[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best armored core game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_mmn7amkcqN1spjmjdo1_400.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmn7amkcqN1spjmjdo1_400.gif
2MB, 360x202px
whats the best armored core game?
>>
The correct answer is Last Raven
>>
>>13508301

Ps1: Master of the Arena (probably one of my favorite games of all time)
Ps2: Last Raven maybe AC 3 (this is a very close match up)
Ps3/Xbox 360: Verdict Day (tactical, UNACs, some map customization)
>>
Master of Arena or Last Raven, with 4 being my favorite of the PS360 era.
>>
File: AC_Nine_Breaker_PS2-uS2005_Box.jpg (116KB, 500x710px) Image search: [Google]
AC_Nine_Breaker_PS2-uS2005_Box.jpg
116KB, 500x710px
>>13508301
Nine Breaker
>>
Silent Line
>>
>>13508633
my nigga

https://youtu.be/K2GnhcYdcIk
>>
>>13508301
Last Raven and AC3 are both god tier

AC4A is the best of the newer ones, expect extremely diff gameplay

last raven is def the best overall, it even has a story that is somewhat interesting
>>
I liked AC2 because it was on Mars, and I'm deeply in love with Mars.
>>
>>13508301
whos the hardest boss? I remember Nine Ball Seraph and Final Zinaida being absolute bullshit
>>
>>13510904
>Nine Ball Seraph
correct me if I'm wrong but you mean the strong guy in AC2AA you need 3 things for an easy kill
speed(good OB), turn extension, and Karasawa
>Super Zinaida
I think she is legit the strongest in the series, she is easier to beat on the ps2 version than the psp imo, but thats mostly because the controls make the ps2 method ineffective and I think they changed her ai slightly, ps2 comes down to skill and how well you built your mech

psp, change controls to detach back stuff, get rockets, and w/e else you need for entrance, get energy pack decent boosters and a sword

Super zinaida will always try to stay above you in the psp version, fly to the ceiling, get her trapped on corner parts, and just wail on her with the sword and use energy packs as needed

super zinaida imo is the hardest imo i've cleared AC2AA-AC4FA (tried 5 at friends house didnt like it)

I had to completely mix up my normal strategies to beat her
>>
Any of the PSP games good?
>>
>>13510972
yea nineball was in AC2AA, But I was more specifically referring to his Masters of the Arena and Ninebreaker incarnations
>>
>>13510982
Last Raven Portable is playable, dare I say absolutely amazing if you learn to put up with PSP controls.

In fact the 3-era port games in general are all fun (LR-P is just most noticeably "pain is pleasure" in the early game, as you would expect). Formula Front, though... I respect it as a program battle game, but the framerate is sluggish if you choose to manually pilot and it disincentivizes bothering to play through it at all by giving you the whole pool of parts to work with from the getgo. I'd argue you would be better off learning the UNAC system in Verdict Day, it's pretty much the spiritual successor to FF, but with an actual game alongside it.
>>
>>13509180

Last Raven and AC3 are great.

4A is hands down the easiest and most pleb of the AC games.
>>
>>13509257

They seriously need to bring the game back to Mars. One corporation owns Earth and the other one owns Mars or something like that.
>>
>>13510982
If you decide to play last raven on the psp just know that your save from AC3 and Silent Line carry over unlocking a bunch of parts that you won't get normally
>>
>>13511007
> the UNAC system in Verdict Day
I concur. Building and developing a UNAC is very rewarding because it's every action stems from something you put into it. And as you test it and test it and figure out what little tweaks to make to both its parts and programming, its performance climbs ever higher. When I was semi-consistently beaten by mine I felt like teacher surpassed by their student.

UNACs make the best pets.
>>
>>13511016
Zio Matrix largely had control of Mars at first, but by the end of AC2 the Earth Government was in charge IIRC.

Still, a return to Mars would be nice.
>>
>>13511025
>>13511007
Well I'm emulating them so controls don't matter a whole lot, wasn't one of them about making an AI or something? Not Last Raven, but one of the PSP games
>>
>>13511077
don't worry about Formula Front, it doesn't carry stuff over
and imo it's not rlly worth mentioning
>>
>>13511077
Silent Line. It had a mechanic where you could build an I arena partner and improve it's performance. It didn't work very well though.
>>
>>13511086
Yeah Formula Front, so its bad or just not worth the mention? I like the idea of raising an AI for an AI arena

>>13511088
I think it worked out really well considering it just learns repeated behaviors, I got one AI up to S rank in the Combat/AI stat so it was at a point where I actually had a lot of trouble beating it and even lost to it. Trained it for overboosting high speed passes guns blazing
>>
>>13511007
>Last Raven Portable is playable, dare I say absolutely amazing if you learn to put up with PSP controls.
They're the same as the PS2 controls. I had to jump through serious hoops to get that game even playable on my PCSX2 emulator. Never would have bothered with the series on a real PS2.
>>
>>13511119
>Yeah Formula Front, so its bad or just not worth the mention?

I didn't care much for it but I played most of the matches myself

its alright I guess, just expect to breeze through it and finish it in around 10 hours
not much of the game is very memorable and I'm not a fan of the controls compared to the other psp ones
>>
File: 1437107847699.gif (2MB, 360x272px) Image search: [Google]
1437107847699.gif
2MB, 360x272px
>Still no new game
>that lack of good mech games in general this gen
>>
>>13511137
>they're the same
Except for yknow the lack of a second analog nub or L2/R2 buttons.

The controls are infinitely more cramped on PSP and break the game for some people.
>>
File: 145639285.jpg (20KB, 328x334px) Image search: [Google]
145639285.jpg
20KB, 328x334px
>>13511026
>mfw UNAC is upgraded and tweaked so much it beats me 100% of the time
WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Anyways, I really enjoyed AC:FA (Fuck occupation of arteria carpals on hard)
>>
>>13511314
>Except for yknow the lack of a second analog nub or L2/R2 buttons.
The second analogue stick didn't do shit on the PS2
>The controls are infinitely more cramped on PSP and break the game for some people.
They can't be worse than the original.
>>
File: RayleonardWallpaper-large.jpg (8KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
RayleonardWallpaper-large.jpg
8KB, 500x313px
>>13511326
I don't know what game was 'best', but FA was easily my personal favourite and holds a special place in my heart.

Attack Arteria Cranium (hard) might actually be tougher, since you're in a confined space, have no distraction ally and it's much tougher to split the enemies.

One of the things I really dug about that game was the corporations. Normally you have the one that makes blocky solid state focussed parts and one that makes sleek energy focussed parts, with maybe a third one that made the odd out there piece of gear. But the 4 era corporations have that and more, and all their schematics and parts have a very distinctive flavour to them, not just in terms of visual design, but also in doctrine and performance e.g. GA machines were designed for bottom of the barrel pilots, so they have heavy armour, poor thrusters and easy to use weapons, Eqbal/Algebra designs stress aggressive short range combat and attacking from oblique angles etc.
>>
>>13511493
The second analog stick was in use from Nexus onwards.
>>
>>13508301
None
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.