[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armored Core + Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: G_DAD.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
G_DAD.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
How can it be done?
>>
No please don't ruin AC with sluggish grinding garbage.
>>
The best way to do a sci-fi dark souls is setting it in a dying O'Neill cylinder.
>>
bonfires are replaced with garages
>>
Take Demon's Souls, make it faster, replace the Nexus with a garage/hanger, and drop in some Kawamori mechs.
>>
File: 1411781948981.png (395KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1411781948981.png
395KB, 525x525px
>>13517484

>armored souls

>dark core

>yfw
>>
Considering the only AC that Miyazaki made was 4, I would think it plays like that.
>>
>>13517484

Power armor people with rocketboots for speed dashing, fighting giant robot bosses in the ruins of an advanced civilization destroyed by war. Imagine Lordran, but replace ruined castles with decaying scifi utopia.
>>
>>13517584

>Power armor people with rocketboots for speed dashing, fighting giant robot bosses

so vanquish then
>>
>>13517484
"Souls" are instead replaced by a sufficiently-advanced grey goo slash energon type substance that you harvest from destroyed machines. You feed it to synthesizers at the bonfire-equivalent regions to construct new equipment. There's also some bullshit about how the grey goo is also the substance that AI brains are made of in this setting, so you're literally ripping out their brains and turning them into weapons.

In the end, after you defeat the super powerful god machine mecha defending the core of the decrepit space colony, you have the choice to either take the god machine's soul for your own and become incredibly powerful while condemning everybody else on the station to a slow death, or sacrifice your computation cluster to the core as fuel to keep the station going a while longer.

Honestly, a Dark Souls type game with a mecha-aesthetic exterior would appeal to me greatly.
>>
>>13517599
>"Souls" are instead replaced by a sufficiently-advanced grey goo slash energon type substance

so nanomachines?
>>
>>13517610

i think hes trying to say, nanomachines on crack
>>
>>13517598

Whatever rustles your jimmies, man.
>>
>>13517610
son.

(that's a yes. that's literally what grey goo means. grey goo is nanomachines.)
>>
File: oh GOSH.gif (363KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
oh GOSH.gif
363KB, 480x270px
>>13517622

> grey goo is nanomachines
> an unidentified grey goo keeps leaking from my fridge and I don't know what it is
> mfw nanomachines in my kitchen

OH BOY
>>
>>13517644

bro, thats probably milk

clean it up or it will spoil and smell
>>
>>13517644
slather it all over your body to get superpowers, SON. trust me.

(srsly though have you never heard the term 'grey goo' before or are you just fucking around)
>>
>>13517491
But anon AC V was already made.
>>
File: cowboy bebop at his noodles.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy bebop at his noodles.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>13517644
Never leave things in the fridge.
NEVER.
>>
If such a thing were ever made i just hope to god they go back to the old school style of aesthetics and gameplay. 3rd gen AC was just right I think. A game set right after the destruction of the controller would be great, humanity is reemerging to the earth's surface, lots of shit to explore and fight over, dem mysterious great white ACs, that space satellite misison.

goddamn I wanna go replay silent line again.
>>
>>13517491
>don't ruin AC with AC
>>
File: fridge.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fridge.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>13517644
>>
>>13517513
>>13517599
Maybe at the end of the game you would find out that the nanomachines are actually the blood of a super advanced alien creature chained to the core of the space colony, and when you kill it you find out that it's the grown-up form of the baby Old One you turn into at the end of Bloodborne, and the game takes place 2000 years in the future after BB
>>
>>13517484
Combine robots and giant mecha with a Xenoblade-style world in ruins and a lot of fighting and finding out what caused this advanced sci-fi world to fall apart.

Have NPCs that are attractive or have sexy voices appear and disappear as you explore the world on their own sidequests, and failing them or accomplishing them depending on what you did, with some quests directly opposed to one another.

Have a lot of weapons or parts you can scavenge with little bits of lore on everything.

Basically, be Blame but with giant robots.
>>
>>13517566
>AC4
>Too easy and casual for AC fans
>>
>>13518082
I thought that was AC6

At least the missions were damn pretty.
>>
>>13517484
Why would you do it in the first place though?

I mean medieval mecha would be cool and all, but the gameplay of the two wouldn't match at all.
>>
Scale everything up for big mecha.

Player is one-man army in a robot.

Bonfire replaced with allied bases.

If you "die", you are ejected from your mecha and you need to trek back to your allied base on foot to pick up a new mech.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 600x338px
Friendly reminder that a From Gundam game totally happened (albeit without any involvement from Miyazaki).

