[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One Piece is /m/ thread for discussing one piece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: Big Emperor.jpg (104KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Big Emperor.jpg
104KB, 1920x1080px
One Piece is /m/ thread for discussing one piece
>>
Can't wait for Franky vs. San Juan Wolf.
>>
>>13329408
why won't robin just get in the fucking robot
>>
How can anybody enjoy One Piece?
It makes DBZ look fast paced and smartly written.
>>
>>13329644
It's fun. Franky vs Senor Pink was great
>>
>>13329644

maybe if you watch the abysmal anime
>>
>>13329701
Has there ever been a Toei adaptation of a long running Shonen manga that wasn't absolute garbage? The adaptation I mean, not the manga.
>>
>>13329630
I lol'd
>>
>>13329644
The manga is actually pretty great. It's just the anime that's slow paced.
>>
>>13329617
Why do you think it's gonna be Franky who takes him down? Has Oda commented on it or something? I always thought he would be fighting Burgess (tho I guess that could change now, after Sabo took him down and who knows what will happen).

On second thought, it would be really cool if Burgess fought Robin.
>>
File: one_piece_ch715_p04-05-panels.jpg (188KB, 641x590px) Image search: [Google]
one_piece_ch715_p04-05-panels.jpg
188KB, 641x590px
Is this guy /m/?
>>
File: ideon_full1.jpg (119KB, 336x658px) Image search: [Google]
ideon_full1.jpg
119KB, 336x658px
>>13330291
Duh
>>
>>13330119
Not that anon, but I've always thought Franky would fight San Juan too, because San Juan is fucking HUGE and Franky seems like the best suited Strawhat to fight against something of that size. Maybe he'll pull some crazy shit like wearing the Sunny as power armor.
>>
>>13330317
Yeah, that makes sense. It would be cool to see all the strawhats going at him a la Moriah!Oars but, since that was done already, it may lessen the awesome. Other than Franky, I could see Chopper taking him on.
And Burgess vs Robin would still be awesome too.

All of that being said tho, Oda has mixed it up a bit with some of the matchup choices in the past, so we might still get something crazy like Brook vs San Juan or something.
>>
>>13330388
Scratch that, Chopper would obviously go against Doc Q. Still, he'd be my second choice other than franky to go against wolf.
>>
>>13329723
I hear the World Trigger one is decent, but since it caught up to the manga now they will be doing god awful fillers
>>
>>13330317
I know that everyone skips leg day in One Piece, but I still think Franky Shogun's legs are scrawny because it's only the top half of a bigger combiner.
PIRATES DOCKING 6, BIG EMPEROR
>>
They will find Gold Roger's treasure.

It will literally be one piece of gold, as Gold Roger was broke af and kept other pirates in check using fear and respect.

When Luffy finds it, he will wear it as a necklace and everyone will respect him as the Pirate King.

There, you now know the final episode/act of One Piece. You're welcome.

How did I figure this out? Solely from the 4kids pirate rap.
>>
>>13330710
It's friendship.

Oda can say and promise it isn't friendship, he can even give Luffy's crew an infinite amount of gold or all the power in the world and fulfill their every wish, but it'd still be friendship.
>>
File: 1406733609481.jpg (104KB, 461x403px) Image search: [Google]
1406733609481.jpg
104KB, 461x403px
>>13330710
>>13330749
C'mon, people, you're both wrong.
There will be a map, a chase for the treasure, and a good, old-fashioned treasure chest.
And in that chest will be a seed, for a tree that grows the Ultimate Devil Fruit, which will give its user all the powers. It'll accidentally be eaten by Franky Shogun, bringing the robot to life and making it the most powerful thing in the world. Everyone will rally together to destroy it, and the seed will be destroyed in the process. Then we get an open ending. It's so obvious.
>>
wan piss
>>
>>13329723
Kinnikuman's is apparently pretty fun, even if it skips over the monster hunts among other things. Meanwhile, Sakigake!! Otokojuku has a fairly good adaptation that only had a battle or two cut out near the end (although in fairness, the series itself was getting derivative/repetitive by that point).

Also, vanilla Dragon Ball's (and not Z) had only a few issues, but was actually decent and enhanced some story arcs nicely.
>>
>>13332119

There's always /a/ for that, /a/non.
>>
>>13329644
Like other anons mentioned you should definitely read it instead of watching.

