[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate G Gundam, /m/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Warp.png (36KB, 370x730px) Image search: [Google]
Warp.png
36KB, 370x730px
Why do you hate G Gundam, /m/?
>>
>>13502125
Because it's shit.
>>
>>13502152
Just like you are, /m/.
>>
>>13502125
I don't
>>
>>13502125
fucking christ why does this board not have janitors
>>
No no no, not G Gundam. G-Reco. Important distinction to make.
>>
>>13502172
Because we never needed them, until recent. Maybe we should try to reach out to the new Admin? He seems really receptive.
>>
>>13502125
According to a poll made a few weeks ago it's one the less hated gundam shows on /m/.
>>
>>13502330
That's because /m/'s full of Gtards
>>
>>13502382
what is your point, no one asked if the show was good or not, the question was does /m/ like it or not
>>
>>13502402
>the question was does /m/ like it or not
>>13502125
>Why do you hate G Gundam, /m/?
>>
File: cockpit.jpg (1MB, 1750x1313px) Image search: [Google]
cockpit.jpg
1MB, 1750x1313px
All things considered G Gundam is probably the most realistic Gundam series. Trace Suits seem like a far more effective way to control humanoids for walking and melee combat than buttons, levers, and pedals and the tournament/ritual combat aspect explains why they're using bipeds instead of tanks and planes.
>>
>>13502486
>All things considered G Gundam is probably the most realistic Gundam series
>DBZ clone with gundams
>realistic
>>
The G-reco Try rivalry shifted /m/s gundam fandom out of appreciating hot blooded goodness.
>>
>>13502495
I didn't say it was realistic. I said it was more realistic when compared to a series where military space fighters have humanoid arms, legs, and heads for no clear reason and the best pilots are always untrained teenage civilians.
>>
>>13502407
in the poll you dummy
>>
>>13502518
>no clear reason
Maneuvering
>best pilots
Newtypes
>>
>>13502506
there never was any rivalry, there is no rivalry with the IBOys, just a few pathetic shits pissing off other pathetic shits
>>
File: p4gjz.jpg (23KB, 592x444px) Image search: [Google]
p4gjz.jpg
23KB, 592x444px
>>13502486
Isn't that Getter-1 cockpit from Armageddon?

Anyway the MTS doesn't make any sense at all, it's not like the Gunbuster where you're confined to one spot, you're free-moving. On top of that, it can detect usage of magical martial arts techniques like the Sekiha Tenkyoken, but wouldn't that wreck the cockpit? Nevermind how horribly inefficient it is to waste a ton of latex (and time) EVERY TIME you mount pilot. It's cool, but it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>13502317
>never needed them until recently

hi newfriend.
>>
>>13502172
>>13502317
Spend a month on /vr/ and you'll never want a janitor to touch this board. All they do is delete on topic threads and leave off topic threads about subjects they like up for weeks.
>>
>>13503610
So we're screwed either way is what you're saying.
>>
>>13503625
Pretty much. I'd just rather have the situation we got now where the few on topic threads we got actually stay up instead of /vr/ where the instant someone posts an opinion the janitor dislikes it dies to make way for another GBA thread. Imagine if this board got rid of any on topic threads that have decent discussion while leaving G Reco shitposting up for nearly a month.
>>
>>13502125
I dont hate it, just didn't like it THAT much. G gundamfags like to proclaim it's some masterpiece of entertainment and they're more obnoxious with their meme's than any other AU shows fanbase.

That being said, it was a good ride and I wouldn't be opposed to seeing another gundam AU being barley a gundam show at all.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFmg24IeO8o

I liked it
>>
>>13503911
This. Combine that with their persecution complex whenever anyone says it's just ok and you have a fanbase worse than G Reco.
>>
>>13503946

Man I love Fuunsaiki. The beam reins still make me giggle a little.
>>
>>13502495
>There's a guy with gold hair
>DBZ clone
>>
G gundam is a nontraditional Gundam series. It's an over the top, martial arts tournament anime featuring Gundams as the medium for combat. Some love it, some hate it.

You can't deny that it's self-aware in how insane it is, and it gets my respect for that. /m/ isn't a hivemind
>>
>>13504006
>signature move is kamehameha
>it's a tournament anime
>>
>>13502495

To be fair, that has more to do with default Gundam being fucking stupid than G Gundam being a paragon of realism.

Despite all the kung fu silliness, G Gundam's approach of giant robots being rare exceptional special weapons used for what amounts to gladiatorial combat still makes more sense than UC.
>>
>>13504094

> yfw if you took all of the money that UC spent on robot legs for weapons designed primarily for space combat, Earth could have built two more Sides
>>
>>13504014
For the last time you fucking little Toonmai baby, G Gundam is a Ring Ni Kakero clone. With bits of Saint Seiya thrown in. Get your shonen-shit straight you squalling little pleb.
>>
>>13504014
Goddamn Street Fighter ripped off DBZ hard
>>
Among Gundam, G's up there with MSG, 0080, and Turn A as my favorites. Taking anime as a whole into account, I'd say they're in my top 30. For sure.
>>
No one hates G Gundam. Rather, no one can hate on G Gundam.

NO ONE.
>>
>>13504014
Nigga most action anime during that time got struck with tournament fever.
>>
>>TFW Shining/God Finger is the Von Eric Claw Hold.
>>
File: Despair.jpg (50KB, 598x380px) Image search: [Google]
Despair.jpg
50KB, 598x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv7AYn8k3ME

How could I ever hate this bad ass battle theme
>>
>>13502172
>why does this board not have janitors

/m/ is pretty slow compared several other boards. Even if a thread did warrant a delete, it'd probably be hours or days before a mod does something about it.

Speaking of, this thread doesn't violate any global or board rules so who cares? The easiest and simplest thing to do is to be your own janitor and just ignore it. When it comes down to it, nobody is forcing you to open the thread, much less read and reply to it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.