[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the Death Star attack run have been if the Rebels had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

How would the Death Star attack run have been if the Rebels had VF-1s instead of X-Wings/Y-Wings?
>>
>>13462072
Max doing some sort of 0-g momentum spin like Vader while transforming a bunch while cruising down the trench would be pretty cool
>>
The critical flaw of the Empire was fielding insignificant numbers of TIEs for area defense, which isn't helped by giving the Rebs valkyries.
>>
>inb4 SW autist says "But X-Wings are better because muh Star Wars encyclopedia says they can pull over 9000 Gs!"
>>
File: dyrl.webm (3MB, 1334x720px) Image search: [Google]
dyrl.webm
3MB, 1334x720px
VF-1 battroid looks dumb sometimes. The legs aren't even attached to anything there. But yes Valkyries would wreck shit in Star Wars universe.
>>
>>13462072
Which one is faster, an X-wing or a VF-1?
>>
File: 1370689896023.png (259KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1370689896023.png
259KB, 640x480px
>Episode 7 will not have a space bard flying around in his custom X-Wing, shouting at Empire remnants and New Republic to stop fighting and to listen to his song
>Episode 8 & 9 will not be about said space bard fighting the not-Vong with rock and roll
>>
>>13462145
Watch that clip closely, one of those missiles is painted like a Budweiser can!
>>
>>13462156
Logically, the X-Wing would have to be faster in order to escape the atmosphere, but atmosphere's don't seem to work the same way in Star Wars that they do IRL, so I might be wrong.

VF-1 is obscenely more maneuverable, so it wins out. There are some faggots that try to argue the VF-1 can't penetrate the X Wing Shields (hence why proton torpedoes have a coating of plasma to break enemy shields) but they seriously overestimate the actual protective capabilities of said shields.
>>
Macrossfags are literally gigantic autistic spergs, who would've guessed?
>>
well on the one hand no force shot. On the other I guess it's moot when you can turn into a stationary robot and just you know. Shoot straight down
>>
>>13462120
!!
But they can, they'll just kill the pilot.
>>
There would've been a gigantic cyborg Grand Moff Tarkin at the end of the trench so Luke would have to transform his Valkyrie into Battroid mode and riddle his face with bullets
>>
>>13464685
Ackbar's flagship transforms into a giant robot and blasts its way into the Death Star then?
>>
>>13464790
They slam dunk the Death Star into the Maw.
>>
>>13462072
They would capture the Death Star instead of destroying it because they could walk around inside of it.
>>
I dunno, some of the later VFs I don't see having any trouble doing this but is the VF-1 really that good?
>>
>>13463084
Yeah, the shields never seemed to accomplish much besides get blown out.
>>
>>13463084
Pretty sure escaping the atmosphere is done with repulsorlift assistance. X-Wings never seemed particularly fast by /m/ standards.
>>
>>13465012

If it was a later era VF, they wouldnt even need to do the trench run.

> mfw VF-19
> mfw when pinpoint Barriers
> mfw when I can reach the reactor of the Death Star simply by raising barriers, flying right at the Death Star, and crashing through the 1200 decks between me and the middle of the battlestation.
> mfw I wont actually be harmed by this until the Death Star actually explodes around me.

Pinpoint barriers are fucking bullshit, man.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.