[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chroma Squad - Official Release Trailer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: chroma squad.png (551KB, 685x463px) Image search: [Google]
chroma squad.png
551KB, 685x463px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrl2bCBzqRc

Looking great, the devs had to deal with some bullshit from Saban, but according to them nothing in the game was changed (besides the "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" subtitle)
>>
>>12496726
>"Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers"

So they have to give credit to that, but not the original shows/companies that Power Rangers adapts?

No blaming the devs or even Saban, really. Copyright law, especially in the States, is weird.
>>
>>12496726
>Sentai
>Inspired by Saban
How can we shut down Saban?
>>
>>12496735
>So they have to give credit to that, but not the original shows/companies that Power Rangers adapts?

The international title for Super Sentai is Power Rangers, which is licensed property of Saban. That is the only way for to credit SS>
>>
>Actually, no. All of the fight scenes from all the newest PR series are filmed with American suit actors. Just watch the behind the scenes of any recent Power Rangers...

Well fuck, you learn something new every day.
>>
>>12496852
Never. PR is here to stay
>>
>>12497157
Have people actually somehow talked themselves into believing this?
>>
Why pixel graphics?
>>
>giving saban money
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no
>>
>>12497237
How big of a cut is Saban getting off this?
>>
>>12497179
Because it's hip and retro.
>>
Deal breaker : How in depth is the mecha customization?

Do I have the option for Dinosaur theme, Animal theme, and Car themes?

Can I have just one solo mech that transforms from a ship?
>>
Would love this on 3DS/Vita
>>
>>12497249
Oh fuck Power Rangers is retro now?

I'm getting old. Time to apply for welfare.
>>
File: POWER-RANGERS.jpg (127KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
POWER-RANGERS.jpg
127KB, 600x300px
I think I'll just stick with the recent XCOM games.
>>
>>12497242
Probably the usual percentage of anyone making a derivative product from a license holder.

>>12497237
Any money this makes will also contribute to Toei who produces sentai for PR.
>>
>>12497337
>only some of it goes to hitler so it's okay
>>
>>12497345
Look, I don't care for Saban at all, but he's a necessary evil. Without him, PR wouldn't have existed and we wouldn't have been exposed to sentai.

Toei makes nearly half its money from all the PR merchandise that gets sold outside of Asia. That means that PR helps sustain sentai as a franchise because it doubles Toei's profit.
>>
>>12497357
>we
lol maybe you
_we_ are able to watch media from Japan
>>
>>12497357
>we wouldn't have been exposed to sentai.

Says who?
Other countries had dubs of Kamen Rider and Sentai before Saban.
>>
>>12497367
>>12497374
How extensive?

Dubbing Japanese toku isn't all that special because it's cheap and easy. I'm willing to bet only a handful of series got brought over and that was it.
>>
>>12496726
If we are filming our own sentai how can we ever lose ingame?
>>
>>12497357
I got exposed to Super Sentai through /m/ though.
>>
>>12497379
Actually, quite an extensive array of series were brought over to France, Italy, Latin America, etc.
>>
>>12497374
Apparently Saban was going to dub it, like Ultraman was a dubbed toku series. But producers didn't want any of those dirty nips on screen. They were working with what they had, and it turned out to be really successful.
No one knows if it would have been as popular dubbed, and arguing about it now is kind of a moot point.
>>
>>12497383
France had Bioman, Flashman, Maskman, Liveman, Turboranger, Fiveman and Jetman

Korea has dubbed like 30 Sentai shows

Stop sucking Saban's cock so hard
>>
>>12497379
>I'm willing to bet
oh so you don't know shit, and you're just making shit up that sounds good to you
you're like our own Spear Copeland
>>
>>12497390
But for how many years? If they stopped, it was probably because there wasn't a market for it anymore. PR is what jump-started interest in sentai to non-Japanese.

>>12497396
We know it wouldn't have been popular as a dub. They already tried that with Dynaman on Nickelodeon Special Delivery.
>>
>>12497357
>Without him, PR wouldn't have existed and we wouldn't have been exposed to sentai.

>This excuse again

I got into Zyuranger, Kakuranger, and Dairanger when a Japanese antique store bought it over from Japan. Saban came a long and completely ruined that change until NOW that they decided to bring over Sentai shows.

He created a generation of mediocre rip-offs in the same way Carl Macek treated Macross.

