[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /m/'s thoughts on Genocyber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: usmangácorps-imagem01.jpg (233KB, 792x934px) Image search: [Google]
usmangácorps-imagem01.jpg
233KB, 792x934px
What are /m/'s thoughts on Genocyber?
>>
First episode is pretty decent.

everything else

S H I T
H
I
T

It's not really even in the so bad it's good category cause it's trying to be more than it actually is.
>>
>>13491559
Second episode has great visuals.
Cool fight. And *that* scene.
>>
>>13491554
I watched a video of all the gory violent parts and that's probably the most enjoyment I'll get out of it
>>
File: weg genocyber.png (920KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
weg genocyber.png
920KB, 1008x403px
>>13491718
wrong
The third part is beautifully directed, the first part has interesting visuals, and most importantly, the character development, even if it's very simple, is what really makes this OVA dark and nihilistic, not the large amounts of surreal ultraviolence.

It's not just gory, it's misanthropic as fuck. Every character eventually turns out to be an insane asshole and even the innocent protagonists end up embittered and vengeful. In a way it's the opposite of Angel Cop, where most characters are complete douchebags, up until the point where they have to face something that's truly evil, which makes them show their braver, more sympathetic side.

In Genocyber the evil is there all along, and manifests itself under different forms because people put their hopes in it and can't recognize it for what it is. And paradoxically the purest embodiment of malevolence becomes the only force of justice in a rotten world that keeps repeating the same mistakes, and where everyone turns out to be a monster, even without being a demonic cyborg freak.

There's a kind of sublimity to it. Of course that relies a lot on the directing, it doesn't simply show apocalyptic imagery, but manages to induce a sense of majesty and grandiose in several scenes, and not just the violent ones. The fact that it's so diverse (which is mostly due to its being partially a ripoff of Urotsukidoji) gives it an epic scale that extends across several stories that are like little parables on mankind's hubris.

It's not subtle or deep about it at all, I'm not saying that I'm finding some deep meaning behind this. This is all surface-level stuff, but the fact that it's there clearly makes it a great work that shouldn't be overlooked.
>>
Speaking of edgy-ish 80s/90s OVAs with sick looking designs and cyber in the name, how's Cyguard?
>>
>>13491852
bretty gud
>>
>>13491554
Underdeveloped "brand" as they say. Like the mangaka lost interest or something. OVA was ok but it soon went off the rails after the city fight. The fucking manga didn't built shit but leaves a weird wanting cliffhanger....
>>
>>13491554
Boring.

>>13491813
>This is all surface-level stuff, but the fact that it's there clearly makes it a great work that shouldn't be overlooked.

Are you baiting? Just because something has a theme and message doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>13492446
It's not just any theme or any message, it's a powerful one that's conveyed in a very dramatic way. And even without it, Genocyber is still very good entertainment that's beautifully executed and has tons of neat little ideas.
>>
>>13491718

I was way too young when I first watched Genocyber. The scene where she makes the one cyborg think he has bugs in his brain still haunts me.
>>
I NEED YOU FAIRY DREAMING
>>
The ending was atrocious. It was literally "I went into the villain's base and everything exploded THE END!"
The gore is pretty cool though.
>>
First couple of episodes were fun.
Blood and guts and weird designs.
Good stuff.
The final arc was so fucking boring.
>>
File: 1425951183512.gif (497KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425951183512.gif
497KB, 500x400px
>>13491554
>first episode has the heroine nuking the entire city and everyone in it, including innocent people
>second episode has her letting the vajranoid kill the guy trying to stop it from attacking her
>she also kills a couple guys who were just trying to scout out the situation
>doesn't try to warn anyone that her possessed arm is going to take over the ship and kill everyone, even after they accepted her aboard and were kind to her
>turns out she killed her caretaker's daughter, too
>then she commits nonstop genocides against various population centers for 100 years in order to create a post-apocalyptic wasteland, only stopping when the sister whose body she hijacked begs her to stop
>but she comes back again in episode 5 and flamethrowers a horde of innocent bystanders

After watching Genocyber murderkill her way through the OVA, there would've been nothing more satisfying than seeing this guy actually show up for work.

He's just a soldier, after all, and she was an enemy combatant waging a war against humanity itself.

Alas, she an hero'd in the most unsatisfying, anticlimactic way possible. Apparently the writers didn't give a damn about karma.
>>
>>13493503
>the writers didn't give a damn about karma

THE ENTIRE OVA IS ABOUT PUNITIVE DIVINE JUSTICE BEING UNLEASHED UPON A WORLD OF ASSHOLES
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.