[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> That feel when no LoGH-style Infinite Space anime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: Infinite_Space_Cover.jpg (32KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_Space_Cover.jpg
32KB, 256x230px
> That feel when no LoGH-style Infinite Space anime.
>>
>>13532451
If there were it would have looked something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_VwQqM-3l8 [Embed]

...Although watching that now; poor choice in ships Yuri. I mean, an Askold class? Really? You have no excuse not to be riding a battleship by now.
>>
Infinite Space was probably the most disappointment I've ever experienced with a new game. "Holy crap, a Sega science fiction RPG where you design and staff your own fleet to fight in space? Sign me up!... Oh, god, it's rock paper scissors..."
>>
>>13532600
It wasn't really rock paper scissors, it had a bit more complexity and you always knew exactly what option to pick. It was a bit borked. It was pitifully easy to just leave dodge on, wait till your opponent fired and then get a guaranteed barrage before putting dodge up, since getting crit by a normal attack was peanuts compared to eating a barrage. And then there were fighters, which vastly outpaced anything else in damage and completely locked down your opponent. And AA guns and ship specific special attacks were utterly useless.

It could have used a bit of polish.

But that said I still enjoyed it a lot. Though I had a walkthrough handy at all times because I was damned if I was going to miss everything and stumble about for hours looking for the right event flag to procede.

Besides, IMO the gameplay/customisation still managed to be satisfying. If you want to talk about disappointing try the platform it ended up on.
>>
You play it for the story and characters, not the combat system.

Ship interior tetris was just a fun bonus.
>>
>>13534201
No I watch anime and other shows for the story and characters, I play games for the gameplay. If they can have a good story and good characters too then that's a bonus.
>>
File: mini nia.jpg (15KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
mini nia.jpg
15KB, 400x224px
>>13532657
Fighter/mobile weapon spam ftw
>>
What's a Kira?
>>
>>13532600
>>13532657
This one has been on my wishlist for a very long time but the price for it is insane. If it isn't that good maybe I should cross it down then?
>>
>>13534236
Go back to Mario.
>>
File: 1425097087408.jpg (385KB, 1007x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1425097087408.jpg
385KB, 1007x1462px
>>13535102
You could always just get it used.

I don't know, I'm glad I played it, and I ended up getting quite swayed by the events of the story, especially during the big climax. But there's a lot to do and a lot to miss. I was playing with a walkthrough handy to make the experience as painless as possible.
>>
Best VN story on the DS with Lux Pain.
>>
>>13534236

This. Especially because there is an Infinite Space anime. Is it good though?
>>
>>13535183
>Lux Pain
Isn't that the one that got a butchered translation?
>>
>>13532451
logh was pretty bland visually though
>>
>>13535227
>there is an Infinite Space anime
There isn't, it was a series of promotional shorts.
>>
File: szBpE.jpg (291KB, 1277x1920px) Image search: [Google]
szBpE.jpg
291KB, 1277x1920px
>>
File: df4Fz.jpg (309KB, 1280x1902px) Image search: [Google]
df4Fz.jpg
309KB, 1280x1902px
>>
File: 1442504452896.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1442504452896.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>that combat system
>that story
>the fucking second half

Granted, last boss was fucking bullshit, but man. I loved Infinite Space.
>>
>>13536253
>>13536255

these ones actually look better as low poly game models
>>
>>13536261
I think you forgot
>That whole segment leading up to Infinity Route
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_QaKgH3f-0
>>
>>13535162
>>13535102
The game's strong suit is its quasi-visual novel feel. You don't get a large number of major choices like most VNs, but you get to see a bunch of extra scenes and recruit new characters from around the galaxy if you so feel like doing so. The story itself is going to depend on your preference, but it's twisty enough to keep itself fresh.

The combat element is so-so but is pretty engaging once you're in a fight, and simple enough to make minor encounters move quickly yet has enough complexity to make major encounters feel tense.

...until the middle of the game when you realize you just need fighter superiority to win. You'll also quickly start skipping all the "READY CANNONS, FIRE!" type battle scenes to just get on with it.
>>
>>13536253
I really wish this book had been properly scanned.
>>
>>13535102
DS emulators are a thing
>>
>>13536347
The 3D models screw with the graphics sometimes. If you're using no$zoomer, you have to swap renderers in order to get the blocks for ship components to even show up. Depending on what planet you're docked at, this will also cause the station to clip into the ship edit screen if it's big and blocky enough, which makes editing layouts all but impossible. Plus if you let the battle sequences play out, occasionally the game will just freeze at the end of them.

