[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting into Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Gundam.jpg (28KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam.jpg
28KB, 300x225px
I loved 00, thought G was hilarious, liked Wing back when I was in High School, but dislike it now. I tried watching 0079 and didn't hate it, just got bored. Turn A was really weird and I disliked it. Where should I go next with Gundam?
>>
It seems you have shit taste. I'm sorry, there's nothing more we can do.
>>
Try these:
Gundam 0079 movies
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Gundam X
Gundam Build Fighters
Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
>>
>>13504764

I saw a bit of 0083 when it was on late night on CN, enjoyed what little I saw. I hear the 79 movies kinda miss a lot of important stuff. I also saw a few episodes of X, same kinda situation, didn't hate it, but got bored. Build Fighters and IBO seem a little kawaii~ for my tastes.

>>13504761
Is SEED as emo and awful as everyone says it is? If so, I'll probably like it
>>
>>13504774
The 0079 movies skip some minor stuff but is perfectly comprehensible on their own. I personally I prefer it to the series.

And yes, if you like shipping and melodrama SEED has it in spades.
>>
>>13504774
>I hear the 79 movies kinda miss a lot of important stuff
Not really.
>>
>>13504755
If you thought 079 was boring then you probably won't like the majority of Gundam.
>>
>>13504839

Granted I only watched the first 5 eps. Does it pick up after that point?
>>
>>13504869
Yes it REALLY picks up once they land on earth. I'd say wait until you finish episode 10 before you decide whether you like it or not.
>>
In my opinion, 0083 is the best series in the franchise.
>>
File: coreblockseperation.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
coreblockseperation.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13504959

In terms of high-budget, ludicrous shading, and hand drawn 80/90's goodness, 0083 is as good as it comes for Gundam i guess. Story and Characters a shit. Mecha designs good.
>>
File: dracjitte.webm (3MB, 714x480px) Image search: [Google]
dracjitte.webm
3MB, 714x480px
>>13505221
>>
>>13504755
>0079 and didn't hate it, just got bored. Turn A was really weird and I disliked it
Time to drop gundamu, senpai.
>>
File: Production_Order.jpg (899KB, 1600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Production_Order.jpg
899KB, 1600x1500px
>>
>>13504797
>>13504799
Fuck all you idiots who keep recommending the movies over the TV series

OP, if you don't have the patience to watch one relatively lower key series then the UC timeline probably isn't for you
>>
Even if you don't want to watch, watch!
>>
>>13505350
lel baby mad he wasted ten hours of his life on FUCKING NOTHING!
>>
>>13505365
Better stop watching children's cartoons and go be productive eh?
>>
>>13505221
>Story and Characters a shit.

I don't know...compared to all other Gundam series, I thought that they were no worse than of the other shows. No Newtype BS or 14yo Gary Stu MCs. It also fits well in the UC canon without having retcon anything making it great as a standalone series.

It did get fuckered up towards the end though, but not too bad.
>>
>>13505350
Nah. You can watch the movie and still get the gist of it. Subplots are just that: subplots. They help flush out a fictional universe and its characters, but ultimately, they don't matter.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.