[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best mecha design and why is it Heavy Arms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

File: 741.jpg (470KB, 1472x1600px) Image search: [Google]
741.jpg
470KB, 1472x1600px
What is the best mecha design and why is it Heavy Arms?
>>
>>12505244
His name should be Heavy Arm because his right arm doesn't look that heavy.
>>
I find it silly how the TV heavyarms only had shoulder missiles where they could feasibly fit, but Katoki was all "nah we should just put a bunch on there, who cares it they're only like 3ft long".
>>
Just stopping by to remind people of the
'heavyarms is purple' meme.

>>12505244
>one gun
I guess thats the redesigned TV series Heavyarms? Wasn't it the only one Katoki didn't change?
>>
>>12505360
I think that;'s a heavyarms high-caliber crossed with the wing model?
>>
File: BRRRRRRRRRRRT.gif (2MB, 659x480px) Image search: [Google]
BRRRRRRRRRRRT.gif
2MB, 659x480px
>>
Everyone always says "Why didn't Heavyarms just pick up the guns from the fallen Serpents?"

I think the best explanation for that is that HA's gatling guns are customized compared to a Serpent's gatling guns. If they're just trying to disable the suits, having piss poor accuracy might result in deaths of the pilots.
>>
File: I will free the shit out of you.jpg (693KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
I will free the shit out of you.jpg
693KB, 1024x768px
>>12505244
>high speed flight
>phase shift armor
>beam weapons that never run out of ammo
heavyarms ain't got shit on FREEDOM.
>>
File: heavyarms.jpg (28KB, 592x768px)
heavyarms.jpg
28KB, 592x768px
>>12508718
Sorry Freedom, you do not have a Gundam faceplate for a chest or an awesome bowie knife so you can GTFO.
>>
File: rx-78-2.jpg (59KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rx-78-2.jpg
59KB, 400x400px
>>12505244
Too busy.
>>
I don't know. Could use more missiles.
>>
>>12508918
>didn't have an alternate fire mode for the gun which fired mini-missiles

One job Katoki
>>
>>12505244
What's the point of being able to fire all those bullets when you got beam rifles?
>>
File: dakka_lad_by_lgliang-d2ya40k.jpg (264KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
dakka_lad_by_lgliang-d2ya40k.jpg
264KB, 1000x669px
>>12509178
MORE DAKKA
>>
File: 2175.jpg (86KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2175.jpg
86KB, 682x1024px
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over my VSBR, lances with gattling guns on them and being overall majestic as fuck.
>>
>>12511176
Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>12511228

Vigna Ronah, a SD G Generations Original. I like to have Cecily pilot it because of its Vigna Ghina lineage.
>>
File: Sandrock EW line.jpg (101KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sandrock EW line.jpg
101KB, 400x400px
Sandrock is better.

But i have to say, I can't wait to see the Space upgrades of Heavyarms Kai and Sandrock Kai in GOL. so far they have the best upgrades in GOL
>>
>>12511250
you need to give it to Jupiter Empire Zabine. his insanity couples quite well with how brutal its weapons can be...plus, that music :3
>>
>>12508678

I don't think trowa was on board with the whole not killing pilots. There is just no way he can accommodate that with the weapons he had.
>>
File: latest-8.jpg (3MB, 2827x3971px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.jpg
3MB, 2827x3971px
Ladies.
>>
>any of the gundams from wing
>good

Good gundams are >>12508860
and MK II, maybe the Victory and Turn-A if I am being generous. And whatever it was on 0080
>>
File: 1416809.jpg (94KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
1416809.jpg
94KB, 488x600px
My favorite
>>
>>12511344
>ZZ
>good
>>
File: BusterGundam.jpg (285KB, 690x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BusterGundam.jpg
285KB, 690x1000px
>>12505244
Leopard's design blows HA out of the water in terms of being a heavy weapon mobile suit.

and both pale in comparison to the best heavy weapons/artillery unit, Buster Gundam.
>>
>>12511499
Leaps and bounds better than the Zeta
>>
>>12511540
Worst heavy weapons platform
>>
>>12511544
hahahaha
I didn't believe that people who defend ZZ even existed, but looks like I'm wrong!
>>
>>12511553
its best cause it doesnt rely on a stupid gatling gimick that seems to always fail.
>>
>>12505244
Heavy arms is a pretty terrible design. It's rate of fire means that it will blow through most of its ammo very quickly. The bowie knife will only last a few suits max before it becomes worthless.

