[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 281
Thread images: 29

File: file.png (373KB, 334x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
373KB, 334x450px
What went wrong?
>>
File: vvv.png (98KB, 726x563px) Image search: [Google]
vvv.png
98KB, 726x563px
>>12259295
You tell me bro.
>>
Sakai not being the main character.
>>
>>12259295

no rinko
also lucas shamefur dispray toward glorious crossbone master race
>>
nils is kills
>>
>>12259295
It was rushed and given to the B team.
>>
>>12259295

"What went wrong" threads and MUH SEASON 1 fags
>>
>>12259301
He said wrong, not right anon
>>
>>12259295
Soulless
>>
>>12259733
So the shiposting and the circlejerking?
>>
>>12259295
>implying it went wrong
>>
Did anything go right? Is there a single redeeming aspect to GBFT?
>>
>>12259785
The OST
The Mecha designs (except Burning and Tryon 3)
and that's it
>>
>>12259767

Circlejerking is one thing (expected), but I would consider people deciding to retroactively declare S1 as some sort of flawless masterpiece worse
>>
>>12259767
Those are problems in every thread though
>>
too much drama, not enough battles
>>
Is it finally over?
>>
>>12259785

OST
NAOKI being based with his designs
Cerulean
Star Winning
R-GyaGya
AMEIJIN Red Warrior
Not a GBWC plot rehash otherwise I would probably go "oh gee, whose wrath will Fellini incur this year ... Kirara Fan Club?"
>>
>>12259295
Everything
>>
>>12259295
Not tacticool enough for /m/. Not enough grunt wank for /m/.
>>
>>12259295
Executives forcing Kuroda to make it 3v3 with two tournaments.
>>
>>12259798
>I would consider people deciding to retroactively declare S1 as some sort of flawless masterpiece worse
That's exactly what a circlejerk is
>>
>>12259896
They could've gone with super robot spirit instead.

But it barely has any of that either.
>>
>>12259295
Nothing according to ANN.
>>
>>12259922
ANN: Triggered
>>
>>12259295
The direction. Espescially the sound direction. Those cool OSTs were such a waste, poor Hayashi Yuuki.
>>
>>12259896

>Tacticool

Do you know what it actually means?
>>
>>12259301
Sekai is THE worst.
>>
>>12259950
Sekai is pretty good in scenarios where he gets to be comedically clueless or fanboying at how awesome something is. The problem is that there's little of either once the tournament started, because he's fighting or getting sidelined while Kuroda tries to flesh out the side characters with the paltry screentime he's got.
>>
File: 14258042728267.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
14258042728267.png
1MB, 960x720px
>rushed
>ASHIMILASHON
>CHICKEN HOW ARE YOU
>3v3/executive meddling
>too many Gundams/not enough non-Gundams/boring Gundams
>forced harem garbage
>shit MC
>girl MC that went from ok to shit (see: harem garbage)
>other MC that started slurping MC's cock all of a sudden
>2/3rds of main rivalry too forced
>too much Ameijin
>a completely pointless Meijin
>shit art, shit animation, too much stock footage
>a bit too much SD shilling
>characters sticking around just to look shocked when something happens and say one or two lines
>>
>>12259798
No one thinks S1 is a flawless masterpiece, it's just a good show while Try is mediocre and soulless.
>>
>>12259978
>shit art, shit animation, too much stock footage
That's going a bit too far. Sure, it's not as drop dead gorgeous as say G-Reco, but it's still one of the best looking tv anime of the season.
>>
>>12260036

Not him, but Try's QUALITY is a bit more obvious compared to S1 and STOCK FOOTAGE ZUKI went a bit too far
>>
>>12260042
Point stands. It's still a good looking show overall, just a step down from BF1. Plus the stock footage is generally used appropriately (thank Obari for that).
>>
>>12260042
>>12260036
>>12260020
>>12259978
>>12259977
>>12259950
>>12259945
>>12259933
>>12259927
>>12259922
>>12259911
>>12259908
>>12259904
>>12259896
>>12259295
>>12259298
>>12259301
You all expected too much for one.
The main thing that went wrong is that it came out in the same year it was planned. Of course it was going to be shit. If you did not have rock bottom expectations then you are a dumbass.
I had rock bottom expectations and am enjoying it more. It's a bad show but if you were expecting your dream sequel then you are also in the wrong.
>>
>>12260058

I personally believe that Try legitimately isn't as good as S1 due to it being rushed out the door among various things, but I didn't go in expecting MUH DREAM SEQUEL nor have some sort of kneejerk reaction wanting to nuke Sunrise like some of the denizens in /m/ would like to do

I'm not sure why you replied to me questioning someone's use of tacticool though
>>
>>12260070
I understand you at least were expecting a dream sequel. But I remember quite a bit of /m/ expecting a dream sequel of some sort.
Also Try is a pun on Tri, so most likely it was always supposed to be 3 man team. In the end they should have done a beyblade like approach where the team is best 2 out of 3 matches.
>>
>>12260075

>Best 2 out of 3

Some might complain about that since it can be a cheap tool to create fake tension (or to drag out longer) with the main character teams will rarely sweep the opponent 2-0

Scenario 1: Oh no, we lost the first match so we have to win the next two!
Scenario 2: We won the first but lost the second so whoever is in the third match will have to come through for us! This is where the last match usually go either way
>>
The bad gius won
>>
>>12260101
2 out of 3 creating fake tension is a hell of a lot better then two things that completely break the show.
Assimilation and particles randomly running out for non mc characters.
>>
>>12260075
The problem is not with the 3v3 structure itself, but that they royally fucked up its execution, without really knowing much of how teamwork works and adding too many teams too fast so you end up with most of them being one important character plus two nealy-faceless extras with nothing to add.
They didn't know how to do team battles right, so they tried to use the same 1 on 1 battle tropes with a 3v3 dressing, with terrible results.
>>
File: BkElqQVCIAEp5d1.png (190KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BkElqQVCIAEp5d1.png
190KB, 600x600px
>mfw watching TRY
>>
>>12260101
>this show is shit 4 episodes for 3 matches!
>this show is shit, they don't spend too much time on fights!

people will always complain, i even saw people complaining the Tryon 3 fight

>how a powered shot can damage the tryon

>not remembering that the same kind of shot destroyed a FREAKING MEGA SIZE zaku

>meh low particles bullshit

>after spamming 4646646 super robot attacks in a real robot like setting tryon still had 25% energy 1/4 total, that's not low.

not to talk about the crossbone fight

>fighting 3 vs 1 against high end customs with a low customed model

>not thinking about the particle emission was so high because it had to run high on energy all the time to keep up against all of them

>bleaughh he loses!!11

>he earned a moral victory, he also wrecked GA like no one, we are talking about meijin vs saga level of wreckage here x3

>particle storage? CHEATERRRRR
>yeah, carrying mini repairing bots, invisble funnels, bomb attaching soldiers is completely ok instead.

