[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 37

Is Fallout /m/ enough to be talked about here?

What would you want to see in a Fallout anime/animated/manga/comic book series?
>>
/m/ is only for unpopular stuff. Come back in 3 months.
>>
File: Gary.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gary.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>>13529985
Gary?!
>>
We maxed out a thread a few days ago. I'm not sure what's left to say.
>>
> Try to walk forwards
> My finger is off by one key
> Pop out of my armor

I hate that.
>>
The war, for one. With all the wierd science shit both sides started pulling out.

>>13530025

you can remap your keys you know.
>>
Should I get this now? I'm still working on my backlog and everybody knows Bethesda games are hot garbage out of the box right up until modders unleash the giant shitting dicknipple mods.
>>
>>13530553
Don't bother with FO4. It's a terrible RPG.
>>
>>13530553
It has a lot of problems ranging everywhere from the entirety of the game's dialogue being conveyed through the word 'sarcastic' to Dogmeat appearing to be some kind of dimensional wanderer fazing out of space-time every half hour or so, but I've had fun with it.

I don't know if I'd buy it though.
>>
>>13530563
I think I saw a mod that fixes the dialog thing
>>
>>13529985
>Is Fallout /m/ enough to be talked about here?
Metroid is, so Fallout should be fine.
>>
>>13530890
It fixes the awful paraphrasing but obviously it doesn't fix the bigger issue of the dialogue itself.
>>
>>13530453
>The war, for one. With all the wierd science shit both sides started pulling out.
From what we can tell from the Fallout Bible, it was basically the Korean War with power armor in the last 10 minutes. Which Operation Anchorage was pretty faithful to. Wacky tech didn't really happen outside of Mister Gutsys and Sentry Bots.
>>
>>13532125
The develop small cold fusion power sources for power armor, beacuse no oil. Allowing them to have power armor troops run around with heavy weapons.

So why didn't they just refit the military ground vehicles with fusion cores and electric motors?
>>
>>13529985
>Manga
Gritty survival, gore, rape, and other things, but with the over tone being the survivor killing, whoring, charming, and fighting his way to the end. Much like the FM:No Dog No Life manga.

>Comic
Depending on the group behind it; probably a focus on the Synth/BoS/NCR/Roman Legion factions rather than a Vault survivor. Flesh them out more.

>Anime
Unless they get gritty with it (basically, more like 90s anime where sex and violence were played straight rather than for titillation), I don't think this will work out at all. But the life of a wasteland survivor (not a Vault dweller) or cavavan group dealing with Mutants, Raiders, traitors, and so forth would be interesting.

>CG animation like Halo Legends or anime-like western takes like X-Men or Mass Effect
Definitely a character from the BoS or an independent power armor protag. Maybe one who leads an army of reprogrammed RobCo bots while trying to establish law and order.
>>
>>13530558
I'd love to hear what you consider to be a good RPG then.
>>13530553
Honestly it's not that buggy, the worst things that happened to me were some camera bugs.
>>13530563
The dialogue system isn't really that different from how it was before honestly. The way you select lines is, but if you think about it, you usually only had around four or MAYBE five options to begin with. And half the time the options were inconsequential minus a couple.
People are mostly off put by the fact that there's voice acting.

I'd say pick it up. It's the most colorful fallout game yet, there's a shit ton to keep you occupied, the gunplay went from lackluster to excellent, and the power armor is a lot of fun. It's a great game with some funny Bethsoft quirks and minor bugs but honestly i never gave a shit, so long as the game is mostly functional and entertaining.
>>
>>13529985
we have quite a few threads on it

besides, power armor alone is justification, and most of the games have plenty of low-key /m/ stuff that would allow it to be here
>>
A nice Bethesda game. A shit Fallout game. That is all there is to be said about Fallout 4.

Here's hoping Todd Howard gets hit by a stray meteorite or something and we'll never have to suffer his shit directing crimes again.
>>
>>13532217
2 much focus on powered armor, 2 little time before they got nuked.
>>
File: T51series_greentorso.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
T51series_greentorso.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13530553
It's incredibly divisive, but I've found it's incredibly enjoyable, certainly has the best mechanics of all the 3D fallout games.

