[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/ suddeny dislikes Pacific Rim? What happened? It's a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 33

File: 14226117237.jpg (49KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
14226117237.jpg
49KB, 355x355px
/m/ suddeny dislikes Pacific Rim?
What happened? It's a love letter to mecha and Kaiju shit, I thought we liked that stuff?
>>
>one guy says mean thing
>WHAT HAPPEN????
>>
File: 1437316027663.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437316027663.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>one shitposter is all of /m/
>>
I want to impregnate Otachi
>>
Just ignore him, buster. If we're lucky he'll just stick to the Fafner generals, which are pretty much cancer at this point anyway.

>>13478620
Me too, friend.
>>
>>13478578
/m/ has decided it hates everything. /m/ has also decided that it is a hivemind.
>>
>>13478633
No we didn't.
>>
File: 1199340742937.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1199340742937.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>talking to my friend
>mention that Pacific Rim was great
>"What? That movie fucking sucked!"
>what
>"Gundam was better."
>You've never seen Gundam. Also they're nothing alike.
>"You're right, I meant Evangelion."
>mfw he's never seen Eva either
>>
>>13478647
Ahaha! I get it, your friend is /m/!
>>
>>13478647
Bludgeon your friend to death with an HG-Neo Zeong.
>>
>>13478646
fuck off /a/
>>
>>13478653
/m/ has seen some Gendum tho.
>>
>>13478653
I wish.
He's actually Literally Reddit from the Gunbuster thread.
>>
/m/'s been invaded by SJWs and tumblrtards last six months or so. And they hate Pacific Rim.
>>
>>13478692
So you're saying SJWs have better taste than /m/?
>>
>>13478704
I bet you actually believe you have good taste while posting this.
>>
File: remove yourself.png (162KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
remove yourself.png
162KB, 500x281px
>>13478692
Told you fuckers not to post on /co/.
>>
>>13478578
PR is my favorite movie of the last several years.

I was actually saddened that the sequel was put on hold.
>>
>>13478885
Same. It was the perfect theatrical experience. I really like EoT as well. While I like PR more, I think EoT might be one of, if not the best action movies ever made. Cinematography was fantastic. Script was tight. Ending was corny, but oh well.
Plus, No-Bruise-Cruise, and Does-her-stunts Blunt.
>>
>>13478578
Not gonna lie, this movie has a lot of boring and mindless dialogue.

And the not-Gypsy Dangers are completely squandered amazing designs.

But the action scenes made me fucking cheer and laugh like a kid, and I did'nt even watch it in a movie theatre. I had friends at the time and they told me they had never seen me so excited about anything. It's definitely worth watching if you dig giant robots.
>>
>>13478919
I rewatched it yesterday and got upset when I realized that Mako was actually basically dialogueless for most of the movie, then I got even more upset whenever she spoke and I remembered that her English was turrible

They should have just gone the easy route and had all her dialogue in japanese, but unsubtitled

Then she could basically be like R2D2 with tits
>>
>>13478905
EoT felt like I was watching one of those fun action sci-fi films from the 80s and early 90s, but with better effects. Good times.
>>
>>13478948
>>13478905

The midpoint was easily the best part of EoT
>>
>>13478578

>it's a love letter to mecha and kaiju shit

I'm not exactly well versed in kaiju because I've only watched godzilla, but this is the last phrase I would use to describe pacific rim. It felt like someone from /m/ decided to make a mecha anime, only to completely miss the point of mecha. All my friends who hate mecha loved pacific rim and I thought it was average. It felt like transformers or megas xlr with the 'giants robot are cool because fuck you' message. The last time I felt this way was when I watched all the other godzilla movies after the first two. Lets destroy all the meaning and symbolism because giant monsters are cool! And they are, don't get the wrong idea, but I think a love letter would encapsulate both perspectives.
>>
>>13478578
I thought it was alright. It's a great tool to get people who would never try mecha stuff into trying mecha.
>>
File: 002.jpg (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
13KB, 640x480px
Really? Anonymous? Really?

