[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dimensional Fuckery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

File: maxresdefault.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
What does /m/ think about plots involving dimensional fuckery? Stuff like stargates, crossgates, dimensional quakes, dimensional slips, whatever Decade does, etc.

Greatest concept ever or cheap, effortless plot device?
>>
File: s_420809_19.jpg (31KB, 382x600px) Image search: [Google]
s_420809_19.jpg
31KB, 382x600px
Also, why are these dimensional fuckers such dicks?
>>
File: latest.jpg (57KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
57KB, 420x500px
>>12470542
A Dickedo to everyone.
>>
>>12470539
I love "what if" alternate universes.
Specially because most of the time it translates into ZEPPELINS EVERYWHERE.
>>
File: 21-380.jpg (26KB, 380x289px) Image search: [Google]
21-380.jpg
26KB, 380x289px
>>12470544
Not so much a dick but used his dick.
>>
File: 03339.png (35KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
03339.png
35KB, 160x160px
>>12470542
>>
SRW wise?

overused as fuck. Its just sloppy now, at least in Z1 there was an effort on the merging of the worlds.
>>
File: Stargate2.jpg (215KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Stargate2.jpg
215KB, 1024x768px
I've never delved into the Stargate franchise. How is it? Is it confusing and directionless like Kamen Rider Decade? Or did they make good use of the dimensional fuckery?
>>
>>12470563
I was just gonna say this. In Z1, it was pretty cool since the entire plot was about what happens when you fuse together a bunch of disparate robot shows into one place, and it ended up making for a really cool setting. After that, though, it just sort of became an excuse for them to do whatever they felt like at the moment and excuse it with "dimensional quake, lmao."

Besides SRW, though, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with trans-dimensional plots.
>>
>>12470563

2 Japans. That works, right guys?
>>
>>12470612
I'm in the midst of Z2 at the moment and I don't really get the point of the ZEUTH cast. It's like they're...just there.
>>
>>12470649

The Sequels were unplanned and they needed a hook to bait the ones who played the first game.
>>
>>12470559
I'd Sexsuko bad.
>>
>>12470649
Except Aquarion, which actually isn't!
>>
>>12470574
>How is it?
Pretty good, one of my favorite sci-fi series. The stargates were laid down by a race that gave no fucks long before humans ever found one. As such, they spend several seasons not really knowing shit about the gates and don't take advantage dimensional fuckery that often aside from standard travel.

>directionless
The show spends a few seasons trying to be like star trek, in that they are randomly dialing addresses on the gate and sending out exploratory parties, so basically 'planet of the week'. They set up the foundation for some legit plot advancement that culminates in seasons 5 and 6.

I'd also say you should stop watching after season 7. They import some talented actors and have better CGI, but the writers really shit the bed after 7, which wasn't stellar in its own right.
>>
>>12470547
I almost forgot, this guy is a dimension fucker too.

Jumping around dimensions, fucking innocent gunpla-building boys & girls, what a dick.
>>
>>12470616
They can't communicate because Code Geass Japan uses way too much Kanji.
>>
Sore mo watashi da
>>
>>12470658
>I'd also say you should stop watching after season 7
Agreed, it really goes downhill after they beat the Goa'uld. The movies they end the series with are pretty bad. But it is really good before season 7 though.
>>
>>12470651
>ZEUTH could've told really-bad renton how not-so-bad he was.
>ZEUTH could've saw Musashi's death coming
Man, fuck them and their stupid dimension-jumping rules that don't make sense.
>>
>>12471090
>>12470658
Eh, a few of the episodes in season 8 were pretty good IMO, like O'Neill's focus episode where he's starting to get the hang of leading Stargate Command and dealing with problems like ornery ambassadors, and the one with Maybourne.

I sure wish I was going with you, but I got a big day planned... tasting menu items for the buffet.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.