I'd say pirate it, then make your own decision. If it's anything like any other Fallout game (in this regard it is) you'll find plenty of excuses to re-install/restart/etc

some people report game breaking bugs, like, can't go five minutes past the character creation, while others report not seeing any bugs at all. It's unfortunately just a console port

The game looks great, but some report a bumpmap glitch, where they'll /return/ to an area and the textures will be ass.

The limited dialogue is frustrating to say the least

I'm greatly enjoying it. They're heavily focused on exploring and side questing this time, but the story eventually comes around and struts its stuff, becomes really interesting
>>
>>13532305
If it's a nice Bethesda game, doesn't that mean the only thing left between it now and it being a good fallout game is modders doing mod things?
>>
>>13532217
>So why didn't they just refit the military ground vehicles with fusion cores and electric motors?

They did. Cars and trucks in Fallout are nuclear powered with Gas stations selling coolant for the nuclear engines instead of gas.

Though why they still needed oil after that is kind of confusing.
>>
Is there a way to get a gat laser without joining the brotherhood? I'd love to have one but I don't really want to kill the next Paladin I see with one.
>>
>>13532425

piss off a deathclaw or something and lead it to some paladins and let nature run it's course?
>>
So here's my thing on FO4 - I love it. I find the world to be interesting, the mechanics feel good, and the characters for the most part have all been likeable.

But I have completed the main quest and now I just don't know what the fuck to do. In New Vegas, the main quest is long, lengthy, and easily forgotten since you end up with tons of side quests weighing you down.

I'm now probably ~30 hours into FO4 and I don't know what to do. I am just exploring around with Danse trying to get his affinity up, but my choices are either infinite fetch/killraider quests, or just wander around killing shit. Seems like the content is so sparce, and honestly the main quest didn't last very long at all.

DLC when
>>
>>13532332
>Though why they still needed oil after that is kind of confusing.

Only a small part of crude oil is used to make fuel. The rest is used to make plastics, jellies, and other vital material.
>>
>>13530553
The game is so buggy and broken that Bethesda is worried that fixing the game could completely ruin it. Just wait for a few months. http://www.wired.com/2015/11/fallout-4-bugs/
>>
>>13532559

You probably finished the main quest too quickly as it locks you out of two factions that have sidequests as well.

But yeah FO3's main story was short too, and it needed the DLCs to beef it up.

NV was done by a different group, hence why it feels alot different.
>>
>>13532885
Well to be fair, I think 30 hours is a pretty deep way in to complete the main quest. I just couldn't stand any of the other factions except Brotherhood and even then I'm stretching it

I don't mind being forced to explore, but I kinda feel like they blew their whole load on the story and when you are done with that, you lose drive. I Just don't have a drive to finish it even though I'd LOVE to get into the world and characters more.
>>
I thought up a premise for a Fallout anime a long time ago; It's basically Fallout 2 adapted in the same tone as Slayers, following a Chosen One with high Speech and CHR, but is unlucky when they use any sort of firearm.

It was an awesome idea when I was 13, and I still would totally watch it.
>>
>>13532885
FO4 MC actually feels closer to NV than 3. Since it starts on a straight path then diverges into which faction you want to throw your lot in with.
>>
A lot of people seem to hate the railroad. What are the reasons for that?
>>
>>13533012
Muh synth rights.
They don't have any plans for the Commonwealth aside from killing people who want to oppress/kill synths,
>>
>>13532977
Well in NV you could also control the mohave and tell everyone to either fuck off or work for you.
>>
>>13533021
Pretty much everyone in F4 is an asshole except the Minutemen.
>>
>>13533154
It's hard to be assholes when the only named characters of importance in the minutemen are the mc's companion and an old woman whose only role is to point you towards a weapon stash.
>>
>>13533171

And the tech guy. Don't forget him.
>>
>>13533214
Haven't met him yet. How do I meet him?
>>
File: luccafaces_luccaluvr.jpg (77KB, 975x1012px) Image search: [Google]
luccafaces_luccaluvr.jpg
77KB, 975x1012px
>>13533214
Sturges?

I'd like him more if his name was Lucca. And he was female.
>>
>>13533012

They only care about synths and show disregard to for their fellow humans. All their actions are entirely about for the good or bad of synths and nothing more.