I really needed some sort of emergency saber or small beam gun for when it ran low.
>>
>>12511588
Also, why would something that uses bullets be designed for urban warfare? Enemies can just hide behind buildings, take cover. a beam weapon could penetrate cover, at least some of it.
on top of its low mobility and lack of close range abilities, enemies could maneuver around buildings and strike it up close.

its prolly the worst gundam possible for the environment its built for.
>>
>>12511561
Buster doesn't have any weapons capable of sustained fire, not enough dakka
>>
>>12511611
no, it jsut has weapons that can accurately be aimed and hit, and a diversity of weapons range from rifles, rail-zooks, shotguns, snipes, missiles, and interchangeable ammo types
>>
>>12511615
All have a low rate of fire, what Buster is designed for is different than what Heavyarms and Leopard are designed for.
>>
>>12505244
Most of the wing gundams are pretty shitty. Only Wing Zero had any real merit due to its supposedly unlimited fire rate. (Even then, as we see in EW the suit is put under tremendous strain during each shot. It wouldn't surprise me if the Zero needed massive maintenance after each shot to prevent it from destroying itself)

All the others are basically melee heavy suits. Just fly circles around them while shooting and you will eventually wear them down. After that just keep fire up until they are just slag on the ground.
>>
>>12511630
maybe so. but in the end, they are heavy weapon platforms, and Buster would take both out before they could even get in range to effectively use their Gats.
>>
File: IMG_20150427_124302.png (595KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150427_124302.png
595KB, 1024x1365px
>>
>>12511554
Am I not allowed to dislike the Zeta? It is one of the most over rated suits on this board. It's just my opinion, no need to get your panties in a twist.
>>
>>12511633
This makes Heavyarms even worse. All the others were designed as gorilla attack style heavy suits that could use their melee weapons for an extended period and go a good amount of time before needing any repair/resupply.

Once heavyarms runs out of ammo, its going to be immensely hard to procure enough material even for a basic resupply.
>>
>>12511663
Sounds like using melee is the last option for Heavyarms, you know like overwhelming the enemy with heavy sustained fire with the combat knife as a last resort.
>>
>>12511633
Basically, no Wing suits actually makes sense except for maybe Deathscythe, which is really mostly just flash anyways.

Sandrock is designed for Desert warfare, with no weapon or ability to give it an advantage in such a terrain, like say the BuCUE or Lagowe, and uses a weapon designed for a purpose it A) never uses and B) never would have to use.

Heavyarms is designed for Urban Combat, but uses heavily Ballistics that could be blocked with cover, and even when its a beam gatling, the shots are so low power, it have to waste a lot of ammo to get through cover, and can be easily outmaneuvered in a city environment.

even for Deathscythe, why would a stealth base gundam be using the most blatantly stand out weapon of them all? for fear? was the gothic look not enough?

and wing/zero works so agaisnt itself with its lack of ability to do anything but beam spam buster rifles except for the low ammo and charge rate, its not even funny.

Shenlong/Altron is designed for Forest/Jungle which apparently just equals burn all the trees down... and be caught in the fire yourself.

and then on top of that, how often do these mobile suits actually fight in their designed region?
>>
>>12511683
This will work once. After that the suit will be impotent unless it gets a resupply.

For a guerrilla style suit, that's terrible. It basically means that the plot has the deus ex machina the pilot suddenly getting supplies.
>>
>>12511663
why would someone design such a slow gundam for hit and run tactics?

the Run part is kind of a prerequisite for thats strategy to work.
>>
>>12511687
Other than Sandrock, are any of the Gundams designed for a specific terrain? Or are we just assuming since Sandrock is, the others are as well?
>>
>>12511700
Wing- Aerial Combat
Deathscythe- Stealth (not really a terrain, but an obvious design point)
Sandrock- Desert Warfare
heavyarms- urban Warfare
Shenlong- Forest/Jungle warfare

yes, these are actually all true. theyw ere designed for these purposes. or at least, so the plot says. the designs in RL prolly werent considered in any of it at all.
>>
The wing is the best design out of the original 5. The bird mode transformation means that it will be able to get in and out quickly. Even if the rifle is limited to 3 shots, it will do enough damage to eliminate its target.

