[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, if someone would want to make a super robot game in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: godannar_2.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
godannar_2.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
Hey, if someone would want to make a super robot game in the vein of say Getter Robo, Goddannar, Gunbuster or Pacific Rim - the whole "(alien) invaders, human fight them with giant robots" shtick...

What would you say would be required watching/reading?
>>
A/Z
>>
>>13331546

I mean, you have basically two whole decades worth of material starting with Mazinger Z and moving forward. I know Wikipedia has an fairly extensive list of most stuff produced at the time, just pick some and go. The quality may vary but the overall themes are going to be consistent.

Opinions will vary on which ones are 'good' and usually depend on which shows a person watched as a kid. Nostalgia factor plays a huge part in their reception. That being said, some personal favorites include:

-Voltes V
-Daimos
-Grendizer
-Mazinger Z
-Dancougar
-Dangaioh
-Hades Project Zeorymer
-Giant Robo
-Getter Robo G (Haven't seen original all the way through)
-Change! Getter Robo
-Godannar
-Gaogaigar
-RaijinOh

There's just mountains of this stuff. What kind of game did you have in mind?
>>
>>13331644
Alien machines invade, humans in desperation accidentally create godmachine giant robots to fight them. Lots of hotblood and drama cranked to 11. Something like that. I'll have a default setting of sorts but assume players fill in the blanks as they play.

I'm mostly avoiding the Eva and its kin here.

Recommendations seem good. Seen/Read some of them.
>>
>>13331546
Ideon for the human discover evil ancient super weapon
Aliens try to stop them
>>
>>13331685
I've been meaning to watch that. Do like me some space.

(I kind of like Knights of Sidonia but it's not exactly what I'm going for)
>>
>>13331546
For the story you're trying to make, I recommend the Getter manga, Armageddon, and Gunbuster. New Getter might help too but I've yet to see it.
>>
>>13332186
Will look into them, thanks.
>>
Dai Guard
>>
>>13331660
>I'm mostly avoiding the Eva and its kin here.
Eva as a story has some problems, but it's a fucken good setting. Why would you specificially want to avoid that awesome fortess city setting? Shit has potential, if only it were to e used.
>>
>>13337401
Eva used its potential, but not nearly enough of it and it was used poorly. Not even mentioning the downshift to EVERYTHING IS TUMBLING, TUMBLING from the Leliel fight onward.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.