[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-Reco; what am I watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 16

File: Aida_Rayhunton.jpg (153KB, 835x471px) Image search: [Google]
Aida_Rayhunton.jpg
153KB, 835x471px
I watched the first three episodes on Sunrise's YT, and it's really not grabbing me. Things seem to abruptly shift between SERIOUS and ~comedy~, the main characters seem to do things for random and impulsive reasons, and there's inexplicably toilets in Gundams now.

Does it get better? I'm remembering everyone else saying it was really good and I'm just not feeling it.
>>
If those are your complaints, you're probably not going to like it.

It's got some cool robots though.
>>
Don't take it too seriously, it is good fun with gorgeous animation but the ending and the plot overrall is extremely rushed, it's not just the first episodes.

Still better than most shit that came out in the last 20 years
>>
>>12480963
Yeah the mecha designs were one of the things I did actually like.
>>
>>12480954
Stick to A/Z faggot
>>
>>12480934
>>
>>12480989
So that'd be a no then.

Is Cross Ange any good? The reviews I read of it at first were "It's a girl's prison film ~with mecha~".
>>
>>12480954
Nice blog.
>>
>>12480994
reviews are pretty all over the palce, but theya re generally good. the worst of it is spose to be like the first two episodes for its sexual themes. and then it spins into some wild crazy awesomeness.
>>
The trick is to make an Action Comedy
>>
>>12480954
Learn to pay attention, holy shit people are fucking retarded
>>
>>12480994
It's gundam seed destiny , if you like that piece of shit, you'll enjoy Cross Ange
>>
File: 1426862042178.jpg (1MB, 2362x2818px) Image search: [Google]
1426862042178.jpg
1MB, 2362x2818px
>>12480954
Take this guide. And as for your complaints about the characters: Keep in mind that humans in the Reguild Century are mostly brainwashed religious simpletons with no concept of what "war" is (hence why they act so cheery all the time).
>>
>>12480954
The inexplicable thing is why there haven't been toilets in Gundams before now.
>>
>>12480954
>what am I watching?
You're watching Gundam. Sucking should always be expected from a shit franchise.
>>
>>12480994
It's like a trashy SEED Destiny that also has a fanbase desperately chasing after Geass Sundays by saying it's shit on purpose and that's the fun.
>>
>>12480954
behavior being random and impulsing is a central theme, and later extends from the MCs to entire nations and armies
>>
>>12481076
I'm following the plot fine it just seems dumb. Like, profoundly dumb. Nobody can decide how seriously they're taking anything and just randomly start doing stuff for no reason. Prime example: Bell in the first episode sees a pirate girl, gets a look that could be checking her out, then declares she's a horrible person who starts wars. Next episode they go on a wacky ostritch ride to rescue her, his best friend almost knocks her off the edge of a tower (played for laughs), and then it's revealed helping pirates earns you the death penalty. What.
>>
Just don't watch it if you don't like it. What the fuck is wrong with you people always thinking you HAVE to watch something
>>
>>12481478

Don't forget that you have an important political prisoner who is allowed to walk around free without any guards whatsoever, until suddenly there are totally guards everywhere and she has to be kept locked up.

Being locked up leads directly to her escape from her captors.

I would be worried that Tomino is suffering from dementia if it wasn't for the fact that this is par for the course for him.
>>
If A/Z had Tomino's lable on it, tominofags would defend it to the last drop of their blood like they do it with Greco. No matter how silly it is.
>>
>>12481517
Yeah, exactly. And the random way she goes "I didn't get tortured, don't worry!". I mean, was that the joke? Are we meant to know they're so hilariously nice they'd never torture her, and she's being ironic? Because that just seems like an incredibly fucking weird thing to say, and we really have no context at that point for if they would torture prisoners or not.

>>12481498
People said it was good, so I watched it. I've watched like three episodes, dude, I'm just trying to check if this is par for the course or if it just has a rough start.
>>
>>12481478
They repeated 100 times that Bellri falls in love for her.
He is also spying on the Megfauna, if you pay attention to what he says.

>>12481517
>Don't forget that you have an important political prisoner who is allowed to walk around free without any guards whatsoever, until suddenly there are totally guards everywhere and she has to be kept locked up.
They explained this too. Aida refused to acknowledge her true identity, so Cumpa just said "fine, rot in a tower".
>>
>>12481741

Doesn't explain why you let someone wander around free for a while before you make that decision, though. Its still a sudden and wild change of handling the situation. All because a reason is provided doesn't mean that the reason makes sense.
>>
>>12481741
But at that point he's not even on the megafauna. I only know what that is because of marketing material and /m/.

