved in the "Triple Attack of Terror", it's two Dragoons and a Gan-Dolla
>>
>>13545220
80's Japanese kids had more manly shit to watch than today's faggy landscape. I watched SEED when it originally aired and even as a 10 year old, I knew it was shit.

Wing was bad, but their Gundams got owned in battle. I'd gladly take Wing over SEED any day.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.