[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We Are All Gundam Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 45

File: Untitled-3.png (1MB, 1128x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
1MB, 1128x1052px
So apparently, at this point, it doesn't even matter. We've reached the point where anything can be called a Gundam.
>>
Were you not around when the G-Lucifer was announced?
>>
The Frame inside the armor is a Gundam but the armor isn't.
>>
Good, about time the Gundam name got some variety.
>>
>hyaku shiki
>epyon
etc
>>
File: grim gundam.jpg (89KB, 814x1000px) Image search: [Google]
grim gundam.jpg
89KB, 814x1000px
>>
File: Untitled-28.jpg (344KB, 677x780px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-28.jpg
344KB, 677x780px
I mean come on, what the fuck. "Gundam"? Please.
>>
>>13508048
Hyaku Shiki didn't have the V on its head, making it not a Gundam. Epyon was constantly, in series, refered to as a Gundam. In fact, I thought it's full name was Gundam Epyon.
>>
>>13508055
It's old news
>>
>>13508055

If it had a v-fin no-one would even be questioning the moniker. As is, there's been several no v-fin Gundams along with several that have the bulk of the Gusion and many more with non-standard color schemes. It's really not any kind of exception at this point.
>>
>>13508028
Are you surprised? So far the entire show has been a random space anime with the Gundam name thrown on.
>>
File: GundamPepe.png (129KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
GundamPepe.png
129KB, 360x406px
>>
>>13508055
>that little fork emblem on the skirt
It's so cute! Guison best girl!
>>
What took you so long fampai?
>>
>>13508094

So what defines a Gundam anime to you?
>>
>>13508094
That's actually pretty true.
>>
>>13508094

> Earth in contention with one of it's colonies over independence

Check

> Youth inheriting the problems of previous generations

Check

> War being an inescapable facet of human nature that fucks up everyone involved on some level

Check

> Near future sci-fi that doesn't use anything too unreal at least in terms of technology to keep it vaguely grounded

Check

Really, all it's missing is a newtype analogue and the Alaya-Vijnana system is probably standing in for that. Not to mention that they almost never show up early in the show anyways, so it not being present isn't unexpected.

Really now, what's it actually missing to be a "proper" Gundam show?
>>
>>13508141
>Really, all it's missing is a newtype analogue and the Alaya-Vijnana system is probably standing in for that

I'd say the A-V system is basically psychoframe + cyber newtypes, so, yeah, that's covered pretty well.

>>13508055
This is one is actually a standard MS - not a Gundam. Man Rodi is mass produced... or at least produced on some level.

Also, I'm surprised how little discussion there is about the Ars Goetia and Demonology considering how this is the central theme of the Gundam MS design.
>>
>>13508129
>>13508141
Needs more lightsabers desu
>>
ITT

>I didn't watch G reco or know that much about the extended universe
>all gundams have to have a V fin, goatee, and be red,white&blue
>>
>>13508028
We've also reached the point where faggots like you will bitch and moan about everything
>>
File: 012817vr4gsfdelseg4y8d.jpg (323KB, 1600x1269px) Image search: [Google]
012817vr4gsfdelseg4y8d.jpg
323KB, 1600x1269px
>>13508028
>>13508059
We've been through this time and time again.

In the real world (as in, not an in-universe distinction), a Gundam is a Gundam if and only if it is referred to one by Bandai/Sunrise, usually on the boxart of its model kit. No other characteristic or quality is sufficiently broad or shared by all Gundams. For example:

Hyaku Shiki - Not a Gundam
Delta - Gundam
Delta Plus - Not a Gundam
Delta Kai - Gundam

There's no rhyme or reason except for the fact that some executive decided (A) is a Gundam and (B) isn't.
>>
>ITT: waaaah why can't all Gundam shows be exactly the same
>>
>>13508196
>and be red,white&blue

SOME SUITS ARE BORN
MADE TO WEAR THE FLAG

UHHH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE WOAOWOWOOO
>>
File: 1443021448175.jpg (424KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1443021448175.jpg
424KB, 600x800px
>>13508055
this is what it looks like under all that armor.
so yeah...Gundam, same as Barbatos.
>>
File: warf.png (76KB, 181x288px) Image search: [Google]
warf.png
76KB, 181x288px
>>13508028
>My face when imagining them equipping some of these parts to Barbatos.
>>
>>13508055
Go back to your containment thread, Snapfag-kun
>>
>>13508196
What's Reco have to do with it? Gundams have been widely varied as far back as G Gundam.
Zeus, Ez8, Justice, Bolt, GunEZ, Heaven's Sword, Psyco Mk II, Dark Hound, Virtue, there's lots of Gundams that don't look like *that* Gundam. G-Reco didn't invent that.
>>
So this guy and the mass produced version (Man Rodi) drop next month. What do you think their story will be? I think the little fork represents a faction we haven't seen yet.
>>
>>13508276
It was just a recent example that had pretty much 0 defining characteristics of a gundam. Dont be an autist about it.
>>
I don't see any reason why that can't be a Gundam just like I don't see any reason why the Zeta and Delta Plus aren't Gundams.