Seeing how there won't be any new AC, maybe they will make a sequel to that gundam game? Miyazaki already said he wanted to do a mecha game after ds3, and they could get those gundam liscensing rights easy. Though if they go this route, I hope they try something new and not just defualt to a souls-like gundam game. No offence, but after; Ds2:Sotfs, lords of the fallen, bloodborne, and ds3 coming up, something new would be prefered. Like a ZoE like Gundam game directed by Miyazaki would be fucking awesome.

An idea for a more traditional souls-like experience:
>Humanity builds a galactic empire
>Its all annihilated, no one knows why. (The event)
>Your pilot wakes up from cyro, in the star system where the Event first took place (ground zero). Mission: Find out what happened.
>The only humans are descendants of the original survivors floating through space in spaceships.
>They are crazy, follow a made up religion about the event (think moon moon mixed with dark history), give only hints to what happened.
>The worldmap is outerspace, bonfires are wondering space ships.
>Make your way to Earth, tuns out Humans ascended into transhumanism.
>Enemies are: Crazed survivor pilots, ai bots, and cthulhu monsters.
>Spells & miracles replaced with funnels and drones.
>expanded nano machine idea: nano's build and upgrade parts, when your mech gets destroyed it melts into goo that decays over time.
>>
>>13518960
>you need to trek back to your allied base on foot
Without getting stepped on.
>>
>>13519175
Jokes on you it'll be King's Field with gendums
>>
File: Another_Century_Episode_R_Cover.jpg (192KB, 350x409px) Image search: [Google]
Another_Century_Episode_R_Cover.jpg
192KB, 350x409px
>>13519175
>Like a ZoE like Gundam game directed by Miyazaki would be fucking awesome.
Imagine pic related with molasses gameflow, and you'd have what you're picturing.
>>
File: 1316432863479.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1316432863479.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
The ideas here so far :

> context : still post-apocalyptic, still "after-death", at various place in space and on the surface, O'neill Colony, abandoned shipyard, moon

Soul = grey goo
Hollow = Mechs which uploaded-minds pilot are getting more and more corrupted
Bonfire = Garage
Level up = upgrade of the AI managing the goo, you need to finds incomplete software codes for that
Rings = modules, sensor, jump-jet, shock absorber...
Invaders = Pirate/Mercenary paid to take you on (or help you)
Petrification = Hacking (forced shutdown)
Magic = Kojima weapon
Boss = AI relics of the old civilization

My take on the Gameplay :
DS is a slow game where attention to any movements and details (hitbox, stamina) are criticals and you can die in a fall easily
AC is a fast game where you can speed very fast everywhere but mostly need the correct configurations.
So Dark Armored NanoCore would be a game where you can do fast dash as long as you have energy but must control finely (and brake manually) or you'll impact walls at dashing speed.

The game would not go kindly on you, there will be a lot of haywire construction-mecha reactivating themselves and trying to suck your goo/energy, minefield, proximity sensor reactivating turrets.
You could open an elevator and discovers an enemy ready to fire on you in it, move across a desert and miss a mecha hidden in the sands, get down a shaft and find yourself surrounded by scavenger bots, walk by a storage cube and discover that it was open on the hidden side with an enemy in it
>>
File: 1443790338137.jpg (754KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
1443790338137.jpg
754KB, 1280x907px
>>13517484
Fantasy-Mecha setting, makes bridging to two easier.

So you have a mecha and a dude and you switch between them.

The dude plays more or less like you'd expect a souls character to play. You've got stats you level them up, you can choose from an assortment of melee weapons, you dodge out of the way of enemy attacks and retaliate when they're open.

The mecha is bigger and stronger and can fly. It's there when you need to take down especially large foes, or unluckly small ones. You customize it AC style giving you the freedom to build it anyway you want. Combat playing something like AC or ACE with more of a focus on melee combat rather than ranged combat.

You've got a shared currency though, you level up, buy items/repairs/upgrades with the same resource so building a really strong mecha while neglecting your little dude can get you into trouble when the game requires you to venture deep into a fortress and building a really strong dude but neglecting your mecha can get you into trouble when you wake up the sleeping horror from the unfathomed depths.

So kinda like Xenogears but with actiony combat.
>>
>>13524212
Shit, I'd play the absolute living fuck out of that.
>>
File: elmedine.jpg (59KB, 205x400px) Image search: [Google]
elmedine.jpg
59KB, 205x400px
>>13524021
>>13524212
I'm imagining this with the enemy mechs in a Mokoto Kobayashi style and it looks awesome.
>>
>>13524021
I like this, but fuck the whole hollowing thing. It works for dark souls but it would be totally unnecessary for a scifi setting.
>>
>>13524802
With AI getting corrupted by an unknown curs...virus, you get to explain why many mechs, despite having equal power, are less intelligent/efficient than yours.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.