I want the original stuff I watched, I don't want your stupid fanfiction.
>>
>>12497413
You do realize the market wasn't ready for sentai? Parents would mistake it as a Chinese knockoff.

>He created a generation of mediocre rip-offs in the same way Carl Macek treated Macross.
Not this shit

Why does Macek get all this hate and blame? He wanted to bring over Macross but it didn't have the necessary episodes for weekday syndication. He had to add 2 series with it and all things considered, it wasn't too bad for its time. It hasn't aged well, but for 1985, it was revolutionary for kids because Roy actually died.
>>
>>12497416
Oh, you're one of those guys.
>>
>>12497416
>You do realize the market wasn't ready for sentai? Parents would mistake it as a Chinese knockoff.

I don't give a shit what Parents think. maybe those Parents need to stop being ignorant and teach them a new language.

Why is Spanish considered acceptable and not Japanese? Why is America flaunting at being multicultural yet it's too afraid of showing it on TV? I hated getting stupid Power Rangers shit. I never wanted it and would always give it to some kid.

>He wanted to bring over Macross but it didn't have the necessary episodes for weekday syndication.

I'm not referring to the weekday schedules and whatnot. I'm referring for the fact that he lazily changed Macross to "Robotech" and coined the term "Robotechnology" It sounds so amateurish.
>>
I would've just leaked the alpha version before ever getting in bed with Saban.
Fuck that kike.
>>
>>12497433
>Why is Spanish considered acceptable and not Japanese?
Because it's a relevant language seeing how there's a ton of Mexicans and other Latin Americans in the US?

>I'm referring for the fact that he lazily changed Macross to "Robotech" and coined the term "Robotechnology" It sounds so amateurish.
You sound like those autists that bitched about the Devil Gundam being called the Dark Gundam in G or how names got changed in DBZ.
>>
>>12497416
>Why does Macek get all this hate and blame?
Because he and HG never acknowledged that they'd made an inferior product.
>>
>>12497449
>You sound like those autists that bitched about the Devil Gundam being called the Dark Gundam in G or how names got changed in DBZ.

That's another thing too. Why change that? afraid of Religious people? I thought we Freedom of Religion, not Freedom of Religion to force/scare someone to change shit because of your personal feelings.

Christians are like tame Islamic people.

Digimon was ruined, Yugioh was ruined, everything was fucking ruined.

I'm tired of this.
>>
>>12497449
Why do you hate Sentai?
>>
>>12497457
Macek did more for the anime scene in the US than anyone else with Robotech and his catalog in Streamline Pictures.

HG deserves all the hate, but Macek liked anime and wanted to bring it over to US audiences. He had to modify it because you forget this was Reagan USA and the Japanese were putting people out of jobs.

>>12497464
I agree it sucks that censors have to tame everything because of the Bible-thumpers and soccer moms. It's just how things are.

>Digimon was ruined, Yugioh was ruined, everything was fucking ruined.
I think you need to take a step back.
>>
>>12497464
YuGiOh was never good to begin with.
>>
>>12497468
Who says I hate sentai? I liked Jetman and Dairanger.

Unlike the purist snobs, I actually understand that sentai and other toku won't sell in the US. Like Ultraman Tiga on Fox Kids.
>>
>>12497487

>It's just how things are

It should fucking have to be. I never once watched the English version because it pissed me off at how everything is so poorly handled.

>I think you need to take a step back.

Maybe you first. why the fuck isn't anybody protesting this shit?
>>
>>12497507
Because you're making a mountain of a mole-hill.

Why does it matter than sentai isn't shown outside of Japan? Sentai was intended for Japanese kids, first and foremost.
>>
>>12497487
>Macek did more for the anime scene in the US than anyone else with Robotech and his catalog in Streamline Pictures.
Get real. Astro Boy and Speed Racer had more cultural impact and they predated Robotech. Hell, Voltron dub predates Robotech.
The mini-boom in the early 90s with movies like Akira and GitS also did way more for anime overseas than Robotech.
Where was all the anime from Japan that got brought over after Robotech? Animation studios here were already doing a lot of co-productions with the Japanese.

Anyone who thinks Robotech was this massive hit that was anything more than a moderate blip in cartoon history is deluded.
>>
>>12497516

Yes, and as a kid, I watched Sentai and I wanted Sentai. I got Saved by the Bell ft. Dinosaurs instead.

This is why I will forever hate Saban.
>>
>>12497516
>I've got shit taste so everybody else should too
cool story amerifat
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.