[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[AuraRoad] Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu DVD 1-13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 15

It's the tenth anniversary of Gaiking tomorrow, /m/. So I made everyone a little present to celebrate. Something I started way back in 2012 or so.

Gaiking DVD subs.

https://auraroadsubs.wordpress.com/2015/11/12/gaiking-legend-of-daiku-maryu-1-13-dvd/

Enjoy.
>>
>>13491465
The raws that're up on Nyaa. Exactly the same ones that you're using.
>>
File: 1406376527711.gif (1MB, 240x252px) Image search: [Google]
1406376527711.gif
1MB, 240x252px
>>13491458
Is it happening?
Good Gaiking Subs?
>>
File: shot0049.jpg (193KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
shot0049.jpg
193KB, 704x396px
>>13491527
Damn right it is, motherfucker. The show REALLY deserves better than the hulu rips and the old TV-N subs.
>>
>after I finished it a few months ago
GOD
DAMNIT
>>
Mattman, I can see you.
>>
>>13491726
haha, that means REWATCH TIEM

OP you based mofo, will you upload it to nyaa?
>>
>>13492085
Tomorrow or Friday, most likely.

My connection's been a bit shit lately, so I dunno how hard it'll be hit by seeding.
>>
>>13491458
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND AS SOON AS THESE ARE ON NYAA I WILL SEED THE FUCK OUT OF THEM.

>>13491932
It's not like I was going to stay hidden after I noticed this thread.
>>
>>13491458
I think I love you. I just started this show a while back, now I can watch it without my eyes bleeding.

Thanks, cool guy.
>>
>>13491458
Time to rewatch it. I think one of my favorite episodes is in this batch.
>>
HELL YEAH MOTHER FUCKER
>>
File: 51541512_p0.jpg (285KB, 1000x715px) Image search: [Google]
51541512_p0.jpg
285KB, 1000x715px
badabump
>>
>>13491458
AMAZING!
>>
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=755737

Up on Nyaa.
>>
Also a reminder that if you've got the individual files from Mega, you can redirect your client to read those and seed from the start.

I've got it set to superseeding, so it's going pretty slowly.
>>
He actually did it
The absolute cool guy
>>
>>13493904
I'm doing things I haven't even announced.

Soon.
>>
>Good Gaiking subs

brb Seeding the fuck out of those
>>
>>13493861
>don't hit my connection too hard now /m/

IT'S TOO LATE FOR THAT.
>>
>>13493961
>picture
Oh shit. I hope it's what I think it is.
>>
>>13493982
pls stop, /m/

pls stop bullying my connection, /m/. I have shitposts to make.
>>
File: bullying.png (338KB, 668x374px) Image search: [Google]
bullying.png
338KB, 668x374px
>>13493993
Too late.
>>
>>13493993
>Shitposts

Don't you dare claim this thread is a shitpost, you glorious bastard.
>>
File: 1444557772618.png (1MB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
1444557772618.png
1MB, 1000x809px
>>13494007
But namefag-kun.

How can I become the HK bootleg of VF-Kun if I don't shitpost in between moments of being helpful?
>>
>>13494063
>VF
>Being helpful
>>
File: Actually, it's an inbetween!.png (181KB, 482x355px) Image search: [Google]
Actually, it's an inbetween!.png
181KB, 482x355px
>>13494063
>How can I become the HK bootleg of VF-Kun
This >>13494160. I swear to God if that motherfucker Mari Okada's me one more Goddamn time...

And besides, you can't be like VF. Look at you, working on things people actually give a fuck about! You're already a far cry from Old Man Sahib.

By the way, I'd seriously caution working on too many projects at once. It's why I started out so slow, because as far as I've seen, people that overbook themselves tend to get swamped and risk not finishing any of their projects.

Also, you might want a Seedbox. People don't seed, not for white users.
>>
File: VF-Kun.jpg (126KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
VF-Kun.jpg
126KB, 1680x1050px
>>13494160
He used to be, many moons ago. At least a little.

>>13494219
Yeah, that's part of why I put Acrobunch on hiatus. I figure juggling it, SD Gaiden, and Gaiking was a bit much. Since I'm crabsticking Acrobunch, I figured it would be the easiest to come back to later, maybe with an actual translator.

>seedboxes
You know of any good free ones? I was considering maybe seeing if I could get an IRC bot or something on Haruhichan.
>>
>>13494273
>Yeah, that's part of why I put Acrobunch on hiatus
I think that's wise. Especially about maybe finding a translator; what you were doing is good, but your hard work would be better served if you were to release an actual translation from the get-go. Well, in my opinion, at least.