It's still playable on an emulator, but it gets obnoxious at times.
>>
File: AdmiralBonusList.jpg (162KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
AdmiralBonusList.jpg
162KB, 800x600px
If you like infinite space, you owe yourself to try out Daiteikoku. There is a translation out for the main campaign, and visual novel reader keeps getting better, so you can basically understand what is going on in the untranslated parts. The gameplay is more about configuring resources so you one shot everyone, but honestly it is more fun than infinite space. I wish they took on IS system where crew is used for stats, but there are lots of unique admirals to keep it interesting. Every chapter has a gimmick to force you to play around with your ships, and there are several paths and endings that encourage replay. The story is also very good, and its funny seeing writing from a pro AXIS standpoint that would never be allowed in a non japanese setting.
>>
>>13536377
Is that the one where one of the enemy leaders is a space Rance or am I thinking of a different space VN game?
>>
>>13535237
Yes sadly.
Also let met rectify that. Infinite Space has the best story of all DS games. Most people would say Radiant Historia but I didn't find it that spectacular. And I think Stocke suffers from OG1 Kyosuke syndrome of figuring out plot points beforehand but not particularly doing anything anyway.
>>
>>13536377
Sounds pretty cool. How do you get into it, exactly?
>>
>>13532451
I would only watch it if they rewrote the plot.
>>
>>13534236
I just DL'ed a rom.
>>
>>13532552
Was that blue haired girl doing Gunkata with an AK?
>>
>>13536652
>>13536883
http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Daiteikoku
Yeah space rance is a cameo. Its a spiritual sequel to big bang age and sengoku rance. Alicesoft is the company. The reviews in japan were pretty bad, but I love it. I think what really sold me was when Franklin Roosevelt was making fun of the space japs for having small dicks, and they said, at least their dicks work. It was a pun on that Frankloose had polio and it made him impotent. There are just lots of weird references and historical WW2 jokes that really add to the experience.
>>
>>13538185
I guess? Nia was pretty good at hand to hand combat, if I recall, and she did have a gun special that could wipe out scores of dudes. Call it attention to detail.

Man, now that I remember it the hand to hand combat really sucked.
>>
>>13536253
>>13536255
It irks me that some of the better looking ships were either unplayable (causing errors if you tried to even use them in battle) or inferior to uglier ships. I really do wish there was some sort of upgrade system to directly upgrade the hulls to rival some endgame ships, so we can fight in style and firepower.
>>
>>13540187
It sucked bad. Help was a godsend for that though. She kicked ass.
>>
File: V028_00.png (16KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
V028_00.png
16KB, 256x192px
did YOU get the Garner twins and HELP /m/?
>>
File: infinitespace_ships.jpg (137KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
infinitespace_ships.jpg
137KB, 800x480px
>>13545232
Yes. I found it grating to have idols on my spaceship, but dat gauge boost..

>>13540322
>causing errors if you tried to even use them in battle
Eh? Never encountered this.

>I really do wish there was some sort of upgrade system to directly upgrade the hulls to rival some endgame ships, so we can fight in style and firepower.
There sort of is. Modules provide a substantial boost, and keeping up to date on them allows older ships to remain somewhat competitive. SMC ships have vastly inferior HP, but since firepower is largely dependant on weapon slot size (which remains constant) an older battleship can be a decent glass cannon gunship (my venerable Borodino served as such for much of the second half).The game is also forgiving enough that you can use most LMC ships alright unless you use really stupid combinations.

Although in any case someof the game's best ships were also good looking. Like the Belenus, which kicks mucho ass.

Incidentally, the ships in those screenshots are all from that country who's ships are designed with aesthetics in mind but performance wise are mediocre, but intended to be heavily customizable. So yeah, any of those ships is perfectly usable right to the end.
>>
File: 1437019186023.jpg (23KB, 240x251px) Image search: [Google]
1437019186023.jpg
23KB, 240x251px
>>13535158
>Mario
>good gameplay
>>
>>13540378
>Help
Why couldn't Help have been a romanceable heroine?
>>
>>13545954
Literally the perfect platformer. It's easy enough for anyone to learn but difficult enough that casual players won't get past half the game. And it's always popular. Do you know anyone who, if you said platformer, thinks of anything but Mario?
>>
>>13545894
I'm talking about the ships you can get via cheats like AR codes (beat the game and wanted to see what ships I was missing out on).

A number of them do not even have module slots or equippable weapon slots. You could use the rare few that have fixed weapon slots like the Pirate Corsair, but many of the AR code ships you could get were more or less just dummy models only usable by the AI in their respective mission as an enemy ship and didn't have their own weapons and module customization.
>>
>>13545954
I see you're one of those "only obscure stuff has good gameplay" guys.
>>
>>13532451
Is it walkthrough intensive game?
>>
>>13546910
>Hacked content doesn't work

I can't actually think of many ships like that, and none that I'd care to have myself. It's mostly gimmicky miscellaneous class ships, chaff from the beginning of the game, pallet swaps of player ships and a few bosses, which included stationary space stations and xboxhueg Lugovalian things (nowhere near as nice looking as their smaller ships) whose icons didn't even fit in the window.

>>13548214
>>13535162
One of the pictures on this chart is a google search for 'Infinite Space Missables Guide'. So yeah.

It's how I'd play, and it's really how I'd recommend playing it. Quite aside from the many, many missables, you might also wander around for ages looking for the next event flag at times. Plus a lot of vital ship data isn't shown in game, so that handy ship database PDF is super useful. Playing with a walkthrough is a streamlined experience.

That said, I advise against jumping through the hoops to recruit Katida , purely because of how much more raw it makes the climax of the game.
>>
>>13536324
How about just watching a Lets Play? Are there some of those?
>>
>>13535102
>>but the price for it is insane

Now I really regret not picking this up when I had the chance.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.