>pay attention
Hmmmmmm.
>>
>>12481445
>It's like a trashy SEED Destiny that also has a fanbase desperately chasing after Geass Sundays by saying it's shit on purpose and that's the fun.

Don't forget aging My-Hime fans who are desperate.
>>
>>12481478
>I'm following the plot fine
>Bell in the first episode sees a pirate girl, gets a look that could be checking her out, then declares she's a horrible person who starts wars.

And that's not even what happens. Jesus Christ! Does everyone who criticize this show have to be so fucking stupid?
>>
It had a really good ED though.

G no Senkou is fucking catchy.
>>
>>12481798
>>Doesn't explain why you let someone wander around free for a while before you make that decision, though.
Uh...she was locked up dumbass. Cumpa took her to initiate his plans. Jesus Christ pay the fuck attention.
>>
>>12484840
>not even what happens
Yeah, he totally left out the part where Bell runs face first into a wall and Noredo tries to cause Aida to plummet to her death by shooting her in the ass with a slingshot while she's holding on for dear life.
>>
File: 1429285431413.jpg (523KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1429285431413.jpg
523KB, 1280x720px
>>12484907
>in the first episode

You G-Reco haters are truly pathetic
>>
>>12484907
>he totally left out the part where Bell runs face first into a wall and Noredo tries to cause Aida to plummet to her death by shooting her in the ass with a slingshot while she's holding on for dear life.
.......that was in the second episode.
>>
File: Allenby.png (234KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Allenby.png
234KB, 500x375px
>>12484934
>>12484942
>implying I give a fuck
The only parts of this show that weren't forgettable were the cringeworthy idiocy. I'm not about to rewatch it to catalog which idiocy happened in what episode, I'm just going to mock it.
Amusing that you don't even try to defend said idiocy, you just act like it's irrelevant because I didn't autistically confine my criticism on a per-episode basis.
>>
>>12484840
Then maybe you could explain, because rewatching that bit again the only thing I can see that isn't correct is if you're nitpicking semantically about how he says "It's people like you who make people kill each other" instead, which isn't really that big a difference. The thrust of it stands: His previous exposure seems wholly negative, and then inexplicably, he goes off to rescue her, in what we later discover is an act which places him at risk of the death penalty.
>>
>>12485030
>Gets autistic over a fucking joke scene
>I-i-i-i-i-i-it's stoooopid

You must be a great person to hag out with.

>>12485977
>>12485977
>"It's people like you who make people kill each other" instead, which isn't really that big a difference
Actually it is, you're just wrong in that regard and couldn't comprehend a simple scene.
>>
>>12481005
The action was okay, not all it was cut out to be, but alright.

The comedy in G-Reco however was godawful. I can't remember ever even being lightly amused.
The problem is that if your characters are kooky and quirky 24/7, it seizes to be interesting or fun.
>>
File: IMG_12632561474146.jpg (53KB, 877x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_12632561474146.jpg
53KB, 877x960px
Just finished it, the ending is awful. The tone changes suddenly and it basically ends with a bunch of gags out of nowhere and everyone lives happily ever after like nothing happened.

Nit even joking.
>>
File: really faggot.jpg (46KB, 575x517px) Image search: [Google]
really faggot.jpg
46KB, 575x517px
>>12485030
>Gets proven wrong
>Is too simple to get an intentionally comedic scene
>NOT MUH SERIOUS MECHA SHOW

Lucky for you A/Z exists!

>>12485977
I'll say this slowly. The entire point of that scene is that Aida is someone who's actions Bellri's is completely perplexed over , he's a genius cadet that's never seen the world outside the Capital Tower and here comes a girl who uses questionable methods to achieve her goal. In the second episode his initial reasoning of rescuing her is to ;ure the pirates away from the area since obviously the first thing that pops into his head is the obvious that they're looking fr her so he goes to retrieve her in that he asks her again what her intentions are and she explains herself this once again is continued in episode 3 when they meet up again, his proposition isn't even remotely negative he's just curious because he's never met someone like her before and his worldview gets changed as a result this makes a lot more sense as we go on and learn more about the world, it's teachings and why people behave the way they do.