They have no real plans for anything besides "Free the synths" and this is despite several of the synths they've helped turning out to become dangerous raiders and killing lots of folk.
>>
>>13532425

Legendary's drop them.
>>
File: 10.jpg (197KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
197KB, 1920x1279px
>>
Anyone else notice there's cats in this game, despite House saying they were extinct?
>>
>>13533975
Cats are dicks.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the war and everything else was their fault.
>>
>>13533975
Maybe they're only extinct on the West Coast.
>>
File: 11.jpg (227KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
227KB, 1920x1279px
>>
>>13533975
House really doesn't get out much.
>>
>>13534039
He's rich. He has people to do that for him.
>>
>>13534057
And robots.
Specially the robots.
>>
>>13533268
So they're like PETA for toasters?
>>
>>13533975

They're not extinct, a tribe just used them for food.
>>
File: yes2.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
yes2.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>13529985
>the look and sound of the lasers in FO4
>>
Atom Cats>BoS>Institute>Minuteman>Railroad
>>
>>13534574
PETA kills more animals than they save so, no.
They are just sjw faggots
>>
>>13532258
>I'd love to hear what you consider to be a good RPG then.
The original two Fallouts, Planescape: Torment and various TTRPGs (Mekton Zeta is a pretty great /m/ TTRPG)
To keep it /m/ I 'll just compare the first two fallout games to fallout 4.

>Character
SPECIAL is in all of them but for whatever reason Fallout 4 doesn't have skills, instead everything is either determined by SPECIAL or perks. No traits in Fallout 4 either.

>Dialouge
Fallout 1 and 2 would actually change what dialouge options you had depending on your INT, low INT run was both challenging and amusing. Fallout 4 has nothing like this. The original 2 also had far more varieddialouge options and you could solve a lot of problems in the game by talking through them and you could even convince the Master that his plan is doomed to fail. Fallout 4 only gives you a amximum of four vague options like "HATE NEWSPAPERS" and "SARCASTIC"

>Combat
The only thing Fallout 4 has over the older games. There are better shooters.

>Difficulty
Fallout 1&2 were reasonably challenging with dangerous enemies and actual consequences regarding radiation. Fallout 4 thinks that the only way to make something challenging is to make all the enemies bulletsponges and radiation is just another form of damage at this point.

Fallout 4 is a terrible RPG and Bethesda are terrible developers.
>>
>>13535217
They need to let Obsidian make another fallout.
>>
>>13535363
Not without Avellone. He was the one behind most of the good writing in NV.
>>
>>13535380
It still has the people that know what makes a good fallout game.
>>
>>13535217
Fallout 4 is a better Fallout than 3
>>
>>13535843
You've set the bar pretty low man
>>
>>13534011
Oh the quest where that robot is captain of a flying ship was funny. You receive his captain hat.
>>
>>13536060
I liked when he points out he can't actually fit below decks into his cabin.
>>
>>13534574
PETA claims they're saving animals but just kill them, so no.

The Railroad is all about killing humans to save synths so more like Greenpeace.
>>
Any excitement I had for Fallout 4 died in the announcement trailer the moment the main character started talking. In previous Fallouts, I would roleplay tons of different characters with different personalities and the illusion held solid because it was all in text. With voice acting, tons of roleplaying options just die. No matter what character you make, it's going to have the same voice as all your others and your creative freedom is smothered.

Even when they moved to 3D, I was able to make and maintain lots of varied characters because they never talked. One of my funnest playthroughs involved me playing as notRoah from notFist of the North Star in New Vegas, and it held strong because I never had to look at my notRoah after the character creation screen. Just thinking about trying that again in Fallout 4 makes me feel like the game would be activly trying to break my immersion.

I'm really into the roleplaying aspect of Role Playing Games, and Fallout 4 seems to be leaning towards 'everyone plays a variation of our main guy/gal' rather than 'blank slate for you to mold'. But that's just me. If you can reassure me, that'd be great 'cause I really do love Fallout and want to be excited for this iteration.
>>
File: PAFrame01_d.jpg (519KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PAFrame01_d.jpg
519KB, 1024x1024px
my god what have I done
>>
>>13530553
Get it on sale in a year for $20 or less when there's actually mods to fix all the shit wrong with it
Like every Bethseda game
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-22 16-34-22-04.jpg (734KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-22 16-34-22-04.jpg
734KB, 1920x1080px
>>13536683
>>
>>13536683
retexturing some armor?
>>
>>13532327
>The game looks great, but some report a bumpmap glitch, where they'll /return/ to an area and the textures will be ass.

