[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is 90% of any Gundam military made up of Army Captains/Navy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Quatro_bajeena.jpg (15KB, 482x357px) Image search: [Google]
Quatro_bajeena.jpg
15KB, 482x357px
Why is 90% of any Gundam military made up of Army Captains/Navy Lieutenants?
>>
They are not, its just that thats all you see because grunts dont sell
>>
>>13518386
Because the plot always follows the special snowflakes and their rivals rather than the grunts dying in massive explosions and reused animations.
>>
>>13518388
>>13518417
What about Generals/Admirals? Have come they never get be mobile suit pilots?
>>
>>13518426
Get promoted too much and they wont let you fly.
>>
>>13518437
Ah, so that's why Char stayed a Captain/Colonel as leader of his own Neo Zeon movement.
>>
>>13518386
They use Naval ranks. Lieutenants are seen as mid-level officers (or at least senior enough to not be FNGs) usually in their mid- or late-20s. Just like in real life, there tends to be much more lower ranked people and fewer high-ranking people.

And for people to have any sway they have to be at some respectable rank. Also, piloting mobile suits is usually done by younger/lower ranking officers while high-ranking officers take positions like commanding a ship or away from the front lines entirely.
>>
File: st09end-kirkgen.jpg (38KB, 480x202px) Image search: [Google]
st09end-kirkgen.jpg
38KB, 480x202px
>>13518437
This.

Same thing even happened to Kirk, don't let them promote you too much.
>>
>>13518386
Private through Sergeant explode constantly in the background.
Ensigns fall in love with enemy pilots and desert.
Colonels and higher usually get stuck piloting those ships that explode constantly in the background.

And, most importantly, Gundams are only given to civilian teenagers.
>>
File: THE HERO OF THE FEDERATION.png (3MB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
THE HERO OF THE FEDERATION.png
3MB, 1920x2160px
>>13518520
Who else besides Shiro and Riddhe?
>>
To be a pilot IRL I think you have to be an officer of some kind so it makes ssense that Gundamu would have a similar situation.
>>
>>13519563
2nd Lt., I think.
>>
File: kou carrots.jpg (37KB, 543x362px) Image search: [Google]
kou carrots.jpg
37KB, 543x362px
>>13518520
>And, most importantly, Gundams are only given to civilian teenagers.
Does this look like a pansy ass crybaby civilian to you?
>>
>>13518386

Well, most of the lower/mid rank officers are the ones piloting mobile suits just like real life pilots/aviators

>>13518426

Most of them were not trained to pilot mobile suits?

>>13519593

Yes
>>
>>13518520
What about lieutenant?
>>
File: KiraCardORB.jpg (23KB, 300x190px) Image search: [Google]
KiraCardORB.jpg
23KB, 300x190px
>>13518520
Usually.
>>
>>13519607
Lts are often doomed-to-die-in-battle mentors.
>>
>>13518517
i think a better example is steven seagal in under siege.
talking about star trek just makes you sound like a fucking twerp
>>
>>13519593
>pansy ass crybaby civilian
Two out of three ain't bad
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.