If anycase you seem a tad too stupid for this show ironic given how you called it idiotic a while ago, may a suggestion Aldnoah Zero for someone of your lack of intellectual?
>>
>>12486007
>the ending is awful. The tone changes suddenly and it basically ends with a bunch of gags out of nowhere and everyone lives happily ever after like nothing happened.
Whelp good to see you were asleep throughout the whole thing.
>>
File: download.jpg (43KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
43KB, 500x373px
>>12486003
>>
>>12486018
I really wish you'd get some more reaction images, you lazy bastard.
>>
>>12486012
>not even remotely negative
People have some really weird facial expressions for their good feelings this century then.

I don't even like A/Z. Going BUT A/Z all the time isn't going to make G make sense.

As a humble suggestion, maybe if everything is completely clear when you find out about the spacedust everyone's huffing 12 episodes in or something, that should possibly be somewhere in the first three episodes so everyone doesn't think your characters are all weird irrational idiots.
>>
File: aida do it for her.jpg (603KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aida do it for her.jpg
603KB, 1400x1000px
>>12486007
>>
>>12486032
Aida was at least fairly hot. She seems to pinball between emotions quite a lot though (cue "YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DEEP COMPLEX EMOTIONAL TURMOIL GO BACK TO A/Z". I did it for you, you're all welcome).
>>
File: IMG_998887966432.jpg (48KB, 680x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_998887966432.jpg
48KB, 680x960px
>>12486016
Sure it did it throughout but considering a shit ton of people just died you would think they wouldn't put an incredibly important asset in their economy at risk for a gag. Not to mention the last several episodes pretty much removed humor for the most part and focused on the combat. Then they rush the final episode like crazy and then use up the precious last few minutes for gags.

Probably wouldn't have cared so much had they not rushed so much and made the ending combat so unfulfilling all around. I was really waiting for something major to happen, but then suddenly everyone's friends again.

They did also do that a lot in the rest of the series as well but again when your activley trying to kill one another mere seconds earlier I wouldn't like to think that would be a hard pill to swallow even for brain washed idiots.
>>
>>12486032
>didn't end with Aida and Bellri making out on a beach somewhere
>instead Tomino winking at the audience at Mt. Fuji

All of my middlefingers. you old fart.
>>
>>12486027
>People have some really weird facial expressions for their good feelings this century then.
Yeah look at that negative expression. That is surely a face of someone full of hate.

>As a humble suggestion, maybe if everything is completely clear when you find out about the spacedust everyone's huffing 12 episodes in or something

Nah it was pretty clear from the get go you're just fucking stupid. Once again just watch simple shows like CA and A/Z, they seem to be a hit with the teenage crowd.
>>
>>12486046
Oh, I see what the issue is. You're actually so stupid you have no idea what you're talking about. That's not the face he makes when he says "It's people like you who get people killed", dingbat, he looks miserable or angry there. And again, this means his only actual impression of her, apart from "look at all this goddamn octopus hair", is negative, unless he's so overwhelmingly in love that overrides his judgement, which to be fair has happened in gundam before.
>>
>>12486040
>Sure it did it throughout but considering a shit ton of people just died you would think they wouldn't put an incredibly important asset in their economy at risk for a gag.
The people taht died were warmongers who had no disposition in the economy and who's deaths wouldn't drastically change things other than there would be more need to open up and negotiate rather than push for war.

>Probably wouldn't have cared so much had they not rushed so much and made the ending combat so unfulfilling all around.

Yep clearly we needed more beam spams followed by Bellri's mom dying alongside Cumpa.
>>
>>12486054
>he looks miserable or angry there
So you're just lying out your ass? Gotcha
>>
>>12486054
There was nothing negative about that expression especially in his tone of voice you're just grasping for straws because you were too stupid to get a simple scene.
>>
>>12486061
It's more of I'M DRIPPING BALLS expression.
The psychodelic background doesn't help.
>>
>>12486061
I will type slow. You can't see it but I am typing slow now.

That. Clip. Is. Several. Seconds. Before. The. One. I. Am. Talking. About.

Was that helpful? Because at this stage you're not even wrong, you're trying to argue against me liking cheesecake by proving that yoghurt is healthy.
>>
>>12486072
This may come to a shock to you.

But. I. Wasn't. Referring. To. That. Scene. You. Fucking. Idiot.

Now are you gonna continue to misinterpret a scene or are you gonna continue to make a jackass out of yourself because you're going two for two.
>>
>>12480954
Remember that you're watching not only the greatest anime ever created but the greatest fictional work ever.