It's not a bump map glitch, just the LOD which is getting wrecked sometimes for reasons and can't understand the player is close enough to get to a higher level.
>>
File: katokid.jpg (67KB, 375x575px) Image search: [Google]
katokid.jpg
67KB, 375x575px
>>13536683
>>13536722
Can't wait for the long legs mod.
>>
>>13535380
>Not without Avellone. He was the one behind most of the good writing in NV.

He was behind some of the good writing in Dead Money.

He also happened to be behind the absolute worst character, DLC, and story in the game.

BEARNBULLBEARNBULL
>>
File: visible autism.jpg (22KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
visible autism.jpg
22KB, 277x296px
>>13536203
>>
>>13536683
I knew you posted on /m/ Katoki. Listen to me you squinty suspender wearing fuck, when are you going to make anything in your Gunpla line that isn't a fucking Gundam. Better yet, where's my MG Leo?
>>
File: GusionFromt.png (181KB, 365x455px) Image search: [Google]
GusionFromt.png
181KB, 365x455px
>>13537061
>he thinks Sazabi, Sinanju, and Sinanju Stein are Gundams
There's a reason why they're not called 'Gundams'.
>>
>>13537061
Tallgeese isn't a Gundam.
>>
I'd really like a Power Armor figure, either X-01 or T-60. It has an aesthetic and build I really enjoy. Fallout 4 did the feel of Power Armor pretty well, even if it did kinda fuck up the lore with its fusion cores.
>>
File: Ulysses_profile.jpg (359KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
Ulysses_profile.jpg
359KB, 900x643px
>>13537039

DA BEAR DA BULL DA SUPERB OWL
>>
>>13537039
>>13537331

I've never played Lonesome Road what's bad about it?
>>
>>13537385

Kreia Mk 2
Tunnelers will somehow overrun the mohave despite their weakness being sunlight, in a desert
Really crappy conclusion to the DLCs

On the plus side, ED-E gets a lot of backstory, but that was probably Sawyer's input since ED-E was his idea to begin with. Also it's confirmed that it's pronounced Eddie.
>>
File: 7.jpg (239KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
239KB, 1920x1279px
>>
>play game using PA lots and maxed Lone Wanderer
>Literally unkillable
>make new character, focus on Agi and stealth, have enough starting Agi to get Shadow Warrior off the bat
>literally everything kills me, can never successfully sneak more then once cause comps always get spotted instantly
Oh yeah, doing 8x sneak attack damage is nice, but it only works once and then everything and their angry dog notices you. And grenades, jesus fucking shit sucking christ every other combat scenario is just endless waves of molotovs.

I don't really like how this game more or less forces you to use Power Armour and Lone Wanderer perk.
>>
>>13537385
Ulysses is a poorly executed antagonist. The overall message is that your actions have unforeseen consequences but the problem is that the event in question isn't your fault. There was absolutely no way you could have known the event in question would happen. Ulysses himself even says as much and says he angry isn't exactly justified and that only adds to the mediocrity of his characterization.

As for a character that has a build up over 3 previous DLCs he is very much a let down.
>>
>>13529985
sick of seeing this normalfag garbage game
>>
File: eyes to meet you.png (494KB, 1158x800px) Image search: [Google]
eyes to meet you.png
494KB, 1158x800px
>>13538050
Then cut your eyes out cause it's /m/ related babby.
>>
File: facetrainer.jpg (25KB, 625x286px) Image search: [Google]
facetrainer.jpg
25KB, 625x286px
>>13534754
KSSHH-WUB

Every time.
>>
>>13537989
So shiny and chrome...While I understand that it's a post-apocalyptic setting, it would be nice to get some shiny shit like that.
>>
>>13538126

I don't like the actual gun sound on the laser in 4.

