[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Japanese Transformers seasons any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: tfcollection_1328123324.jpg (60KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
tfcollection_1328123324.jpg
60KB, 500x699px
Are the Japanese Transformers seasons any good?
>>
I remember Armada being absolutely shit. Can't say much about the other ones, haven't watched them.
>>
>>13487630
G1: Headmasters is okay, Masterforce is good, haven't seen Victory.
BW: I didn't really enjoy either Neo or BWII, but I suspect that's mainly because they were both RAW.
Armada Trilogy: Armada is mediocre at best, Energon is the worst show in the franchise period, Cybertron is just /okay/.

I never got around to watching Transformers Go!, so I can't comment.
>>
>>13487740

I can vouch for Victory probably bring the best, Master force is good if you aren't butt hurt about Pretenders or human-transformer shit.

Headmasters is REALLY bad if you liked American G1, and only bad if you don't care, it has a lot of ass pulls and dumb decisions. It does feature Six shot an amazing robot ninja though.

Armada is mostly crap until the very end. I would avoid Energon and Cybertron entirely. Go is pretty much crap for crap toys.

Car Robots is the same as Armada but nowhere near as satisfying a finish and way more filler.

I have only seen parts of Beast Wars II and Neosho but it seems okay, just remember it's 90's as fuck but it's moments if budget animation aren't neat as egregious as Armada's.
>>
Masterforce is the best of the Japanese shows. Victory was pretty fun, sorta set the model for all the Yuusha shows. Headmasters is weird but fun.
>>
I know it's kind of a pointless thing to do. But i wish the Japanese dub of Transformers G1 (Season 1 and 2) is subbed. Cause if you know Japanese, their dub is hilarious.

Also Season 3 because they have a different story to tell in comparison to the original.
>>
>>13488290
>Go is pretty much crap
That's a shame. I really liked the idea of Transformers in Sengoku Japan. Seems like it'd be ripe for a neat series.
>>
>>13488526
Maybe with any luck Karyuudo might do it one of these days. On a related note, any idea when they'll put out Beast Wars II this year?
>>
Darn that Soundwave

EEEUUUUAAGH
>>
Energon is so awful that even paying nothing for it is a ripoff if you have to watch it.
>>
File: fk95-6.jpg (237KB, 780x1011px) Image search: [Google]
fk95-6.jpg
237KB, 780x1011px
I liked Galaxy Force (a.k.a. Cybertron) quite a bit, despite the wonky animation. The premise and storyline were really neato. The overuse of BURNING JUSTICE was a bit much, but kinda funny, so it was alright.
>>
>>13488290

>It does feature Six shot an amazing robot ninja though.

Ninja consultant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6jE-_AfZqc
>>
Personally I loved Headmasters. It was like getting more G1. A real fourth season.
Some people do complain about Headmasters and I think there's some merit to those complaints. Like Convoy and Rodimus and Galvatron were handled kind of badly. They had to be ushered out so the new characters could take the stage. Convoy had to die AGAIN since he'd just been resurrected. Galvatron had (IMO) kind of an awesome, and very fitting death early in the series, and then later mysteriously returned and got a much stupider death. Rodimus just... left. There was a war on and he was just like, "I'm gonna go travel, you don't need me any more."
The show's got its issues but generally I thought it was good stuff. G1 had its flaws too after all...
>>
>>13491365

thus guy gets it. once you get past how Galv, OP and Rodimus gets the shaft, the show is fairly decent. also a kick ass OP song.
>>
>>13487630
I've been watching Masterforce lately, it's been pretty fun so far

The whole pretenders thing still weirds me out
>>
>>13491278

>that dub.

It's so painfully bad that it goes full circle and becomes good.
>>
>>13491381
Transformers always does shit like that, even today. If there isn't a dumb contrivance pushing a character with an old toy out or forcing a new one in, there will be soon. Did like the buildup for Fortress Maximus though
>>
>>13487630
The G1 trilogy get better each show. Headmasters is bleh, Masterforce is good and cute, Victory is great.

>>13491278
I would have enjoyed Headmasters so much more if I had watched this dub. That's amazing.

>>13491381
The OP song is the best part of the show. And I mean that as a bad thing.
>>
my favorite part was when Blaster and Soundwave decide that ONE MUST STAND and all that shit
so they just stand there shooting each other and they fall over and die, then everybody cries and they'll never be seen again and they're back next episode with new paint and NOW THEY HOLD TWO TAPES
It's clear the superior anime storytelling allowed them to do things the American show never could.
>>
>>13488290
>Beast wars II
What? According to the TF wiki that and neo are the only TF shows to not be subbed...
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 167x166px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 167x166px
Japformers is a trash. The only The Transformers worth seeing were the ones created by me, Floro Dery
>>
File: 1338064089525.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1338064089525.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>13491804
It's not exactly hard to find and watch the raws. It definitely hurts enjoyment, though, since they're mainly comedies.
>>
>>13494115
Or you could simply wait before starting, because of >>13488867. No big deal.
>>
>>13487630
>this faggot didn't know the original transformers were Japanese to begin with
>>
>>13497893

> This faggot thinks New York is in Japan.

Sunbow Entertainment produced the original show and Marvel Comics produced the original comics, both based in New York.
>>
File: 1289585038136.jpg (150KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1289585038136.jpg
150KB, 1440x810px
Superior japanese Transformers.
>>
>>13487642
I really liked it honestly.
Although I do remember the animation as being pretty bleh.
Better than Prime
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.