Bandai Logic, man.
>>
>>13508233
I wonder how that works. Is it the same size as the Barbatos? Because it looks a bit short. Is the frame hunched over? Like, I can believe the Kimaris uses the same frame, but not the Gusion.
>>
>>13508303
Guess we'll find out when the Gunpla arrives.

>>13508297
You mean Zeta Plus and Delta Plus? Clarity, man, it's important. I'd assume mass production is a clear disqualifier. There are however many Delta Pluses and three Zeta Pluses. Hyaku Shiki, otoh, is probably just made from the shell of the scrapped Delta Gundam prototype... which makes it Ez8 territory?
>>
>>13508028
So just because it's overweight, it can't be a Gundam? Take your fat-shaming elsewhere, shitlord.
#gundamatanysize
#thisisgothicmadeprivilege
>>
>>13508190
No, That's Gundam Gusion, Man Rodi is anther thing altogether
>>
>>13508028
So it's a big guy, what of it?
>>
>>13508346
Yeah, realized that later. I get them mixed up.
>>
File: susumu1.jpg (29KB, 407x411px) Image search: [Google]
susumu1.jpg
29KB, 407x411px
>>13508339
10/10
>>
>>13508096
oh god I laughed way harder than I should have.
>>
>>13508048
Saying Hyaku isn't a Gundam is like saying Delta Kai isn't a Gundam. And the Wing in-universe categorization for Gundams is define by materials: Gundanium. Which Epyon was built with.
>>
>>13508071
It actually HAS a sorta v-fin suggestion tho. It's a cool variation on the moniker I think, particularly with the inner gundam it carries with it.
>>
>>13508206
>There's no rhyme or reason except for the fact that some executive decided (A) is a Gundam and (B) isn't.
It is even more amazing in CE, where technically the term Gundam is unofficial and only a nickname used by a few characters. Other than box art, there is no in-universe description of CE Gundams AS Gundams.
>>
>>13508625
It's pretty obvious that Gundams are determined their OS. If a Zaku were to be outfitted with the right operating system, it too could be a Gundam.
>>
>>13508646
>It's pretty obvious that Gundams are determined their OS. If a Zaku were to be outfitted with the right operating system, it too could be a Gundam.
But they don't even call Freedom, Justice, Destiny, etc as Gundams in-show. A reference is made once in a while but that's it.
>>
>>13508774
Yeah, it's weird and sloppy. You think they could have at least referred to them as, I dunno, Gundam class mobile suits or something as a way of grouping them together. Make any one-off MS with phase shift technology qualify as a Gundam.
>>
>>13508544

Epyon looks as Gundam as anything. It's just mostly red instead of parade colors is all.
>>
>>13508028
The inner frame thing is actually a more consistent criteria for what makes IBO's gundams Gundams than any prior series, save Wing

but people still buggin because they don't have v-fins
>>
>>13508784
>Yeah, it's weird and sloppy. You think they could have at least referred to them as, I dunno, Gundam class mobile suits or something as a way of grouping them together. Make any one-off MS with phase shift technology qualify as a Gundam.
My belief is that Fukuda couldn't explain why Gundams are used by both sides of the war, so he decided to avoid the issue entirely by not bringing attention to it.
In CE Gundams are mysteriously rare when the plot demands it, and yet mass produced for no reason in other times. All because Fukuda wanted as many Gundams as possible, thinking that "Gundams sell better as modelkits". But he doesn't realise that what is important is making sure the MS is cool. Most CE Gundams never get to do ANYTHING cool.
>>
>>13508291
You refusing to admit you're wrong doesn't make the other person an autist.
>>
>>13508206
WHY DID THEY DO TO THAT POOR BLUE ASTRAY FRAME
>>
>>13508847
For some reason of all the crap in SEED Destiny, the fact that ZAFT built more Gundams while all their other suits were monoeye triggered my autism the hardest.
>>
File: 1424971571329.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1424971571329.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>A Gundam
>>
In-universe, the name "Gundam" refers to the inner frame, not what you bolt on top. The Barbatos just happens to look like what we consider a "traditional" Gundam.
>>
Seriously? Everyone's complaining about it doesn't look like a Gundam and no one has made the connection it casts off for its internal form ?
>>
File: g-lucifer chimaira.jpg (643KB, 1604x1204px) Image search: [Google]
g-lucifer chimaira.jpg
643KB, 1604x1204px
>>13508901
>>
>>13508927
There's been nothing to even hint that it does.
>>
File: froggyGendem.jpg (58KB, 400x404px) Image search: [Google]
froggyGendem.jpg
58KB, 400x404px
>>13508028
>>
>>13508028
Shut up, faggot, let Biscuit enjoy his fatty gendem
>>
>>13508954
Supplemental material that's been posted actually states that and they show the gundam frames and how they'll be upgraded.
The show actively talks about the gundam frame.
>>
>>13508973

You know, I just realized that none of the mobile suits we've seen in IBO so far seem to be equipped with any kind of vulcan weapon. Is this the first?
>>
>>13509018
I thought the Gundam or Graze used vulcans in the first space battle?
>>
>>13508331
Victory Gundam and ground type in 08th are gundams that are mass produced
>>
>>13508847
I'm not sure Fukuda wanted Gundam spam so much as Bandai did. Let's not forget the lessons of G and Wing.