>>13538184

Seriously. Is it so much to ask that my X-01 isn't scratched to shit even after a paintjob?
>>
>>13538308
DLC ;)
>>
>>13538355

No I mean even with a mod it is
>>
File: johnny confused.png (24KB, 135x178px) Image search: [Google]
johnny confused.png
24KB, 135x178px
>>13537049
>"I like Roleplaying in Roleplaying games"
>"MUH AUTISM"
>>
>>13529985
yes it is /m/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-DQcI7byY
>>
>>13536203
I have no idea why they didn't give you the option to mute your voice. Would it really have been so hard? I dislike the voice, but for different reasons. I just don't like wasting time listening to my character speak when I can read 10x faster and get on with what I need to do.
>>
>>13536203
I personally didn't have any problems with the talking. Bioware games manage to keep plenty of roleplaying in while having talking MCs.

The problem is how the MC's past is too well defined, and not used to any good advantage. Was the whole military background thing really necessary? It would've been way better if they'd done it like NV or the Shadowrun Returns games where when people ask you about your past there are multiple possible answers, and the one you choose is the one that's true.

But yeah, there's a lot of quests with ultimately only one solution, and just a a general lack of a flexibility which stifles roleplaying.

Really disappointing.
>>
>>13536683
no step
>>
>>13538663
But how else would they be able to drop in an entirely unforced manner 'WAR NEVER CHANGES' three times in a single intro sequence?
>>
>>13537385
The main antagonist is clearly meant to be a big deal, what with all the buildup in the previous DLCs, but he's a massive retard pussy and just doesn't live up to the hype in the slightest.

The gameplay itself is a horrible combat-centric slog.

The other DLC was just way better. Dead Money had its flaws but it was a great one-off adventure, Old World Blues is loved by everyone, and Honest Hearts (which I hated, myself) expands the world's setting. Lonesome Road adds nothing and just goes "LOOK IT'S THE EPIC CLIMAX WHICH IS SO EPIC ISN"T IT EPICCCCC" at you. It tries too hard to be a cool conclusion while completely failing at it.
>>
>>13538686
>Dead Money had its flaws but it was a great one-off adventure
That's such a damn understatement.
Dead Money has to be the worst DLC ever made that I love unconditionally.
>>
>>13538720
Dead Money was the strongest DLC thematically and narrative-wise, it's really sad how people keep shitting all over it because WAHHHH I WANT TO USE MY POWER ARMOR AND ANTI MATERIEL RIFLE FUCK YOOOOU.
>>
>>13538732
>>13538720
>>13538686
Why do people complain about Dead Money anyways? All you need are good Luck and Melee and you essentially break the rest of the game forever. And it's not like you can't just use glitches or console commands to bring your shit in.
>>
>>
>>13538735
>Why do people complain about Dead Money anyways

Beep beep beep beep beep BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
>>
仮面ライダーVS宇宙刑事
>>
>>13538876
That and not being allowed in with a Fatman/Enclave Armor/AM Rifle. etc. etc. is like 99% of the complaints about Dead Money.
>>
>>13538981

The megaphones are a legit excuse because they're always either

>only visible from one angle, causing you to constantly run back and forth from safety until you see it and can shoot it
>indestructible
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-23+at+05.51.15).jpg (12KB, 246x117px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-23+at+05.51.15).jpg
12KB, 246x117px
I like FO4
Its pretty fun.
>>
>>13538735
Mostly my deal with it was the vault being incredibly bullshit.
Everything up until that point was great. And the holorifle is secretly the best weapon in the entire game.
>>
>>13539025
>And the holorifle is secretly the best weapon in the entire game.
>an energy AMR that has a 100 damage DoT effect
>secretly
>>
>>13536722
dats some sweet MaK shit
>>
>>13533981
A cat probably walked on the fire button on the side that launched first, and enabled the great war.
>>
File: Suits.png (356KB, 554x312px) Image search: [Google]
Suits.png
356KB, 554x312px
>>13530013

My thread. And yes, it is in as much a concept that 4chan has really no other science fiction board.
>>
>>13533975

House can't see anything outside of his surveillance grid, how would he know?
>>
File: Robo-scorpion ConceptArt.png (307KB, 958x720px) Image search: [Google]
Robo-scorpion ConceptArt.png
307KB, 958x720px
>>
File: 1444220164338.gif (1MB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1444220164338.gif
1MB, 600x300px
>>
>>13538686
To be fair, people dug into the code and found that Ulysses was actually supposed to be this crazy, self-delusional guy who blamed all his problems on you. The story was supposed to be that the Divide honestly wasn't your fault and it was just this one guy kinda obsessing over it, but they seriously fucked up the execution and just had some generic antagonist.
>>
>>13535217
I know it's a dank meme that 1 and 2 are better, but I don't see why for example new vegas would lose to either of them.