I voice my own personal feelings about how I feel Pacific Rim is overrated trash and you feel the need to make a thread about it? That's part of the reason I dislike it.

Fags like you who can't handle people disliking something and throw the word "love letter" around as some kind of blanket defense.

Love Letter isn't a fucking defense and isn't a complement. Every good fucking show or movie can be said to be a love letter to the genre. It's not a fucking unique trait.

I find the aesthetic and designs unappealing. The story didn't move me at all. The character drama was dull. The story got overtly too stupid for me. It might have some decent action but it didn't outweight the negatives for me.
>>
>>13478963

What? No. Claiming Godzilla is a shitty, ham handed metaphor about the consequences of nuclear war is like claiming Superman is a hero of the people who fights state corruption and social ills. It hasn't been true since the first iteration of either character.

Pacific Rim is a love letter to true mecha and kaiju, which is purely spectacle and explosions, with no dramatic nonsense about understanding, or consequences of human arrogance, or any of that tripe.
>>
File: Kotaro sees your Golgom.png (168KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Kotaro sees your Golgom.png
168KB, 480x360px
>>13478692
SJWs fucking loved PacRim, actually.

I blame the outpour of SJW shit in general on this site on /co/. That board is fucking cancer of the highest degree. Reddit doesn't help either.
>>
File: 6564390230104656.jpg (409KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6564390230104656.jpg
409KB, 1000x1000px
>>13478905
>>13478948
>>13478952

Edge of Tomorrow felt like "Video Game: The Movie." Once I got over that, though, it wasn't bad.

I liked PR far more, though. It even had more memorable lines.
>>
>>13478981

Um...what? Most mecha shows have some sort of symbolism to them. I never said godzilla was a shitty metaphor because he's not. The original was a masterpiece and each sequel became subsequently more different because giant monsters are cool. They went a different direction. I didn't make ANY statement about whether or not that direction is good or bad. I merely stated that a true love letter to mecha and kaiju would encapsulate both perspectives. Mecha and kaiju are not purely spectacle and explosions with no underlying meaning. That's just what stupid americans want them to be.
>>
>>13478963
>only to completely miss the point of mecha
And kaiju.

The movie literally started with a shoutout to Godzilla except the entire fucking movie misses the entire fucking point of Godzilla where the nuclear robots saves the day and beats up all the stupid monsters because the dumbfucks who made the movie are literally that fucking stupid.

>It felt like transformers or megas xlr with the 'giants robot are cool because fuck you' message.
This.

>inb4 retarded americans start shitposting about how great megas is when it's an obnoxious load of fucking garbage
>>
>>13478993
>Edge of Tomorrow felt like "Video Game: The Movie."

That's because Tom Cruise's character was a quickload spamming savescumming whore

Overall I liked EoT vastly more than All You Need Is Kill (any version) because the deuteragonist wasn't a 14 year old girl
>>
File: bruh.jpg (324KB, 1556x986px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
324KB, 1556x986px
>>13478992
>I blame the outpour of SJW shit in general on this site on /co/.

Nigga, have you been to >>>/tv/? Their shitposting is fucking /v/- or /pol/-tier.
>>
>>13478999
>movie made by people without a crippling irrational fear of nuclear power
>surprised when nuclear power is portrayed as a positive thing

It's Japan's fault they got nuked and their fault they still can't get over those nukes.

Fukushima being a pile of garbage is also their fault, unsurprisingly.

