[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: 1430830113774[1].jpg (625KB, 1169x932px) Image search: [Google]
1430830113774[1].jpg
625KB, 1169x932px
Reminder.
>>
Looks like Skynet stepped up its dental hygiene program. Genysis endo is rocking some pearly whites!
>>
>>12549631
>Obamacare is the way of the future
>>
Man CGI fucking sucks when will people ever learn
>>
>>12549582
>terminator gets whiter teeth
>joker gets metaller teeth
>>
>>12549631

Intentionally or unintentionally, it also looks like it's a woman's face and skull. Compare the jawlines between the first two films and genysis.
>>
File: 1430816486161.jpg (126KB, 655x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430816486161.jpg
126KB, 655x1024px
Aaand dropped.
>>
>>12549970
You should have dropped it already when we had the thread with the plot leak.

This is going to be a giant, giant piece of shit.
>>
>>12550022
Plot leak? Is it going to be worse than the last one?
>>
>>12550040
>>12550022
Please recap for those that missed it.
>>
>>12550064
everybody's a secret terminator from the past future and then they get buried and wake up in the future past and then they're secretly a terminator except the one who isnt
>>
>>12550040
>>12550064
Starts of like Terminator 1, where John Connor sends back Kyle Reese to save his mother. Except this time, the T1000 from T2 is already in the past, and even before that Old Arnold version was sent back and raised Sarah Connor, taught her how to fight. He looks old because the organic exterior aged or someshit.

After some other shenanigans that are reused elements from T1 and T2, they go forward into time for some reason, and find out that John Connor has been turned into some kind of Nanomachine Terminator and is like the main villain.

I'm probably getting some details wrong, but that's about how I remember the summary.
>>
>>12550115
>find out that John Connor has been turned into some kind of Nanomachine Terminator and is like the main villain.

Oh, so they basically reused elements from the original ending of Salvation then?
>>
File: 1292263756206.png (383KB, 601x399px) Image search: [Google]
1292263756206.png
383KB, 601x399px
>>12550083
Whoa, wow... that's some escalation of shit. In next one the skynet and terminators will all secretly be humans, i reckon...

Thanks dorkly yu've saved me from terrible butthurt an wasted money.
>>
>>12550115
>and find out that John Connor has been turned into some kind of Nanomachine Terminator and is like the main villain
which is inspired by the originally planned ending of T4 that was discarded during production cause it was fucking retarded.

Genisys is pretty much "Hey, let's try to make a movie entirely out of bad ideas!"
>>
So, if we try to apply the same design direction to Alien, that would give us:

-Ripley, Newt and Hicks all survive as the kickass space family
-somehow they end up on a the aliens' homeworld
-it's a micro-planet entirely made out of wood with a 10 meter-thick atmosphere
-then they go on Earth and take the aliens with them
-by the way the aliens are weird stumpy things that look like the Brundlefly
-one guy gets asskilled by an alien while taking a shit
-the Space Jockeys appear and they make Hicks fuck another male marine because they don't understand human biology
-otherwise the rest of the movie is like alien 2 but with more guns and more marines
-Ripley swears a lot for no reason
-at one point she hallucinates and sees a sheep with an alien's head and Newt's face where its ass should be.

DIRECTED BY THE GUY WHO DIRECTED DISTRICT 9, DISTRICT 9 AND DISTRICT 9

would you watch it?
>>
>>12550165
Too bad Colonial Marines is canon :^)
>>
>>12550414
Who gives a shit about canonicity? Each movie is its own thing anyway.
>>
File: 388.png (231KB, 900x1316px) Image search: [Google]
388.png
231KB, 900x1316px
>1978
>>
>>12550165

>DIRECTED BY THE GUY WHO DIRECTED DISTRICT 9, DISTRICT 9 AND DISTRICT 9

top kek
>>
>>12550620
SHH DON'T LET THEM FIND OUT THEN THEY'LL KNOW ABOUT STAR WARS TOO
>>
The face still scares the piss out of me.
>>
>>12550115
I want to see how awful this is now.
>>
longform spoilers I got here
In 2029, the Resistance led by John Connor (Jason Clarke) has successfully destroyed Skynet headquarters. Connor and his best friend, Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney), raid a Skynet outpost in Los Angeles to rescue human prisoners and to investigate Connors' suspicions that Skynet has developed a time-displacement device in a desperate effort to change the outcome of the war by altering the past. They locate the machine and learn that Skynet has just sent a T-800 to 1987 to murder Connor's mother, Sarah Connor (Emilia Clarke), and prevent Connor from being born. Connor then sends Reese to 1987 as well to protect Sarah. Just as Kyle is leaving, Connor is attacked by the T-5000, an advanced prototype Terminator that can turn into a swarm of nanomachines.

In 1987, the T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) begins searching for Sarah when he is confronted by another T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger), who destroys the first one with heavy artillery guns.

Meanwhile, Kyle arrives in 1987 and is confronted by two policemen while stealing a vagrant's clothes. The two cops turn out to be a T-1000 (Byung Hun-Lee) and a T-850, who chase Kyle to nearby clothing store. Just as he appears to be cornered, Sarah and the T-800 arrive in a fortified jeep and Sarah exclaims "Come with me if you want to live".