I really hate the bandwagon hate.
>>
>>12259295

JIGEN HOW ARE YOU
>>
>>12260233
How the fuck is particles suddenly being important now not a problem? Through 2 damn series particles were barely mentioned as being a finite resource until a few episodes ago. But don't worry, this shit doesn't apply to the main characters. They can beam spam all they want no problem.
>>
>>12260281

>this shit doesn't apply to the main characters.

That happened to Sei + Reiji at least twice when they don't have enough particles for the Discharge System (ep 14 and to a extent in 24)
>>
>>12260053
>the stock footage is generally used appropriately
The early episode and the recent tryon is fine. But the ones used from wilfrid's fights in episode 13 until junya's fights was pretty shit.
>>
>>12259295
Jigen Haou. Just, Jigen Haou.

And then making Fumina suck the Sekai cock. Come on, why you do this? Why not have all 3 teammates have lovers outside of the team, or harems outside the team? That would've been way better.
>>
>>12260331
>Implying Fumina won't suck Lady's dick
>Implying Yuuma didn't secretly loved Adou
>Implying Sekai didn't fuck Shia already
>>
>>12260335
Fuck, I meant Minato, not Adou.
>>
>>12260335
>Shia
Great design, wasted plot.
>>
>>12260233

>not remembering that the same kind of shot destroyed a FREAKING MEGA SIZE zaku
Big Zak was oversized straight-build fodder, not a highly customized piece of art created by a crazy prepared master builder that's modeled after nigh-invulnerable super robots (complete with gattai barrier to boot). There's honestly no comparing the two, especially since customization (along with muh build quality) itself is a canon part of unit stats and the main excuse trotted out by tryfags for Build Burning's own nigh invulnerability (as compared to Godmaru's cardboard armor) against most opponents during the first part of the show.

>after spamming 4646646 super robot attacks in a real robot like setting tryon still had 25% energy 1/4 total, that's not low.
It didn't spam attacks. Rather, it traded attacks with the Tryhards, combined, traded beams with the Tryhards and used an attack that didn't even deplete all of Star Winning's particles, let alone Lightning's. Considering it had triple the particles of any one unit and barely took out two, it should've had at least a third of the tank (the equivalent of a full individual supply) to dispatch Lightning with.
>>
cont from >>12260556

>not thinking about the particle emission was so high because it had to run high on energy all the time to keep up against all of them
Keeping up with opponents is about the pilot's skill and unit's mobility. More particles doesn't mean more faster or more reaction time. If anything, the X-Bone showed far less particle usage than the GN fags and their repairbots. With almost three full resupplies, Lucas should've also outlasted the individual Celestials. They should've had low particles trying to keep up with him, not the other way around. Adou was the guiltiest offender, spamming fangs and beams from the start. However, they all seemed to have infinite particles throughout the entire match (all without needing to recharge) while Lucas was the only one who needed not one but two mobile batteries.

>particle storage? CHEATERRRRR
Said nobody.

>yeah, carrying mini repairing bots, invisble funnels, bomb attaching soldiers is completely ok instead.
Only the latter two. Repair bots should've depleted a significant amount of particles to repair crippling damage, but apparently they allow a penalty-free, nigh instantaneous recovery when used by 00fag

captcha: faild
>>
>>12260070
>wanting to nuke Sunrise
To be fair, nuking Sunrise would probably be beneficial, since 90% of the problems with anime breaking into global markets are due to the super old guys running things.
>>
>>12259295
Pic related sums it up pretty well.
>>
>>12261177
Really? I thought it was because newer guys can't run shit. Though, I think GBF would have never worked if some oldfaggots made it.
>>
File: rinkos.jpg (125KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
rinkos.jpg
125KB, 1000x750px
>>12259309
>>
>>12261216
Give me the full tits pal.
>>
>>12261216
I thought it was teenage Sei from the thumbnail
>>
>>12260331
Why not having nobody lusting after dicks and boobs and just having fun with gunpla?
>>
>>12259852
>AMEIJIN Red Warrior
Already existed even before this show. He didn't do shit to customize it.
Even the Fix Figuration is a bigger departure from the original design.
>>
>>12260296
From using the RG system, which is specifically designed to utilize the particles to create a supermode complete with finisher. It was implied that the whole process of using the particles was some ingenious idea thought up by Sei.

Crossbone literally functioned using regular attacks and maneuvers. Nothing outside of standard combat or abilities already present in the mobile suit in the original fiction. Yet it was somehow 'using up' with every movement. If particle usage was seriously such a huge concern, how the hell was that free-for-all for the qualifiers in S1 even possible? Competitors would have had their builds completely exhausted after their first skirmish with another fighter.
>>
More stock footage than Wing and SEED Destiny put together
Harem garbage
>>
>>12261322
>Harem garbage
A bit of an overstatement when there are only two cock hungry girls lusting after the bland MC.
>>
>>12261465
>Gyanko
>Shia
>Fumina
>Yuuma

>only two
>>
>>12261465
Three. More if you count guys too, like Junya. In fact the entire cast is harem counting Sei too, except Minato who remains pure.
>>
There's no Flags is what's wrong.
>>
File: Minato_sakai_character_sheet.png (221KB, 960x687px) Image search: [Google]
Minato_sakai_character_sheet.png
221KB, 960x687px
>>12259301
This
>>
File: maxresdefaultとらいおん.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefaultとらいおん.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
これの事かな 違うか?
>>
They decided to make this season way too serious. I know the characters got a bit emotional sometimes in S1, but it was still all about having fun with plastic toys.
S2 treats Gunpla battles like some super serious sport where seeing someone get their toy destroyed is almost as seeing him dying.
S2 goes against everything S1 made fun of and criticized. Renato Bros were treated like villains because they held a grudge against Meijin and treated the fight as their personal battlefield. Toshiya in S2 did the same thing and he was just "misunderstood". If the Gunpla Mafia appeared in S2 they'd be treated like the fucking Cosa Nostra with kidnapping and attempted murder included.
>>
>>12259295
Only this board's terrible taste.
Lucas vs. Neo PPSE and based Tryon vs. Tri Scrubbers were easily two of the best fights in this entire franchise.