Why have the rest of the world suffer from their nuclear hangups?
>>
>>13478963
>It felt like someone from /m/ decided to make a mecha anime, only to completely miss the point of mecha

So...In your own words, what is the point of mecha?
>>
>>13479011
>Fukushima being a pile of garbage is also their fault, unsurprisingly.
Yes it's their fault they used retarded American designed reactors instead of any of the countless better ones.
>>
>>13478692
>>13478992
Who gives a shit about what SJWs like or dislike? As long as it doesn't reach the levels of Undertale where you get a wave of retards claiming everyone is trans it shouldn't matter. Form your own onions based on what you saw not from the shitty fanbase attached to it.
>>
>>13478999

>999

Nice. I actually enjoy both. Part of my liking megas xlr is probably nostalgia, but I wasn't trying to make an us vs. them sort of argument. I just feel that PR has a very one sided view of what mecha and kaiju are. Felt more like toku than mecha.

The beginning of the movie had the potential for a more complex story with its setting. The conflict between nations and competing ideas over continuing to build jaegers would be similar to series like fafner and muv luv. I think the underlying problem was that PR was a blockbuster movie. It was purely action by design. Movies like that aren't the proper setting to explore anything more complex, so they stuck to their guns and did it well. I would like to reiterate again that I did not dislike PR. I just thought it was average. As a mecha fan, it was missing emotion.
>>
>>13478975
>disliking something because of its fanbase
Hi, reddit!
>>
>>13479022
>still trying to make it America's fault

You lost, Japan, it's over
>>
>>13479026
I'm not the one who made a thread to cry about how someone disliked or liked something and how that means all of /m/ hates or likes it.
>>
>>13479015

I don't want my opinion to cause a shitstorm, but I'll share it anyways. I can't really know if this is true because I'm not a director and I don't exactly know the intent of the writer, but I first explored the meaning of mecha when my friends made fun of gundams for looking humanoid. The subgenre is real robot, yet the robots look like people. Furthermore, they're painted with bright colors despite being tools of war. As I watched more gundam and ventured into other mecha series, I noticed a consistent usage of mecha as an extension of oneself. Because of that, I feel that mecha aren't necessarily about the robots themselves, but the people inside. The theme feels like a critique of war; behind all the tools and political implications, there are people. People die and suffer, but we are numb to their pain because we don't see them as human. I've found mecha to be extremely emotional because I don't divorce the pilots from their machines. I think PR could have pulled this off by expanding more on Raleigh and Mako's pain, but they sort of rushed it out the door so they could team up and kick the shit out of kaiju in fashion.

tl;dr I'm just blaming the movie format. The stuff is there but there's only so much they can do in 2 hours
>>
>>13479011

You have to think about it from their perspective. With the exception of top ranking US officials, nobody knew what happened. Military staff and medics thought it was just a really large bomb. They didn't understand the effects of radiation poisoning and there's a lot of disturbing imagery in atomic warfare like red skies, black rain, loss of skin and hair, images of people burnt into the surroundings, rivers flooded with corpses, etc. A lot of children lost family and friends but couldn't understand why. Japanese society crumbled under the american occupation and their culture was whitewashed in an attempt to make sure a new axis could never be formed again. You're probably just baiting, but if you're serious I hope you visit hiroshima and nagasaki some day.
>>
>>13479023
Even that shit doesn't matter.

It doesn't fucking matter until they make laughably bad things themselves, or if you have to play tabletop games with them.
>>
>>13479071

I dunno man my new group includes two and we have lots of fun

Our DM just has to do equal-opportunity rapey-as-fuck scenarios now
>>
>>13479074
are they the kind that takes offense at literally everything and wants to be a super special snowflake, or the kind that just believes in activism and is a little crazy?

Because yeah, the latter variety tends to be pretty fun.

I've got the 'oh I'm a bisexual noncommittal demiqueer isn't that just so interesting now I will play the same exact LESBIAN SWORDSGIRL I have played in the four previous games and if anyone says anything about it I will throw a fit and delay gametime half an hour' sort, unfortunately, though she's not that bad as long as you don't criticize or question anything she does for any reason ever.
>>
>>13478578
/m/'s been in a downward spiral recently

No seriously, I've been seeing more /a/, /tv/, /co/, and /v/ shitposters on /m/ than actual discussion.

