[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a future does hand-drawn mecha animation have?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: gothicmade.jpg (683KB, 1998x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gothicmade.jpg
683KB, 1998x1080px
How much of a future does hand-drawn mecha animation have?
>>
Eh
Where there is money, there will be handdrawn
>>
>>12523570
5-10 years.
>>
>>12523570
Seriously none.
Animator (job) will extinct anytime soon due to low pay.
>>
>>12523609
Low pay AND shit work conditions.
Give it time and the industry will either make the appropriate changes or will move to cheaper means.
>>
>>12523675
>work conditions
Their studios look like accountant offices, nothing like places where creative people dwell. I always wonder.
>>
>>12523609
>>12523675
Low pay and shit conditions have always been a staple of common anime since the 50's.

The only studios that treat their animators like proper employees and people are Khara and Kyoto Animation (and maybe Ghibli, though they're dead).

The only difference is that there are less skilled animators in the industry nowadays compared to the 80's because anime has become less popular than other mediums such as video games, which is where most young talent who want to work in the entrainment industry in Japan go to.
>>
>>12523694
Working at Ghibli caused one animator's death.
>>
>>12523694
>there are less skilled animators in the industry nowadays compared to the 80's
But animation is better. It's a miracle.
>anime has become less popular than other mediums such as video games
It's much more popular then in the 80s now.
>>
>>12523690
>Getting payed less than 9k a year

They should be making AT LEAST 40K a year
>>
>>12523707
That's because Kondo was the animation director for all of Takahata's projects and did a substantial amount of key animation for Miyazaki's schtick as well. He was born with an illness though that resulted in his lungs getting punctured. He wasn't healthy to begin with, and he always kept quiet about these things until it was too late.

Still, Miyazaki is an insane workaholic and doesn't tolerate much creativity from his animators, but the working conditions at Ghibli are vastly superior to most other animation studios. If you want to see what your typical animation studio is like, read Gainax's Nonteki Memoirs. A college dorm would pale in comparison to the shitholes animators have to work in.
>>
>>12523694
I just can't understand why animators get shafted so hard. Is it really so hard to just give them proper wages? What's even the reason for the shit pay?
>>
>>12523723
Then they should move to America. American animators actually make decent living wages.
>>
File: topkek.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>12523715
>>
>>12523723
Nobody is buying shit.
Where does that money come from?
>>
>>12523723
What does it have to do with their offices? Nothing.
>>
>>12523737
>Nobody is buying shit
According to whom?

Nobody, because anime still sells just like it did in the past.
>>
>>12523730
I heard that 60s and 70s were terrible for artists, some mangaka was locked by his editor to finish the chapter (somebody famous).
>>
File: asura-720x220.jpg (38KB, 720x220px) Image search: [Google]
asura-720x220.jpg
38KB, 720x220px
>>12523734
>American animators

First of all, there are no more "American" animators. They're all from Canada, as are most western animation studios in North America these days. They also mostly use flash animation, which is typically even worse than CGI.

Also, animation is completely dead in the US. Disney has already dissolved its animation studios in favor of CGshit like Frozen. Most of the western shows that you see with good animation are from Korea, like Avatar and all those DC animated movies.

Let me tell you, Korea and China will dominate the animation industry in less than a decade. They have more young, talented animators and can work with more styles of animation than your typical Japanese studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a7r3chqOA4
>>
>>12523735
Your mom is bait. Try some modern TV anime, most of them are godlike animationcompared to 80s slidefest. OVAs were good but TV versions were worse than what they do nowadays.
>>
>>12523730
He bullies Anno so it's alright.
>>
>>12523770
Aaaaand now I know you no nothing about what we're talking about.

The majority of American animation studios are located in California. It's been this way for decades.

CG animation is still animation. If you're referring to 2D animation, there are still 2D animatics made for CG movies.

I'm not going to refute the China/Korea thing, that's an actual thing.
>>
>>12523798
>The majority of American animation studios are located in California. It's been this way for decades.
>CG animation is still animation. If you're referring to 2D animation, there are still 2D animatics made for CG movies.

Well yeah, if you count CG then most "animation" studios are in California. But hand-drawn animation on a large scale is dead in the US. This is a fact.

Your strawman is fucking pathetic.
>>
File: prequels.jpg (214KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
prequels.jpg
214KB, 640x610px
>>12523798
>2D animatics

You mean storyboards? Seriously, have there ever been CGI storyboards? Hell, even the Star Wars prequels had 2D hand-drawn storyboards if you want to strawman any further.
>>
>>12523818
There are still hand drawn elements used in 3D. That's what I'm getting at. Stop sniffing your own ass.
>>
>>12523832
Animatics=/= storyboards
>>
>>12523834
>There are still hand drawn elements used in 3D.

Nice backpedaling.

Storyboards aren't considered animation. It has nothing to do with what we're talking about.
>>
>>12523770
>>12523798
>>12523818
>>12523832
>>12523834
>>12523840
>>12523843
Stop talking about things you don't know about. Please.
>>
>>12523840
Oh yeah, look at this animatic. Some great animation going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utAwhtPlx8c

Seriously, an animatic is just an animated storyboard. A clipshow.
>>
>>12523843
Frozen actually used hand-drawn animation for a single scene.
>>
File: F.S.S. Designs 4 -011.jpg (4MB, 4334x6366px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S. Designs 4 -011.jpg
4MB, 4334x6366px
>>12523570
I've got to say, the Gothicmades do look great when you don't see their legs.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.