[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about Overman King Gainer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1432716007873.jpg (36KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
1432716007873.jpg
36KB, 640x352px
What does /m/ think about Overman King Gainer?
>>
>>13506908
Fucking loved it, needed more episodes to explain a bit of the plot better but what we got was pretty fun.

I wish it was brought back in Z3 though.
>>
It was fun.
I'd kill for a movie about them actually reaching Yapan where King Gainer either fights XAN, gets remodeled to XAN to gets an upgrade.

Also an upgrade for Esperanza using all those spare Brunhilde parts left over after the Overdevil destroyed it.
>>
The episodes dealing with the early Exodus movement were sadly rather pointless and the Overdevil came kind of out of the left field as well.
>>
>>13506947
>Overdevil came out of left field
Dude what? Shit was hinted at during the Brunhilde episodes.

And then the entire last arc of the series is about it for the most part.
>>
>>13506908
Not terrible, but not great.

Just okay.
>>
I love organic mechas, so I really liked the designs. Also, robodreads.
>>
>>13506970
Define a "great" mecha.
>>
>>13507004
In my opinion? Something like Votoms or LoGH.

As far as Tomino works go, 0079, Xabungle or Turn A.
>>
File: 1413525197597.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1413525197597.webm
3MB, 720x480px
Good animation. I thought it would be more like a road movie than mostly interchangeable goofy stuff in Siberia when I started.
>>
>>13506947
They literally spent over half the series building up to the Overdevil. You might as well say anything came out of left field if you're going to be like that.
>>
>>13507014
>LoGH
>Mecha

Sci Fi =/= Mecha

Well, at least you didn't say Gurren Lagann so you can have whatever faggy opinion you want.
>>
>>13507004
Great Mazinger
Gaiking the Great
Just a couple of examples.
>>
>>13507020
Wow, awfully defensive over King Gainer, aren't you?
>>
>>13507025
No, I just think people who use scales of Great, Okay, Shit are generally faggots.

It'd have shit on you if I'd seen that in a thread about a different show too.
>>
>>13507030
Do enlighten us as to how you rate things then.
>>
>>13506908
I was surpiried by a presence of the Siberia railway, also some Russian stuff like that woman's family name and protesters' posters were fun. Overall decent goofy Tomino, great quality for it's time, cute girls, good animation and designs (except the devil).
>>
>>13507030
>scales of Great, Okay, Shit
Those are English words, what's your problem? You're the one who sounds like an insecure faggot here, anon.
>>
>>13507037
3 Questions
Did I enjoy it?
Is it something that I can go into depth defending the quality of with clear examples of what makes it good?
Would I rewatch it?

As long as it passes 2 out of the 3 questions then it's generally a good show in my book.

A fourth question is : How obnoxious are the fans. That question has less to do with the quality of the show and more to do with how one should participate in discussions.
>>
>>13506908
Show was amazing; probably the best mecha series in the past 15 years.
>>
In the end I was rooting more for Kejinan, Enge and Jaboli's well being than the main characters'.
>>
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
KINGU GAINA
>>
My favorite silly tomino work
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.