[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guyver Scanlations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: guyver-2359617.jpg (129KB, 800x974px) Image search: [Google]
guyver-2359617.jpg
129KB, 800x974px
Hey /m/, I'm planning on re-watching the 80's Guyver OVAs and was curious about checking out the original manga.

From what I remember, Viz translated some volumes years ago but eventually dropped the series, and based on a thread I saw, there aren't much in the way of scanlations outside of some group run buy a moralfag who only wants those who owns the books to have access to the scans or something like that.

Where would I go to get the most up-to-date Guyver scanlations? How are the old Viz releases? I'm iffy about the publisher due to their habits of censoring some of their releases and I have mixed feelings towards their style of localization.
>>
>>13498201
You're pretty much stuck either not having any new ones past volume 28 I think or dealing with the moralfag group. There was some guy on /m/ a few months ago saying he was planning on scanlating the later volumes but I haven't heard much after that initial thread.
>>
>>13498201
You could try learning Chinese too. They are pretty updated on Guyver scans. It will only take you 5 year so be proficient enough to read your favorite Chinese cartoon comics, give or take a few years
>>
>>13498359
>5 years to learn Chinese
>instead of just learning Japanese
>>
>>13498409
>learning Japanese instead of Javanese
>>
>>13498201
read chinese scanlate you puwsy.
>>
>>13498225
That guy scanlated 3 chapters and dropped it.
>>
>>13498409
>not learning Chinese in 2015 to read the fastest scanlations of your favorite Chinese cartoon comics that comes out faster than raws
>>
>>13498201

You can read up to the end of volume 27 on Mangafox, and there is a torrent that usually has a few seeders that has volumes 1-29.

Considering book 32 hasn't gone up for preorder on major sites yet, that is only missing the last 2 full volumes and the newest monthly chapters.

...Though considering how slow the creator works, that's still about 2-3 years worth.
>>
>>13500752
>>13498201

And just to be clear, Mangafox and the torrent version still use the Viz releases for books 1-7 if I remember correctly.

Other than some edited nudity (One scene) and some different name spellings, they are still pretty accurate.
>>
>>13500752

It's still impossible to get after a certain point because the only subgroup on the entire internet that does Guyver in English has ridiculous distribution policies for no other reason than to stroke their own egos. I was rooting for the guy who was trying to fight that, but he was just one guy and he gave up after three chapters.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.