Also NTR
>>
>>12259301
Being a Minato and Mao fan is suffering. Hope they both get to shine next season. I mean...they wouldn't make such a shitty decision like not have them in it? If it is team based...they wouldn't be so dumb as to not have them paired up right?
>>
If they make another series after this, I want the Shingyo student to be a girl. Girls with kansai accent make me rock hard.
>>
>>12259295
What Went Wrong
1. Sekai is a boring MC. He doesn’t even come close to Reiji or Sei.
2. Yuma and Fumina aren’t much better, and they spend most of the show jobbing/fighting the other teams jobbers.
3. Masashi Hirose being hospitalized. No disrespect to Katsuhisa Hoki, but just ain’t a Ral.
4. Everybody has a Gundam. Too many Gundams.
5. 3 vs. 3 means lots of meaningless characters stealing screen time from characters that (could have been)/are interesting. Anybody remember who Keiko Sano is? Me neither.
6. Failure to abide by Rebound Ball’s rules of Fight Psychology (look them up in the archive).
7. Airing opposite two other Gundam shows, plus 3 other mecha shows.
8. Rushed production.
9. Being the sequel to a show as good as BF. Expectations for BF-Try were extremely high, and it couldn’t live up to them.
10. Placebo/Nocebo. Remember how much everybody loved the midichlorians form Phantom Menace?
11. Gyanko chasing after Sekai is one girl too many. Fumina and Shia at least have some paper-thin justifications for lusting after Sekai.
12. Too many ham-handed THE HEART/GUNPLA IS FREEDOM/SPEAK WITH YOUR FISTS/MC IS THE UNSTOPPABLE SPEAR AND THE UNBREAKABLE SHEILD moments.
13. Not enough mysteries compared to BF.
14. Mecha designs are overly influenced by SEED and 00, with not enough designs based on other shows.
15. Lack of meaningful BF character cameos. Why couldn’t we see Kirara and Filina providing commentary for a match?
>>
>>12261655

>People from Kansai
>Not suffering

LaughingTokyoExecutives.gif

>>12261706

So ... Hayate? inb4 she is also bound to a wheelchair and voiced by Kana Ueda as well

>>12261764

>Not enough mysteries compared to BF.

Maybe it is just me, but I found the whole Arian business to be quite stupid
>>
>>12261764
>3 other mecha shows
4, since Yatterman Night does qualify as one too. Also, let's not forget that Try's one episode shorter than the last series, which makes its pacing suffer all the more for it.
>>
>>12261801

>Try's one episode shorter than the last series

Actually both are 25 episodes
>>
>>12261225
I imagine a teenage Sei would have breasts that big at that age.
>>
>>12259295
Shit writing for last 6 episodes.
>>
>>12261797
>Hayate

Might work. I was thinking of Shizuna, but that's the same VA.
>>
>>12259295
Sunrise got greedy again, that's what went wrong.
>>
>>12259760
>>12259950
You retards he said SAKAI not Sekai
As in Minato Sakai
>>
tldr: took season one's few flaws and expanded on them
>>
>>12260335
>Fumina sucking Lady's dick
Why do I smell doujins?
>>
>>12259295
I say the rushed development & that the S1 animators weren't doing S2. Honestly, less than a year of planning? I hear G-Reco has been in the works for about 4 years! Then again given S1's success, they were probably trying to get a sequel out ASAP. Heck, I consider Try to be surprisingly good given these major setbacks.
>>
>>12260075
double elimination maybe?
>>
I miss S1. Why did they have to ruin everything
>>
>>12260136
They actually had scenes with teamwork & such. I remember the "Rulers of the Battlefield" team, Gyanko's team doing their version of the Jet Stream attack, even in ep 15 Try Fighters had cooperation.(But I guess the latter doesn't count because Yuuma didn't get a kill? Really? That's a complaint about their teamwork?) /m/ complained about it regardless.
>>
Not understanding what made the first work. BF played references well and gave a fuck load of fan service, even to less popular suits. It gave simple characters with simple goals but that's all the show needed. It also had a good message of just have fun with gunpla

If you took the Gundam out of build fighters it would be a completely different show. Try just happens to have Gundams in it

>>12263737
cause all the female characters were created to cause them
>>
>>12260562
>penalty-free, night instantaneous recovery
I question that part.
>>
>>12263802
You can name two episodes where they had instances of team work. Lets look at all the other fights which is just build fighters split up and do their own thing and maybe throw an upgrade or take a punch for one and other. Never mind if you are a jobber you only exist in the show to get taken out so the one with a name can fight 1v1
>>
>>12263781

Maybe for Regional Qualifers, Nationals should be similar to GBWC but tuned for 3 vs 3 with Top 8 teams advancing to the finals (which will be 3 vs 3 battles) after the Round Robin

Round 1: Capture the Flag (Damage Level set to zero, "destroyed" units will be timed out for 30 seconds before relaunched)
Round 2: Random Weapon Team Deathmatch (similar to the FPS of old)
Round 3: Timed Assault (you get points if you complete the objectives within a pre-determined time limit)
Round 4: 1 vs 1 matches, best 2 out of 3 wins
Round 5: 3 Lap Relay Race
Round 6: 3 vs 3

>>12263811

G-Potato only went from red to yellow, and it was a sitting duck while recovering
>>
>>12263824
Even the SD team had some teamwork. Their tricks all relied on being a group. From the dragon to the particle absorbing, the mini-Renaldos relied on teamwork.

Previously, we had things like the Winning Road where one machine improves anothers abilities. I remember two of the Mega Shikis team mates combined.
>>
Maybe they should've copied 08th MS Team's teamwork and coordination.
>>
>>12259295
I'd say they blew their load to early and allowed management to take the reigns or give them too many stipulations they hadn't planned for story wise and animation wise. Probably an extra two months to plan things would have helped them plan things out and allow for them to properly develop the "real" rivals instead of side teams that really shouldn't have happened in the first place. Also instead of making the school seem like they stopped giving a shit about Gunpla battle by splitting it up between a Battle Club and Model Building Club.
>>
>>12263898
That would require them to all be real robots, not a mix of real robots, super robots, and SD.
>>
>>12263898
That would require them actually doing teamwork properly and you know how well shonen shows do teamwork in a Tournament style format. Even YYH fucked up during the Dark Tournament arc and nearly stumbled near the end.
>>
>>12263966

I am pretty sure you can still do tactics with different mixes ... perhaps a R-Formation ripoff would do
>>
>>12263898
/m/ would complain about that.
>>
>>12263985
As long as pacifism didn't rear it's ugly head by the end. Cause why would you do pacifism in a game with toys meant to get broken?
>>
>>12263999
I think early S1 Sei has a response to that somewhere.
>>
>>12264013
Then he realizes it's fun to fight his hardest and even if it breaks he has the ability to fix it. Just crying about it getting scratched is a fools errand especially if you want to compete with other over powered guys.
>>
>>12264018
I get the feeling Sei has another response to that. I don't know why I think so.
>>
>>12261764
>Mecha designs are overly influenced by SEED

What?
>>
>>12264518
I'm assuming he meant to type UC.Freaking Newtypes & Innovators & their sparkly plot powers
>>
>>12264518
>>12264527

there are too many seed and 00 models.
>>
>>12264806

>Too many models based on SEED and 00

00 I can understand with Transient and G-Potato, but SEED?
>>
GUYSSSS
Introducing the Star Burning Gundam Full Bernern!!!
>>
>>12264860

It better be an emergency field-repaired unit as the result of "1 vs 1 face-off after 15 minutes"
>>
>>12264868
It's fake.
>>
>>12264879

Pity, they could've at least give us some sort of hastily repaired Gunpla like in S1, it's my fetish
>>
>>12264879
Really?
>>
>>12264806
Mate, name a major SEED mech in S2. I mean major, not cameo.
>>
>>12264932
Try is nothing but UC and 00. Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>12264806
Were there any SEED kits aside from Shimon's team and the nobodies who got their shit kicked in during Tryon's debut?
>>
>>12265014
At least UC and 00 are getting a lot of focus, building upon SEED, X and Wing being loved long time last season. Even TurNTRombe and Bling X had some time to show off in both seasons.

