[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gbft/ - Build Fighters Try #93

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 78

File: 20150312155536945.jpg (141KB, 620x929px) Image search: [Google]
20150312155536945.jpg
141KB, 620x929px
Old Thread: >>12248987

Episode 22: Follow Your Heart
Official Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qtLvS2v9Xk
Nyaa: http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=664798 (720)

Season 1 Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJV1h9xQ7Hx-0WipavLDd3mFSLJL1r2XQ
GBF: A (Amazing) Backstory Manga: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/gundam-build-fighters-a-r10981
http://pastebin.com/jid9wmEc

Make your own GP Base: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0T-K4_Ryk5VWFdHMGlETlI3T3M&usp=sharing

OST 1: https://www.mediafire.com/?l35qxhdwal2b211
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=638682
Translations: http://pastebin.com/kKjzY8gG
>>
Try Fighters are the villains, shamefur dispray attacking during gattai, etc.
>>
File: 1415783704542.jpg (221KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1415783704542.jpg
221KB, 1440x810px
I'm going to marry R-GyaGya!
>>
I'd sex that Fumina.
>>
I am the only person on /m/ excited for Season 2.
>>
>>12257539
They can't be villains, villains are usually interesting.
>>
>>12257556
My excitement completely depends of the cast and especially the director. Jesus just don't let Watada be series director anymore at least for a while.
>>
File: hhSjqWn.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hhSjqWn.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Okay, so I'm looking back to some pre-info of Try.

>They know Build Knuckle was used often in s1, so they will think of new ways to end matches.
>They tried asking Nagasaki to come back, but he had already moved on to another show.
>Scriptwriter Kuroda is busy thinking up a wide variety of new characters.
>The name "Burning Gundam" was director Watada's idea. He had no idea it was also God Gundam's name in the west.
>They're trying to explore more of the Gunpla side. Those who love building, those who love battling, those who love the 'military' aspect.
>Fans of SD Gundam should look forward to episode 4.
>Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.
>They greenlit the sequel towards the end of last year. The good reception of episodes 15 and 18 really helped.
>They were given permission to use G-Reco units, but it's difficult to implement. So they'll likely end up as models in the background.

Given that episode 15(SBS vs. Fenice) was one of the reasons that "really helped" to get this sequel, do you think they misunderstood something there? I mean there was lot of punching -> maybe the production team thought that's what the audience liked about it and decided to make the main mobile suit all about punching?
>>
>>12257607

>>They're trying to explore more of the Gunpla side. Those who love building, those who love battling, those who love the 'military' aspect.

What a load of shit.
>>
>>12257607
>They were given permission to use G-Reco units, but it's difficult to implement. So they'll likely end up as models in the background.
Did we even see a single one?
>>
>>12257639
Not yet, and I doubt it will happen.
By the way, we still haven't got those contest winners that are supposed to appear in this show. I'm guessing it happens in next episode.
http://www.gundam.info/topic/12360
>>
>>12257554
I'd sex that Fumina and Yuuma.
>>
>>12257635
I think that "exploring the gunpla side" basically means stuff like who has the most hax build such as Portent. So in that sense, they did keep their promise. I wish they didn't, though.
>>
>>12257652
G portent is "inspired" by g reco units i guess.
>>
>>12257779
Which is weird because I love pretty much all G-Reco suits but G-Potato I find just ugly.
>>
>>12257779
>>12257792

G-Portent is a Sakibure from 00. It's very clearly 00 inspired. Even the haro repairbots are from 00.
>>
>>12257639
Hell we barely saw any model kits at all.
>>
File: tumblr_nhint6qqD71qd1ozgo1_1280.jpg (150KB, 940x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhint6qqD71qd1ozgo1_1280.jpg
150KB, 940x700px
>>12257607
>>They were given permission to use G-Reco units
>yfw they didn't use them because "Not enough asspulls for Sekai and his buddies to escape the Yggdrasil and Genocide-Self"
>>
>>12258037
TBH, the G-Self with Perfect Pack is nearing 00-Quanta levels of bullshit, and we haven't even seen all that it can do.
It definitely deserves the 3rd spot of most OP gundams.
>>
>>12257531
>those tits
What the hell is Japan injecting their adolescents with?
>>
>>12258049
>CHICKEN HOW'R -- Photon Torpedo'd

It would end quickly.
>>
>>12258071
Gunpla.
Right into the veins.
>>
>>12258071
Pads.
>>
>>12258074
>JIGGY WHORE YOU
>lol blocked

I really want to see this now.
>>
>>12258049
It's already exceeded quan-t in every aspect except for teleportation.

