[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Is this smug-looking motherfucker's series any good? TvTropes fucking gushes about it so it has to be shit, but I want to hear /m/'s informed hive-mind opinion.
>>
File: 1447258485637.jpg (65KB, 473x312px) Image search: [Google]
1447258485637.jpg
65KB, 473x312px
>>13490959
>TVtropes
cunt

it's fun and old.
Patlabor laid back humor in space.
>>
It's fucking great m8
>>
>>13490970
I swear, that site is like fucking crack. Absolutely horrible and ruins your outlook on fiction, but damn if it isn't addictive.
>>
TV series is alright, OVAs are less so.
>>
>>13490982
How do you get addicted to eating shit?
>>
>>13490982
>an actual "fanfiction" category
The site is dead to me.
>>
>>13490993
Boring office job. Anything to get the mind off spreadsheets, you know?
I'm not at work now, mind you
>>
>>13490982
it's a great resource, good info to shitpost shows you don't wanna see anyway.
>>
>>13490993
autistic people like putting things into categories and labeling them
>>
>>13490959
I found it disappointingly average. Not funny enough to be a good parody, not serious enough to be a solid space opera. All the characters are pretty one note and dull, Tylor himself especially. Considering the conceit of the show is you're meant to be unsure whether he's a genius or the luckiest idiot in the universe, you aren't really given much evidence to support either position. Stuff just sort of happens round him. Music's good though. I probably went in with too high expectations, I expected this >>13490970 and what I got was The Brittas Empire in Space. But less funny.
>>
It's a fun show, worth it if you're in for a chill time. Some people are autistic asspies and can't deal with ambiguity though, so it's best to disregard them for the trash that they are (e.g. >>13491253)

Watch it and judge it for yourself OP and try to kick that tvtropes addiction, shit's bad for you.
>>
>>13490959
average at best
>>
The final fight where ABSOLUTLY NOTHING HAPPENS is suprisingly intense. I was on the edge of my seat.

But no, I had a lot of fun watching it. Has that lighthearted 90s charm, esspecially the dub. I'm a sucker for Crispin Freeman though, so mileage may vary.
>>
>>13490959
Pretty fun.

And tvtropes gushes about pretty much everything, since a series is only really going to be written about by its fans. The only stuff that's going to get ragged on is the stuff that's already notoriously bad.
>>
>>13491253
>Stuff just sort of happens round him

I would consider this as "very lucky".

I like the serious redhead and straight guy that keep berating him, it makes for a very comfy "sitcom" kind of atmosphere.

And the twins,...oh God, the twins! My dick was diamonds everytime they were on screen.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.