As for explaining why they got used on either side, all they'd have to do is design the ZAFT Gundams with more ZAFT-y design cues. I mean, shit, Destiny wasn't a guarantee, so why weren't Freedom, Justice, and Providence more Guiaz like? Gaia was reasonably ZAFT-ish, but the sister units weren't. Destiny, on the other hand, was far enough removed from the OMNI suits that it could be called ZAFT-like.
>>
>>13509013
>Supplemental material that's been posted actually states that
Where? The only thing I've seen on material related to the Gusion is that it's a heavy assault spec MS and uses the gundam frame. Nothing about it having a cast off feature.
>>
>>13509087
For the Victory types, I'd just argue that it's so far removed from everything that the name no longer mattered.

As for the Ground type, we arrive at the opposite problem: since they ran concurrent with the original Gundam, but were inferior to the Gundam and the GM, they were clearly Gundams in name only but that name had yet to be established.

Hell, Guncannon was more of a Gundam than those shitboxes.
>>
>>13509018
I think they might be lasers, bro. Or they're thrusters.... the head, chest, and leg nozzles all kind-of look the same.

Maybe that's how it uses the hammer? Fires off the thrusters to provide thrust and uses its natural girth and weight to provide momentum.
>>
I thought the machines in IBO's setting that can be called Gundams are the ones with the special twin ahab reactor design, which were 72 nearly unique machines
>>
>>13509279
They are. Inspired by the 72 ranked demons in the Ars Goetia. Barbatos, Kimaris, and Gusion are all listed.
>>
>>13508028
I like that hammer, I wanna paint it gold and give it to my Tryon-3.
>>
>>13509110
>For the Victory types, I'd just argue that it's so far removed from everything that the name no longer mattered.
Both the LM and Zanscare recognize the name and know that it referred to legendary mobile suits. Chronicle even says that it's kind of bad to call it a Gundam because it implies Zanscare will lose the war (legends being that the faction with the Gundam typically comes out victorious) so he prefers to call it "white bastard" (shiroi yatsu).

>As for the Ground type, we arrive at the opposite problem: since they ran concurrent with the original Gundam, but were inferior to the Gundam and the GM, they were clearly Gundams in name only but that name had yet to be established.
The RX-79 units aren't inferior to the RX-78 if we go by the specs. It's just the animation style, storyboarding, and direction of 08th MS Team that showed nearly all battles in the OVA as being slower and plodding than most other shows for the "gritty realism" aesthetic.

>Hell, Guncannon was more of a Gundam than those shitboxes.
Sure... except it's a Guncannon.
>>
I am a Gundam. You can be one too.
>>
>>13509296
>The RX-79 units aren't inferior to the RX-78 if we go by the specs.
Isn't the ground type made with common material rather than Luna Titanium? They seemed to get way more fucked up than Amuro's Gundam ever did. They also have that overheating issue due to their one vent getting replaced with a gun.

As for the Victory, that legendary aspect is why I don't really give it any real weight. Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, Victory may as well be considered an alt-UC AU the way X is. Until they go out of their way to fill in the details between F91 and Victory, hell F91 and Unicorn would be a nice start, then I just don't consider it connected to the rest of UC. I know that there are novels and manga and shit, but that stuff always exists as secondary to the animated content.
>>
File: heat hawk.jpg (405KB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
heat hawk.jpg
405KB, 640x1920px
>>13509330
>Isn't the ground type made with common material rather than Luna Titanium? They seemed to get way more fucked up than Amuro's Gundam ever did.
Nope, the RX-79 models are still made of luna titanium. I think showing them getting fucked up was part of the "realistic military" factor. That and Amuro being a newtype allowed him to evade a lot of incoming attacks, but the ones that did hit Amuro's RX-78 still did damage like the heat hawk cutting into the side of the body and Ramba Ral slicing open the cockpit.

Even then, the RX-79 suits still withstood a huge amount of bullshit damage. Shiro's unit was scraped against the side of a canyon and although it lost some limbs, the chest and backpack were totally fine, although those were the parts directly sandwiched between the canyon's rock wall and the Apsalus. Even after falling off a cliff and having the reactor overheat and breach itself, they took it back to base and fixed it up into the EZ8.

IIRC in episode 2, Sanders deploys in the RX-79 for the first time and remarks how much better it is than the GM he was using in episode 1. His RX-79 gets hit in the leg by Magella tank cannon fire and although damaged, it wasn't destroyed or penetrated all of the way though.

In the "Battle in Three Dimensions" animated clip on the 08th MS Team BD, Karen's RX-79 takes a Magella cannon shot to the chest and is undamaged, but she is knocked unconscious by the impact. Shiro's EZ8 takes a similar shot to the chest and is absolutely fine with no scratches.

>Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, Victory may as well be considered an alt-UC AU the way X is. Until they go out of their way to fill in the details between F91 and Victory, hell F91 and Unicorn would be a nice start, then I just don't consider it connected to the rest of UC.
Uhm... they don't need to link the stories for it to be canon and fit into the timeline. I mean, there exist no similar links for CCA to F91 either, or even 08th MS Team to 0083.
>>
>>13508847
>All because Fukuda wanted as many Gundams as possible, thinking that "Gundams sell better as modelkits".
You have a good point about the mobile suit needing to to DO cool things too, but he'd be right about that.
>>
>>13509018
unicorn in the novel didn't have vulcans in unicorn mode, only in destroy mode. the vulcans were added for the anime.
>>
File: smile back.png (91KB, 407x321px) Image search: [Google]
smile back.png
91KB, 407x321px
>>13509368
>In the "Battle in Three Dimensions" animated clip on the 08th MS Team BD

Didn't know that existed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
>>
>>13509097
Providence came from a Guaiz-like suit, the Freedom and Justice also came from that line. I'd think that the worse thing was zeonic ripoff designs.
>>
>>13509330
>fill in the details between F91 and Victory.
It's called Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam.
>>
>>13509097

Because the Guaiz design was the result of a contest to create a new MS for Seed. Freedom, Justice and Providence designs were already finalized by that time. That's why they don't share much in terms of design, with the exclusion of a later Seed MSV that included a prototype version of the Freedom railguns.
>>
>>13508028
I vastly prefer this over SEED/Wing/00 RX-78-2 pastas.
>>
>>13509304
Read more about it in his book "I Am Gundam And So Can You"
>>
>>13509485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUkYnt-DgGE

OZC and EG have subbed versions as part of recent torrent packs.
>>
>>13508028
I'm glad
I hope the trend continues and we get more unconventional designs in the gundam spotlight
Better than the G/wing/seed/00 era where everyone's got a gundam and they all look pretty much the same
>>
File: Rx-124-tr-6-inle.jpg (232KB, 1317x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-124-tr-6-inle.jpg
232KB, 1317x2048px
This is a Gundam.

See, it has a V-fin!
>>
>>13508028
>now

It happened 21 years ago m8.
>>
>>13508954
In one of the top secret new hg product images that have been leaked, there is clearly a gusion with its armor folded away
>>
>>13509330
No no no, Crossbone is not considered "secondary"
>>
File: Gosho Gundam.jpg (129KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Gosho Gundam.jpg
129KB, 480x640px
Uuchuu Space number 1 Gundam
>>
File: Bigzam-dwg4.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bigzam-dwg4.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
I bet Bandai got sick of everyone calling every MS a 'Gundam'.
>>
File: Pepe Phasma.jpg (186KB, 847x728px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Phasma.jpg
186KB, 847x728px
>>13508096
>>
>>13508028
Blame Rick Dias
>>
>>13509279
72 unique machines using a common twin ahab frame known as GUNDAM.
>>
>>13511064
Hmmm gundam you say?
where have i heard that name before
wait could it be?
THAT legendary mobile suit that is said to appear at times when great change is about to appear?
Hmmmm
now tell me again how these ahab reactors work, i wasnt listening the first time
>>
>>13508055
>yfw the armor purges like the Virtue/Seraphim
>>
>>13510680

You won't have any problem finding that secret image to share with the rest of the class then I assume.
>>
>>13511091
He was talking about the name barbatos then, not gundam.
>>
>>13511091

I don't think they outright stated how Ahab Reactors work in series more than once. It's basically IBO's version of Minovsky particles/GN Drives to explain away why humanoid machines are even close to a viable option for anything.
>>
>>13508055
How can this thing be using a Gundam frame? It's too wide and stout.
>>
>>13511204
That particular line was the most shameless wink wink nudge nudge at how cliche it is for the protags to have a gundam arbitrarily like that.

It's so often the symbolic knight in shining armor regardless of continuity.
>>
>>13511204
No, they were talking about the gundam type in general. That was right after they were talking about how they had never heard of an ms with that type of frame before and chocochar was describing how only 72 were made.
>>
>>13511204
>>13511240
Plus barbatos is supposed to have been sitting around in a state of disrepair for centuries, not popping up for random conflicts over the past 300 years.
>>
>>13508055
Pepe Gundam
>>
>>13511213
ahab waves son, didnt you know?
i bet this one has 4 reators
>>
>>13511248
Now I'm just imagining random wars going on over the course of 300 years and Old Man Barbecue popping his head up every now and then telling everyone to cut it out.
>>
>>13509368
They couldn't get Karen's VA in for some reason so she got knocked out conveniently.
>>
>>13508028
It even has a V Fin for fuck's sake, just to keep shits like you happy.