Sure, I agree first ones have better humor and and I liked the plot of the first. And newer ones have bugs which give trouble to people. But other than that I feel it's just "not liking popular things". All your unique dialog options exist 3 and nv, you can still talk the big bad over. Dialogue options differ by stats. Nv has traits. Better combat, I remember being in a room in 2 for god how many turns as the computer wanted to go every 100 aliens and plants slowly one by one. So far I've found even 4 harder than the previous games, but that might be because I run into too difficult areas with shit armor. Naturally you can adjust difficulty and my character dies in about 3 shots.

Many times people try to defend "original fallouts" and when asked just give vague answers about "muh colors" or "you must be baiting". In general, the games are less open and harder to treat as "best RPG" even from the standpoint there's a clear order you must advance in a certain time-limit. As far as the never games go, the freedom is on a totally different level. Not to mention the game shines more in 3d format with more sensible combat and for example with wasteland exploration, which isn't just copied tiles of wasteland or empty one-floor buildings. "B-but the technology didn't exist back then", going by that logic pac-man is probably best game ever.
>>
>>13536203
And the fact that in every other fallout you've had already established character and a backstory does not bother you? Oh no, he speaks this time too!
>>
>>13546280

It's probably because you can't just ignore it like in other Fallout's. Because the character is actually speaking.

I remember people saying the same for Mass Effect with "My Shepard wouldn't do X! They're ruining the RPing." well guess what. Shepard/Hawke/LW/Courier/Survivor isn't your self insert pen and paper character, they are a pre designed game character you are playing the role of.
>>
File: libertyreprimed.gif (600KB, 510x317px) Image search: [Google]
libertyreprimed.gif
600KB, 510x317px
>>
>>13542781
Still have yet to find a full set of Raider PA. Just have like two sets of chest pieces and helmets, one set from the USS Riptide wreck and I can't remember where I found the other set.
>>
>>13546587
>I remember people saying the same for Mass Effect with "My Shepard wouldn't do X! They're ruining the RPing." well guess what. Shepard/Hawke/LW/Courier/Survivor isn't your self insert pen and paper character, they are a pre designed game character you are playing the role of.
Yep. It is pretty obvious that Bethesda intentionally set up two different systems for TES and Fallout. TES go out of its way to give the player a vague background and origin, while Fallout has an official backstory and goal. This had always been like that.
>>
>>13546973
>>
Damn the T-60 is gorgeous. I downgraded from the X-01 just cause I thought it looked better.
>>
>>13542781
>My thread. And yes, it is in as much a concept that 4chan has really no other science fiction board.
Please don't give Hiroshima any more ideas on how to fuck 4chan up by forcibly dividing us.

The ONLY new board we really needed was /quest/ and it's the only one we haven't gotten.
>>
>>13550129
The T-60 needs a Gutplate, the fucking frame is exposed under the ribcage.

>>13537412
There is such a thing as night-time, and I am so terrified of tunnlers my Indy-Vegas would start by diggind a goddamn kill-trench around the entire divide and/or make the NCR.

>>13538732
>>13538735
>>13539025
My only issue with DM is the ending, I realize taking back a bunch of the vending machines to reverse engineer so they don't run on shitty coins would totally break Fallout because it means endless medicine, food and ammo so long as the machines have power and dirt. But having to leave everyone there forever sucked ass.
>>
File: 1435339758260.jpg (615KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1435339758260.jpg
615KB, 1024x768px
Think there will ever be a game were you can join the enclave?
>>
Why can't you use any of the BoS paints on T-51? T-51 is the best looking PA. May have to go Railroad for the paint..
>>
>>13542781

I am all for science fiction on this board and it alone.
>>
File: 1434368485-5.jpg (2MB, 1900x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1434368485-5.jpg
2MB, 1900x1330px
>>
>>13550592
Winterized is the best paint job and you can't use it on the X-01.