Sarah, Kyle and the T-800 are chased by the T-1000 and the T-850 through the streets of Los Angeles, but manage to hide in a junkyward where they set up a makeshift base of operations, and where Kyle learns that the T-1000 was sent to 1969 to murder Sarah as a young girl, but the reprogrammed T-800 saved her, though her parents were murdered. They've been evading the T-1000 since then, and the T-800 has trained Sarah to be a skilled fighter. She considers him a surrogate father and calls him "Pops", explaining to Kyle.
>>

>"Listen, give Pops a little respect. He studied since their arrival here. He had no clue how to raise children. So he conducted research. Read books. Watched "Sesame Street". Between lectures on how to destroy the cyborg assassins and survive the nuclear holocaust, he took me to museums and zoos."

The trio is located by the T-1000 and the T-850. Kyle destroys the T-850 with a pipe bomb, while Sarah lures the T-1000 into a trap and dissolves him in acid. With the T-800 sent by Skynet destroyed, his microchip is never found by Cyberdyne Systems and used to create the basis for Skynet.

The timeline changes, and Kyle acquires new memories of the future, in which his parents give him an iPhone for his birthday with an advanced Operational System developed by Cyberdyne called "Genisys", which will be uploaded to the Internet in 2017 and become self-aware, becoming Skynet and causing Judgement Day only a few days later.

Sarah, Kyle and Pops decide to travel to 2017 in a makeshift time-displacement device developed by Pops. However, Pops can't travel with them due to the damage the T-1000 inflicted on him, and goes into dormant mode at their junkyard lair, so Sarah and Kyle can find and reactivate him in 2017.

In 2017, Sarah and Kyle reunite with Pops, whose organic exterior has aged, and they set out to infiltrate Cyberdyne Systems and destroy the Genisys Program.

Sarah, Kyle and Pops end up in the hospital, where they are confronted by John Connor. Kyle realizes that the T-5000 nanomachines infected Connor in 2029 after he left for 1987 and brainwashed him into becoming a cyborg loyal to Skynet. Connor then traveled back in time to 2017 to help Miles Dyson (Courtney B. Vance) and his son, Danny Dyson (Dayo Okeniyi), develop the Genisys Program and ensure Skynet's survival and the deaths of Sarah and Kyle.
>>

Sarah, Kyle and Pops evade the police and Connor while attempting to reach Cyberdyne headquarters. They eventually succeed, with Pops sacrificing himself to blow up the facility, destroying the Genisys Program and killing the corrupted Connor. Sarah and Kyle lament Pops' death.

>KYLE: "If a machine could love, he loved you."

>SARAH: "He was not a machine. He was my father".

Suddenly, it turns out Pops has survived the explosion by being coated in liquid metal from the T-1000 assembly line. Now in liquid metal form, Pops reunites with Sarah and Kyle, and they find themselves stranded in 2017, although they have prevented Skynet's birth.

Umbeknowst to them, however, Connor has created a back-up of the Genisys Program, which begins rebooting, and becomes Skynet. To make matters worse, Skynet has begun developing Terminators much earlier to ensure the Resistance is never formed, and is secretly mass-producing an army of T-5000 to destroy the human race.

Cue sequel hook.

I still have no clue what happens.
>>
>>12551210
>>12551216
>>12551222

Thanks dorkly!
>>
>>12551216
>give him an iPhone for his birthday with an advanced Operational System developed by Cyberdyne called "Genisys", which will be uploaded to the Internet in 2017 and become self-aware, becoming Skynet and causing Judgement Day only a few days later.

Oh... oh my.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

>>12551222

>dat fucking sequel hook

Motherfucker, they were very confident that this will pan out, don't they?
>>
>>12550083

sounds like scientology.
>>
>>12550083
>from the past future and then they get buried and wake up in the future past
A thousand years from now, Gondor was destroyed.
A thousand years ago, Gondor will be saved.
>>
>>12550165
District 9 was good.
The rest of the stuff he was in charge of though...
>>
I got the gist of the plot from the latest trailer, which is sad because I was interested in this movie despite the clusterfuck plot.
Now, I'm not sure I want to see it.

But get a load of that shitty CG shit in the OP, how many decades before it starts to look like actual make-up or animatronics?
>>
>>12551210
>1987
Isn't that already in and of itself a divergence?
>>
File: ewj2-end.png (5KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
ewj2-end.png
5KB, 256x223px
>>12550083
>>
So when does Sarah give birth to John if she's busy with all this shit?
How is John being kept safe, or brought up?

And why can the Time Displacement rig travel into the future now? Wouldn't it be simpler to make a cryogenic tube?
>>
>>12551458
>And why can the Time Displacement rig travel into the future now?

