[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to watch Victory now, I should expect ZZ or Z? Also the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: A39.jpg (364KB, 952x1252px) Image search: [Google]
A39.jpg
364KB, 952x1252px
Going to watch Victory now, I should expect ZZ or Z?
Also the opening and ending are pretty catchy.
>>
ZZ
>>
>>13506504
>I should expect ZZ or Z?
Expect the last two episodes of Zeta, stretched out to a full series. Death, depression, and suffering with only a small amount of comic relief from the baby and the dog.
Also be prepared for the single most adept and useful character in the entire Gundam franchise: Victory Haro, and the very best implementation of mass-production in the Gundam franchise. Oh, and battleships that roll around like mile long motorcycles. Can't forget that.
Seriously, though, nearly everyone in this series dies horribly or goes completely insane. Have fun.
>>
Mostly Z
Actually fuck that, it's halfway towards Ideon: Be Invoked
>>
File: lelmotherhoodinvictory.png (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lelmotherhoodinvictory.png
1MB, 640x480px
Expect a pretty whacky story under analysis told complete straight like >>13506577

There'll be a lot of unexpected fun.
>>
The grim of Zeta mixed with the wacky of ZZ
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTOplYCfKTA
>>
expect Z's "I don't give a fuck because I am not part of a real army" thing a lot.
also >>13506577, I have never seen a show where the haro is more than just a dumb mascot until Victory.

Also expect a lot of /ss/, if only this show is released in recent years, the amount of doujins on every character would be insane.

>or goes completely insane
Only one did, everyone else just dies.
>>
BD Disc 2 when?
>>
>>13506504
It's like Zeta but with a dash of ZZ thrown in if ZZ were actually funny.
>>
>>13507099
Soon

I hope
>>
>>13506504
it's actually a good series
unlike seed
>>
>>13507666
Seriously, fuck SEED.
>>
>>13506504
Expect Victory.
>>
Victory Gundam is my favorite. Who else feels the same way? Most Gundam series spend too much time on ideologies and have a sort of vague war is bad message overshadowed by UNDERSTANDING will solve everything. Victory just says fuck all that these are the horrors of war, oh and by the way here's the horrors of understanding each other too, it's terrifying when you understand crazy people.
>>
>>13506504
Think the last two episodes of Zeta for an entire series, with rare bits of ZZ's comedy to lighten things up a little bit. But only a little.

Pretty entertaining, and shows Tomino at his most depressed.
>>
>>13506504
ZZ of course.

That fishing episode.
>>
>>13507002

I forgot how fucking crazy Katejina was. Tomino makes the best characters.
>>
>>13509597
First episode hinted at it, but holy shit did it go far.
>>
>>13506504
>I should expect ZZ or Z?
Both.
>>
File: irony.png (225KB, 493x370px) Image search: [Google]
irony.png
225KB, 493x370px
>>13509597
>>13509627
>>
>>13506504
I don't get what you mean, but both.
>>
>>13509592
That rotting whale speech.
>>
Also when you start getting annoyed by Shakti, just remember that her mother was a crazy space feminist who filled her head with bullshit and honestly believed all of humanities struggles were because men were in charge.

Tomino probably made it a point that the two most violent and crazy characters IN Victory are women though
>>
>>13510782
To think that Tomino came up with crazy feminists before crazy feminists was a thing. Is he a genius...?
>>
So when the hell is EG releasing that next batch of episodes?
>>
>>13510789
>before
You need a history lesson.
>>
>tfw you want katejina to be your waifu but you know it's a bad idea
>>
I started watching it too. Is it worth waiting for the rest of the BD Rips or should I just go with the old stuff?
>>
>>13510877
There's nothing really wrong with the normal rips, I watched it on them and they're pretty okay.
I'm going to grab the BDs when they're ready regardless.
>>
>>13510782
But the whole motherly government schtick was a front, Dogatie was the real boss of the Zanscare, he was just using Queen Ammonia as a figurehead.
Also, almost everyone in Zascare was batcrap crazy in some way, not just women.
>>
>>13510871
fyi if she remains your waifu after the last ep you're an eternal faggot.
>>
>>13511859
>an eternal faggot
>not an wiener forever
>>
>>13511847
It is essentially what Scirocco had in mind for his rule, with a female figurehead
>>
>>13511859
Nigga, don't you discriminate against the blind. That ain't right.
>>
>>13510877
If it were any other show I'd just say wait for the BD rips but Victory just isn't that great looking to begin with so you're not missing out on much watching the DVD ones.
>>
File: shotaconvic.jpg (528KB, 704x3840px) Image search: [Google]
shotaconvic.jpg
528KB, 704x3840px
>>13510782

Victory has no coherent stance on feminism and it's another reason why the story is seemingly all over the place. We got two completely separate cases, ones who are connected to motherhood and care giving like Maria and Shakti, opposite of the violent prevalence in war that twists your psyche until the point of giving birth is foreign to you, who are completely ineffectual, manipulated, naive, lack power and get people killed due to incompetence. They're only good for child bearing because of sheer stupidity.

Then we have the women with power able to actually alter her surroundings represented by the ability to use mobile suits to pursue their goals. Note how twisted and extreme someone like Fuala, Lupe, or Katejina are, and how they're defined by their obsession with our young protagonist for the oddest reasons. In the end, it all comes down to some weird sexual relation to the conflict. The Shrike Team kind of fit, not as well as the aforementioned, and every Shrike team member dies horribly. Women with power, control over their lives, and in the pursuit of their own goals are doing it to seek male attention, and a lot are crazy cunts.

>>13509627

Katejina's development has little logical sense in the story. She's hot, but don't bullshit. The first episode did not hint at the crazy cunt you later see in the show.
>>
>>13512616
I would agree about Katejina, you can tell there is something off about her in the early episodes, but I can't see a clear through-line to her later madness
>>
>>13512710

I just don't like the utter lack of consistency or logic. Why wouldn't Tomino care to elaborate on such a character transformation? Was he mad?
>>
File: test your potential.jpg (65KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
test your potential.jpg
65KB, 1440x900px
>>13512616
>that time you bit my breast
posting for posterity.
>>
>>13506504
None
>>
>>13512756
As much as I love his shows, poorly explained betrayals are something of a mainstay.
>>
>>13514280
You mean neither
>>
>>13509592
v_gundam_budget.jpg
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.