With matter consuming light wave bombs as a standard weapon you've pretty much entered a field where almost anything can be fucked by G-Self. Most of the tech on the G-Self involve light matter manipulation either to create shields, project images with mass, consume matter, or just straight up speed boost.
>>
>>12258037
>more like they wanted particles to be used in a variety of ways instead of just shitting particles on everything as a weapon
>>
>>12258115
But Try is literally shitting particles on every weapon to win, so much so that the battles are determined by who shits better particles.

Shit man if it weren't for the particle plot armor then Tryon-3 v. Lightning would have been a pretty stellar fight.
>>
>>12258115
>more like they wanted particles to be used in a variety of ways instead of just shitting particles on everything as a weapon
>JEGAN
>HOW
>ARE
>YOU
>>
>>12258111
It could probably even give Black History Turn-A a fair fight.
>>
>>12258130
sick meme
4 or 5 attacks is still better than a back pack that literally shits particles.
>>
>>12258136
Realistically the top tier tech from end UC would be able to shit on Turn-A. It's mostly because Reconguista came later meaning Tomino had more time to read about even wackier pseudo-science than he did prior to Turn-A.

Utilizing magnetized light condensed into controlled field dense enough to completely nullify another amplified light energy source is pretty insane on the sci-fi scale. I-Fields just blocked and diverted them. The reflector eats energy and the photon shields straight diffuse the energy dead stop.

But Turn-A is the end game Gundam so it'll always be better even with the fact that nanotechnology would be outdated by the time we even get to full space expansion.
>>
>>12258160
>4 or 5 attacks is still better than a back pack that literally shits particles.
You don't watch g-reco do you?
>>
>>12258160
> backpack that literally shits particles

What the fuck are you even on about? Photon torpedoes were only used in one episode so far. Everything else shown bounced between the functionality of every other pack used by the G-Self and did normal Gundam things on a more powerful but fashionably condensed scale.
>>
>>12258163
Turn-A retroactively has all the bullshit of previous Gundams, yeah.
They also left it open by claiming "Yeah, Loran only used like 10% of its full capabilities." and shit like that.
>>
>>12258173
>a bunch of seed tier back packs that shoot different size beams are better than varied elemental and martial arts techniques
kek
>he''s also forgetting the greco particle defense wave
keks
for
days
>>
>>12258214
>varied elemental and martial arts techniques
So you aren't watching them at all.
>>
>>12258214
>a bunch of seed tier back packs that shoot different size beams
What?
>varied elemental and martial arts techniques
WHAT?
>>
>>12258222
And now the greco fag enters a state of denial.
>>
>>12258233
Oh, okay, it's you, shitposter. Nearly didn't recognize you there.
Don't you have interviews from Tomino to misinterpret or dicks to suck at MAHQ?
>>
>>12258242
That post contained 50% more bullshit than the last post. Congratulations, your post could be a one episode gimmick back pack in Greco. In the next episode you'll use a particle reflection back pack for maximum juvenile force projection.
>>
>wall slam
>hurts his hand
>A BUILDER'S LIFELINE

He must love Yuuma very very much.
>>
File: 6644.jpg (282KB, 1274x702px) Image search: [Google]
6644.jpg
282KB, 1274x702px
>>12258323
He has so much better options though
>>
Also Minato has excellent taste incorporating this into the attack/build.
>>
>>12257635
I mean we sorta got that in the first five episodes. We got Snapkit Shimon, the Ez8 Kai team, a team dedicated to SD Gundams, and the How're You Spambot himself.

That got dropped pretty quickly though.
>>
File: 1412796361466.jpg (62KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1412796361466.jpg
62KB, 709x765px
I want particle hax to be banned in Season 3, if Season 3 is another timeskip and a new cast instead of a continuation of Try's story.

