[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he a good pilot or was G-Self just that awesome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 15

File: Reco what am i doing.png (518KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Reco what am i doing.png
518KB, 1280x720px
Was he a good pilot or was G-Self just that awesome?
>>
The G-Self is a beast
>>
File: 1421083051477.jpg (302KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1421083051477.jpg
302KB, 640x1440px
Both.
>>
The G-Self can solo a fleet's worth of Black History Turn As piloted by Amuro's perfect clones. 500-year tech advantage, bitch.
>>
>>13493133

And yet it doesn't seem any more impressive despite that 500 year gap. It comes across as less impressive really, since at least the Turn-A can (and did) destroy all technology on Earth once. The G-Self just has a load of gimmick backpacks that make it useful in a duel and that's about it.
>>
File: klim is that good.jpg (305KB, 960x2160px) Image search: [Google]
klim is that good.jpg
305KB, 960x2160px
>>13493118

Stop posting, Bellri, Onee-san is not going to praise you for killing people!
>>
File: 20pNKPE.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20pNKPE.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
It's the killer rainbows, man. /m/ didn't believe in rainbows so half the population was exiled to >>>/mlp/

But now, G-reco just goes to show that dose rainbows can murder all the non-believer adults by the end of the show. It's predicting the rainbow-apocalypse, man. Do yourself a favor and convert before a colorful giant robot vaporize you using the power of rainbows, love, friendship and furry stuff.
>>
>>13493118
what anime pl0x?
>>
Bellri was a shit pilot who got carried. He almost got killed/captured 3 or 4 times but then G-Self had a 360 laser or was just strong enough to rip free or literally responded to his prayers.

Bellri was probably worse than Loran because Turn A started with less and Loran wasn't a grade-skipper genius. Bellri is just shit.
>>
>>13493176
A/Z
>>
>>13493133
mask was able tear the self apart so im sure a even more competent pilot than mask in a high end machine could do much worse. Bell was the best in his time but i feel among the pantheon of gundam pilots he is mid tier. the gself though does rank high but its structural integrity i suspect
>>
>>13493118
Both
>>
>>13493464
>competent pilot in a high end machine could do much worse
the kabikali was the endgame boss suit made by people who thought it would be fun to stick something resembling the moonlight butterly into the g lucifer. It would be strange if it didn't do anything to the g self. And the g self was running out of justice by that point anyway
>>
>>13493118
He was Bellri.
>>
Bellri was an average to good pilot in an exceptional mobile suit.

The G-Reco basically functioned as a fucking A+ training suit for the early parts of the series.

>High tech level than most the other suits is fighting
>Various Frames/Systems that allow for Bellri to practice and develop as a pilot
>Easy escape core unit
>Final frame allows him to incorporate all the tech he was taught to use AND came with a massive fire power boost

The G-Reco is probably one of the best mobile suits for "Train your C-Rank pilot into an A-Rank one quick"
>>
>>13493118
It's a combination of both.Belri's true power was making everyone think he was a fool when he was actually smart.
>>
>>13493627
>I was only pretending to be a baka
>>
>>13493516
Except it wasn't an endgame boss suit. It's literally, LITERALLY, the captain version of the ReGIT (Re GIT). We can see there's nothing really special to it. The only interest thing about the Kabakali is that it apparently had the ability to swap out equipment like the G-Self - according to one of the info guides - but in reality the Kabakali we see is pretty plain. All it has is a beam rifle, built in sabers, and the chakrams. It even needs the binders to fly properly when every other G-IT Lab made suit, like the Trinity, Dahack, Mazraster, and Gastima could fly without bulky minovsky propulsion systems hanging off their shoulders.
>>
File: YG.jpg (584KB, 2030x720px) Image search: [Google]
YG.jpg
584KB, 2030x720px
>>13493118
Both.
>>
>>13493464
>mask was able tear the self apart
Because Bellri was running low on juice and was doing all he could not to murder the fuck out of Mask. And Mask still managed to lose like a shit.
>>
>>13493627
>Belri's true power was Aida blue-balling him
>>
Why do people think Bellri was a good pilot? He wasn't. What did he do that was so impressive or creative? Fucking nothing.
>>
File: 1434225407854.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1434225407854.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>13493895
>What did he do that was so impressive or creative? Fucking nothing.
>>
>>13493912

Not him, but that's not actually an example of good piloting given that it's the machines abilities carrying his ass there. Unless you think hitting a stationary target surprised at how overpowered your machine is is impressive I guess.
>>
>>13493912

How is that impressive? He blocked a beam with his hands because the G-Self lets him do that. Pretty much everything he's done in the show is because his machine has these asspull powers like generating infinite shields around him, shooting a million lasers all over the place, or throwing up some kind of barrier all while he's on the ropes.

