[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SF Shinseiki Lensman sub checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: lensman poster.jpg (84KB, 600x852px) Image search: [Google]
lensman poster.jpg
84KB, 600x852px
Hello /m/,

I'm currently working on adding English subs to the Japanese version of the movie SF Shinseiki Lensman using a translated script that I found off the internet. I'm using a Spanish-subbed fan version of the Japanese release as a reference (which was translated off the English script that I'm using) and so far I have some progress done on it, but I'd like to know from you all (or those who are interested, in general) if the subs are correct.

https://mega.co.nz/#!7gswxaRB!7SLZq45OqZQVe7l8qrF8MJ6q1Ypx0-uGatNVC5EF-1o

This is a short clip showing what I had finished so far before; I am now using the Japanese LD version of the movie as the video source and I have a few more minutes of the movie translated.
>>
>>12529379

Goddamn I wish I could help. I have the dub VHS still sealed, and a bud with a VHS copying machine. He's just been busy with one thing or another for months and months.
>>
>>12529528
Sad to hear that. Do you think you have enough money to get a VHS copy machine yourself?
>>
>>12529379
I can't help but still admit that you're awesome.
>>
>>12529603

Yes, but frankly, it's not worth it to me. I only have this and a Mike Allred movie to rip. (I might want to get crazy and do a few VHS only Artmic releases, because the present rips are ass.) I'm patient, it will happen The friend is a good guy, who will do it when he has time and such. I just have no idea when really. The only thing that makes me sad is that your project now puts mine on a clock. I'm seeing Ultron with him on Sunday. I'll try to lite a fire under his ass.
>>
>>12529774
Why rip your VHS copy of the movie when we already have a LD source of it on the Internet?

>>12529656
thanks m8
>>
>>12529951

Well, it'd be nice to have the dub, for posterity's sake. And I figure the dub track would help in clarifying and cleaning up the subs.
>>
>>12529379
>I am now using the Japanese LD version of the movie
I didn't know there was a Japanese LD of the movie.

>>12530021
It might be a week or two, but I could probably knock out a copy of the dub off my LD like I knocked out a copy of the moonspeak.
>>
>>12529774
>I might want to get crazy and do a few VHS only Artmic releases, because the present rips are ass.
That'd be great, especially if this means Gall Force can look a lot better.
>>
>>12530418

Most of Gal Force has gotten better releases lately. There are still a few that do need improvement, but jDeed may do them eventually.

.... And I own the DVDs.

There are a few (I forget which) that only have VHS releases. For that though, I'd have to buy the VHS' and really start imposing on my friend beyond two tapes. I don't know if I want to go that far. Depends on what happens with the two I have him agreed to do right now.
>>
>>12530413
There were two Japanese LD releases of the movie

One was just a regular release, but the other one was a re-release included in the LENSMAN SPECIAL laserdisc pack (which also included a video clip titled "making of SF Shinseiki Lensman" and the first 6 episodes of the TV series). According to a LD wiki, the re-released version has better video AND audio quality.

the person whom I got the Japanese LD version from tells me that this version is the first one and not the re-released one

Interestingly enough, the Japanese LD and VHS version are both in 4:3 widescreen; the VHS version is on YouTube if you search the full movie title in Japanese but the video and audio quality of it both look and sound awful unfortunately
>>
>>12530905
oh cool
>>
bump

Would really like to get some feedback from this so I can at least know if the subs are correct
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.