[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of Hajime Katoki, as a designer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sinanju.jpg (58KB, 554x346px) Image search: [Google]
sinanju.jpg
58KB, 554x346px
What does /m/ think of Hajime Katoki, as a designer?
>>
His original designs are mostly shit.
>>
Pretty great, but I don't like how he uses the same proportions for all his MSs.
>>
I like his earlier work and his non-robot design, but I loathe how he keeps on being asked to redesign other designs and inevitably makes them have long legs, skinny waists and small torsos.
>>
File: robot_mk5-037.jpg (88KB, 700x869px) Image search: [Google]
robot_mk5-037.jpg
88KB, 700x869px
I think he is the most successful mecha designer, in terms of ratio of mecha he has worked on/great mecha designs.

I collected the Gundam Fix toys because they were his versions of Gundam MS, they are fucking great. Pretty much all of them are improvements over the original design of the mobile suit.

I also collect the Ver Ka line of Robot Damashii toys. They are very expensive, but Katoki is the only mecha artist worth paying that much for.
>>
Legs are long.
No neck.
>>
Reminder: he did not design the MK-V.
>>
I like him as an artist, but not a designer.

I know it's a meme, but I just can't get over his proportions.
>>
>>13337026
Bretty gud, up there with Kawamori for me.
>>
Pretty good but I will always resent him for slapping psychoframe shit onto the Nu Gundam
>>
File: g_2.jpg (307KB, 843x729px) Image search: [Google]
g_2.jpg
307KB, 843x729px
漫画家にできてアニメスタッフにできない仕事
>>
>>13337457
He didn't "slap" shit on the Nu.
>>
>>13337026
I love his original designs, But not a big fan of his redesigns.

And I'm probably the only man in /m/ who's OK with his proportions. I don't necessarily love them, but I don't loathe them either.
>>
I think he's pretty cool. Most of his best work is still in Sentinel, but both his redesigns and originals vary very wildly in terms of quality for me. I love or hate almost everything he's designed with very few that hit somewhere inbetween.

I dig the emphasis on mechanical-looking lines on most of his designs, as opposed to Izubuchi's curves (though I love Izubuchi usually). Doubly ironic that Izubuchi's MG Hi-Nu was shit, and Katoki makes one that's far more true to Izubuchi's original design.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.