Bellri is a terrible pilot. He's piloting a machine several generations above everything else up until the very end of the show and he still gets into these situations where people are able to fucking wrassle him. It's a joke. He would die to the Jet Stream Attack.
>>
>>13493912
Not seeing how this isn't entirely the G-Self being comparatively better than other stuff in the setting.
>>
>>13493933
>infinite shields
Also literally copy-and-pasted shields, at that.
>>
>>13493118

He's all right, not good or special.

The skill gap between early UC pilots and RC is pretty big. I'd say someone like Lila is a much better pilot than everyone in G-Reco, and she got killed by Kamille in the sixth episode.
>>
>>13493957
Kamille was a wunderkind supernewtype who designed the Zeta Gundam at age 17 and even by Unicorn the Feds were still making machines based off that mobile suit. Dying to Kamille, even early, isn't really much of a black mark.
>>
>>13493962

The point is Bellri a shit. And if he's the best Reguild Century can offer, that's sad.
>>
>>13493957
Even Nicol was a better pilot than Bellri, and he walked into some guy's sword.
>>
>>13493962

At that point, he was still an amateur and he gets much better throughout. There were times Jerid was challenging him, who surpassed Lila, became a newtype and got much better than people give him credit for, and Kamille just pushed him aside during the finale.

He did make an OYW oldtype veteran who reacts like a newtype look like a bitch in the 1/8th of the show. Pretty impressive, I don't even think Uso's that good by the sixth episode.
>>
How much of the G-Self's performance was due to being able to mount Universal Standard bacpacks? Would've been neat to see other compatible suits equip Tricky, Assault, and Perfect Packs.
>>
>>13493118
Both. He holds his own against the G-Self in a fucking Recten
>>
>>13494089

In fairness, Aida's a terrible pilot.
>>
>>13494093

And the G-Self was acting wonky, which allowed him to do what he did.
>>
>>13494089

He holds his own partially due to surprise, partially due to the fact Aida just isn't that good a pilot and partially because the G-Self actually stops responding to Aida's input at one point since it's Bellri attacking.

When he initially attacks she just blocks his attacks and then easily shoots of one of the Recten's legs before ignoring Bellri to concentrate on the Crown again. He replaces the leg and gets the Big Arm then comes back and she blocks or nullifies his initial attacks with that and the cables easily too. It's only after this point that he does any damage, destroying the shield and I think the tip of the beam rifle, but it's also here that Aida mentions the G-Self isn't responding properly any more either. Even when Bellri is trying to be sneaky Aida anticipates him and stops his attack without issue.

I wouldn't be using that Recten fight as a display of him overpowering a much better unit personally, because well...he wasn't. The only time he made even the slightest headway against it was coincidentally when the unit stopped responding to it's pilot.
>>
So there we have it. Bellri sucks.
>>
File: vuh.jpg (210KB, 598x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vuh.jpg
210KB, 598x1000px
Bit of both. Bellri is something of a natural even skipping grades. Plus he did shit without proper newtype powers, mostly minor level stuff. He also had a pretty good mentality and understanding of war, that might not seem like a lot but having an ace that doesn't constantly go awol and take off without permission is useful

But at the same time a lot of characters point out he relies on the G-self's power. The G-Self is a beast though and the backpacks make it do whatever the fuck he wants. He even doesn't use the perfect pack fully has it can basically go all moonlight butterfly. But when he does become a somewhat smart combatant and being able to handle the G-Self doing that shit can't exactly be easy
>>
>>13494377
No he doesn't, stop cherrypicking.
>>
>>13494416

> He even doesn't use the perfect pack fully has it can basically go all moonlight butterfly.

You what now? It's most powerful displayed abilities are the copy paste shield, which stood up to the Yggdrassil without incident and either the photon bombs or the lasers it uses against the Gaitrash, both of which are good for decimating smaller groups but are nowhere near moonlight butterfly levels of destruction.

>>13494443

Then cherrypick something that makes him look good, since someone already asked up the thread and no good examples of skill on his part have actually been provided.
>>
>>13494459
>photon bombs
> nowhere near moonlight butterfly levels of destruction.
a tiny burst completely disintegrated mobile suits in a second. If he actually used it properly it is on that level
>>
>>13494483

He did use it properly. He exclaims afterwards that he thought he hadn't set it to full power. And it didn't disintegrate suits complete, it took chunks out of them. Even if he had disintegrated entire suits it's still not going to be anywhere near moonlight butterfly level, which even in show was used to cover an entire mountain range in short order and covered an entire town and surroundings in seconds, from which it would only speed up since that was how it worked, by covering more as the wings grew bigger and bigger.
>>
>>13494537
>He did use it properly.
No he shot a tiny burst and as you said didn't mean to use it as a proper weapon but to scare guys off. He could blast it out constantly and go full MB style destruction
>>
>>13494571

> No he shot a tiny burst

A tiny burst which was at full power by his own words, since he said he hadn't meant to use it at full power afterwards. He used it to scare them off, but regardless of intention it's not actually all that destructive.

