[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Psycommu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

Why have they never gone to a completely newtype mind controlled mobile suit?

Supplanting screens and physical controls for direct mind interface.
>>
>>12446651
didn't they do that in that Evolve?
>>
File: 757373.webm (3MB, 1008x720px)
757373.webm
3MB, 1008x720px
>>12446651
>>
Why have they never made a completely newtype controlled battleship?
>>
>>12446651
>Why don't they have newtype controlled mobile suits?
They did, Anon. They had them in Gundam X.
>>
>>12446682
Anno animated those missiles
>>
>>12446754
No he didn't.
>>
Wasn't that what Psyco gundam was? I remember the cockpit just having a chair and like nothing else in it.

But the most likely answer is that it puts a lot of strain on the pilot's mind because rather than just controlling a couple features they are having to monitor and control all the systems at once with it.
>>
>>12446651
That never works out fine.
>>
the controls are redundant in MS with full psycommu cockpits and frames like the unicorn and some suits in CCA. a newtype pilot can theoretically control everything with just their mind but this puts a lot of stress on them since the human mind isn't built for controlling giant robots in space battles.

this is why the unicorn had that AI system, it basically just used the pilot as extra processing power.
>>
>>12447356

This.

It would literally fry the brain in their heads. Given enough time, this is what would have happened to FF piloting the NZ.
>>
>>12446651
So Armored Core NEXTs?

NT-D Unicorn was that.
>>
They did that in F91 anon.

The Rafflesia.
>>
And also Unicorn. And people mentioned X too.

Have you watched any gundam OP?
>>
>>12447781
>FF
>NZ

literally what
>>
>>12448490
Don't forget psyco gundam in zeta.
>>
>>12446651
Fuck, you could even say the mobile trace system from G Gundam is an early product of Newtype integration tech.
>>
>>12448492
Full Frontal. Neo Zeong. Did you not watch Unicorn?
>>
File: iron_mask.png (1MB, 1024x578px)
iron_mask.png
1MB, 1024x578px
Rafflesia from F91 Gundam, its cockpit is nothing but a chair and the pilot is connected to the device by a series of thin wires running from a helmet (I think so anyway, the guy wears the helmet regardless of piloting the rafflesia or not) that enable him to control it like an extension of his body
>>
File: rafflesia.jpg (142KB, 443x372px) Image search: [Google]
rafflesia.jpg
142KB, 443x372px
Here's a pic for reference. It's powerful enough to take down a whole feddie fleet by itself with its fucktillion beam cannons so it's nothing to sniff at.
>>
>>12448614
>It's powerful enough to take down a whole feddie fleet by itself

>Taken down by single mobile suit
>>
>>12448614
>It's powerful enough to take down a whole feddie fleet by itself

So are like five Zakus, that's not really an achievement
>>
>>12448626
Taken down by a gundam. There's a difference.
>>
>>12448626
No, the sensors said there was an entire platoon of mobile suits.
>>
>>12448646
Doesn't apply when he is not the main character, but at least the machine would survive.
>>
>>12446651

The Raflessia had no manual controls.
>>
>>12448646

There's no way that translation is faithful to the original dialogue.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (194KB, 1840x988px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
194KB, 1840x988px
>>12453489
It does, they're just redundant with the mental control interface.
>>
>>12453496
Xabungle breaks the 4th wall a lot. If I had the episode number and time index I'd make a webm.
>>
>>12446724

Please, the G-Bits are basically just bigger and stronger funnels
>>
>>12447356
>this is why the unicorn had that AI system

I thought System NT-D was specifically designed for, as the name implies, killing Newtypes by giving Oldtypes enough power to match them.

