[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giant Robo Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

So I recently finished reading "Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Burned" that are available in English. Sadly there's only 12 chapters translated, and by the looks of things whoever was translating it is dead/no longer doing it. Since it hasn't had an update since 2010.

Too bad no one is translating this manga its pretty good, there's 9 Volumes total and a sequel manga called "Giant Robo: Babel no Roujou"

I looked around for awhile to see if i could find raws of the later chapters but I had no such luck.
>>
Interestingly enough its written by Yasuhiro Imagawa the guy who did the 1996-98 OVA of Giant Robo.

I find the art style interesting, don't know why but it really reminds me of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
Is this drawn by that S-cry-ed mangaka?
>>
>>12504743
I kinda doubt that, since there's some changes in characterization.

>>12505949
Correct.
>>
I think a couple of actual Japanese readers have bought this and said it was kind of disappointing, but I still want to read them fully anyway... along with GR: Giant Robo TV series.

I got some chapters of the raws of Siege of Babel if you want them (but not the whole thing).

Chpt 2:
https://mega.co.nz/#!pYxnVBDL!Rmwr8b90GpqHkmhujgj_gqiHnl_YjygWH2vRaAC5iSU

Chpt 5:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YVhhmY5b!YlaqUOShw6yn-IopLVKTNcJDkeZDOfMDp63nGrwSwNQ

Chpt 6
https://mega.co.nz/#!dYxiXZCK!mz_yPcHnkQv8Bo7rvZOSrjG3WOrc-4B9LsZuzKtX_GQ

The annoying thing is - from a quick skim, it looks like SoB ends on a cliffhanger ALSO, which is really annoying.

Ah well, guess Giant Robo fandom is too dead for anything to happen
>>
>>12506004
>I kinda doubt that, since there's some changes in characterization.
>https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=7915
Manga updates lists him as the author.
Although it could just be an 'original creator' (since this is based on the OVA) credit like Go Nagai gets on things he's never had a part in.
>>
>>12506100
thanks for the download links.

and yeah I was reading the reviews on this in japan amazon and on the web, apparently it has a sucky end. But it did end recently so there could be a sequel or something but I'd rather have OVA sequel then a Manga
>>12506004
>I kinda doubt that
you doubt its written by Yasuhiro Imagawa?
>>
Any uploads for what has been translated?
>>
Hi I'm the guy who was responsible for those translations years ago. Are there raws available for all that's out in Japan? It's something I might get back to in the future. Back in the day they were all on /rs/...
>>
>>12504007

Gaia would totally be able to beat Robo.
>>
>>12504007
Man, they didn't even translate the anniversary anime.
>>
>>12509378
Can you do the rest of The Five Star Stories?
>>
>>12509378
can you go back to translating them? I was really liking this series.
>>
>>12509378
They're supposedly floating around on Japanese filesharing programs but I've tried requesting them here to no avail.
>>
>>12509378
You could try asking Hokuto no Gun's crew on their website's chatango. At least one of them is a dedicated Yokoyama fan, so they might know something about it.
>>
>>12509378
>Back in the day they were all on /rs/
>tfw you thought you save everything you like in /rs/, to then realize you didn't
fuck you megapocalypse
and fuck you moot ;_; for killing /rs/, you should just have cleaned the megaupload and other dead links and started again
now he's not even here anymore to insult
>>
>>12506100
It does end on a cliffhanger, but it's nice that some characters from the OAV get some screentime.
>>
>>12509382
but robo is the most powerful robot on the planet. it said so in the opening
>>
>>12515788
Good thing Gaia is from space
>>
>>12506100
thanks for the download links
>>
>>12510263
>>12510567
Hmm, I'll try. Thanks. Not promising anything but it'd be nice to have the raws on hand.
>>
>>12523705
cool hope it works out.
>>
File: GR-2-Box.jpg (34KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
GR-2-Box.jpg
34KB, 271x400px
Since this is a Giant Robo thread, is the GR-2 toy any good?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.