It's retarded.
>>
File: 8.jpg (325KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
325KB, 1920x1279px
>>
>>13554192
jesus fuck why is raider armor in fallout 4 so good.
>>
File: MrHandyCA1.jpg (3MB, 7800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
MrHandyCA1.jpg
3MB, 7800x3000px
>>
>>13550592
What? FUCK. Is there any all grey pattern I can use then?
>>
>>13550548

Never. They only accept their own. All Wastelanders are to be killed because they not pure.
>>
>>13559190
Wasn't the the Sole Survivor pure?
>>
>>13551626
Hell no, Institute is a far better white scheme, and can be used on the X-01.
>>
>>13559190
So have the main character start as an Enclave lackey
>>
File: Jetpack.jpg (990KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jetpack.jpg
990KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>13559190
>never

FO2 proved it's not hard to convince them you're a new recruit.
>>
>>13533975
>Bethesda caring about lore
Yeah, and the Enclave were destroyed at the Oil Refinery.
>>
>>13565396

They weren't to begin with, just their leadership. Their army left for their fortress-city of Chicago. Where they've probably teamed up with the Midwest Brotherhood.
>>
>>13538450
You have to change the other .dds files that have the [name]_[letter suffix] naming. Few modders change them; only changing the main .dds.

The other 2 govern things like reflectivity, surface detailing, and other things.

I learned this modding .dds files for custom skins in World of Warships.
>>
>>13559190
Where did the Enclave get all its manpower?
>>
>>13529985
>What would you want to see
A stupid MC saying really stupid things.
I miss that.
>>
>>13566038

From the decendents of US soldiers and Government than took shelter in their own Vaults after the war and are rad and mutation free.
>>
>>13566089
>Rawrr! Fucking kill!
Isn't that stupid enough for you?
>>
>>13566341
mfw I'm addicted to psycho
>>
>>13566360
Just cook come radscorpion meat.
>>
>>13566413
But I'd rather just take more psycho

I only wear power armor for radiation, it feels like there's not a huge point in using it otherwise and it's not really fun to use either.
>>
>>13534011
When I saw the new sentry bot design I thought "Aw shit, /m/ would love this!"
>>
>>13550548
>mole rats and other small animals grow from radiation
>squirrels just end up on sticks
>>
>>13567188
Yeah mutations are weird.
>>
>>13538450
>>13565452
See http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3611/?

For some details.
>>
>>13567188
I thought it was a baby molerat on the stick.
>>
>>
File: 20757957.png (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20757957.png
93KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 1447794840280.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447794840280.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13529985
Who /ranger/ here? All Fallout 4's release got me into was replaying and modding the shit out of FNOV.
>>
Haven't played FO4 yet because I really disliked 3. What's the flimsy justification for bringing yet another hitherto unseen model of Pre-War power armor into the setting this time? How does it compare to the Enclave power armor?
>>
>>13572880
Do you think Todd Howard needs "justification" to ruin the lore? Silly anon.
>>
>>13572877
Why was even the worst of NV's expansions (Dead Money) better then the best of FO3's save Point Lookout? What the fuck was going on in Todd's head with fucking MZ?
>>
>>13572877
I finished going through all of the DLCs recently. I played through the main game and Dead Money when the game was fairly new, but I never got around to the rest. I was surprised that all of them were pretty good in their own way.

>>13572889
What's wrong with Dead Money? I found it to be a fantastic experience when played with hardcore mode on. It's about as immersive and challenging as it gets when it comes to games with Oblivion or Oblivion-style game engines.
>>
>>13572914
I always never got too into Dead Money, as much as for example Honest Hearts gets for being bare bones compartively in content to other expansions for NV, I really liked how it brought back the atmosphere of how tribal people like the Wounded Knees and White Legs were.

And Joshua "The BURNED MAN" Graham. Holy shit, he made that expansion.
>>
File: Ed-Ecated.png (44KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ed-Ecated.png
44KB, 240x240px
>>13572914
Also liked dead money. Thought the worst was lonesome road.
>>
File: 1389412177882.jpg (283KB, 537x884px) Image search: [Google]
1389412177882.jpg
283KB, 537x884px
>>13572969
>worst
>Lonesome Road
1v1 in the Mojave, son.
>>
I kind of like Mothership Zeta.
It was silly and dumb, but the fun kind of silly and dumb.
>>
>>13572961
No kidding about the Burned Man being an awesome character Did anyone ever actually side with Daniel (the other dude) except to see how it changes the ending?
>>
>>13572877
I did that too, did a playthrough as Legate Lanius. I like having armor/weapon sets that fit with each DLC/theme.