Greco is flawless. Everyday when I get up I thank God for letting me live at a time where I can experience the greatest creation in human history. I am forever grateful to have witnessed the birth of something that will only truly be understood generations from now, like a modern Beethoven.

Greco is a masterpiece of subtelty and intricacy. Greco is a masterpiece of colorfulness and lightheartedness. These do not contradict each other because Greco is flawless.

Greco does not have a single flaw, because it is Greco and Greco is flawless. It is also a masterpiece.

And if you disagree, you're retarded.
>>
>>12486083
>posts the clip where Bell first sees Aida
>points out he doesn't look negative there
>claims he wasn't talking about that scene
Um. Okay?
>>
>>12486094
This is a Greco hater reverse trolling ladies and gents!
>>
>>12486096
Do try to keep up retard. Wasn;t talking about the clip here>>12486061
>>
On the plus side this thread has at least answered my question. The response is either "No, it doesn't get better" or "It doesn't get better, because you're too much of a silly poopoohead to see the genius that is already there". So, the actual answer is "No". Thanks /m/!
>>
>>12480954

But thats Zeta Gundam OP
>>
>>12486104
You know as a third party, following this conversation, I don't see how it's his fault that you can't properly qualify your statements.
In fact you're replying to his statement, which was clearly about the scene in question.

I think you might have fucked up.
>>
>Tomino himself as admitted that G-Reco was a huge, unsalvage-able fuck up
>the drones are still defending it
Literally the worst fanbase of all time.
>>
>>12486122
I know, I'm not allowed to like things my bad.
>>
>>12486119
>You know as a third party,
No need to samefag kid
>>
>>12486119
>I don't see how it's his fault that you can't properly qualify your statements.
But he never stated he was referring to the clip to begin with, so I guess you and the other guys are just stupid.
>>
File: 1426287119081.gif (314KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426287119081.gif
314KB, 360x360px
>>12486040
>a shit ton of people just died
Like who? This war never reached the population and only soldiers died, and that was kinda the point of the ending.

>several episodes pretty much removed humor for the most part
Let's not forget pic related, all the scenes Ringo is in, Raraiya pissed at Ringo and Kerbes for playing on the battlefield, Chickara and Kun pissing inside the cockpit and another shiton of those moments.
>>
File: room_full_of_people_who_cares.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
room_full_of_people_who_cares.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>12486108
>>
>>12486108
Seems to me that you already made up your mind about the series anyways so you were always a lost cause. If any case this is just another confirmation that the people who hate this are idiots.
>>
>>12486136
He was answering to a post that was talking about that scene specifically.
You can therefore logically infer that he would also be talking about the same scene.
God, has Tomino warped your understanding of how a conversation works?
>>
>>12486122
Here's your reply
>>
File: rlm.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
rlm.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>12486146
>He was answering to a post that was talking about that scene specifically.
>You can therefore logically infer that he would also be talking about the same scene.
>>12486054
>Oh, I see what the issue is. You're actually so stupid you have no idea what you're talking about. That's not the face he makes when he says "It's people like you who get people killed", dingbat, he looks miserable or angry there

You can stop posting now
>>
>>12486144

And the people who like it, at least on this board, are mindless drones content to do nothing else but sing its praises to the point of exaggeration and flaw-dodging.

Pick your poison.
>>
>>12486153
And yet we were still talking about something that wasn't even tangentially related to his argument.
Also
>RLM reaction image
Nope, I'm done.
Nobody wants to be associated with you, don't even reply.
>>
>>12486264
>And yet we were still talking about something that wasn't even tangentially related to his argument.
What are you talking about?
>>
>>12486194
>One side likes a show despite its flaws
>One side blindly hates a show they don't understand

Gee...this sure is hard.
>>
>>12480966
>Better than Turn A
Nigga don't kid yourself it's hardly better than ZZ.
>>
File: Sftm-bison.jpg (11KB, 233x258px) Image search: [Google]
Sftm-bison.jpg
11KB, 233x258px
>>12486274
You mean
>One side insults a show
>The other side insults the viewers

G-Reco threads are 100% negative. What few positive things are said about the show are always wrapped up inside an insult to someone who didn't like the show. And these people who insult those who don't like what they do, and act like the merits of a cartoon's plot MUST be defended and percieved complaints must be argued and proven as if in a court of law...THESE obsessive people have the gall to call others "autists" for simply disregarding a cartoon they did not find entertaining.