I want there to be a sly comment about the Build Burning "not going over well with the crowd" and audience members complaining that it was overpowered and didn't earn most of its victories, so the tournament bans particle manipulation and pilots are forced to use skill to fight.

And I want the third season to star either Sakai or Shimon, the real heroes.
>>
File: 1374945363421.png (134KB, 346x297px) Image search: [Google]
1374945363421.png
134KB, 346x297px
>>12258444
Actually, that got me wondering, Sei used the Build Burning to win a tournament previously, right?

But everyone treats the stuff that Sekai is doing with the Build Burning as something remarkable, like it's never been done before.

So what exactly did Sei do with the Build Burning? Did he use weapons? Is there a backpack for Build Burning somewhere that's just not getting used?
>>
>>12258460
Sei didn't use Build Burning. he used the Build Strike Cosmos and built the Burning for whenever Reiji decided to fucking show up.
>>
>>12258460

No one knows what Sei won with, but he used Build Strike Cosmos at the end of BF so maybe that's what he won with and Build Burning was an experiment. IIRC it was meant for Reiji so it was probably a side project.

>Sei shows up in S3 with Build Strike Galactic Freedom and looks exactly like his mom
>>
>>12258474
Sei used Burning in 11th GBWC, Yuuma told that to Sekai but Sekai doesn't even give a shit who Sei is.
>>
>>12258476
I think Sei never won anything after first season, just like his father.
>>
>>12258460
It was only mentioned he used it in a tournament, not that he won with it. And not using the Jigen Haoh moves, he probably had a different fighting style, maybe closer to G Gundam stuff.
>>
>>12257607
Well hopefully expectations and no fanfare for any single episode ice the plans of a sequel. This show has been a disaster and nearly every thing they said preshow wasn't used in making Try except a ton of characters who btw are mostly crap.
>>
>>12258479
More bullshit from the Greco back pack. Watch the episodes with the back up parts again.
>>
File: GYANKO LOVE.jpg (124KB, 978x554px) Image search: [Google]
GYANKO LOVE.jpg
124KB, 978x554px
>>12258504
Gyanko got good reception, after two seasons of Sazaki love they should already realize what people want
>>
>>12258516
>Gyanko got good reception,
Not really. Nearly every other main female is more popular than her in Japan. She ranked really low on the Valentines day poll. Fumina and Mirai were 1 and 2 iirc with Shia in third.
>>
>>12258520
I mean on boards like Futaba, the Valentines poll you're talking about was basically "who you think has cutest design" poll and it's natural that character who has generic bishoujo design and no personality ranks high there. No one actually gives a shit about Mirai as a character.
>>
>>12258531
I don't like Gyanko myself but I don't understand how liking generic is bad? Or are people being hipster for the sake of it and ignoring what they actually "like"?
>>
So /m/ which team deserves to win more: Gunpla Academy or Try Fighters?
>>
>>12258544
Where I said it's a bad thing? I'm just saying that Mirai has generic pretty girl design, which is true. It's what she was made for, after all. It's easy to like a character like that because she really doesn't do anything that could make people dislike her either, since she doesn't really do anything at all.
>>
>>12258552
Try Fighters unless you're a soft cunt.
>>
>>12258552

Gunpla Academy since they actually display skill, unlike Try Fighters who are carried so hard it's shameful.
>>
>>12258544
Generic is uninteresting. She looks like some stock character from some hentai doujin she's so bland. She also has no real character outside of nice nee-san. Not that Gyanko is a well rounded character well not in this sense but she has a bit more going on

basically your dick is a pleb
>>
>>12258552
Neither. They're both shit.
>>
>>12258552
Gunpla Academy. They show a semblance of decent attitude about the whole thing, at least. That's not something you could say about Try Fighters.
>>
>>12258566

Lol, you called Mirai "Generic" by mistake.
Not a hard mistake to make.
>>
>>12258552
>deserves

Neither. Academy has lost the appeal, Allan is doing fuck all, and they just seem a bunch of elitist shit.
>You. I want to fight you in the final because I deem you worthy

The truly deserving team are Build Busters, or maybe even G Masters.