>You know of any good free ones?
Heh, if you find one let me know. But in practicality, they may as well not exist.
Both of your latter options work, yes, but if you plan to continue using Nyaa, based on my experiences it would be most prudent to get a Seedbox.
What I've found is, people honestly don't seed, and if you want your torrents to stay alive, it's best to get a seedbox or something that can seed even when you're not.

For starting out, I would suggest getting one that is
1. Very Cheap
2. Has Low Storage Space, and
3. Has unlimited traffic
Cheap, so you can see if it's what you want. Low storage space, because you're not pushing many gigs (yet!), so you don't need much storage, and unlimited traffic, so you can keep seeding forever. You'll need the last one especially; for example, just yesterday I moved 470 GB off of my box with the Argento soma batch. My box also has a monthly max traffic of 1 TB...ugh.

A good example is something like Seedboxbay, which fills all the above requirements and is a good starter service, at only $5.00. That said, remember that you get what you pay for.

Of course, like me you might have to upgrade to a more storage-focused Seedbox later - I moved to a much better one that was three times as expensive, because I needed one that was more reliable, better accessible, and had more storage space to get BIG raw torrents from places like ADC.

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text. And in all seriousness, I'm very thankful that you're tackling this, because I've been meaning to give this a try, but the quality always put me off.
Entirely because of you, I'm going to be watching it with a couple of friends tomorrow.
>>
Holy shit, Gaiking is actually getting decent subs?

Fuck yeah. Time to seed the shit out of this.
>>
>>13494417
That and honestly, Acro's not a very good show. It's not as bad as some people say, but it's not really that great either. I'd rather put the effort into doing other shows. Something like subbing the Macross 7 BDs or the SD Gundam DVDs.

I'm hoping to get an actual TL for the Dunbine sequel OVA, though. I'm not going to machine-TL the snowrune subs I have unless I have no other option. It's a bit surprising nobody's done it, since it's fairly short.

And thanks for the suggestions on a seedbox. I'll have to get one when I have a bit more cash to throw at one.

And yeah, the previous options were pretty bad. TV-N was full of QUALITY and mistranslated/straight up guess-subs fairly often. The Hulu rips were better, but had a screwed up aspect ratio, terrible grammar, and were missing lines completely.

It's a bit surprising nobody subbed the DVDs. For a well-loved show like Gaiking, I'm surprised nobody took it up before I did.
>>
>>13494493
>And thanks for the suggestions on a seedbox
Not a problem at all. Any other questions, I'm always willing to help.

Believe it or not, I actually considered it a while back, and I wondered the same thing about why no one had touched it yet. I just didn't want to mess with OCRing the subs out as one of my first ventures, and sort of forgot about it.

So, the raws come from the DVD. But where did the subs come from?
>>
>>13494530
A guy on the /m/subs forum did OCR on the Hulu rips for me, so I went back and cleaned them up. I forgot to credit him in my post, so I'll have to do that.

From there, I retimed the subs, cleaned the appalling grammar, and tossed in scrubbed TV-N lines to replace the lines TOEI missed completely. Short of a brand new translation and brand new encode, this is basically the best release the show'll get.
>>
At last after all these years it finally came true

many thanks
>>
It would seem of you believed it to be wise to speak ill of me in while falsely deluding yourselves that I would not discover it.

In return, you will receive the severe punishment of knowing that what you said was really mean and it made me feel really sad. I'm a helpful nice guy why do you bully me so a bloo bloo blooooo.

signed, Mari Okada.
>>
File: 1418373554331.jpg (43KB, 153x317px) Image search: [Google]
1418373554331.jpg
43KB, 153x317px
>>13495407
I'm gonna bully the shit out of you, old man. Your reign is over.

but seriously I actually do think you're a pretty cool guy, even if you are a massive shitposter.
>>
>>13495470
I am a bringer of joy.

Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>13495407
You will rue the day you rused me, Mari Okada
On this, I swear
There is no escape from your destiny
>>
>>13496315
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJXyvri3xE

me styling on you irl
>>
>>13495489
Hey old man, I've been lifting for you. Does this please you?
>>
I've shared 60GBs of this show in a day.

That's great. More people should watch Gaiking.
>>
So is it Tenhou Izen Shin Jikiten or Taught Personally by etc when he fights Nouza?

Also Nouza's green and silver/black giant was cool as fuck.
>>
>>13499907
Second one.
That's why Li calls those lines embarrassing afterwards.
>>
File: image.jpg (154KB, 914x686px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154KB, 914x686px
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.