They just stole the idea from the Sarah Conner's Chronicle.
>>
File: 1430830882863.jpg (81KB, 419x310px) Image search: [Google]
1430830882863.jpg
81KB, 419x310px
and then the John Connor from after he gets un-terminatored sends a T-1000 back to 1957 to terminate Emmet Brown before he can invent the Flux Capacitor, but future Biff has already taken over wild-west Hill Valley and run it into the ground so it's not even a town anymore by the 1950's, just a Circle-K and a telephone booth.
So Sam Beckett has to go back to the 1800's and assume the role of Wild Dog Tannen's father in order to raise him to be able to pass high school so that he can get a job as a carraige driver and run over a young H.G. Wells before he can write The Time Machine which is really where all this shit started.
>>
>>12551516
>>
>>12551516
Can we kill the Doctor while you're at it?
>>
File: TERMINATOR HAND.gif (175KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
TERMINATOR HAND.gif
175KB, 160x120px
Man I really miss 80's action movies.

Modern ones just dont have the same feeling.

Especiall with the frist two terminator movies. The music and grittyness really made it feel like shit was going down. Like this scene. Ahnolds actually pretty scary. They made this shit rated R for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFxaCa-hr8o
>>
File: Korrath.png (282KB, 767x532px) Image search: [Google]
Korrath.png
282KB, 767x532px
>>12551555
>the Doctor
>>
>>12549582
>The newer looks like a 60s shit TV show.
Hahahaha. Wow.
>>
>Byung Hun-Lee is in this
Man, I'll have to see this
>>
The guy they got to play John Conner looks like a gigantic faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGSxss7gWak
>>
>>12551567
Having known of the Terminator's inage years before seeing T1, I was surprised he was in those junkie clothes for the majority of the movie.
>>
>>12551605

Did... did they just spoiled the big twist of their own movie?

Why the fuck would they do that?
>>
>>12551633

Because they are fucking idiots. They spoiled the twist and showed all the big action scenes and one liners.

They showed us the entire fucking movie in about 2min.
>>
>>12551633
because people will go watch it anyway
>>
>>12551645
This is exactly why I've hated movie trailers ever since 1985's Transformers: The Movie.
>"Does Prime die?"
>"Who will lead the Autobots?"
The second question answered the first. Ever since then I've avoided trailers unless I had no intention of watching the movie. I've had to avoid /co/ for the past couple of months to keep Age of Ultron from being spoiler'd to hell.
>>
>>12551675
The obvious answer is that they want to show off the stupid nanomachine effects but can't without spoiling who the nanonator is supposed to be.

I can't watch TV anymore either because the "recap" at the start of every show spoils what you're about to see.
If I'm watching the show regularly, you shouldn't want to alienate me.
So I just pirate the few shows worth watching. It's not like I have a ratings box.
>>
>>12551633
Literally everyone I know didn't give a shit about the movie until HOLY FUCK JOHN CONNOR IS A TERIMINATOR!? OH GOD I MUST SEE THIS NOW.

They've only spoiled the What, which results in successful marketing because people now absolutely need the Why and How.
>>
>>12551721
That only matters if the story is actually good.
>>
>>12551728
>That only matters if people buy tickets to see the movie

FTFY
>>
>>12551728
Nope. People love trainwrecks too.
>>
>>12551743
No, I mean that spoilers don't matter if the execution is good.
If it's shitty and all anyone would've valued is the shock of the surprise, then the marketers have completely sunk the fucking film.
>>
>>12550115
A leak? I remember seeing a trailer where all this was spilled out.

Genisys is supposed to have cost about 170 million to make, including 30 million they spent on getting the rights from the bankruptcy asset managers of the people who made Terminator: Salvation. However at that sum you'd still expect it to look on decent enough in comparison to Terminator 2, which cost about 100 million to make and used shitloads of really expensive practical effects and unproven CGI techniques.

However my suspicion here is that the most creative people in Hollywood, the accountants, have had their fingers in the pie and made the movie look a lot more expensive to make so that they can claim much lower profits and thus pay a lot more taxes. This movie sure as hell doesn't look like it cost 140 million to make even when you factor in that they got Arnold to feature in it. Hell, the man is literally the only really expensive actor in the movie.

The thing that really kills Genisys for me is how shitty the T-1000 looks in this movie. I know it's supposed to be a stopgap villain before the real main villain in the shape of nanomachine Connor shows up, but it's still got no right to have CGI effects that look worse than in a movie from 1991.
>>
File: 368.png (273KB, 900x1316px) Image search: [Google]
368.png
273KB, 900x1316px
>>12550677

Whatever could you be talking about?
>>
>>12551786
the CG isn't so hot, but Asian Robert Patrick was some nice casting
>>
>>12550620
>>12551801

What are these from? Someone please help
>>
>>12552066
Black Lion maybe? I only ever saw the anime but it looks like it.
>>
Still one of the best themes ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwWYOE3Y9o
>>
>>12552066
>>12552076
Yeah it's Black Lion. Ken Isihikawa manga about a cyborg samurai.
>>
>>12549931
I want to say that's just the sleeker design giving the impression of a more feminine form, but then I remembered what movie we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in an extra female Terminator as a reference to 3, or decided to reveal Sarah was a Terminator as the true TWIIIIIIST.
>>
>>12549931
Well the comics had female series-800 terminators. The endoskeleton on the right is not the same terminator as on the left.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.