Out of all the shonen fighting shows, it's the best of the bunch. It's strongest aspect is its world building. As opposed to DBZ or other shows it actually feels thought out with many things set up and the series continually rewards readers for following it. Characters are not ever forgotten (except Don Krieg and Kuro). It also doesn't feel cynical at all.

It's just a fun series to follow.
>>
>>13332202

I'm beginning to think that a good portion of the people hating on good shounen watch only the anime and don't actually read any manga.
>>
>>13329617

Looking forward to Franky vs San Juan Wolf in the Thousand Sunny-bot you mean. Franky vs Kuma should be great too.
>>
>>13330291
dat ZX looking belt tho
>>
>>13330291
>Explosive cannon Ideo
>with those shoulders

I mean, come on.
>>
File: scratchmen.jpg (410KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
scratchmen.jpg
410KB, 566x800px
>>13333829
Those actually aren't his shoulders, they're a second pair of elbows. He's from the longarm tribe, like Scratchmen Apoo.
>>
>>13333842
I fucking despise scratchmen apoo
>>
>>13334090
He's more interesting than half of the Supernovas at least
>>
>>13334098
But the supernovas in general are just not that interesting. The Shichibukai are still more interesting just between Law, Hancock, Mihawk and Buggy.

From the supernovas, Basil Hawkins and Jewelry Bonney are the only ones that manage to hold my attention, to varying degrees.
>>
>>13334180

I think both Capone Bege and X Drake are quite cool too, since Capone just has a really fun power and X Drake has an interesting setup as a marine who left to pursue a vendetta against one of the Yonkou and can transform in to a t-rex.

And that's discounting Luffy, Zoro and Law, who all have gotten significant panel time (Law a lot less, obviously) within the manga. Law is a pretty standard bishounen character in a lot of ways I suppose, but his increasing frustration and then acceptance of the Strawhat's craziness along with his reaction faces to things like Chopper hat are a lot of fun and his powers can make for some interesting fights and great panels (like cutting the top off a mountain fighting Vergo).

The only ones I think are flat out boring is probably Urouge and Killer, and that's mostly because we've seen so little of them. When the manga finally gets around to focusing on them a little I imagine they'll become more than just "big strong guy" and "faceless sword dude", which is basically all they are at the moment.
>>
File: 1356821095385.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1356821095385.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
>>13329408
Nigga who got time for that shit it's like 800+ episodes long
>>
>>13334369
>Watching
>Not reading
The anime goes to shit after a couple hundred episodes anyways, and is full of garbage filler.
>>
>>13329701
Not the same anon but Dressrosa is dragging too much, we were nearly in the 3rd year after its arc started and we're still in.

And in every fucking arc, the crew are separated in the first 15 chapters and they run, run and run until they encounter an enemy, each of the crew member has a fight on 3 or 4 chapters and for Luffy the final boss in 10 chapters.

I liked the tournament part, but after that, it became a generic One Piece arc.

Marine Ford best Arc
>>
>>13334369

The manga is the better choice, so read that instead. It's still 800 chapters, but it's not like it's a race, so it's fine to read a handful of chapters every day or two until you're caught up. Which should only take a few minutes a day since reading chapters is quite quick. The anime is great at times, because the music and voice acting are on point for a lot of the big scenes, but once you get past Skypiea (I think it's around there) the anime starts really padding for time and getting kind of ridiculous, so it's better to just use it to watch your favorite scenes instead of watching it straight through.
>>
>>13334303
>The only ones I think are flat out boring is probably Urouge

Urouge was a very interesting set up himself, Oda actually put work into him from the outset as opposed to simply a gimmick ability you like Capone for.

Urouge has the same wings as Birka natives, the island Enel destroyed before Skypeia, hinting he may have a connection with the only other Birka survivors who were Enel and his priests. His crew is the Fallen Monk pirates, his transformation ability called 'Karmic Punishment', so what made the 'Highest Priest' end up a pirate in the grand line picking fights in bars at Sabaody? And why does this monk rarely stop smiling? Even when he thought a Pacifista was the end of him, he was still smiling like a D on the floor. One of the few times he did stop smiling was when he saw Raijin Island, and island showered by lightning that possibly reminded him of Enel.
>>
>>13334303
A I'd forgotten about X Drake. Yeah he's cool. Cooler than Basil Hawkins who I really only threw in there because I didn't remember X Drake.

