[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King Gainer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

File: kinggainer.jpg (38KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
kinggainer.jpg
38KB, 640x352px
Just started watching this and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Is this show any good? Only picked it up because of the OP music.
>>
>>13488418
Enjoy your G-reco prequel.
>>
Watch the fucking show and decided yourself. If you don't I'm going to spoil the show for you.
>>
>>13488424
I can't enjoy the show like this. Everything is just thrown around. It's doesn't feel like it's telling a story. It's like you're just seeing a footage of events and hope the best that you'll "get it" some how.
>>
>>13488418
Watch the fucking show and decide for yourself instead of asking other people what your opinion should be
>>
>>13488524
Yes, it's a Tomino show
>>
>>13488418
Try Brain Powerd, OP.
>>
File: if its too thrilling for you...jpg (18KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
if its too thrilling for you...jpg
18KB, 854x480px
>>
KIIIIIINGUUU
KIIIIIIIIIINGUUUUUUUU
KIIIIIIIIIINGU GAAAAAAAINEEEEEEEEER
>>
do not open if you haven't finished the series yet

good god im glad they're okay
>>
File: 2352454673476.jpg (96KB, 650x979px) Image search: [Google]
2352454673476.jpg
96KB, 650x979px
>>13488418
>>
>>13488602
why did they never appear for the rest of the show anyway, made no sense.
>>
>>13488605
He was too cool.

That's the actual reason. He would have stolen the spotlight from the other antagonists and had to be written out.
>>
>>13488418
there's no real conclusion. this is one of his wacky series along with brain powered and g-reco. There is some dark stuff but mostly its just an adventure across Siberia
>>
>>13488418
>Just started watching this and I have no idea what the fuck is going on
It's a Tomino thing were you need to catch up on terminology as you watch, then on rewatch everything makes sense.
>>
>>13488617
>there's no real conclusion
OKG is all about the journey. The destination is absolutely irrelevant beyond its mcguffin nature.
>>
>>13488602
Disregard romance, acquire daughteru.
>>
>>13488418
I also picked it up because of the King Archer video. I barely had any idea what's going on hroughout the entire series. It was OK.
>>
>>13488524
Try watching more than one episode this time.
>>
>>13488524
Retard needs more exposition : the cancer killing the industry.
>>
>>13488714
I would have been okay with that if there was any kind of conflict or intrigue within the show. Absolutely nothing is resolved. Why should I be invested in the plot or any of the subplots when the outcomes are nonexistent?

It wasn't a particularly funny show either, so I was pretty bored the whole way through. Buildup needs payoff even if the payoff is an afterthought. It's a law of fiction
>>
>>13489178
>Absolutely nothing is resolved.
Kids Muntz is dead. Saint Raegan and the Siberian Railway are no longer after them. Gainer's romance is complete and has saved Cynthia.

All that's left is to actually finish the Exodus, which is a non-issue now that nobody is chasing them.
>>
>>13489178
But the only actually unresolved thing is the Yapan Exodus, which was just a backdrop for the actual plot.
>>
>>13489180
>>13489190
The problem is that most of that stuff either wasn't given enough buildup to feel particularly important to begin with or else it didn't actually feel resolved, Gainer's romance being a prime example of both.

There was a lot of stuff about the world of the show itself that the show kept hinting at, but never followed up on despite it seeming really interesting. What went down on the Exodus that Gain attempted, for example? Who was the first Meeya and how are all the ancient Overmen related to her? I never got a clear answer for either
>>
Just read the text beneath the op which explains the backstory

And you must not have seen many modern Tomino shows if you think it's hard to folow
>>
>>13489222
>Gainer's romance being a prime example of both.

But that was the one thing that got decent exposure and closure. Gain's background, the Wisemen's background, the general history of the Exodus-movement and a lot of other stuff was what only ever got teased.
>>
>>13488714
excuses. they should deliver getting to yapon but its was cut short so you can't blame it. at least Reco went to Yapon (but that had zero to do with the series)
>>
>>13488896
if tomino "show don't tell" correctly then there wouldn't be complaints but the scenes are disjointed.
>>
>>13489289
I never got the sense that Sara returned Gainer's feelings or even that Gainer's feelings were particularly serious given how the one time he outright states them is played off as a big joke
>>
>>13488418
I'm only like 4 episodes in myself and I think the first episode's gimmick was putting you in Gainer's shoes. Just a constant stream of WHOA WAIT WHAT SURE OKAY ROBOTS WHO ARE YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING etc. I think it was made to be very sweeping and broad. Tomino uses that kind of thing a lot, maybe too much. Draw a wide net to catch a lot of fish, that kinda thing. It slows down quite a bit after the first couple of episodes, same as G-reco.
>>
It was alright. Not terrible, but you won't be missing out if you skip it. Watch GunxSword instead.
>>
>>13489301
Why? What's in Yapan beside "place that hopefully isn't tundra/desert"?
>>
>>13488418
its beautifully animated, has great world building, but the pacing is god awful. Tomino can't pace a 26 episode anime
>>
>>13489388
Hey, the machine agreed that his feelings were real.
>>
>>13488418
Real life in Siberia exposed.
>>
Uh, guys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they end the Exodus at the end when they reached the ocean, and Gainer, Cynthia, and Sara were planning on crossing it in King Gainer to actually reach Yapan?
>>
>>13489570
>responding to a retarded tripfag
>>
>>13489574
>its beautifully animated
Not often.
>the pacing is god awful
What pacing? It's all just silly antics of the week.
>>
File: EYMERICHCouv.jpg (178KB, 800x1112px) Image search: [Google]
EYMERICHCouv.jpg
178KB, 800x1112px
>>13489731
>TFW two artbooks
>TFW neither contains proper design sheets of those mechs Adette and her exodus milita-team ride
>>
>>13488418
>Is this show any good?