G didn't get anything except super brief of straight built Master Gundam and Godmaru. But even that's undone by Burning taking a huge dump on the nuances of G, making a complete mockery of the series by reducing it to a spamming ki attacks the likes of which the actual series treated as last minute trump cards.

What's worse, the Tryon episode showed that they DO understand super robot aesthetics, and yet the staff deliberately chose to have the MC completely disregard them because muh pragmatism.

And to top it all off, the "G" Gundam isn't even from G. It's nothing more spruced up Impulse, giving SEED even more representation.

So yeah, it might be dressed up in bullshit, but Try is actually first and foremost STILL a SEEDfag series.
>>
>>12261764
>Rebound Ball’s rules of Fight Psychology (look them up in the archive)
Now I'm MKUltra curious, what the fuck is this? Cannot find, searched all the archives and nothing.
>>
>>12261764
>10. Placebo/Nocebo. Remember how much everybody loved the midichlorians form Phantom Menace?

I hate this so fucking much. Placebo means it won't effect you physically. What is our dumb watada doing?
>>
File: Build Burning Gundam.jpg (39KB, 450x525px) Image search: [Google]
Build Burning Gundam.jpg
39KB, 450x525px
>>12264932
God Strike?
>>
>>12266202
A placebo can effect you physically via altering your immune system. Which is a moot point given that we see Sekai get cuts and bleed from it; that's what put's it completely beyond the realm of a placebo effect.
>>
>>12266251
Can someone give more insight on this? I thought placebo effect are more on the psychological level.
>>
>>12266234
But that's clearly God Impulse.
>>
>>12266251

Yet afterwards Sekai gets slashed with beam sabers and giant boomerangs but remains undamaged.
>>
>>12265216
>Rebound Ball’s rules of Fight Psychology
>Watch professional wrestling.

>No, I'm serious. Hear me out.

>What you will learn from watching pro wrestling, where these concepts are taken to their logical end conclusion and practically churned, is what is often called 'fight psychology' -- that is, the choreography of a battle necessary to evoke a specific emotional reaction.

>A show with good fights, of any genre, will have the following traits:

>* A clear understanding of what the fight is meant to do for the narrative. Using an example from the thread, let's talk about Char's Z'Gok vs Amuro. Char's Z'Gok vs Amuro is meant to show us that Char has gotten a little more dangerous because of the technology and terrain, whereas Amuro has gotten /a lot/ more dangerous because now Amuro is good. What's good about this fight from that perspective, then, is that it clearly identifies Char as king of town by having him squash some GMs in impressively kinetic (for 1979) manner to show that he is still the king of town, then moves on to a fight with Amuro that has significant ebb and flow, which brings us to the next point.
>>
>>12266304
>* Ebb and flow. GENERALLY, you want a major fight to have some back-and-forth to it; what viewers are interested in is not the main character failing, despite what they may express, but the credible threat that he could. The first battle between Char and Amuro is strong here; it lets Amuro show Char's team that Gundam is serious business quickly, but every step thereafter is led by Char (the superior fight technician) and Amuro's ultimate success in shooting down Char's wingman and forcing a retreat is hard-won. The fight is authentically back-and-forth, and Char is "leading" it for most of it, which makes Amuro pulling it out in the end satisfying.

>* Sell preservation. Generally, especially early on in a show, you want to preserve the antagonist's "sell," usually by placing them at some other flavour of disadvantage or having the hero get lucky.

>Essentially, sell preservation is about making the things you want to look powerful look powerful and making the things you want to look weak look weak. This figures into how exactly you structure the ebb and flow of the fight, but it also should show in -- not just /that/ things get damaged, but /how/ they get damaged.
>>
>>12266308
>The Gundam is not really credibly threatened in its first fight with the Zakus, but that's not because the Zaku pilots are intrinsically bad -- they just have no armament. The first fight Amuro has inside the colony is well-choreographed for what it is because it tells you a few things about the Gundam and about the setting: solid-state weaponry is weaker than beam weaponry, Gundam's armor is really strong and big, this is new technology.

>* Odds and how they are defied. Generally, you want your hero to be beating the odds, but if it seems too effortless the odds stop feeling like they're being beaten. We all know that the main character is going to pull it out (usually); what we don't know is how, and if it seems like a lazy way of doing so, we get bored. A fight should emphasize the trait about the characters in it that you most want to see emphasized. For this one, we'll talk about Build Fighters and take a hard left into the dumbest shit ever: its baseball fight. The odds are stacked drastically against the protagonists -- 9 to 1 even before the pilot's injured wrist is taken into account.
>>
>>12266312
>They win not because of being intrinsically better at baseball (yes, this is still a mecha fight) than Dallara, but because A) Reiji was willing to play through the pain (emphasizes Reiji's heart) and B) Sei was willing to debut their stupid new system (emphasizes Sei's skill as a developer and ability to make good calls). They win in a way that feels natural and desperate despite the heavy stacking of the odds against them and emphasizes the traits we are supposed to associate with them.
>>
>>12266304
>>12266308
>>12266312
>>12266315
Tell me there's more of this.
>>
>>12259295
The fights are dull. 3v3 had potential but it was almost entirely squandered amidst all the Jigen Haou spam and 3v3s that magically turn into 1v1s because one or both sides jobbed out and apparently no one is unsporting enough to seriously 3v1 someone.

Characters are dull. Sekai is about as stock a shonen protagonist as you can get. Outside offering support and generally being useless Fumina acts jealously when Sekai is around other grils, that's really about it for her. Yuuma is another stock character with a dull arc we've all seen before. Mostly the try fighters play the straight man to the rest of the cast which makes them seem lame while all the side character appear vibrant and colorful.

It's too samey. Season one is still fresh in our minds and this show rehashes many of the same elements.
>>
>>12266390
>apparently no one is unsporting enough to seriously 3v1 someone.

Try Fighters are.
>>
>>12263898
that would require the writers to know shit about gundam tho.
>>
>>12266398
Not only that but attacking during a transformation sequence?

Why would anyone be rooting for these people?
>>
>>12266390

Something that I've noticed lately is that the new director seems to be much less of a Gundam fan than the original one. Background characters now hardly have any design references to Gundam characters - which is kind of a waste considering how the team format seems perfect for filler characters like that, and we're just left with background character tier designs for most unimportant team members.

Also, since the halfway point of the series the characters don't even talk about Gundam anymore. There hasn't been a single word about it.
>>
>>12266403

Fumina is pretty hot.
>>
>>12266403
>Not only that but attacking during a transformation sequence?
People bring up that /m/ would bitch if they didn't but they do it wrong

In getter robo armageddon Shin getter stops the gattai with skill of the pilots and tricking them out by itself changing a lot but not being caught. they prove as a force they can outwit an opponent even when not on their own field. This was also after we'd seen both Getters fight for bit

Try spammed a load of lasers. No skill or anything and if they had succeeded it meant no Tryon fight.
>>
>>12266456

First off this is not Getter Robo.