So, Jewelry Bonney and X Drake are cool yeah. But fuck Scratchmen Apoo. And Fuck Urouge too while we're at it.
>>
>>13334608
Man, I hardly remember anything about Skypeia (or before) at this point. I remember Enel, but that's about it.
>>
>>13334657
I completely forgot about Wyper and the natives until they showed up in Pirate Warriors 3
>>
>>13334664
I re-read Ennies Lobby lately because I saw a random clip with the water train and I could not remember that at all. Then I re-read Water 7 and Ennies Lobby and I reeaaaally had forgotten a whole bunch.
>>
>>13334709
I remember the water train purely because of the guy with noodle powers, that fight with Sanji was great
>>
>>13334711
Lol i just read that arc an I'd already forgotten him hahaha

sanji with the knives was pretty cool tho
>>
I'm kinda bummed that I feel like we still haven't seen a REAL fight for the strawhats after the time skip. Like, even the dressrossa arc didn't really tax them in a "fight" sense other than luffy. Zoro/Pica was sort of a proper fight but not really, Usopp pulled off a cool sniping thing but didn't really fight anyone, Franky "fought" Senor Pink but the whole thing was in good part just played for laughs, then we didn't really see anything of Nami, Chopper or Sanji, and Robin just played assist to Rebecca and Kyros.

I dunno, in every arc post-timeskip I've felt cheated out of strawhat battle coolness. right now I think that's my biggest complaint about the manga.
>>
>>13335462
i'mma disagree with you, thats only part of the bigger problem and that is ever since the timeskip oda has been dragging ass through his chapters and the worst one was this last arc.
>>
>>13335498
Yeah Dressrossa just would not end. Some chapters were beyond pointless. Still, they work better when you read them in one go. Part of the problem is the chapter-a-week thing I think. It feels like far too little, even when it's a good one.
>>
>Mech appears once in series
>Its totally /m/ guys!
>>
>>13335538
But Franky is a legit cyborg, and one of the main characters. Then there's the pacifistas and vegapunk and the legendary weapons and the city in the moon and the void century (or was it dark history). I dunno that seems pretty /m/ to me.
>>
>>13334398
Dressrosa is over m8
>>
Don't bring /a/ shit here. No matter how you spun it, robot fighting isn't the theme of the show.

I still blame Tokufag and Maho/u/ Shoujofag for making people misunderstand.
>>
>>13337347
but you cant discuss anything in /a/, filled by shitposters as it is
>>
>>13339248
Not only is that blatantly false, it's completely irrelevant. You don't talk about shit that isn't /m/ on /m/. Not like you'd be likely to get any better discussion here anyway.
>inb4 responses with the usual undeserved sense of superiority /m/ always has
>>
>>13334413
I jumped in at the end of Thriller Bark Arc knowing all the character's background and read up until beginning of Punk Hazard Arc. I can't find any of it interesting or emotional. Luffy's identity revelation kinda weakens it.
>>
I dropped One Piece after Dressrosa. That shit was absolutely unforgivable.
>>
>>13339386
Posts like these are why people say we're autists. Reading up on a backstory is not in any conceivable universe the same as getting to know it through the story in the way the story tells it, you autist.

An attitude like this >>13339414, however, is completely understandable (even if i, personally, don't find it agreeable).
>>
>>13335564
Is the theme robutts and/or cyborgs? No? Then
go back to /a/.
>>
>>13339663

Are you a mod or even a janitor? No? Then fuck off with your backseat modding.
>>
>>13339587
Surprisingly I probably am. But my point was with how people gushing about the story I've given it about 2 years and nothing stood out really that justifies its popularity.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 218x231px
>>13339755
Sorry i triggered you so much.
>>
>>13339941

You realize I copied your post, so if I'm triggered it implies you are just as (or more) triggered too?
>>
File: GetaLoadofThisFaggot.jpg (4KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
GetaLoadofThisFaggot.jpg
4KB, 120x90px
>>13339959
>Implying you didn't start the triggering when you replied to my first post
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.