What in the holy fuck happened? I've been gone for almost 6 months.
>>
>>13478578
>Say you love Kaiju and wanna pay homage to them
>Create a film where the monsters have the personality of an electric drill and are given no presence and instantly thrown into fights so that robots can beat them up
>>
>>13479023
>f Undertale where you get a wave of retards claiming everyone is trans
Wait what? I'm out of the loop on this silly shit, care to fill me in?
>>
>>13479102
There isn't really more to fill in. Undertale's incredibly vague nature about most characters and the fact that it features two same sex couples led to it gaining a really ridiculous fanbase that will start claiming shit like a robot is trans. That being said this is only an issue if you try discussing it in the places that are filled with those people, as far as 4chan is considered it's not a big deal.
>>
>>13479095
>listening to anything a author, writer or director says about their influences or the interpretation of their work ever

Not only are you wrong but it's like you want to have an aneurysm.

>>13479102
like every other innocentish thing that tumblr and the blogosphere likes, a lack of sexual and identity politics at the forefront of the plot is a deep flaw that must be overcompensated for.
>>
>>13479102
The main character's gender is never revealed.

So now everyone is saying the character is trans.
>>
>>13479056
Setsuna, plz go.

Not him, but good post. Nonetheless I think you got hung up on the wrong thing. Mecha doesn't have a deeper meaning. It's just a vessel for storytelling and action.

Also, expecting everything to fall into such a relatively narrow convention
>the pilot is their Machine
then you're restricting yourself too much in terms of how you think, I feel.
I do agree that a whole lot of mechashit gives off that vibe and I honestly believe it's one of the best genres in terms of telling personal stories, but by no means should it be exclusively thought of as that. If you want things to stay in a small mold, you breed stagnation.
As anyone that has been reading capes for any length of time, the liklihood of a killer series coming along and breaking out of the mold is hard to find, mostly it's just a rehash of the same thing over and over, and it's worse than mechashit, because there's a lot more series running at a time than there are mech shows airing in a given season/year

Also, why is this notion that we have to know the inner-clockwork of a character in order to enjoy something getting so much vocalization lately? It sounds like something you'd find on BioWare's forums--no offense intended, honestly. Just keeps cropping up with more and more frequency and I'm curious. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but it seems like the commonality of that argument has been becoming a lot more prominent in recent months, and not just on /m/.

>>13479114
>>listening to anything a author, writer or director says about their influences or the interpretation of their work ever

>Not only are you wrong but it's like you want to have an aneurysm.
This 100%
>>
>>13479095
>Create a film where the monsters have the personality of an electric drill

Yes, because every other kaiju in the history of ever was blessed with such outstanding personality.
>>
>>>>13479094
AZ, Greco and now IBO brought in a new gen of reddit /co/mblr /a/ newfags who think 4chan is the place to "ironically" shitpost.
>>
>>13479115
it's just wishful thinking and projection, in other words.

Stupid but harmless, like shippers.

Clearly becoming outraged is the only solution.

>>13479124
Something the giant robot genre enables is taking personal conflicts to a tactical scale, which is where a lot of that interpretation is coming from.

Personally I just like the scale (giant things fighting is cool) and that it allows combat to be super fucking brutal without having to kill off a character every time a fight happens or give everyone story-fucking regenerative powers.
>>
>>13479126
What? A lot of the better known Godzilla kaiju have plenty of personality.
>>
>>13479056

I see your point but I respectfully disagree on the basis that any your points about critique of war and the people that fight them are seen in other stories regardless of whether they feature a robot or not. We've seen this movies like Letters from Iwo Jima and American Sniper.

My views of what passes for mecha is much more superficial. If PR featured the Jaegers but never used them in the film, then by that measure they would have missed the point of mecha genre and the movie would just be another kaiju flick.