But nooooo, make something that isn't just a slight RX-78-2 redesign and people lose their shit.
>>
>>13508028
>>13513360
>everyone got upset about the skeletal Barbados
>in response we get the Guison, Banrise figuring we wanted a beefy Gundam
>they're still not happy
>>
>>13509018
None of the suits in AGE had vulcans IIRC
>>
It's not because it's fat that I hate it.
It's because it's not as sexy as the Turn X.
>>
>>13508028
Did you miss G Gundam 21 years ago, or what?
>>
>>13513737
You have absurdly high standards.
>>
>>13513721
Age-2 had them in Strider mode. Otherwise, the Clanches, Shaldolls, and Vagan MS are the only ones with proper vulcans.
>>
>>13513742
If you're gonna be fat and call yourself a Gundam, you better make it work.
>>
>>13508901
God, G-Reco was so fucking worthless.
>>
>>13510570
do you not see the gundam sitting in the center of the thing
>>
>>13508028
No
>>
>>13508028
Good. Few things are more annoying about Gundam than its slavish adherence to tradition. The sooner we get away from, "Gundam = red, white, and blue robot with v-fin armed primarily with a mid-range beam rifle and beam saber," the better.
>>
>>13513370
The fanbase for any series is never really happy or knows what they actually want. That's why you shouldn't try and cater to them in any media.
>>
File: 1447285704899.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447285704899.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>13514679
>why does Gundam always look like Gundam?
>I want my Gundam to be unique, original and nothing like Gundam at all!!
>>
File: Dat_BaundDoc.jpg (770KB, 977x1306px) Image search: [Google]
Dat_BaundDoc.jpg
770KB, 977x1306px
>>13511138
That is desirable and hype.
>>
File: Lack of originality.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lack of originality.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13514725
Your greentext can be translated as "Gundams should ALWAYS be knockoffs of the RX-78"
>>
File: BD & DVD_Vol_1_Sales.jpg (550KB, 2300x500px) Image search: [Google]
BD & DVD_Vol_1_Sales.jpg
550KB, 2300x500px
>>13514690
>The fanbase for any series is never really happy or knows what they actually want. That's why you shouldn't try and cater to them in any media.
The success of Destiny proves otherwise.
>>
File: 1447103733478.png (542KB, 602x533px) Image search: [Google]
1447103733478.png
542KB, 602x533px
>>13514729
Maybe, like, this is only a suggestion, but you know what they say... if you don't like the Gundam, you should go watch other shit that isn't isn't Gundam?
Maybe you don't realize it, bu there are other shows that feature big robots and shit, it used to be a whole genre, I mean, OK, its not that big anymore, but they still make a bunch, you know?
Jus' saying.
>>
>>13514755
>bu
>Jus'
Did your "T" key broke or something? And your condescending shit does not answer my comment. In fact, it proves it.
>>
File: 516927.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
516927.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>13514750
this
>>
>>13514750
Gunota hate Destiny, salesfag.
>>
>>13514764
It only proves yer tired of Gundam and probably should stop watching it, that goes for most of /m/ really.
>>
>>13514783
>>13514755
Oh, now I see where you're coming from. Beat it back to >>>/co/, dipshit.
>>
File: 1447539369762.jpg (142KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1447539369762.jpg
142KB, 720x576px
>>13514786
nice argument

but go on, whine like a little bitch, keep complaining why McDonald's won't sell Tacos and Sushi to you and how yer SOOOO tired of Big Macs.
>>
>>13514774
>Gunota hate Destiny, salesfag.
A number of things to clarify:
1) "Gunota" is a catchall term for "Gundam otaku". Those are unconditional fanboys, who love anything Gundam BECAUSE it's Gundam (eg. Sei Iori). You're probably thinking of the middle-aged UC fans for whom Unicorn was made.
2) Gunota are only a margin of the audience. You cannot make a TV series and only cater to them. That's for whom stuff like Thunderbolt is for. And since we're arguing with a /co/ reject, an example: despite having an edgy motherfucker like David Ayer as director, WB cannot afford to NOT make Suicide Squad a PG-13 movie.
3) Although everything else sold poorly, Destiny spawned Strike Freedom, an enormously popular unit that has gotten toys on each and every line available from Bandai.
>>
File: Turn A - Turn X concepts (2).jpg (1MB, 786x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Turn A - Turn X concepts (2).jpg
1MB, 786x1037px
>>13514794
You're confusing the corporate dictum of Sotsu (who worship the RX-78 and have milked it for almost 40 years) with the intents of the creative staffers, starting with Tomino himself. He's the one who always wanted to innovate beyond the stupid clichés that the suits adore: Zeta's overall shape looks nothing like the RX-78, and Turn A's main units were designed by a freaking westerner.
>>
>>13514828

>Turn A's main units were designed by a freaking westerner.

And are the most hated designs in all of Gundam outside of /m/.
>>
I thought it was the Japanese autists that ruined Syd Mead's renewal of Gundam, but it seems the same disease is spread widely.
>>
>>13514845
before i got into gundam the turn a was the only main gundam design that interested me
and the majority of the people that hate the turn a hate it for the same 'not muh gundam' reason like in this thread
>>
>>13514828
Actually, most AU gundam are Nu variants, not RX78.
And what's the point of posting Turn-X, when the antagonist suits were always the more creative in terms of mech design.
Turn A despite the 'stache pretty much fits in with the others after the "Gundam'' coloring job.
>>
>>13514863
Turn A is the best gendems after 0079, how'd they "ruin" it?
>>
File: 1447709111974.gif (445KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447709111974.gif
445KB, 400x300px
>>13514863
>autists
That's Casuals, retard.
We're the autists who obsess and bicker over mecha mechanical minutia.

