[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything Kawamori has ever done well that was unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: shoji-kawamori.jpg (70KB, 480x347px) Image search: [Google]
shoji-kawamori.jpg
70KB, 480x347px
Is there anything Kawamori has ever done well that was unrelated to his mechanical designs?

To me, he's a terrible director and writer.
>>
>>13458103
Ruining franchises?
>To me, he's a terrible director and writer.
Thanks for sharing, I'll remember that you said that?
>>
>>13458103

He's probably make the jet and gun noises too
>>
File: 1397140115493.webm (659KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
1397140115493.webm
659KB, 400x544px
>>13458103
Plus was kind of cool, but that had more to do with itano's choreography and his mechs...

...so no.
>>
0048 was nice.
>>
>>13458103
Armored Core.
>>
>>13458295
Plus was pretty much completely dominated by Shinichiro Wantanabe, so Kawamori took a massive back seat. That's why it turned out decently.
>>
Tech Romancer?
>>
Lots of potentially tricky bait today it seems
>>
>>13458358
Ah, so that's why it had such a huge Gundam vibe to it...

God, Kawamori a shit. If it weren't for SDF, VFs, and the GP01, I don't think I'd have a single word of praise for him.
>>
>>13458727
>huge Gundam vibe to it...
Huh, for a while there it seems like was confusing Watanabe with Yadate...
>>
He was a producer on Escaflowne, which was one of my major gateway anime. Felt that show was mixing up a lot of conventions from different genres (fantasy, mecha, shonen, shojo, etc.) a bit like the original Macross (sci-fi, music pop idol stuff). A lot of Kawamori ideas and influence on Escaflowne but filtered through another director.
>>
>>13459605
I think this kind of thing happens a lot in anime, my favorite Tezuka anime adaptions are the ones done by other people such as the Dezaki Black Jack OVAs, the best Urusei Yatsura is the stuff Oshii worked on, and you have to credit Tomino for everything he did developing the universal century world but many people regard some of the old school UC OVAs better then anything Tomino did.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.