There is no deeper meaning required.
>>
>>13479262
Nigga Showa was filled with moments like this giving him tons of personality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNhLZuD6a8
>>
> suddenly ____ hates . . .
>SJW bitching/blaming

Sure is /v/ in here.
>>
>>13479295
You are right. Showa started to develop a personality after the original movie. Heisei didn't have a personality at all which continued on to the present.
>>
>>13479343
Heisei Godzilla was just fucking pissed all the time.
>>
File: GvD12.jpg (513KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
GvD12.jpg
513KB, 1440x810px
>>13479343
>Heisei didn't have a personality at all
>>
>>13479448
>when the bud hit u.jpg
>>
Oh God, that butthurt Kaiju-obsessed autist is back.
>>
>>13479091
She sound annoying as fuck. What kind of person goes about life throwing shitfits whenever they're challenged on bullshit?
>>
>>13478993
Well the base concept behind EoT/AYNIK is straight up savescumming. The author of the book more or less admits it in the afterword.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>13478578
Pacific rim is garbage, its no love letter, its a shit in a flaming bag, go back to IMBD if you have to act like a child about the truth.
>>
>>13478578
Pacific Rim is popular, even in mainstream or "casual" circles. This means /m/ is contractually obligated to hate it.

Otherwise we'd be forced to realize that we're not the infallible last tower of good taste on Earth, and the board would rather saw their collective bollocks off than admit it.
>>
>>13479790
But /m/ hasn't has good taste in years.
>>
I love PR, if others don't like it, sucks for them, I will just enjoy a great movie without any screeching shitposter ever going to change that.
>>
>>13478919
>And the not-Gypsy Dangers are completely squandered amazing designs.
pacific rim sucked because all the cool looking robots either didn't appear or got killed and the boring football player robot hogged all the screentime
>>
>>13478578
I for one never loved Pacific Rim. It has like 15 minutes of good footage, the rest is generic dark time action, you can't see a thing. I want one giant monster movie whit a proper budget. Modern CG effects, animation and a budget, please.
>>
>>13479874
It doesn't matter how many time you spam that, it doesn't change that Striker Eureka was the one based off of a football player.
>>
>>13479890
>>13479874
These.
Action was fun, but rest was garbage.
The same trite Hollywood blockbuster filth just with Kaiju/animu cliches.

It had a white boi for /m/ to self insert instead of beta Nips you bitch about, so of course enough /m/anchildren loved it.
>>
>>13479799
Doesn't stop the board from pretending like it's the last bastion of internet taste, with everyone else being casual scum, tumblerina SJWs, ANN and other boogeymen.
>>
File: 1446988981113.png (580KB, 546x655px) Image search: [Google]
1446988981113.png
580KB, 546x655px
>>13479913
>A niche board is snobby about their niche interest
I KNOW RITE
>>
>>13479874
>because all the cool looking robots either didn't appear or got killed
Chinese and Russian must be killed. It's an American movie, so no place for communists in the future.
>>
>>13478787
But anon, I'm a /co/mrade first and foremost, but started coming to /m/ to discuss Pacific Rim when it first came out. I loved everything about it.
>>
>All of these crossboarding shitposters ragging on a decent film.

It was enjoyable enough, had nothing to make you groan in terms of plot and had some excellent robot launch scenes, cool technical porn, giant robot bashing and decent relationships for an action film. I enjoyed it and after Dredd 3D is the only film I went to see twice in a cinema.
>>
>>13478578
>/m/ can dislike Eva all they want
>but suddenly disliking an Eva clone is bad
What went wrong?
>>
I don't like Pacific Rim.
Don't get me wrong, I love the mech designs, the characters are likeable and the mosters are cool and the world setting is interesting enough,
I just don't like the movie they made with all those cool elements.
>>
>>13479026

>this post

>on /m/

>where we hate on TTGL and Eva because of their fanbases.

oh, the irony!
>>
To me pacific rim is like batman begins. It's playing it safe for the first movie, so it can go balls to the walls for the next movie. I hope Del Toro for once can get to make his dream.
>>
>>13480035

It's definitely a clunky movie.