It was just such a complex system that ironically only a NT could hope to use it correctly.
>>
>>12453496
Daironeri posted the literal translation a while back. It was really close, and Xabungle breaks the fourth wall enough that it fits.
>>
>>12453496
It is. Xabungle was self-referential as fuck.
>>
>>12453525
Nothing about the term "NewType-Destroy" implies giving the pilot the same abilities as a newtype. The fact that the system requires a newtype defeats that line of thought. And no, the system being "complex" has nothing to do with psychic abilities. Psychic abilities don't make it easier to use complex systems, it's the control interface that matters. And mental control interfaces for oldtypes already exist.
>>
>>12453535
>Psychic abilities don't make it easier to use complex systems
Certainly makes it easier to understand them. He's right that it's designed for killing newtypes, especially ones with funnels since it has the built-in power to take control of them away.
>>
>>12453535
>And mental control interfaces for oldtypes already exist.

I'm trying to think of one in UC that happens before Unicorn. All of the ones I remember that allowed complete control via thought were piloted by Newtypes. I must be forgetting
>>
>>12453547
>He's right that it's designed for killing newtypes, especially ones with funnels since it has the built-in power to take control of them away.
That much is true, I'm just saying that the system doesn't seem to be about giving oldtypes the same reflexes or precognition of newtypes (that's more in the same area as the EXAM or HADES systems).

>>12453553
A lot of it is background fluff never directly (or at all) mentioned in the dialogue. The quasi-psycommu system in a few machines like the Doven Wolf and Hamma-Hamma allowed oldtypes to do partial mental control, and there's the later bio-computer that did much the same thing. The Rafflesia's neo-psycommu allowed Iron Mask to completely control his mobile armor by thought.

For newtypes, I only remember certain special machines like the Unicorns with full-body psycoframe or the Psyco Gundam Mark II's psyco-chair being able to respond to mental control. IIRC Puru Two was able to give basic commands to her Qubeley Mark to move it around when she was wearing her psycommu headset.
>>
>>12448626
well technically it got taken out by itself
>>
>>12453592
>bio-computer that did much the same thing. The Rafflesia's neo-psycommu

Notably used only by newtypes. I only see the bio-computer come into play when Tobia fights in Skull Heart IIRC.

And Iron Mask is a newtype, guy. You didn't know?
>>
>>12453592
>The Rafflesia's neo-psycommu allowed Iron Mask to completely control his mobile armor by thought.

The Rafflesia was also built what...20 something years later?
>>
>>12453598

you mean by AFTERIMAGES WITH MASS
>>
>>12453602
Bio-computer's origin came from mental control systems for the disabled, the Federation wanted to militarize the technology into a mobile suit control interface. It was designed for oldtypes, but apparently just happens to work better for newtypes.

>And Iron Mask is a newtype, guy. You didn't know?
Who never has a newtype reaction and has to mentally interface with wires leading into his helmet? Suuuure.

>>12453610
I'm just pointing out the technology was around before and after.
>>
>>12453617
>Who never has a newtype reaction and has to mentally interface with wires leading into his helmet? Suuuure.

He's a Cyber-NT, the mask hides the scars of it because he performed the transition work himself.
>>
>>12453619
I'm going to need your databook, sir.
>>
File: Img_1218778_37997454_1.jpg (453KB, 724x978px) Image search: [Google]
Img_1218778_37997454_1.jpg
453KB, 724x978px
>>12453630
It's on either this image or the other one

1/2
>>
File: Img_1218778_37997454_0.jpg (420KB, 724x978px) Image search: [Google]
Img_1218778_37997454_0.jpg
420KB, 724x978px
>>12453635
2/2
>>
>>12453635
Can you highlight the text or type it out? The letters are too small to make out or OCR properly.
>>
>>12453637

No I cannot

because I can't read it, I'm just told it's there
>>
>>12453617

> It was designed for oldtypes

We really see an oldtype use it, or even a newtype explicitly use it. It's just there.

>Who never has a newtype reaction and has to mentally interface with wires leading into his helmet? Suuuure.

F91 outright says he's a cyber newtype. Not a lot plot in that movie to miss that.
>>
>>12446682
>ALART
>>
>still believing in Newtypes

They're a myth perpetuated by those filthy Zekes, don't believe their lies.
>>
>>12453738
I'm pretty sure that White Devil guy is one.
I was thinking how he looked naked when he passed by me in the Londo Bell training camp and he just gave me a weird look like he read my mind.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.