Second, this is Build Fighters. There is nothing on the line. It's just a game. The world is not at stake. Every character is still supposed to be fighting simply for the thrill of the fight. In contrast, the Tryhard Fighters seem to want to win at all costs.

Third, not attacking during a transformation sequence is acceptable. In fact it's out of character for the Try Fighters to attack during a gattai because Sekai was the only one who thought it was awesome the first time he saw it and he's supposed to be the honorable martial arts character, so you would think he would be against it. Instead he goes all in for the jugular. Didn't the mind-controlled Meijin get shit for this in season 1? They are literally doing the same dirty fighting people hate Meijin II for.
>>
しっかりした決着を付けたかったんだろう、使用機体を間違えてるせいで台無しだが
>>
>>12266474
>First off this is not Getter Robo.
The episode is super robo so it makes sense to use one as an example especially when it's a good example of stopping transformation done right.

>There is nothing on the line.
Losing the competition is a bit stake to them. Just because stuff isn't world shattering doesn't change that there are stakes involved. It's very silly to bring this point up, you may as well say any character taking a sports anime seriously shouldn't

> In fact it's out of character for the Try Fighters to attack during a gatta
Since when? This show isn't like season 1 where nearly everyone is in it for the fun of it. Everyone is super serious and will go to great lengths to win.

It feels like you didn't even read my post. Also you have a serious problem. Like go have a cup of tea or something and calm down this isn't /v/ or /a/
>>
>>12266474
>Every character is still supposed to be fighting simply for the thrill of the fight.
What? I'm pretty sure that everyone wants to win the tournament and whole bunch of teams just wanted to beat the Gunpla Academy for various reasons, not purely to enjoy the game.

>>12266474
>In contrast, the Tryhard Fighters seem to want to win at all costs.
This is bad why?

>>12266474
>In fact it's out of character for the Try Fighters to attack during a gattai because Sekai was the only one who thought it was awesome the first time he saw it and he's supposed to be the honorable martial arts character, so you would think he would be against it.
It's one thing to fanboy as a spectator, it's another to potentially lose a fight against a superpowerful opponent because you didn't even TRY to keep them from doing the lynchpin of their strategy (combining into Tryon 3).
>>
>>12266515
>>12266517

>Sekai is all about wanting to honorably clash fists with strong guys
>Hurrr imma try and beat this guy in the first 2 seconds of the fight before he even gets to combine into humanoid form so we could clash fists on an equal level

This is not inconsistent to you?
>>
Reminder that G-Reco was cut down to 2-cour for Try
Tomino worked on G-Reco for four years and Banrise cut his budget and timeslot and gave it to try not even half a year after Build Fighters started bringing in money
And now they're backpedaling and trying to promote G-Reco more.
I hope whatever producer thought this was a good idea got his ass fired.
>>
>>12266533
you are the only one who's bringing up this random point about sekai. He's also happily taken on different tactics with the team before even blowing up a castle instead of having a normal fight.
>>
>>12266554

Blowing up a castle to escape a trap is not the same as attacking a transforming robot before it transforms into its proper form. And you know it is not.
>>
>All this complaining about MUH GATTAI being interrupted

For the sake of curiosity, has there any occasion before Try where the rival's gattai actually gets interrupted by the protagonists?
>>
>>12266576
see >>12266474
>>
>>12266261
Because the creators know they fucked up with this and they can't show a character getting dismembered Genocyber-style in a show for kids.
>>
>>12266588

But then why even have it, and continue to have characters bring it up? What's the point?
>>
>>12266596
To create unnecessary drama.

And I still want to know how the fuck does anyone let Sekai still play? For god's sake, that kid is literally suffering in each battle! Why does everyone allow it?
Just imagine what could happen if someone's Gunpla had a flamethrower and hit Sekai with it.
>>
>>12266605
>Just imagine what could happen if someone's Gunpla had a flamethrower and hit Sekai with it.
We'll finally know how the chicken is?
>>
>>12266621

Fucking well done
>>
>>12266629
I really wanted to make a KFC joke, but I couldn't fit it in.
>>
>>12266474

If Try were similar in S1, Sakai and Yuuma would actually have a meta argument for 30 seconds about how GATTAI should be an auto free action

>>12266635

EXTRA CRISPY!!! Anyone who played C&C Red Alert should know what I'm talking about
>>
>>12266255
Psychology can effect your immune system and other hormone related physical processes by changing your chemical balance. It's not huge, but it can make a difference sometimes.
>>
File: beargguymothafocka.png (158KB, 498x368px) Image search: [Google]
beargguymothafocka.png
158KB, 498x368px
Not enough Beargguy doing bear things, that is what went wrong.
>>
>>12265177
Anon >>12265014 is right. It's really all UC & 00.
>>
>>12266723
the series really does lack a random suit being a big success. Gunpla seems to be doing well enough though
>>
>>12266517
but they walked right into the castle of the triplets knowing it was their strategy and didn't even try to stop it...
>>
>>12266723
Beargguy F was a cool concept, but it only showed up once, and they wasted it by giving it to the blandest girl in the entire franchise.
>>
>I win if I don't lose
>I won't lose if I don't play the game
>>
>>12260036
> it's not as drop dead gorgeous as say G-Reco
It's actually better than that shit
>>
What went wrong?

Well, here's what comes to mind first:

1. Sekai being a poor attempt at a new Reiji.
2. Assimilation and the whole Jigen how are you or whatever the fuck that's spelled.
3. Shitty rivals w/ no backstory and no reason to even care for them, i.e Gunpla Academy
4. Interesting rivals like Minato and Simon not getting enough screen time or getting completely sidelined like the latter.
5. particle usage only being an issue to some characters (Lucas), whereas Sekai can just spam his shit with no need
>>
File: tryon 3 brave face.jpg (172KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tryon 3 brave face.jpg
172KB, 1400x1000px
>>12266748
>the series really does lack a random suit being a big success

My brother of pseudo-anonymity, you clearly haven't been watching the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twJTHpZnTSI
>>
>>12268833
>Minato
>interesting rival
I couldn't take him seriously. He barely had any battles and I'm supposed to think he's a good rival.
>>
File: 39666909_p1.png (1MB, 841x953px) Image search: [Google]
39666909_p1.png
1MB, 841x953px
It tries too hard to be retro anime but fails at that. It's 2015, masculine fighter boys don't sell anymore. Whether it's boy or girl character, cuteness wins over hotbloodness.
>>
>>12268875

MUH IDEAL SUBMISSIVE (enough) GUNOTA SHOTAS then again I blame Komatsu Mikako for being so good at her role as Sei and Joey
>>
>>12268840
People wanted the Tri Zeta for quite some time. Tryon's not really that random.
>>
File: enjuKXg[1].jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
enjuKXg[1].jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>12268855
Name one other character capable of facerolling two plavsky hackers at once in a canonically gimped ZZ.
>>
File: 1382840202512.jpg (124KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1382840202512.jpg
124KB, 960x540px
>>12268890
It's not just GBF, look at how massively popular franchise Vanguard is and its first MC was bottom bitch boy.
>>
File: lh3tPia[1].jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lh3tPia[1].jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>12268890
Make way for the Gunshota master race.
>>
File: Fry.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fry.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>12268909

>That edit

And don't forget him basically being a gigantic fujoshi bait due to his VA
>>
>>12268875
>masculine fighter boys don't sell anymore
>cuteness wins over hotbloodness
>Whether it's boy or girl

ITT our fanbase is confirmed to consist of fujoshits, yurifags and pedophiles who don't care as long as it's cute. Degeneracy for all ages and orientations is acceptable.