It's the general audience who only have the vague hazy memory of First Gundam that spout, "But that doesn't look like Gundam, does it??"
>>
>>13514907
Complaining about how it's not similar to RX-78.
You know that article which floats around about Tomino saying Syd Mead is a mistake? If people bothered to read it, then they'd know that he was talking about how the negative reaction to the design of the Turn A was what he was talking about.
>>
>>13508141
It even has a princess and a pedophile blonde rival.
>>
File: 1447641652493.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1447641652493.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>13514991
>mfw when BEAM SPAM around ~20th ep
>>
>>13514883
>Actually, most AU gundam are Nu variants, not RX78.
Not really. As far as weapons load and color scheme, the template is usually RX-78. Nu is only when you have funnels/bits (Strike Freedom, Reborns, 00Q, AGE-FX).
>>
>>13514679
>The sooner we get away from, "Gundam = red, white, and blue robot with v-fin armed primarily with a mid-range beam rifle and beam saber,"
And shield. That adherence to traditional loadout is what irks me the most about Freedom. Why does it need a fucking rifle when it already has enough long range fuck-you weapons? That rifle irks me for the pointless reasons.
Especially this sequence, where the goddamn rifle and shield fucking FOLLOW the Freedom after undocking from Meteor.
>>
>>13514952
>You know that article which floats around about Tomino saying Syd Mead is a mistake? If people bothered to read it, then they'd know that he was talking about how the negative reaction to the design of the Turn A was what he was talking about.
Bullshit.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/08/28/gundam-creator-expresses-disappointment-over-current-state-of-anime-voice-acting/
>Actually, somewhere along the line I felt like there was something a little off with the designs he’d submitted, but by that time things were too far along to change their trajectory.
>I felt
Tomino's opinion, not the reaction to them.
>>
>>13514729
Each of these has distinct features that separates them from the original Gundam. In fact, V, Strike, Impulse and GP03 look nothing like the RX-78-2, and with the exception of AGE-1 and maybe the 0 Gundam, every other one in there has some justification as to why they have some similarity to it.

>>13514870
I don't like Turn A's shape. Never liked it. Not only that, but I also think that the mustache looks stupid and I always find it strange that /m/ likes to harp on about Katoki proportions when Turn A has similar proportions
>>
>>13515090
There's kinda a dead zone a ways in front of the Freedom, the beam rifle covers that blind spot at range.

Of course when they give Strike Freedom a belly cannon they also opt to give it two beam rifles!
>>
>>13515216
0 Gundam is a homage. Also it's the first gundam of CB, like RX-78 was the first gundam.
AGE-1 is most likely a homage as well
>>
File: CoolScottyAuks.jpg (599KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
CoolScottyAuks.jpg
599KB, 800x999px
When will you nerds learn
>>
>>13514845
>And are the most hated designs in all of Gundam
Nips and weeaboos are autists who scream and hit themselves if things change. What of it?
>>
>>13509087
So is the Mk-II.
>>
>>13516296
Nope. There were only three Mk-IIs made, this is stated in-series. One was piloted by Kamille, one was sent back to AEUG/Anaheim/whoever for study, and the third was stripped for parts to keep Kamille's working.
>>13509087
Ground Gundam is limited production, only 30 existed. Granted, even fewer than that were shown for the Victory, GunEZ, and Gunbrastor, but they're supposedly fully mass-produced rather than being a limited run. iirc, the only reason that the Ground Gundam was limited production is that they were built from parts intended for the RX-78 and they built as many as they could from the parts they had and the RX-78 was never mass produced because a "refined" design, the RG-79, replaced it.

note that in Gundam, "refined" means "cheaper" not "improved"
>>
>>13508303
It's probably like the Hulkbuster armor
>>
File: Gundam_Barbatos.png (189KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Barbatos.png
189KB, 847x1200px
This is NOT a gundam.
No beam saber = no gundam
>>
File: Nether Gundam.png (285KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Nether Gundam.png
285KB, 500x374px
>>13516914
Ahem.
>>
>>13513909
It's pretty hard to make out in his defense.
>>
>>13516411
>they were built from parts intended for the RX-78

