[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I started watching the first episode of Macross II having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 6564390230104656.jpg (168KB, 1600x980px) Image search: [Google]
6564390230104656.jpg
168KB, 1600x980px
So I started watching the first episode of Macross II having never seen Macross I when space battle is about to start, the space fleet makes starts playing J-pop with a giant hologram of what I presume is the J-pop idol that is singing the song.

Why are they doing this and should I just go back and watch the first Macross?
>>
>>13505076
The whole series is one elaborate music video spanning multiple albums with a story in between that connects all the songs.
>>
>>13505076
You decided to start with the only macross thats skippable and non-cannon? what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>13505164
Literal retard he is.
>>
>>13505076
>should I just go back and watch the first Macross?

I would advise you to, yes. As much as >>13505164 has said, that Anon is right on all fronts.
>>
File: 1384324098617.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1384324098617.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
I'm going to come in and say stop now. this guy >>13505164 isn't wrong if you're actually wanting to drag yourself into the franchise. However, I'll tell you that in spite of being one of the pillars of the mecha genre, it's going to be a load of disappointment for you if you came here for the mechs. The whole franchise is skippable. If you just want mech action stick to DYRL and Plus. If you want generally weird Stonehenge Easter Island nonsense Give Zero a look you'll love it. If you want music watch the whole damn thing that's what the franchise is really about at the end of the day.

Knowing this reflect upon your future actions, and decide if you really want to be here.
>>
>>13505258
Ignore this idiot.
>>
>>13505076
Since everyone else is going to direct you to their favorite show, I'll go ahead and answer your question:
>Why are they doing this?
In the original series humanity makes contact with a race of 50ft humanoids. They are completely gender-segregated and know absolutely nothing but fighting. They even clean up broken glass with the butt of their rifles because they don't know what a broom even is.

So when this race of emotionally stunted giants reaches earth, they all basically have their first childhood crush on the same pop star at the same time, and since they'd never experienced music or short skirts before, their emotional response pretty much crippled their fighting ability, caused mass confusion, made them defect to our side, and so on. That's why they're playing the hologram, remnants of that race (the Zentradi) occasionally come across earth again and playing a pop video freaks them the fuck out.
>>
>>13505076
How could the answer to such a question be no?
>>
>>13505340
>It took 7 replies before someone actually addresses the question in the OP.

Stay classy, /m/.
>>
I'm pretty sure they actually explain the Minmay Attack in Macross II at some point.
>>
>>13505418
Sorry, I was too bust being flabbergasted that OP decided to watch the direct sequel of a series before the actual series
>>
>hmm, all these other Macross series have completely different titles and concepts from the original Macross
>I know, I'll start with the one named MACROSS FUCKING TWO, that definitely won't directly depend on anything else to understand
>>
>>13505440
You'd be surprised how many standalone series have nothing to do with the original. Worst case, they'd at least offer some exposition.
>>
>>13505435

Going by OP, it seems that OP decided to stop at Ep. 1 the moment OP achieved a level of flabbergasted identical to that encountered by Space War I Zentradi.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.