We

>Straight
>Bisexual
>Gay
>Lesbian
>Transgender
>Futanari
>Pedophile

now.

But tell me, /m/, just when did we misogynistic, neckbearded, fedora touting /m/anthings become the most tolerant, egalitarian and progressive community on the interwebs?

It's like we wouldn't care even if the chick MC had a dick.
>>
>>12269027

There's no trannies or futas in BF.
>>
>>12269074
That we know of. For all we know Fumina is a post-op transsexual who's trying to compensate with big implants.
>>
>>12268875
nope. Reiji was hotblooded and he went over just fine. Sekai just comes off as untalented and trying too hard
>>
>>12269074
>Minato went full Obari with Tryon 3 after seeing it in a dream
>futa and tailcocks have been classic Obari since Angel Blade and Viper GTS
>Laura Rolla, a female-to-male tranny version of Loran, even appears in Minato's dream

And don't get me started on how Fumina seems awfully hotblooded for a girl. She's creative, has a male-dominated hobby and her bots have little to no feminine grace. The "girl" even knifes a dragon in the face. That's definitely not the old fashioned, socially acceptable way for a woman to behave.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say she literally has bigger balls than half the cast.
>>
>>12269027
>It's like we wouldn't care even if the chick MC had a dick.
No, in fact we did care. It's why we liked BF in the first place
>>
the problem is the show lacks a uniform set of mechanics that make the game .. work.

So far the only constant rule has been Sekai's team wins.

the show went 20 episodes in and only then decided to say OH BY THE WAY YOU CAN RUN OUT OF GAS
>>
>>12269169
Sekai has yet to build his OWN gunpla. Reiji managed to build Beginning and a SD and he was Good at it
>>
>>12269027
Some time back in the 80's.
>Iczer
>Mospeada
>Ghost In The Shell manga
Batou:"Wait...did you say 'this guy'?"
Major:"Yes. This body has a penis. You want proof?"
Batou:"No."
>>
>>12259295
>What went wrong?
In doujins departamen was good.
>>
Sekai is Reiji's son
>>
>>12269027
You're talking about genre that started both shotacon genre(Tetsujin 28-go) as modern ideal non-masculine male protagonist (Evangelion).
>>
>>12269267

>Sekai has yet to build his OWN gunpla

What as the BB Legends God Maru

>Reiji managed to build Beginning and a SD and he was Good at it

Good at it for a beginner yes (due to being taught by Takeshi), but a SD? Thought he only built the Beginning, the Command was Aila's
>>
>>12269267

He had a bit of help and let's be real for a second. Gunpla? Not exactly ships in bottles
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1200x1674px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1200x1674px
>>12269284

agreed
>>
>>12269288
>What as the BB Legends God Maru
You mean that thing he tossed in the trash after one fight because it didn't carry him like Tryhard Burning did?
>>
>>12269301
He didn't pay for it.
So the kit doesn't belong to him.
>>
>>12269285
Yuuma is Sei's son

I used to think that
>>
>>12269308

He didn't pay for BB either
>>
>>12269314
Thievery is alright when you're a canon sue!
>>
>>12269267
>>12269288
problem isnt if he build his own gundpla or not. But it is everyone is giving him credit for BB when he had jack shit to do with it. I mean they could being doing the "whole amuro was too good for his gundam thing"

Everyone understood that Reiji was good controller and Sei was a good builder

Image if everyone and their mother praise Reiji for build strike, how fucking annoy would we de
>>
>>12269312
me too.
>>
>>12269343
>Image if everyone and their mother praise Reiji for build strike, how fucking annoy would we de

You even had shit where Reiji had to learn what actually went into building this thing and appreciating Sei more
>>
>>12269324
Considering how fucking popular Gunpla Battle is in the BF universe, big model shops probably give you a free Gunpla and battle time to get you hooked.
>>
>>12269284
>>12269300
>ALL That spats, healty girl, feet and onee-san fetishes
At least my dick was pleased.
>>
>>12269355
>free samples of gunpla
>no character that deliberately makes a tourney career out of never paying a dime for the gunpla he builds
>inb4 Sekai
>>
>>12269350
I mean sure Sekai learn the important of BB when Yuuma told him about Sei. But I dont remember Sekai acknowledging what a beast BB actual is.

I mean that would be a nice touch during him as Minato's match that he learns the difference between a scratch build and BB

>>12269355
Everyone new comer get a free HG
>>
>>12269355
Actually toy stores does have a few freebies as long as you are building that in the store as a trial.
>>
File: fumina angry.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
fumina angry.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>12259295
>show is about building and fighting gunpla
>has a team setup
>yet no sgt. frog cameo

This is such a missed opportunity.
>>
File: 0906+Barzam.png (985KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
0906+Barzam.png
985KB, 1280x721px
>>12259295
The fact that they teased this and never made it.
>>
>>12269365

I feel like this would be, not only hilarious, but an opportunity for the most transparent toy shilling ever.

>There's an opponent in the open tournament who does nothing but kitbash free sample gunpla
>Doesn't even seam weld or panel line or paint
>Manages to get decently far but loses because he lacks conviction(doesn't spend enough money actually buying gunpla)
>At the end, shows up with his own custom, painted gunpla they can make a new kit out of

It writes itself.
>>
not enough of Fumina's titties
>>
>>12269385
No one cares about Japanese Family Guy.
>>
>>12269472
>comparing it to Family Guy

9/10 excellent bait
>>
>>12269451
>not enough of Gyanko's titties
FTFY
>>
>>12269481
>Not enough of all the women's titties
FTFY
>>
>>12269481
No, I meant Fumina.
She's cute.

>>12269489
though you give the actual solution to all our problems.
>>
File: thwap thwap.jpg (151KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
thwap thwap.jpg
151KB, 800x551px
>>12269074
>>
>>12260296

I gathered the Discharge System was extra particles they got from absorbing beams and shit.

Right now they are making it sound like particles are necessary for basic functions and attacks that gunpla use. It's a little unclear for people how this works I guess which is why there's so much hate on it.