Deathsycthe has the stealth thing going for it, but being a walking only ground unit really holds it back.
>>
>>12511710
its a shame Wing pilot didnt know how to move or actually, yknow, use hit and run tactics like they he does. more like jsut stand/float and shoot.
>>
>>12511709
Wasn't Deathscythe the underwater unit?
>>
>>12511719
it could work underwater thanks to the 2 part word techno babble said that makes beams work underwater, yes. but i think they all had the deus ex machina, so no wasnt specifically designed for it.

it was just Plot Artillery, prolly an after thought when making the show.

"Oh wait, in this scene theyre using beams underwater. that doesnt make sense."
"oh just write a line that excuses it."
>>
>>12511709
Just another thing 00 does better than Wing with the whole "guerrilla warfare gundam" the Gundams have a clear, distinct role that they fill.
>>
>>12511735
oh yeah, when it came to actual strategic warfare, early 00 blew it out of the water.

and even in early s2, the Alle/Halle rescue mission, i loved the hole using water to weaken enemy beams since not every single unit used GN at that point.
>>
>>12511739
Because in 00 plans resemble actual plans, no matter who planned them and the animation follows the plans.
>>
>>12511746
yeah...except yknow, when not CB makes them.
"ok, we send underwater MAs to fish them out of the ocean. an aerial ambush will meet them on resurface and force them to go to orbit. designated sniper will blast them off course i the atmosphere where they will meet a battleship blockade to end them."

*deploys 00, fires two shots, CB wins*
>>
>>12511751
The only time a plan fails in the first half is because the Gundams are more capable than planned for/there are more Gundams. In the second half most plans work except for Goodman's or Rindt's because they're shit at their job
>>
>>12511764
and the Col. because she is a bad guy and doesn't have gundams.

but Yeah, Wing was pretty terrible on every front. i mean hell, even in the vaguest sense of Operation meteor the plan didn't make sense. lets send 5 gundams to earth and to wreck shit up... but lets not tell any of them about each other so they mistake each other as enemies and fight one another.
>>
>>12511774
Well communication WAS apparently cut off between the colonies for the most part.

And EW reveals the doctors and other more soft hearted types in the team changed the plan from the colony drop one that Barton and the White Fang dude planned.
>>
>>12511792
could of sent a messenger and waaay too much convolution to be taken seriously. prolly why it failed.

hell, even the CE did warfare better, and the basis of its action was much more focused on Ace battles and Big Battle settings. but even then; Nicol would actually use the Blitz's stealth to sneak through enemy defenses and disable them. Operation SPitbreak was a huge diversion tactic using faulty leaked info to trick an enemy into putting defenses where the main attack won't be. Andy's Desert Tiger Team actually did use Guerilla warfare. Hell, the Lohengrin ravine mission in Destiny was also a great example of using Impulses abilities to sneak into an enemy weak point.

and again, teh focus of that action wasn't even on that.
>>
File: Sinanju-ova.jpg (262KB, 441x585px) Image search: [Google]
Sinanju-ova.jpg
262KB, 441x585px
>>12505244
>What is the best mecha design and why is it Heavy Arms?
Nope; This, Exia, and Crossbone FC are clearly better in design and functionality.
>>
>>12511816
I like Crossbone, but dislike any mobile suit that wears clothing.
>>
File: Freedom_Gundam_full_559665.jpg (406KB, 1500x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom_Gundam_full_559665.jpg
406KB, 1500x1061px
>>12508797
>awesome bowie knife
DUAL. WIELDING. BEAM. SABERS.
bowie knife a shit.
repeat: bowie knife A SHIT.
>>
>>12512413
not just dual beam sabers, but dual beam sabers that turns into a Twinblade.

Freedom actually just may be one of the slickest, best Mobile Suit Designs of all time. Best since it debuted for sure.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.