They were built from project V parts, not just the RX-78-2. Project V involved a lot of different prototypes.
>>
File: bahning gandam.png (139KB, 345x634px) Image search: [Google]
bahning gandam.png
139KB, 345x634px
>>13516914
>>
File: 6336500420_5e46b15bef.jpg (65KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
6336500420_5e46b15bef.jpg
65KB, 500x254px
>>13516954
not even a mech
go home sekai
>>
File: captain jack spallow-mag82.jpg (49KB, 528x480px) Image search: [Google]
captain jack spallow-mag82.jpg
49KB, 528x480px
>>13516914
Beams aren't always a good thing.
>>
>>13516954
>literally just a toy even in its own show
>>
File: gat-x105.jpg (65KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gat-x105.jpg
65KB, 400x400px
>>13516914
>>13516975
Armor schneiders and other MS-sized knives are pretty great.
>>
>>13516974
>>13516978
Yes, and it is also a Gundam.
>>
>>13516974
>>13516978
>IBO-fags getting upset their beloved main MS is getting compared to a toy
>>
>>13516985
They are fucking stupid. How the fuck can a non-heated blade cut through armor? Replace them with MS-sized plasma cutters or some shit.
>>
>>13517061
Applying high pressure on a small point of contact can get you a lot of mileage. Just look at how a can opener works.
>>
>>13517061
They vibrate, man.
>>
>>13517068
doesnt the speed effect how it pierces though?
>>
>>13517096
It's mostly a matter of sufficient force.
>>
>>13517068
>>13517104
Nothing has the tensile strength to pull that off on an armored target. Not as a knife, at least. It doesn't have the force or velocity to do that without breaking first.

>>13517089
That's 00, not SEED.
>>
>>13517134
>he thinks 00 was the first series with vibrating blades
Go read the PG Strike's manual.
>>
>>13517144
Gunpla manuals are dumping grounds for idiocy. See the way the Strike Freedom's origins have been retconned over and over.
>>
>>13517061
Impact velocity, draw-force (especially if driven chain or resonating), thermal energy, static excitation... Its all about introducing energy surpassing the net nuclear bonding energy limitation.

Given that its a blunt high mass object relative to rounds, even the most basic velocity is going to translate force armor isn't designed to handle.

Ever seen what happens when you take a sledgehammer to a military grade kevlar jacket?

It fractures and shatters like glass.

A smart option would be to put what's basically a glorified thrust-pipe running through the thing and pump plasma through the interior from the mobilesuit's palm. Use it as a kind of apogee, with the palm as a point of leverage and you could come up with swings with force basic manipulation can't even dream of. Pair this with a wire or cable to pass the plasma and a winch system and you've got yourself something pretty frightening if you know what you're doing given the translational leverage you can achieve.

Think of it as the difference between hitting someone with a big ball of metal, then putting the ball on a chain and swinging it around. Then add thrusters.

...This sounds familiar for some reason, doesn't it?
>>
>>13517016
The sad part is that people will fall for this lazy bait.
>>
File: file.png (332KB, 359x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
332KB, 359x400px
>>13508646
>It's pretty obvious that Gundams are determined their OS. If a Zaku were to be outfitted with the right operating system, it too could be a Gundam.

But that already happened.
>>
>>13508141
>Really now, what's it actually missing to be a "proper" Gundam show?
Newtype expys and a Char Clone.

Then everyone will get bingo on their NOT MUH GUNDAM cards and still not be happy.
>>
>>13508055
The bumps on its head are a V fin but most is hidden by fat. It's like when you are a fat guy and your dick goes from average to 2 centimeters hidden in your crotch folds.

He's got head vulcans like the regular Gundam and Gundam eyes. The Torso is seperated a bit like regular Gundam. He's got crotch armour with squares that were yellow on the RX-78He's even got the V on the crotch too. He's got extremely typical RX-78 feet as well. There's more I'm not bothering listing but yeah.

Guys give me a lineart of this thing and I'll fucking show you that its a Gundam. The green colourscheme is the only thing tha tmakes itlook like a grunt.
>>
>>13517421
Basically it's like taking a Gundam and layer DOM armour pieces over the top of it.
>>
>>13508028
I haven't bothered with the new Gundam, it doesn't really catch my eye beyond the mecha designs.
But from what little I know, all Gundams in this new show use one universal frame.

So what actually makes them a Gundam is considerably more defined than it is in many AU series.
That is unless they decide to throw away that rule.
>>
>>13508028
Maybe the horns/pitchfork motifs are a reference to the RX-78-2's moniker? White Devil.
>>
File: 1447634352438.jpg (107KB, 677x780px) Image search: [Google]
1447634352438.jpg
107KB, 677x780px
>>13517421
ok
>>
File: fa10_36.jpg (98KB, 833x550px) Image search: [Google]
fa10_36.jpg
98KB, 833x550px
>>13511213
>>13508303
Could be like Frame Arms, where they use bits of the frame in different configurations.
I think one of the Frame Arms with wider hips even has the frame do a hand-stand inside the armor.
>>
>>13517155
Its not really a retcon if they just keep adding sentences that dont conflict with each other
>>
>itt people cant deduce a design that is clearly going to purge its outer appearance and reveal your stereotypical gundam look
>>
>>13517991
But I like Pepe Gundam...
>>
>>13508190
>Also, I'm surprised how little discussion there is about the Ars Goetia and Demonology considering how this is the central theme of the Gundam MS design.