It's also compounded by the fact that many I have talked to felt cheated in the Crossbone fight since they don't show the last part of the fight, just the result. So, the complaints people have about the episode overall get exaggerated further.
>>
>>12270656
The 2nd has unassailable taste in women.

It's a shame we'll never get to see what he was like back in the day.
>>
>>12259295
Tryon 3 , thats what killed the series
>>
>>12269477
>all of its "comedy" is based on making references
>even your post is a suggestion for a reference
Ok, yeah. Let's call it bait if that makes you feel better.
>>
Dom being merely a container, not an actual fighter.

https://youtu.be/KQAsfY95VRk?t=13m42s
>>
>>12270723
yes, everyone liked it better than the main cast

killing Tryon 3 off was bullshit
>>
>>12259298
No rinko milf, no mama haman, no references, no russian girl. everything.
>>
File: bunny.png (204KB, 640x383px) Image search: [Google]
bunny.png
204KB, 640x383px
>>12269365
>>no character that deliberately makes a tourney career out of never paying a dime for the gunpla he builds

actually that makes me think. You think there's any sponsorship deals in this world?

Like somewhere there's a coke gunpla or something?
>>
>>12259295
Generic as fuck, shitty kids everywhere, shit art style.
>>
File: Untitled.png (284KB, 738x370px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
284KB, 738x370px
did they really look different enough to justify two different models and not just an expansion
>>
its pretty bad but not complaining because we get gunpla.
>>
>>12270959
If Gunpla fighting were to really get as big as the show assumes then there are certain realities it would face that the show fails to grasp.

America, England, France, China, and Germany would utterly dominate it in every way. It's all about the commercial infrastructure and money flow.

There would be NCAA tournaments for gunpla building. There would be leagues in Europe. China would have hardcore training camps.

Things that NIPPON STRONK wouldn't be able to overcome.

And there would be a shit load of sponsorship deals. The American teams would be sporting Nike, Addidas, Coke, UPS, Sony, and other sponsor logos like they do in any commercial sport.

It would basically be over for Japan.
>>
Why didnt they just use the same characters and setting and moved on with it?
>>
>>12270985
Not to mention Japanese people probably wouldn't care for battle too much. They would be more into building and showing off. They already have contests for that anyway.
>>
>>12270973
Its not the difference in appearance that mattered, its the number of new parts and the fact that literally only the build burning model can use them. Other recent expansions like the hgbc kits and g-self space pack can be equipped to other kits easily to customize them. Try burnings parts only fit it because they are mean to replace base parts on stuff like the limbs and chest.
>>
>>12270985
Pretty much every kids tournament series based around toys ignores things like this. There would also be certain cookie cutter style builds for being best at a certain area.
>>
>>12270985
The problem is that even if Gunpla were a big deal, it would probably be a big deal in the same way that Japanese fighting games are a big deal internationally.

Yes, Europeans and Americans would play Gunpla, but they wouldn't have the support and the access like Japan does. They wouldn't have Gunpla arcades where they can practice battling against other people all the time. They wouldn't have the same kind of access to Gunpla and Gunpla players that Japan does, because in Europe and America it will never be as popular as it would be in Japan.

Having a really big scene is advantageous, and it shows in the competitive games that are played today. I don't think for a second that Gunpla would be any different, because it would first and foremost be a Japanese hobby.
>>
>>12270985
> Welcome back to ESPN. It's been a tough season for the fighters but they've slugged through every step of the way to reach the final four of the NCAA GBF Championship.

> With thanksgiving around the corner who will bring home the coveted Logan Cup?

> You know Jim, I've said it before and I'll say it again. My money, and I think it's smart money, is on Duncan James. He's got the grit, the will power, and that Kentucky fighting spirit.

> James is a good pick John but you can't ignore the amazing run Teeshaw Johnson Lamar has had taking on the Big 10 to get here. A sophmore out of Santa Barbra, Teeshaw has put their gunpla program on the map and in the eyes of the public.

I could see it.
>>
>>12271019
That would be fine if the show itself didn't suggest that it was a massive worldwide sport and not a niche E-sport. An international European league. Finals broadcast from New York on national television. Movie stars that come from gunpla.

Sunrise didn't show us Evo, they showed us something that could compete with football.
>>
>>12270989
Other than reiji coming back the series had wrapped pretty much everything up. Sei got good (meaning that the next years tournament won't be as exciting for us to watch since he and reiji aren't learning as they go anymore), they already won the tournament, nils learned the secret of plasky particles and reinvented them, meijin 3rd turned gunpla battle more towards having fun, and everyone got their OTP except Ral.A rehash of the same characters going through the tournament again wouldn't be as fun.
>>
>>12271038
But Try isn't fun at all.
>>
>>12271038
Well these new characters aren't fun at all either and there's zero excitement in the actual tournament.
>>
>>12271038

yuuki sure fucked up because everyone treats gunpla battle like a fucking job or soul sucking experience
>>
>>12271058
>>12271064
It won't change a thing.
A number of fans' complain isn't going to change the direction of the crew.

The crew is happy.
The directors are having fun.
The producers are satisfied.
The sponsors are not complaining.
The kits are above baseline and sponsors are fine with that.
Only a section of the old fans are complaining.
Overseas noise are not being considered.
Project goes on as planned.
>>
>Jigen Haoh
>assimilation
>boring characters
>harem otakubait, the romcom was needless in S1 too and Try made it even worse, Sunrise should just do something like they're doing with Aikatsu with no shipping at all
>not enough R-GyaGya
>>
>>12271092
>Overseas noise are not being considered.
Try is named as kuso anime in Japan too though, one of the reasons being incompetent series director. And there's much more vocal anti-Kuroda people there compared to here.
>>
>>12271111

Really? I wish I could read moon just to read Jap shitposting about this
>>
>>12271092
Source?
>>
>>12271119
It's not really much different from /m/, main complains being 3v3 setting, Watada's direction, main character not being Gunota and wanked too much, characters not being fleshed out enough and overall boring-ness.
>>
>>12271077

S1
>IT'S JUST A GAME
>BUILD WHAT YOU LIKE
>DON'T BE SOME TRYHARD DOUCHEBAG WITH INVISIBLE FUNNELS AND EDGE LORD EXIA

S2
>GUNPLA BATTLE IS SERIOUS BUSINESS THAT NEEDS ITS OWN ONE-MEMBER CLUB
>ONLY LOSERS LIKE TEAM FREE BUILD WHAT THEY LIKE AND FIGHT WITH THEIR FAVORITES
>TRYING YOUR BEST IS JUST AN EXCUSE IF YOU DON'T ALSO WIN
>SHIMON, GYANKO, MINATO AND LUCAS WERE TOTAL KARENFAGS WHO DESERVED TO GET REKT FOR IGNORING THE METAGAME

I'm not even sure what the moral of the story is supposed to be anymore.
>>
>>12271141
Oh and assimilation seems as hated theme
>>
Hopefully Sunrise will step up their game since Aikatsu and the other kiddie shows like Tribe Cool Crew move to Bandai-Namco Pictures and won't be Sunrise's shows anymore. They still have Love Live and Gundam but Youkai Watch already surpassed Gundam as Bandai's #1 best-selling franchise.
>>
>>12271141
Yep. Tons of Kuroda complaints. Want him out.
>>
>>12271165
Does it really matter?
I mean it is under the same parent company, and there is no fix staff list for the studios.
Even Katoki has been enlisted to BNP recently so I won't be surprised by the split is just another tax evasion move of the Bandai Namco Group.
>>
>>12271166
Not going to happen anytime soon.
>>
Man I would love to see a team of special snowflake assholes get their shit ruined by a team using Jestas and ambush tactics.
>>
>>12271223
Team Dragonar already tried this. It didn't work.