> He could blast it out constantly and go full MB style destruction

Source? Because there's literally nothing that indicates it holds that much in the way of ammo or power to blast it that hard for that long to my knowledge. I don't think you realize just how large the moonlight butterfly was anon. It literally covered the entire world, and going by the animation it wouldn't even take that long since the wings grew exponentially, and the bigger they grew, the more area they'd destroy technology within. Even if the the photon bombs could be infinitely replenished so long as the unit had power (and it runs off a depletable battery unlike the Turn-A), which there is nothing substantiate within the show, then it would take the pilot weeks to cover the Earth in the kind of devastation the moonlight butterfly could achieve, since the pilot would have to literally fly around and do it all manually.
>>
I have a funny feeling that tomino is full of shit about RC being after CC.
>>
>>13494664

Tomino was always full of shit.
>>
>>13493895
The G-Self might be broken as shit and can asspull new powers whenever it's needed, but Bellri is an alright pilot. He's a quick thinker. Like that time he used the high torque to bait the wuxia pilot

>>13493166
That scene was fucking bullshit though
>>
File: wat.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>13494644
>A tiny burst which was at full power by his own words
wat
>>
>>13494692

You just posted the proof yourself. Or do you not understand English? If someone is commenting that they're sure they didn't set something to 100% in the tones of shock he used then they obviously just realize they were at 100%. There's no reason to have the comment if that isn't the intention.
>>
>>13494751
>If someone is commenting that they're sure they didn't set something to 100% in the tones of shock he used then they obviously just realize they were at 100%.
Or, you know, he didn't set it at full power, and he's in shock because of how much powerful it still is.
>>
Bellri beat the G-Self in a Recten. Can't top that.
>>
>>13494847
>Shiro beat a Zaku in a Ball
>Tobia beat a Gundam on foot
>>
>>13494771

So your English is just shit then, got it. If he didn't have it set to full power then he wouldn't phrase it that way, since there's no reason to comment in shock that he thought he set it to full power if it wasn't actually at full power. Instead he'd just comment on how even at full power it's that destructive. Which isn't actually that destructive as it happens - at least relatively.

>>13494847

The only reason he did any damage at all was because it stopped responding properly to Aida. Before that she was rebuffing all his attacks without any problem. So no, he didn't.
>>
>>13494862

Master Asia beat a dozen mecha on foot with a scarf.
>>
>>13494867

Instead he'd just comment on how even at least than full power it's that destructive rather.
>>
>>13494664
He probably isn't, but letting Tomino say whatever he pleases and accepting it as Gundam canon is the way to madness.
>>
Bellri almost got his shit pushed in by random kuntala until G-Self literally responded to him praying for his life and took out everyone with an unavoidable super barrier that repels beamsabers and kills your enemies too.

That was like one of the most asspull deus ex machinas in all of Gundam. Bellri is fucking terrible.
>>
>>13494867
Not the same guy, but your English is the fucking shit one.

The statement is him being in disbelief that even at such a low output it obliterated his opponent. He questions if he properly set the output, which we saw him do based on the destruction.

He didn't miscalculate the output and set it to 100%
He miscalculated how much output was necessary to disable and not kill.
>>
>>13494992

Shit, I was sure I was 100% right. What do you think that statement actually means? Now apply that to Bellri's statement while asking yourself if he meant "fuck, it's that strong even at low power" why he didn't actually say...well, that, instead of exclaiming in a way that is taken to mean something else entirely as standard.
>>
>>13495062
Because he was in disbelief at the power output. His first assumption was "Oh no, I fucked up the power output!" rather than "Oh no, it's much stronger than I thought"

The scene in itself is meant to show that the Perfect Pack is destructive to both our expected standards of a Gundam and to Bellri's social standards based on the environment he was raised in.

It was meant to show off the strength of the machine in a way that isn't as flashy as Unicorn, 00, Qan(t), Freedom, and Strike Freedom showing off they're super powerful death machines in their universe.
>>
>>13493118
Neither. Belliri just has an "All Backpacks Only Work On My Suit" card which completely borked the game balance in his favor.
>>
>>13495101
I hope the recompilation movies fix that.
>>
>>13495083

> Because he was in disbelief at the power output. His first assumption was "Oh no, I fucked up the power output!" rather than "Oh no, it's much stronger than I thought"

Again, why word it that way then, since there is a far more simple way to word it that is also more directly evocative of the message, while the wording used taken at face value means something different.

> The scene in itself is meant to show that the Perfect Pack is destructive to both our expected standards of a Gundam

Then it does a piss poor job since Gundam has had far more destructive weapons as standard throughout it's history, including several Tomino shows (V2 Gundam and Turn-A for instance).

