[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait. What?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Wait. What?
>>
File: 1420747448398.png (857KB, 672x896px) Image search: [Google]
1420747448398.png
857KB, 672x896px
>>13526684
F91 was planned as a full series but things changed and they ended up having to cram story from the first 13 episodes into 1 movie
i guess that text was made in the hopes that theyd someday return to it and finish it properly ;__;
>>
>>13526701
Tomino probably forgot about F91
>>
>>13526701
I knew that going in, but still, what a mess. A pretty mess though
>>
>>13526684
Think of it as the beginning for Crossbone.
>>
>>13526701
>First thirteen episodes
>Kill off Iron Mask
>Destroy Federation reinforcements
>Destroy super Newtype weapon with non-Psychoframe Gundam
>Leave the battlefield in a refugee ship
What the fuck? What was Tomino planning on doing for the rest of the series? Some fucking slice of life on Luna? This is why Japs are such shit writers; they keep dragging things out for no good reason.
>>
>>13526715
Or, knowing him, he was deliberately trolling the audience, knowing full well that Bandai would never greenlight a F91 series.
>>
>>13527140
Stranger things can happen. Look at Victory, they blew up a huge-ass space cannon before the halfway point of the series, and still had room for giant battleship motorcycles and fetal mind-wiping brain waves.

Besides, more probably they decided to cram an ending in at the last moment. First phase was activating the Gundam and fighting the Crossbone Vanguard, with the end of the first arc being the bugs. Raflessia was probably designed on the spot to act as the final boss of the movie.
>>
>>13527140
It was supposed to, in theory at least, time skip to Cecily and Seabook returning a few years later, and leading a splinter faction of the CBV against her grandfather in the civil war mentioned in Crossbone.

Of course that's just a guess.
>>
>>13527140
I think they wrote in the last 20 minutes... I mean it's not a 100% adaptation of scripts of 13 episodes.
>>
>>13527140
They mention a Cosmo Babylonia civil war as well as Zabine basically becoming Seabook's CHAR in Crossbone
>>
>>13527140
>What was Tomino planning on doing for the rest of the series?
Crossbone?
>>
Welcome to the land of suffering F91 fans OP.

;_;
>>
>>13527221
You mean fans of what it could have been, right?
>>
>>13526684
It was only the beginning

>>13527140
Are you mentally impaired?
>>
>>13527140
>This is why Japs are such shit writers; they keep dragging things out for no good reason.
Incredibly ironic, considering how western TV series are produced and have absolutely no limit in run whatsoever as long as the ratings are good.
>>
>>13527141
If only he had gotten reversed trolled with the movie being a huge hit and the gunpla selling out faster than it could be made. With Tomino's attempt to troll turning into him having to make a 52 episode series for F91 instead
>>
>>13527153
>>13527186
>>13527191

There's never been any indication anything in Crossbone was ever intended to happen in the original F91. In fact, it makes no real sense to be the case given that Crossbone is a work that skips forward to feature an almost entirely new cast and antagonists, a much lighter and more comedic tone and even some different themes. Tomino didn't write Crossbone, Hasegawa did. He was just allowed use Tomino's elements to make his own story.

Even if Tomino was planning a time skip, this one is unlikely since it changes things so completely.

>>13527169

This is true. The majority of the movie may be based on what was written to cover the first 13 odd episodes (i.e. what was presumably written at the time), but there's no reason that even if that were to be the case that they wouldn't just cut in the final boss as a climax regardless of what the original 13 episode draft ended on to make the movie more exciting on it's own. Just because they're covering the first 13 episodes as the major focus doesn't mean they couldn't put some other stuff in that was made up post decision to make a film to make it work better.
>>
Crossbone is actually ADAPTED by Hasegawa. We don't know what the original plans may have been for it.
>>
>>13528081
Take "How I Met Your Mother" for example
>>
>>13530211
Or Supernatural
>>
>>13527140
The ending of the movie is probably the intended ending (@ that point) for the series except he truncated everything in between.
>>
>>13527140
It's not like they Cosmo Babylonia was defeated or anything. I'd assume any continuation in a full series would have Cecily's brother and Zabine taking the role of major antagonists after that point.
>>
I interpreted "THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING" as referring to their relationship.
>>
>>13528938
>There's never been any indication anything in Crossbone was ever intended to happen in the original F91.

This ought to be hammered into the collective consciousness of the fanbase. Crossbone is to F91 as Zeta is to the first Mobile Suit Gundam film. What this line promised would probably have been F91's Soldiers of Sorrow and Encounters.

>Tomino didn't write Crossbone, Hasegawa did. He was just allowed to use Tomino's elements to make his own story.

How do we know this? I could believe it, but I've always blamed a perceived drop in quality and groundedness between Crossbone and its sequel/spinoffs on Tomino's lack of contribution to the latter.

>>13530304
My fanfic is Dorel donning the Iron Mask.
>>
>>13528938
>There's never been any indication anything in Crossbone was ever intended to happen in the original F91
I didn't say that, I said that in Crossbone they alluded to stuff that happened after/during F91 such as another Cosmo Babylonia conflict and Zabine being Seabook's rival
>>
>>13530211
>>13530239
Dexter and Weeds also.
>>
>>13530605
>>Tomino didn't write Crossbone, Hasegawa did. He was just allowed to use Tomino's elements to make his own story.
>How do we know this? I could believe it, but I've always blamed a perceived drop in quality and groundedness between Crossbone and its sequel/spinoffs on Tomino's lack of contribution to the latter.
Anon's bullshitting. There's comments left by both Tomino and Hasegawa in the cover sleeve of each tankobon. I don't see why they would go to this extent nor do I see a point sticking a conspiracy into this.

What Tomino generally says throughout his comments is
>He's trying to find a fresh way to approach the Gundam series (through manga format)
>He seems to like Hasegawa's work.
>Hasegawa draws girls too sexy for his taste.
>Hasegawa insisted bringing the battle to Earth to keep the story "grounded". Tomino thanks him for that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.