Burning even took a Jet Magnum head on and suffered absolutely no damage whatsoever.
>>
>>12271165
>but Youkai Watch already surpassed Gundam as Bandai's #1 best-selling franchise.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>12271231
No?
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E79FADE4BFA1E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699_E88BB1_2.pdf
>>
File: 1346498438165.jpg (64KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1346498438165.jpg
64KB, 720x540px
Gee, I wonder how every little faggot that picked up the 2nd season overlooked how badly the first one ended. I'm glad I didn't waste a single minute on this.
>>
>>12271165
>They still have Love Live and Gundam but Youkai Watch already surpassed Gundam as Bandai's #1 best-selling franchise.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2014/11/17/gundam-tops-bandai-namcos-earnings-report-with-newcomer-youkai-watch-not-far-behind/

Call me when Youkai Watch can keep up for 35 years as a brand.
>>
>>12271235
Sorry, that's the wrong one.
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/financial/pdf_bnh/en_20141106_1Result.pdf
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/E79FADE4BFA1E8A39CE8B6B3E8B387E69699.pdf

When it comes to toy sales, Youkai Watch has surpassed gunpla. Gundam IP ranked recently with 17.1 billion yen and Youkai Watch with 20.5 billion yen.
>>
>>12271231
It is true.
Many Hiro haters still consider Youkai Watch as a shit show.
But then the world doesn't think the same way as they do.
>>
>>12271243
You're posting old info
http://watchofyoukai.com/youkai-watch-outsold-gundam-toys-japan/

And yes I do think Youkai Watch is going to keep up with its success, there hasn't been Japanese franchise this successful after Pokemon. Westerners seem to fail to understand how big thing it is.
>>
>>12271243
I don't know if it will last for 35 years but Level 5 has already announced Youkai Watch 3, a new season and game.
http://japan.cnet.com/entertainment/35061771/

Not to mention Inazuma Eleven new season in 2016.
>>
>>12259295
Nothing you're a f/a/ggot.
>>
File: Build Fighters Try.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Build Fighters Try.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>12271256
>tfw Danball is dead forever
Then again
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/22/level-5-president-aims-surpass-yo-kai-watch-new-project/
>“I have some ideas on taking something I liked during my childhood days and giving it a modern arrangement,” Hino continued.
What else could be Hino's childhood be than 1. robots, 2. sentai? Maybe new /m/ show.
>>
>>12271246
>>12271253
Forbes report includes more than just toy data so you're still wrong.
>>
>>12271252
>But then the world doesn't think the same way as they do.
>world

Just so you know you're praising a game that are only played by preschoolers.
>>
>>12271260
Hino is smart to not have Danball goes side by side with GBF.
He still needs good relationship with Bandai Namco to launch his stuff.
>>
>>12271253
>old info

Its from the same damb report that Bsmco posted themselves so one of these is wrong.
>>
>>12271253
>>12271252
>>12271246
>Group Total
>Mobile Suit Gundam 70.0
>Youkai Watch 40.0

Read your own report next time.
>>
>>12271273
Neither is wrong but Yokai Watch has just outsold it in the toys department(gunpla) and Try isn't exactly doing good job at fixing this.
>>
>a game that are only played by preschoolers

The frequent use of parodies and trends that preschoolers are not familiar with makes your claim weak.
>>
>>12271294
You do realize that fucking Doraemon made reference to the current Japanese political government with a gadget that parodied the Diet group right?
>>
>>12271294
>Making references for adults means the show isn't for kids

This is hiw stupid you sound. Then again there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to heavily defend Yokai Watch unless you're a tool.
>>
>>12271310
I didn't say anything about game being not-playable if the kids have no idea about the parodies nor the trends.
I only pointed out that the game is "not only played by preschoolers".
And the press says that as well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.jp/2014/12/26/monster-watch_n_6383786.html
>>
>>12271021

it would bring about some creative /sp/ shitposting that's for sure
>>
Sekai is the actual MC instead of Fumina.

But nooo, can't alienate the little boy demographic by having a GURRRL protagonist.
>>
File: 1426090870326.jpg (180KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
1426090870326.jpg
180KB, 500x706px
>>12260335
>>12260331
>Implying Sekai didn't fuck Gyanko already
>>
>>12263999

I still don't know why everyone bitches about pacifism in 08th MS. Every instance of it never worked, for Aina or Shiro. I never saw them trying to send a "yeah pacifism works guys" message, very much the opposite every time it blew up in their faces.
>>
>>12271111
Is this everywhere in nipland or just 2ch.
>>
>>12271166
Does that mean they hated the first season as well? Because Try is not really his fault.
The concept to begin with plus the poor planning and smaller budget are what is at fault here.
>>
>>12280380
2ch.
Twitter has quite a bit of positive messages, and staff are gathering data from there instead of the anonymous boards.
>>
>>12271166
They've been bitching about them ruining their gundam since 00 Season 1 over there. That's just a universal constant at this point.
>>
>>12280401
>listening to the hugbox over brutally honest anonymous posters

Season 3 will be shit.

>>12280386
>Try is not really his fault.
>The concept to begin with plus the poor planning and smaller budget are what is at fault here.

All they had to do to print money was make it a stock-footage-friendly Tryon 3 anime.

It's their fault if they decided instead to push shitty characters with shitty gendums instead.
>>
>>12280437
Well both Futaba and 2ch does have a function to take IP logs on people who have posted. They did found a couple of posters have been flooding negative message on both sites from the same IPs. The visiting staff have crossed out those sites right away.
There a captures of the hate logs with highlighted IP stamps somewhere at Futabalog. Didn't bother to go through those at all.
>>
>>12280437
It was an executive decision anon. And nobody except those who liked Tri-Zeta from Gundam breaker wanted a Tryon anime until this season came out. Stop blaming the little man.
>>
File: sq5Le[1].jpg (108KB, 800x1116px) Image search: [Google]
sq5Le[1].jpg
108KB, 800x1116px
>>12280466
>executive decision

Is that still an excuse?
>>
>>12277699

That wouldn't change anything. She's boring too
>>
>>12280463
Link?
>>
>>12280525
google ふたばログ保管庫 and search from there.
>>
>>12259978
>too much Amejin
There's never enough.
Thread posts: 281
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.