It's pretty average.
>>
File: 1416994438453.gif (94KB, 142x231px) Image search: [Google]
1416994438453.gif
94KB, 142x231px
It's stupid and makes little sense but it's got very cool robots with awesome gimmicks and colourful characters, so I liked it.

It has actual good episodes, like the ones with the thief and mind reading overmans, and the finale/crystal dimension episodes are fucking amazing, but overall the robot and wacky shenanigans carry its weight. If you're not fond of 'em, I don't recommended it.

Personally, I can't say no to Syberian ninjas.
>>
It's a show about Gainer growing up.
Also only S Class faggots don't love the Overmen.
>>
>>13488605

Apparantly he was so popular they choose to change the plan and write him out because otherwise he would have overshadowed the characters the show was supposed to focus on.

Tomino even apologized to his VA for this.
>>
File: nanniscuteCUTE.png (104KB, 264x345px) Image search: [Google]
nanniscuteCUTE.png
104KB, 264x345px
I'm reading the french edition of the manga (I'm at the 2nd volume right now) and it's still weird but enjoyable. It seems they gave Jin a little more backstory, and they're introducing the exodus members at a slower pace. I remember in the anime they sort of appear in whatever scene and the series act as if you've known them since forever. Let's see if they manage to have overskills making sense.

Also the gigantic mechanic girl is ridiculously adorable in this.
>>
File: kingnigger.png (209KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
kingnigger.png
209KB, 640x352px
King Nigainer
>>
>>13491626
How far does the manga go anyway?
Does it have anything unique? Or does it just end where the English translation ended?
>>
>>13493603
Not that person, but it got a full run, thanks to based France.
>>
Everything about this thread is telling me I should watch King Gainer after. And I'm OK with that.
>>
>>13493571
Trap Gainer is objectively best Gainer
>>
>>13493603
>>13493659
Yes that person. There's 7 volumes in french, I just ordered the three I'm missing. I think that's the whole thing. And yes, it has unique things, as in, scenes and situations. So far the basic story is pretty much the same but it moves at a much slower pace, and the characters are introduced way better. It's still pretty confusing tho.
>>
>>13493571
This episode was great.
>>
>>13488418
It has a rough start because you're just tossed into it, but you'll be into it after a few episodes.
>>
>>13494672
Yeah, it's a lot of fun. Most of the episodes with Kashmir as a villain are good.
>>
>>13493571
Super Robot Wars Nigga when?????
>>
>>13488418
it's great you fucking mong
>>
>>13488418
It has unintended memes for Russian viewers.
>>
>>13494509
Does it have any unique Overman that don't appear in the anime?
>>
File: omk adette.jpg (79KB, 750x1066px) Image search: [Google]
omk adette.jpg
79KB, 750x1066px
>>13494509
dat adette
>>
>>13488617
>kill villains
>no longer any opposition to their quest
how is that not a conclusion? their mission was just to fucking pack their bags and fuck off, the antagonists were the landlords saying nah sit your ass right here nigga
they managed to leave
there's nothing else to show
>>
>>13496098
>farming in Japon though
>>
>>13495151
>Kashmir as a villain are good.

this, i thought he was going to be one-shot wimpy gay boss,
but instead he is very competent and almost got the exodus failed
>>
File: kinge02_074.jpg (40KB, 728x1035px) Image search: [Google]
kinge02_074.jpg
40KB, 728x1035px
>>13496023
Not so far... but bear in mind I'm just two volumes in, and I was missing the third anyway, so until next week when it arrives I can't know. It might. Maybe that ninja-looking Overman that had a revoltech comes from it?

>>13496074
Yep, Adette is very nice in the manga. I love that part when she attacks Bello. But I'm more of a fan of how Nann's portrayed here, even if it's barely above background character level. I have a thing for amazons and she's very cute. She's my minor character waifu.

Then again, I expect to not be much more of her if anything at all, like in the anime.

>>13496117
Yup, he was devious, smart and had the best and most interesting Overmen, they made for some of the best episodes of the show. I really liked that one that made people's thoughts visible.
>>
>>13496228
>I really liked that one that made people's thoughts visible.

I LOVE YOU SARA I ALWAYS HAVE
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.