I think a lot of people on /m/ want to defence force it so bad because they'd like for PacRim to take off in popularity, so we can get more of 'em.
>>
>>13480052
Personally I think of Pacific Rim like an OVA. It sets up its own world, it has some neat action and interesting designs. There's flaws and issues with it, but at the end of the day it's a great way to kill a few hours and see something cool.
>>
>>13480045
>To me pacific rim is like batman begins. It's playing it safe for the first movie, so it can go balls to the walls for the next movie.
And then it completely shits the bed with the third one right?
>>
>>13480117
>the dark knight rises
>bad
get this hothead out of here!
>>
>>13480117
I'd love for it to get to that point to find out.
>>
>>13478992
So fucking what if some SJW like it? Unlike most shit they seem to like, Pacific Rim really wasn't pandering to them and their shitty taste. I guess they like it because one of the main character is asian and female but...seriously, ffs, who in their right mind would consider having a japanese girl in a giant robot to be SJW shit?

Beside, fuckers on tumblr and reddit have never heard of Gunbuster or Patlabor have they? Having a decently competent cute japanese girl inside a giant robot kicking giant monster or giant robot's ass is really not the groundbreaking feminist bullshit they want it to be because it was just Del Taco being a big weaboo. They just interpret the movie as such because they are idiot with shit taste and no understanding of the mecha genre.
>>
>>13478578
>why /m/ hates this?
>why /m/ hates that?
>why /m/ hates......

see >>13478604 and stop with this shit
>>
>>13480040
I hate TTGL because it's obnoxious garbage in the exact same vein as Pacific Rim and Megas.

Eva is fine.
>>
>>13478704
Top fucking kek
>>
>>13480477
>obnoxious garbage
Didn't know that that's what simple fun is called nowadays.
>>
>>13478578
Yeah sorry but I just can't take the plot seriously.

Mecha design is OK though.
>>
File: 1375879615074.jpg (863KB, 800x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1375879615074.jpg
863KB, 800x1162px
>>13478620
>>
File: 1383584015771.jpg (157KB, 515x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1383584015771.jpg
157KB, 515x1200px
Has the artist behind the 4koma shorts with Femacost stopped?

If not, are there still translations of it somewhere? This is the last page I have of the set.
>>
>>13481073
There was more, I don't have it on hand though.
>>
>>13480133
It is bad. The plane scene masterpiece is actually a short film that airs before and with TDKR.
>>
>>13479015
Mecha is pure entertainment to me. I watch it for the same reason I watch Fast n Furious and Mission Impossible.

The battles are cool and well orchestrated, and unique. The mecha look really awesome, and so I go out and buy model kits to "own" them. The plots are sometimes good, but often they are episodic, which is fine too. The robots are big and have lots of powers, so I make excel sheets and pngs and /m/ threads comparing them.

Mecha in general is really fun to watch. I don't care about subtext or deeper meaning in mecha, because I feel that it's an improper medium. Something that originated as a kid's genre shouldn't be made to carry any philosophical messages.

>>13479056
also made a good point. Not only is mecha exciting and action packed, but it works as a 'projection of self'. Any of us could pilot these machines, so we can freely have power fantasies. This appeals to children and man-children alike.
>>
>>13481096
If you're able to find them, or a link to the artist's site itself, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>>13481274
>The plane scene masterpiece is actually a short film that airs before and with TDKR.
10/10
>>
>>13480877
>Can't take plot seriously