Gundam Wing never once mentioned the Zodiac signs and what they meant, nor did they ever once mention horoscopes. So I doubt thye ever intend on elaborating the origin of the Gundam's names. It's just to sound cool.
>>
>>13509018
Turn A didnt have vulcans
>>
>>13517991
Virtue 2.0?
>>
>>13508544
You do know the mercius or whatever those notgrunts are made of gundanium too right?
If bandai says its a gundam its a gundam.
Even in crossbone theres a part where gundam is just a designation for morale.
>>
>>13518368
It's also the entire reason the federation in Victory used the Gundam name and face, to spook all those dirty spacenoids
>>
File: 346457y3e757654.png (23KB, 1037x671px) Image search: [Google]
346457y3e757654.png
23KB, 1037x671px
>>13517991
this anon is right. i drew how the the guison will look when it inevitably purges its armour. Anon you are a genius, anyone who cant see that it will clearly purge its armour is a retard
>>
File: 1737.jpg (106KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1737.jpg
106KB, 426x640px
Is this gundam? It clearly says so right?
>>
>>13518685
yfw its just barbatos with rx head
>>
>>13516975
Based spallow
>>
>>13518802
I am confused
>>
File: 1100barbato8.jpg (39KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
1100barbato8.jpg
39KB, 600x852px
so with the aila's vagina system does user only have awareness of the frame and not the armour pieces?
>>
>>13508043
although it never says it's gundarium, then again it's just a model name for the frame i guess.
>>
>>13516914
beam saber fights are too cliche, the beam is always more powerful than any other weapon and always ends the fight.
>>
>>13514845
I don't like the turn a because it's ugly. Sue me.
>>
>>13518829
same ball joint, now has vulcans.
>>
>>13518992

What kind of dumbass question is that? The system is plugged in to the computer, not in to the frame specifically.
>>
>>13519966
what was the whole "there are no thrusters on a human body" thing about?
>>
>>13518770
EXVS when?
>>
>>13519994
The system lets you move the ms more like your own body, with finer control than without it. Mika was doing this to dodge shots, but the human body doesn't have a big backpack sticking out of the back of it. Mika wasn't taking this into account which was causing it to take some hits the main body dodged. McGillis notices this and started targeting it.
>>
>>13515304

S.C.O.T.T.

Super Cool Only Touches Titties
>>
>>13519994

Mika is not used to piloting a mobile suit, so when he's fighting Gaelio McGillis notes that the thrusters are one area he's not protecting as well as everywhere else - since he's not used to having them. As soon as McGillis starts deliberately targeting them though Mika realizes what he's doing and starts compensating for it by paying more attention that that area.

The Alaya-Vijnana plugs the user in to the unit's computer, which is why as soon as Barbatos started up Mika was aware that it was the Gundam Barbatos. He can feel and to some degree control what the computer is connected to, which includes the frame and armor.
>>
>>13520046
So for anyone that missed it
Mika is a n00b using kb/m controls and everyone else is stuck with gen1 Xboxheug controllers.

Expect Aila's Vagina antagonist pilots.
>>
>>13520068
>Guts wielding the Duke
>THAT CONTROLLER WAS TOO BIG TO BE CALLED A CONTROLLER
>>
>>13520068
It would be hilarious if notchar decides to undergo aila's vagina treatment to be able to keep up with mechazuki in battle but he just dies during the operation
>>
>>13520068

Nah, the point is that Mika is experienced, but he's experienced using a system that allows for a greater degree of situational awareness and fine control at the cost of increased mental strain. Within the actual show this is off-set by the fact his enemies have units that are more modern and in many ways better than his own. Well, that and the fact that there's normally more of them than Tekkadan units. The Gundam Barbatos has two ahab reactors and an alaya-vijnana system, but is worse is just about every other way. It's slower, has clunkier weapons and so on. Even then, it's alaya-vijnana system is bodged in and isn't operating all that smoothly by the sounds of things. Which is why you have McGillis and Crank commenting on the fact that it's Mika that makes it such a threatening enemy, not the unit itself. And why hungry-girl this episode was able to dominate the fuck out of it, because her unit was just plain faster and better.

Hell, the fact it has two ahab reactors as opposed to the one modern units use has yet to have any actual effect on things. No-one has commented on it or if it's a better thing in any way, shape or form to my recollection. The Graze and other modern units may even have more efficient ones that equal or outperform it's two in output for all we know. It's unlikely, but it is possible and if there is an inherent advantage it can't be all that great given how it's not been notable so far.
>>
>>13520106
He literally can't. It can only be done on children while their bodies are still growing/developing. Presumably adult bodies can't adequately adapt to the implants and reject them.

>>13520068
I actually liked the big controllers better since I have big hands.
>>
>>13520132
Barbatos was shown to be physically stronger than the Graze during the fight against Crank (Forced it back when they were pushing against each other to Crank's disbelief). Its also supposed to be operating at levels far below its original spec due to centuries of neglect and none of the groups current mechanics being knowledgabe enough to restore it fully (Jupiter is going to fully restore it according to the model).
>>
>>13508213

glorious
>>
>>13515027

I think I remember seeing something where they said beam weapons weren't happening. Everything uses ballistic rounds.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.