[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/ Reviews on Youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: hre.png (149KB, 2048x1442px) Image search: [Google]
hre.png
149KB, 2048x1442px
So a number of months ago I asked you guys if a /m/ related youtube review channel would be a good idea, & I'm just now reporting back on what I've come up with. Last topic the responses ranged from not wanting to bring new people into mecha with these videos, to it being a great idea if I could pull it off right, but now I've got something like 8 reviews under my belt, so I'm checking back with /m/ to get some feedback, & hopefully get some guidance on what direction to take these videos in.

Please tell me what you think. I'm getting slightly better each time, so hopefully you guys won't be too hard on me.

Most recent attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n6kRK3cL2k

First attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhn8WfNMJ5I

BTW, does Guntank still post here? I wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts since he's been at this youtube thing way longer than I have.
>>
>>13483240
I enjoyed. Follow your dreams ;)
>>
>>13483296

Thanks. Anything specific I could improve?
>>
File: wizard.jpg (782KB, 1526x2616px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
782KB, 1526x2616px
Well, if nobody has any suggestions then I guess I'm going to stay the course. I plan to do a video a week, so hopefully some of you guys enjoy what I do in the future. If anyone has a request feel free to hit me up with a message. Currently working through Giant Gorg, so hopefully that turns out to be review worthy.

Thanks for your support /m/
>>
https://youtu.be/g4VCkTqkmoU
You should venture into the wilderness to find some scenic backdrops for your reviews.

Also, you need to review Gunbuster on Laserdisc so that you are legit. Like, really legit.
>>
At first I didn't like your voice but it took me about a minute to get used to. Your Galient review is pretty good, though I can't fault you on your knowledge of the show itself because I know nothing about it
>>
>>13483926
>though I can't fault you on your knowledge of the show itself because I know nothing about it

Honestly, I'm just kind of winging it, so I make a lot of educated guesses. I try my best, but there's only so much info out there about certain shows.

I would love to make a weekly topic about what I'm about to review next to gather knowledge * make my videos more credible, but I would need /m/'s permission.
>>
File: ndc2pxePol1t2zgm9.png (228KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ndc2pxePol1t2zgm9.png
228KB, 500x500px
It's not on youtube, it's a podcast, but Gunpladust Memories is the best /m/-related review show I know. Mostly Gundam focused, and mainly about gunpla, but they talk about the mangas and the shows a lot too.
>>
>>13484418

That podcast has some well spoken people, but they're almost entirely a gundam/gunpla podcast. Have they touched on anything else?
>>
>>13486245
They've done gaming stuff as well, but as far as /m/ material goes, no, just Gundam so far
>>
https://youtu.be/rPjwZ4okc84
https://youtu.be/QyZHqRUEKC0
>>
>>13483240
>BTW, does Guntank still post here? I wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts since he's been at this youtube thing way longer than I have.

I'm not the Tank myself, but I'm one of the guys on his podcast and I think you're doing pretty good so far.

It's a niche genre so you'll not likely to get that big on views so if you're hoping for massive popularity it's probably not going to happen. But do your best with what you have.
>>
>>13486723

I didn't even know Guntank did a podcast. Thanks for the heads up, going to leave one on in the background right now.
>>
>>13483240
I like your style, and browsing through your previous videos I've noticed that 'Diamond is Unbreakable' is getting animated and holy shit that means Highway Star is going to get animated, fuck yeah.
>>
I like this
Some good quality show (quality as in worth my attention(worth not as in I am so important but as in this show is worth it over other stuff such as homework,other yt shit etc.))
You got yourself a happy new sub keep it up dont get too full of yourself dont try too much just be you
>>
File: 1447098774940.jpg (34KB, 570x420px) Image search: [Google]
1447098774940.jpg
34KB, 570x420px
>>13483240
So far I liked your stuff, I'd like to see more reviews.
>>
File: spider-man.jpg (175KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man.jpg
175KB, 500x722px
>>13487083
>>13487089

Appreciate the seal of approval. Just so you know, it might be kind of OVA heavy as far as reviews go. It's much easier for me to review one 44 minute OVA or movie compared to a 26 episode series.

that, & I don't want to ruin those series for myself. I'm going through Giant Gorg right now, & don't want to marathon it just so I can get a video out.

Thanks for the kind words anons. Anything specific you want out of the channel?
>>
>>13486870

Glad I could help.

If all else fails get yourself a Jimbob to mock.

Actually no. Don't do that.
>>
>>13487289

You should get me in on one of those podcasts. It would be fun.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.