You might be on the wrong board
>>
File: ultraman.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ultraman.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>movie literally uses motw as plot point
>waaaah muh kaiju so CHARMING and brimming with PERSONALITY!!!1!1
They must hate this guy's show.
>>
>>13481274
wait, they made a movie out of baneposting?
>>
>>13482215
I don't know if any footage of the Les Bains crash was recorded, but yeah. It's real.
>>
>>13482222
Holy quads confirm
>>
File: Bains 1.jpg (172KB, 680x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Bains 1.jpg
172KB, 680x1185px
>>13482322
>>
File: Bains 3.png (387KB, 678x637px) Image search: [Google]
Bains 3.png
387KB, 678x637px
>>13482370
>>
>>13482370
lol just like ebola-chan
>>
>>13478578
>What happened?

neo /m/ happened
>>
File: 865.jpg (105KB, 597x450px) Image search: [Google]
865.jpg
105KB, 597x450px
>>13482375
>>
>>13482453
>neo /board/
Fuck off /v/
>>
File: sunglasses.jpg (15KB, 297x197px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.jpg
15KB, 297x197px
>>13479890
>PR is bad because I have poor vision
>>
>>13486322
Bad for you.
>>
>>13478578
gurren lagann is the only "love letter" media that you can like on this board because it was babbies first mecha and LE DRILL XD
>>
>>13486355
Are you from Bizarro world?
>>
>>13480336

tumblr.com/tagged/gunbuster
tumblr.com/tagged/patlabor
>>
>>13481383

>I shouldn't put thoughtful or enlightening messages in anything viewed by the youth, just mindless filler to keep them docile

Fuck off.
>>
>>13479799
This. G Reco was seriously one of the best Gundam entries since ZZ yet everyone here is too dumb to realize it.
>>
>>13489096
>>since ZZ
>ZZ
>good
I mean by that metric AGE is probably one of your favorites
>>
>>13489911
What a waste of double dubs
>>
>>13479010
>muh pole obsession
Get the fuck off of 4chan. You ARE the reason /tv/ is shit.
>>
>>13480477
Eva is far from fine.
>>
File: Kaiju Punchy Time.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiju Punchy Time.gif
1MB, 256x192px
I LOVE PACIFIC RIM
and
I WANT MORE
>>
>>13490144
/pol/ will inherently be shit.

/tv/ is beyond saving. It's an mainstream entertainment board which means that it will naturally attract shit posters.
>>
File: Elbow Rocket.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Elbow Rocket.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>13490313
Disgusting
>>
>>13482375
>>13482370
send help
>>
>>13478604
This thread is literally a shit poster shit posting about another shit poster.
>>
>>13490313
Agreed
>>
File: saltchuck.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saltchuck.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
You can barely see the boat's name here.
>>
>>13493383
whitebase needs saltchuck
>>
File: knifehead bracing.jpg (137KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
knifehead bracing.jpg
137KB, 1920x1080px
>>13493388
I want saltchuck to become a series staple.

Also Knifehead seems knows what he's(?) doing, redirecting the cannon with his baby hands and making that "bracing for impact" face.
>>
File: 0x155.jpg (141KB, 387x417px) Image search: [Google]
0x155.jpg
141KB, 387x417px
>>13479782
>Shitty skeleton meme
>This shit taste
>>
File: 1385376036801s.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1385376036801s.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
>>13480477
>pacific rim
>obnoxious
>>
File: tumblr_nxq9a69FTq1sfldijo1_400.png (384KB, 400x527px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxq9a69FTq1sfldijo1_400.png
384KB, 400x527px
New Godzilla movie got a title, trailer tonight.
>>
File: Skub.gif (48KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
Skub.gif
48KB, 900x300px
>>13493942
>Shitty skeleton meme
I like Pacific Rim, but Skeltal is GOAT.
Fucking Anti-Skubber.
>>
>>13495944
No he's right, it's shit.
>>
File: foru mai famiru.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
foru mai famiru.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>13478578
It's my favorite movie, I don't care what anyone thinks. Dialogue is shit but that's like watching a porno for the story. Legendary contracting out to Miranda studios to produce the CG was the best decision they made. What's amazing is that they actually designed brand new software that specializes in water effect and PR was the first film to use it. Hopefully it won't be kill like all of Del-Taco's other projects, but given his track-record I'm not optimistic.
>>13478647
>"Pacific Rim? What's that?"
I share this pain

>>13491581
The whole theater went wild when this happened. Friends and I stood up and cheered.
>>
>>13496199
The whole CG side of things in PR is fantastic. Really innovative.