> It was meant to show off the strength of the machine in a way that isn't as flashy as Unicorn, 00, Qan(t), Freedom and Strike Freedom

Tomino has had some flashy stuff himself over the years, so I'd say you're better off focusing on those. He also did a better job in Turn-A with that same intention, since most people don't even remember Turn-A has any strong attacks outside of the Moonlight Butterfly. And they mostly think that's only good for eating technology.
>>
>>13495109
you just know it won't
>>
File: local man is fucking invincible.jpg (104KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
local man is fucking invincible.jpg
104KB, 600x440px
all these 5 for a dollar jelly Kuntala
>>
File: 2463567457.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2463567457.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13495111
not the other guy but really
also these subs are pretty bad anyway, its pointless arguing semantics
>>
>>13495144

Yea, I was considering asking if anyone knew what the original Japanese meant for definite, but in a random thread it's unlikely. Still, as is, I can't see why you'd take it to mean anything other than that the ones he did release were at full power, even if he could release more or in a wider spread or whatever.
>>
Yeah, really, it's hard to believe people think Bellri wasn't carried by his suit. He didn't even demonstrate any fancy flying and survived because every week the G-Self had some new bullshit it didn't have before and was never used after.
>>
>>13495160
>Still, as is, I can't see why you'd take it to mean anything other than that the ones he did release were at full power,
you've got three people arguing otherwise
anyway to put it in context, he specifically says I'll TEST the torpedos. no ones tests anything at full power.
>>
episode 15 took on and defeated a squad of Morans by himself with just a beam saber and a rifle after the Assault Pack was damaged

episode 20 damages the Gaeon repeatedly despite being on the defensive

episode 21 holds his own against the combined G-it team and out melees the Jastima

he a'ight
>>
>>13495224
> you've got three people arguing otherwise

Numbers has never made a side right.

> no-one tests anything at full power

People test weapons at full power all the time anon. In fact, that's kind of the best way to test a weapon, since you want to know what it's capable of.

Also the point is that he thought he was testing it at a lower power and then when he saw the damage checked the power and realized it was at 100%. Hence him saying that he was sure he hadn't set them to 100%. He certainly doesn't check the power after that point to justify the idea that he wasn't sure of the power setting at that point but had had several seconds of privacy between the photon torpedoes hitting and it cutting back to him scolding himself for the destruction caused.
>>
>>13495244
>beats up G-It members
>impressive
>>
>>13494089
The G-Self sensed he's better than Aida in that battle and stopped responding to her. I think if anyone that it thought was better than Bell came along, it would've dumped Bell for them too.
>>
>>13494847
Is that really an accomplishment when Aida was the pilot?
>>
>>13493183
Mask pls go
>>
>>13494416
This is nice anon, saving it
>>
>>13493912
Gay-trash hg with beam curtains when?
>>
File: rgtgrthhtr.jpg (75KB, 473x810px) Image search: [Google]
rgtgrthhtr.jpg
75KB, 473x810px
>>13497040
I hope the rumours of movies are true as there are so many designs that need a HG
>>
>>13497058
these and the re-gits were so neat looking for mooks

I also love the beam effects for the venus suits
>>
>>13495655
They were there to be killed by Klim, not by Bellri!
>>
>>13493183
G-self had so many retarded OP powers that conveniently got him out of every sticky situation, it was hard to take seriously.
>>
>not even its final form
>>
>>13497058
that thing is terrible and its pilots were even worse.
>>
File: mfw GIT.jpg (219KB, 675x515px) Image search: [Google]
mfw GIT.jpg
219KB, 675x515px
>>13497821
get lost you git
>>
>>13493151
That's because they were sensible enough to stick the Moonlight Butterfly on one unit and then Raraiya never uses it because she's too sensible.
>>
>>13493933
Hey man, nobody can beat the fucking Jet stream attack
>>
Maybe everyone else was just fucking retarded?
>>
File: idiots.jpg (103KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
idiots.jpg
103KB, 1920x1080px
>>13498740
that is not an unsupported view point
>>
>>13498006

That implies that the Moonlight Butterfly has only one use and once activated cannot be retracted and only used to eat everything in the area. Which isn't true. The system is no more inherently dangerous than a plane for instance, in that while it can be used to cause a lot of devastation if you want to, it can also be used effectively and easily to do a lot wider and less destructive things. It can be used to fly, break shields, serve as a highly effective shield of it's own, destroy specific targets only or simply serve as a shock and awe tool by putting up a massive display that covers entire battlefields but does no actual damage at the very least.

Raraiya probably didn't know about any of this and didn't have much cause or time to use them even if she did, but it is perfectly possible to use it as a tool or weapon to do something other than destroy all technology everywhere forever.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.