[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to quest threads on /m/? Did that just become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: shadows of zeon quest.jpg (8KB, 181x250px) Image search: [Google]
shadows of zeon quest.jpg
8KB, 181x250px
Whatever happened to quest threads on /m/? Did that just become a /tg/ only thing? I heard that /m/ quests run on /tg/ don't live long because the right audience isn't on /tg/.

What if I want to run a quest thread meant for /m/?

Pic related, the most recent /m/ quest on /tg/.
>>
Even on /tg/ they're hated. The over saturation on quests leads to most not lasting past 7 threads. Zeon Quest is the only /m/ one I can think of that's lasted the test of time. Though 'Mech Engineer Quest was going strong for a while.

Quests really need their own board
>>
>>13452815
Shadows of Zeon finished up I think last week, and there's a good few other Gundam themed quests on Suptg.
>>
>>13452815
So you mean I should still run on /m/, thanks.
>>
>>13453047
I'm surprised that lasted as long as it did. I liked the premise, but lost interest when it started getting a little too Sue for my tastes.
>>
>>13453051
Jesus Christ, kill yourself.
"Even on /tg/ they're hated."
They're hated pretty much everywhere else and got relegated to teeg for a reason.
Don't fucking run one. This board has enough problems as it is, the last thing we need is RP shit returning.
>>
>>13453090
>quests
>RP

Methinks you've only seen planefag's quests where people freeform RP between each other. A normal quest is a straight up CYOA with votes.
>>
>>13453122
>Methinks
Fuck off back to /co/
/tg/ was my home board for years. If you honestly believe there's RP shit in quest threads you should stick to Aldnoah.Zero, faggot.
>>
quest threads were absolutely cancerous anyway so good riddance.
>>
>>13453138
>there isn't
>>
Quest threads are always cringe worthy unless done with complete irony.
The only good /m/ quest I've read was about Shinji eating cereal.
>>
>>13453072
Yea, he had some great world building at work, but the newtype harem bullshit got out of hand way too quick.
>>
How the fuck did Quests get forced onto /tg/ anyway? Last time I was there, they were almost universally despised outside of questfags.
>>
>>13454113
Mods on /a/, if memory serves.
A bunch of people were doing RP shit about their favorite shows and /tg/ is sorta the "odd" board (in that the definition of traditional games is so varied) so it seemed like a good place to put that shit. I guess it's cause RP/cyoa stuff has evolved on other forums (play by post) and the like, so I dunno, someone probably figured it was an ok place for that stuff to go, since in the most basic since a freeform quest is a /tg/. Then the rest of the boards followed suit.
>>
>>13452815

You can just use Anonkun like I do. I run a Gundam AU quest over there (just modified UC tech in a different timeline) but had to throw in a bunch of /u/ stuff to attract an audience. The site admin wants more users, preferably outside of the regular /d/-/u/ crowd he's getting, so I encourage you all to check it out.
>>
I didn't realize quests were so hated. I kinda feel a little bad for enjoying them.

My favorite had to be that one Gundam Age quest though, shame that the guy gave up on the quest.

I kinda do miss partaking in quests though so if you ever do decide to make one anywhere, I'd definitely participate.
>>
>>13454164
Which one is yours?
>>
>>13455220
Thinking of a Virtual-On or a shmups quest perhaps.
>>
>>13455220
Crosswire is a shit QM, if this thread is to go by at least.
>>
File: 1367801153829.jpg (103KB, 604x661px) Image search: [Google]
1367801153829.jpg
103KB, 604x661px
>>13455220
Was good times.
>>
>>13455425

All those Break Blade references only to be ruined by spiralling into base management and Mass Effect.
>>
>>13455425
>Break Blade

I can see the references in it.
>>
>>13455220
I don't think it's the quests themselves. Just the over saturation of them.
>>
>>13455295

Another World, Another War, the one that updates daily, or at least as closet to daily as I can make it.
>>
>>13457835
Reading through it now, pretty interesting.
Do a lot of people still follow your daily updates?

I might try doing one myself.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.