For you, it was the most important story of your life. For me, it was a cartoon.
>>
>>12486298
I'm remembering this post. This is noteworthy.
>>
>>12486274

>Likes a show despite its flaws

Fucking what?

Almost every single ardent fan of this show on this board that I have ever seen hardly acknowledges the show's rather glaring shortcomings, instead opting to insult people who have trouble understanding a show that was rushed by the creator's own admission because they don't 'get it' or because they're apparently too stupid.

Not to say that there haven't been some fairly stupid complaints, but there've been just as many genuine issues raised, and unless they're addressed by one of the very few people actually willing to take the time of day to respond calmly, they're all met with venom. Do you not understand why G-Reco's fanbase is seen as cancerous?
>>
>>12481238
>Keep in mind that humans in the Reguild Century are mostly brainwashed religious simpletons with no concept of what "war" is

>keep in mind that the characters are retarded, so you have no right to call them retarded!
>>
File: Mask_and_Barara_show.jpg (57KB, 702x395px) Image search: [Google]
Mask_and_Barara_show.jpg
57KB, 702x395px
You are watching the Mask and Barara show!
>>
>>12486310
It's like Evangelion and the "you don't like it cus 2deep4u", the difference is that it's okay to defend G-reco here because it's widely liked being a Tomino show.

I personally like it, but it's far from flawless and my butt doesn't get scratched if someone hates it, nor I will call someone retarded for doing it.
>>
File: Christmask.jpg (419KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Christmask.jpg
419KB, 800x640px
>>12486433
>>
What is this thread even about anymore.
>>
>>12486694
Maybe you should PAY ATTENTION
>>
>>12486694
>>12486704
Yeah if you can't follow threads about G, you should go read threads about A/Z.
>>
What's the glowy thing the G-Self uses to repel attacks? An I-Field?
>>
>>12487354
I don't know I was too busy watching A/Z and not paying attention.
>>
>>12486298
>G-Reco threads are 100% negative.
Good to see you don't actually go to the threads.
>>
>>12486298
>One person says the show is shit because this
>The other person corrects them and says that you have to actually pay attention
>The other person is insulted and perceeds to shit post all day

Every G-Reco thread ever. Is it that sad that people like a show you don't understamd that you have to get angsty whether they call you stupid for not getting something so simple? Of course not because even in your own post you exaggerate heavily because you don't want to admit it. The people who hate this show are very sad individuals who take their own disability on other who enjoy it.

Lighten up kid, it's just a cartoon.
>>
>>12487396
Yeah, anon is completely wrong.

Someone posted a mask and barara jpg, so it's only like 80-90% negative.
>>
>>12486310
>Almost every single ardent fan of this show on this board that I have ever seen hardly acknowledges the show's rather glaring shortcomings, instead opting to insult people who have trouble understanding a show that was rushed by the creator's own admission because they don't 'get it' or because they're apparently too stupid.
So not only have you opted to admit you're new here but you're also a fucking liar
>>
>>12487412
>complains about shitposting
>continues to baww about paying attention
>>
>>12487412
>One person says the show is shit because this
>The other person corrects them and says that you have to actually pay attention
>The other person states that he understands the show but still think it's shit
>G-Recotard calls him a retard because he can't deal with people disliking his precious show
Fixed.
>>
>>12487592
>One person says the show is shit because this(1)
>Two retards post Stick to A/Z(2, 3)
>Someone takes the bait(4)
>Another person tells person 1 that it isn't shit and explains something they don't understand(5)
>Discussion moves to meta discussion on the fanbase
>Thread is derailed, everyone is just shitflinging and asserting that their opinions are the correct ones.
>Gets archived after 300 replies, repeats itself at least once week
Fixed.
>>
>>12487592
>>12487643
>>12487412
Fixed.
>>
>>12487418

I guess so, because you say I am.
>>
>>12486310
>Do you not understand why G-Reco's fanbase is seen as cancerous?
If you've ever been in one of the threads you must have realized that the answers often take some time to type up, and therefore quick trolling (aka the go back to A/Z nonsense) gets posted first.

Of course, some of the questions asked are either very obvious or easily understandable if you think about it or are even remotely familiar with general concepts in the science of space exploration (which clears up issues such as venus fish or spending a brilliant episode on transit between the moon and venus globe).
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.