[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

Subs are out
>>
>>13517859
The centaur looked pretty damn badass in this one.
>>
I forgot this was even a thing
>>
>>13517907
It's a decent thing.

Almost over by now too. Just one more left (by February 2016 if you're in Japan).
>>
>>13517931
>It's a decent thing
It's pretty damn crap aside from the CG fights.
>>
>>13518405
The fights are really great though.
>>
>>13518405
That's just like your opinion man.
>>
Fights are the best part, but the rest is acceptable. Which stilll makes it better than several recent TV shows.
>>
As an Orangefag, I was pretty disappointed that Sunrise didn't work them better.
It's pretty fucked when a Xebec-produced tv show looks better than a Sunrise OAV.
Hell even the action in Comet Lucifer is better animated, albeit poorly choreographed.
Also, Akito's sound design has been really thin sounding, tinny even.
I thought the fights were orchestrated well, but they just didn't look up to scratch.
>>13518411
That's what he said.
>>
>>13518692
>That's what he said.
He's saying the fights more than made up for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>13517859
is this evangelion
is that robot going to eat that lanky anime man
>>
>>13518721
Not really. He said it was crap aside from the fights, not that they make up for anything. Even this anon >>13518411 doesn't even say that.
>>13518723
How the fuck do you not know Geese?
>>
>>13518731
Oops. By "he" I meant >>13518411
>>
>>13518735
>>13518731
>Even this anon >>13518411 doesn't even say that.
Not explicitly.
>>
ALEXANDER THE GREAT is making this entire OVA for me I love this guy
>>
>>13518405
>>13518411
Someone should make an all actions scenes cut like what that guy did for Unicorn
>>
>>13518738
I mean it could be inferred, but I try not to assume too much on the internet.
If that's what you meant (assuming that was you) you're wrong
>>
>>13518692
I don't see any logic behind your comparison. In fact, it comes across as rather weird. Oragen's shaders and filers are the same, the movement style is the same. That's all the animation per se consists of.

Xebec's TV show only has three differences: more beam weapons, actual flight combat and a lot of action taking place during the daytime. Beyond that, I really don't see what you are complaining about in Akito here.

I must question your ears and/or sound equipment too.
>>
>>13519255
*Orange's shaders and filters are the same
>>
>>13519255
You know the "pop" a lot of CGI has?
Orange usually does a better job of blending its edges.
In Akito, and Buddy Complex to some extent, the models stand out a lot more against the backgrounds.
It was less noticeable in OVA 3, but it crept back in in this one.
>>
>>13519414
They must not have used the patented Orange skybox.
>>
>>13519426
You people really like talking about your skyboxes
>>
Akito 4 was completely ridiculous. All of the twists were laughable. Like, a giant metal wall, and the centaur mech doesn't have slash harkens to climb it when even the basic grunt mech has them as stock.

"No Akito! Don't kill him, that makes you a killer!" Say the EX-TERRORISTS WHO MURDERED PEOPLE TO INCITE TERROR

Also, I don't actually recall, but how did Spinzaku get captured? Did he give up or something, since I don't think anyone in the military can fight equally with him.
>>
>>13519476
Not him, but I fucking love sky backgrounds.
Be it in anime, or vidya, or creative filming of the sky, I fucking love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9m6KzRMWnA
I really find the sky beautiful.
>>
>>13519523
Now imagine the sky is the one you'd see in Half Life 1.

A shameless box, six sides, you can see the seams...

Now, Orange is doing a good job of concealing the seams but you'd be blind not to notice their backgrounds are very empty and devoid of volume. They need to populate their setpieces with a bit more stuff, create a space that actually feels real rather than some separate dimension where action occurs.
>>
>>13519518
>how did Spinzaku get captured?
In episode 3 Shin was pointing a gun at Kingsley's head.
>>
>>13519414
I didn't see any real "pop" here in Akito that I can recall as significantly different from the same small moments of "pop" in Fafner Exodus or any other Orange project. It wasn't a big deal at all. Admittedly, I think you might notice it more with certain lighting/shadow choices though. We still had a lot of scenes here where the 3DCG blended in well, including the forest sequence.
>>
>>13519555
Right, I vaguely recall something like that. The release delay between these things is killer.
>>
>>13519573
>We still had a lot of scenes here where the 3DCG blended in well, including the forest sequence.
Yeah, actually forgot to mention that.
Also, the scenes in the town in the previous OVA were good.

Conclusion: Orange does outside
>>
>>13519518
A giant metal wall isn't even any sort of "twist" though, but just a defense mechanism for a military base. It's not hard to imagine such a thing, whether we want to talk about Akito or even a standard Gundam show.

And why should the centaur mech have slash harkens though? Grunt mecha have them, but not all specialized models will. There is such a thing as making compromises in both scientific and military fields.

They actually never said it made Akito into a killer, so you got that dialogue wrong. Only that he would be killing himself, figuratively speaking, since he is acting on Shin's command to DIE.

So your objection is invalid. Your memory must be weak since Shin had Lelouch at his mercy.
>>
>>13519573
>>13519581
>Conclusion: Orange does outside better than inside, probably because of >>13519426

I think sheen might be a better word than "pop"
The KMFs are way too shiny compared to how drap everything else is.
>>
>>13519584
I congratulate you for writing up that bait post, but it's not happening, anon. A for effort though.
>>
>>13518692
I think Fafner, Akito, and (most surprisngly) Comet Lucifer all look great fights wise.
>>
>>13519255
The explosion clouds in Akito look like trash.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.