>>12258566
I wasn't speaking under the context of Mirai, but more generally. My favourite girl is Aila still. Get rekt.
>>
>>12258552
One is worse than the other TBH.
Try Fighters is by far the worst team and wins only by asspulls.
Gunpla Academy has by far the worst characters taken individually, but Saga is mentally challenged, Shia is brain-dead with no personality and her brother is beyond Setsuna-tier of delusion so they deserve to win just for pity.
>>
Too bad there aren't corrupt teams trying to sabotage/ruin/rig the tournament That's one of the things that made the first season good.
>>
>>12258552
Neither. Tryon was the true climax. Now there can be only losers, /m/ being the biggest loser for completing this show.
>>
>>12258552
Build Busters.

The real heroes lost.
>>
>>12258578

Setsuna was actually interesting and funny, unlike Wilfrid.
>>
>>12258580
No, the thing that made first season good was actual homages to Gundam, protags (both) that let the audience join the ride on learning about and starting to like Gundam and Gunpla in different ways, and Meijin fighting.
>>
File: 1412198584597.png (122KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1412198584597.png
122KB, 800x800px
I'm a couple of episodes behind because I considered dropping the show after I realized that Tryon 3 was going to lose to Sekai, but since there's only like two episodes left I decided to catch up.

>mfw lucas nemesis got a jobber's entrance with two no-name Zakus as teammates right after like five episodes of building him up as this tremendous threat
>>
>>12258589
the competitors actually cared about Gunpla and Gundam in general, not just winning
>>
>>12258591
>there's only like two episodes left I decided to catch up.
>>
>>12258600
Exactly.
>Tatsuya/Meijin's turn/struggle to promote GUNPLA FUN
>foreigner Reiji, although unlikeable at times, gave a believable account of how a gundam noob slowly learned about things and learning to build and appreciating craftsmanship
>cameos
>less QUALITY

Not to mention ALL the likeable waifus/husbandos/shotas to keep absolutely EVERYONE happy.
>>
>>12258578
Try Fighters = Try-hards
>>
>>12258591
Honestly I wasn't very disappointed with that, because I already knew it was going to happen. It was way too late to give him any kind of character aside saying "he's strong"(after beating the goddamn jobber Zaku team to cry out loud) and it was so obvious he had no other purpose in this story than tell hey, we're releasing Crossbone kit.
>>
>>12258591
Tryon 3 doesn't lose to Sekai.
>>
>>12258605
So are we gonna get some kind of upset at the end of the show where both teams are nearly dead and then Something Goes Wrong?
Like with that bigass Zaku or A Baoa Qu.
>>
>>12258612
probably not. There's none of that kind of fun/creativity here.
>>
>>12258607
>ALL the likeable waifus
>implying China was likeable
>>
>>12258619
China played the role of old-fashioned Jap Yamato Nadeshiko along with childhood winrar. Some people are into that, some aren't.
>>
>>12257658
FAGGOT.
>>
File: let's Gunpla.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
let's Gunpla.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>12258626
Say that to my face and we'll see who's a faggot.
>>
>>12258610
Man, I would have taken an upset victory with Lucas "Are we sure this isn't just a very flat woman" Nemesis just because it wouldn't have been to completely by the numbers.
>>
File: pct_main (10).png (137KB, 960x687px) Image search: [Google]
pct_main (10).png
137KB, 960x687px
Shimon is still the biggest mystery to me. He's not promoting any new kit. He's not really a rival to Sekai because after that one episode he doesn't even fight. He never says anything. He's not shown as potential love interest to Gyanko despite it's obvious she will never get Sekai. Hell he doesn't even have any various faces on his character profile.

Why does this character exist? It's not like I dislike him, I'm just confused. At least Sudou was "Mega-Shiki guy" and Lucas was "Crossbone guy", this is just some random guy who supports the main characters for some reason.
>>
>>12258632
Again, how old is Lucas? This is seven years + however old he was when he was that shota in S1.