Also the practical side is great too.
They built a to-scale cockpit.
>>
>>13496199
>Friends and I stood up and cheered.

Oh,god...please say this is bait.
>>
>>13496666
Nice quads.

Seriously, standing up for anything other than that webm is gay
>>
File: category 4.jpg (207KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
category 4.jpg
207KB, 1920x1080px
Old one, but got me thinking. It's either a mistake or they bumped it up after he survived taking point-blank shots.
>>
>>13490313
Me too. Especially more Cherno Alpha.
>>
File: Cherno Concept.jpg (653KB, 842x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Cherno Concept.jpg
653KB, 842x1216px
The thing I love about the Jaegers is just how different and unique and imaginative each of their designs are, and yet they still are able to somehow fit within the parameters the writers have set for the world they've created. I mean look at this shit, it's like the lovechild of a Zaku and a T-34.
>>
>>13498489
>lagann_ver_kondo.jpg
>>
>>13496666
Get off /m/ if you weren't hype for the elbow rocket
>>
>>13496666
if you don't have friends who do stupid shit with you i pity you.
>>
>>13498554
>>13498620

There's a difference between getting excited and then hooting and hollering in public in a theatre where the crowd is trying to watch the movie peacefully.
>>
File: 1446999898226.jpg (103KB, 681x440px) Image search: [Google]
1446999898226.jpg
103KB, 681x440px
>>13499278
>No being AMERICAN
lol, queer, enjoy your Religion of Peace
>>
File: 1447207558327.png (273KB, 469x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447207558327.png
273KB, 469x480px
>>13500090
>>No being
Murrica, everyone.
>>
>>13488794
Kek, keep your entertainment separate from your fucking education. It's fucks like you that push faux learning. Let a kid read electronics manuals and watch documentaries in one hour, and then TV in the next hour.

I certainly don't want to be strapped down with some philosophical shit while watching giant robots. If I need to be enlightened, NPR, Make Magazine, and Scientific American are fun and science-orie ted media.
>>
File: die.png (43KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
die.png
43KB, 200x240px
>>13488794
>pacifc rim
>no thoughtful or enlightening messages
Oh, look. Someone who probably pirated the BD and didn't even listen to Toro's commentary.
>>
>>13500377
del Toro is a joy to listen to. He always comes across as genuine.
>ywn enjoy anything as much as del Taco enjoys making movies.
>>
>>13500090

Sorry, bud, but even in the US of A, that shit's a social transgression in the public setting.
>>
>>13500473
Lies, all these fucking mouth breathers clap and holler when ever possible.
It's one of the reasons I stopped going to the movies.
>>
File: 1447332486245.jpg (138KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
1447332486245.jpg
138KB, 494x366px
>>13496009
This movie is shit for no reason because der fuhrer of 4chan seiz so am i cool yet guys?
>>
>>13500484
Stop going to movies on the opening night. That's the only time that stuff happens.
>>
>>13490144
He's right though and I hang out on /pol/ a lot. It's fucking impossible to discuss a WW2 movie there because fags keep derailing it into arguing whether the holocaust was a hoax or not.
>>
>>13503894
Yeah someone posting shitty Jojo memes would enjoy a meme movie like Pacific Rimjob.
>>
>>13503894
This is nothing. You should have seen it when it first game out. /tv/ was so butthurt about this movie for some reason, and kept hitting the threads.
>>
>>13504293
Or discuss a world war 2 game on /v/.
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.