>>13572889
I found the base game NV to be better than FO3 too. I feel like MZ could have been a lot better, maybe more cheesiness or more fitting dialogue. It seemed like it tried too hard to push some sort of semi-horror aspect that just wasn't there.
>>
>>13573015
Old World Blues is Mothership Zeta done correctly.
>>
File: 1386127262150.jpg (177KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1386127262150.jpg
177KB, 1280x1024px
>>13573028
>>13573112
New Vegas 2 never
>>
File: tumblr_npsdzv1Uk61rnzbp9o1_1280.png (612KB, 1280x893px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npsdzv1Uk61rnzbp9o1_1280.png
612KB, 1280x893px
>>13573158
Just give me a spinoff game about Joshua Graham.
>>
>>13572889
>the worst of NV's expansions (Dead Money)
Dead Money was second best, you don't know what you're saying.
>>
>>13573211
>>13573158
How can one man be so fucking GOAT? He survived being beaten up by his own former soldiers in the Legion, tarred, feathered, set on fire, and thrown down the Grand Canyon and even after that while Caesar sends his top assassins and soldiers to kill him, Graham keeps killing them personally.

How is one man this glorious?
>>
File: hk2zo1.png (533KB, 1280x1249px) Image search: [Google]
hk2zo1.png
533KB, 1280x1249px
>>13573028
>Did anyone ever actually side with Daniel (the other dude) except to see how it changes the ending?
I went with Daniel the first time because it just seemed like the right thing to do. You still get to kick Salt Upon Wounds' ass at the end.
>>
>>13573004
Such a whiny character. The only good parts were the ed-e upgrades.
>>
>>13573260
I understand the arguments Daniel presented, and I think some of them are even pretty sound.

Basically, he's not afraid of fighting the White Legs so much as he is afraid of the Sorrows becoming quarrelsome, warlike, and proud in defeating the White Legs, which is why he wants the Sorrows to evacuate rather than fight.

The problem to me was that Zion is their home and also that the wasteland has as many raider groups like the White Legs as there are stars in the sky, which means that simply moving somewhere else does not solve anything in the long run. If the question is not "do I have to fight?" but "when do I have to fight?" then it makes sense that it would be better to fight sooner under favorable circumstances rather than later under uncertain ones.
>>
>>13573286
I quite liked the armor from the nuked NCR/Legion soldiers.
>>
>>13573339
Yeah, the Sorrows have managed to survive for almost 200 years without ever going to war. I can understand Daniel wanting to preserve that for as long as possible. I think he was being a little selfish, though. Like he was more concerned with his own success or failure in protecting their innocence than with what was actually best for the tribe.
>>
>>13573241
I prefer the old man in the mountains.
>>
Why so much dislike for Dead Money? It was probably my favorite DLC. The Madre had a wonderfully creepy and foreboding sense to it. The companions were well written and it actually mattered how you treated them and I enjoyed it's challenge. The first time around in particular it took all the skill and resourcefulness you could muster to complete it.
>>
>>13573441
Clarke?
>>
>>13573241

Well he's voiced by Keith Szarabajka for one
>>
>>13573260

Letting him wipe out the White Legs, but sparing Salt-Upon-Wounds in showing mercy, is the best option because it's a tenant of Mormonism, in that defending yourself when necesary is important (and historically relevant to their people), but don't let yourself become a monster. It's because the Mormons themselves were horribly persecuted when they started out, and had to flee to what is now Utah. They were attacked regularly, and as a tribe needed to learn how to fight. But they swore to only do so for the sake of their own survival.

They're a culture and a community more than they are a religion. Oddly I think New Vegas explained Mormonism very well with Joshua

>We wear more clothing than them and understand more about technology, but we're still a tribe, a linked family of families. The Boneyard, Phoenix, New Vegas, they're just places, metal and stone. New Canaan dies, but the tribe lives on. When the walls come tumbling down, when you lose everything you have, you always have family. And your family always has tribe.
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.