Look at the motherfucker's height.
>>
>>12258638
to celebrate straight out of the box kits?
>>
>>12258607
>less QUALITY
God, I know right? I was so blown away with how good BF was, and as soon as I picked up Try and got over the initial shock of how hype Burning was in the first episode, I really noticed the animation quality plummet.

I loved that BF never used CGI and it never resorted to "two colored lines running in to each other." And then Try did both of those in the first five episodes.
>>
>>12258657
Someone have that pic with all of the stock footage?
>>
>>12258638
I get the feeling that there were bigger plans for Shimon initially, like his character was conceived before the tournament's "win or lose" structure was decided upon.

Shimon would have been the fucking hero of people that like to just pop their kits together and be done with it. I know that BFS1 guilted me in to actually doing panel lining and top coating. Before I was perfectly content with just straight-building them as neatly as possible because I'm a toy collector, so looking like a toy didn't bother me.

Shimon wrecked shit in a straight-built kit made by a six year old, and the animation reflected that. There were poorly cleaned sprue marks on the kit and the panels weren't lined. It was great. But then he lost and was relegated to the background. I can't help but feel like he got dicked over by a last-minute decision.
>>
>>12258667
I guess so, it absolutely asspains me that we got Wilfrid as Sekai's main rival instead him. I can't think of a single one good thing about Wilfrid.
>>
Holy fucking shit that was awesome.
>>
File: 1422893335925.png (153KB, 401x505px) Image search: [Google]
1422893335925.png
153KB, 401x505px
>>12258677
Honest to god there are so many worthless boring characters in Try I don't even know who Wilfred is. He's the guy with the blonde ponytail right? That fought Sekai at the academy? I honestly don't remember.
>>
>>12258680
Yeah, the Transient pilot
>>
>>12258678
>Liking the most used stock footage of all time
>>
>>12258682
>but muh Obari and shitty super robot cliches!

Sometimes I wonder why these fags even watch Gundam if that kind of shit is what they want.
>>
>>12258682
>not liking the iconic pose
>>
I wish BF used more musical cues from gundam, more little references like that made gundam-san so good. Also It'd be cool to see them parody EDs, OPs would cost to much but stuff like the Zeta ED would cost nothing really

Also give someone a haro
>>
>>12258688
Hey, if this show is trying to be a super robot then I'd rather take at least a good super robot than something like Build Burning punching stuff.
>>
File: 1424545055341.jpg (23KB, 489x488px) Image search: [Google]
1424545055341.jpg
23KB, 489x488px
>>12258688
>implying that Build Fighters wasn't a super robot show from episodes one of season one
>>
>>12258688
We have G-reco for super-serious non-nonsense gundam series. And I enjoy both. Do you hate fun?
>>
>>12258667
Team try should have been Shimon, Minato and Gyanko. Shimon is basically a less annoying sekai with a motive, it's a good trade. Minato is Yuuma but funnier to watch and builds more interesting stuff, his stuck upness also comes off better than Yuuma just being dull. For Gyanko I just like her better, Fumina could easily keep her role she just needs to be more of a leader and spout Gundam stuff.

Give Shimon a Maxter as that thing needs a kit but the suits transform to Tryon 3 together as part of the mid season upgrade

Also make Shimon's brother a girl and have her be a little Dianna Soreil
>>
File: 1419434649094.jpg (40KB, 393x360px) Image search: [Google]
1419434649094.jpg
40KB, 393x360px
>>12258711
>We have G-reco for super-serious non-nonsense gundam series.
>>
File: chen.png (39KB, 266x178px) Image search: [Google]
chen.png
39KB, 266x178px
>>12258719
>Give Shimon a Maxter
give this anon a fucking medal
>>
File: 1425833695318.png (12KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1425833695318.png
12KB, 640x640px
>>12258711
>We have G-reco for super-serious non-nonsense gundam series.
>>
>>12258711
Build Fighers was fun. Try is 1/10 fun, 9/10 Why
>>
>>12258711
Yeah that space junk collecting episode surely was super serious to the max
>>
File: inquisitor_at_work.gif (314KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitor_at_work.gif
314KB, 360x360px
>>12258711
>super-serious non-nonsense gundam series
>>
>>12258739
>>12258736
>>12258730
Well, it surely isn't supa robo stuff.
>>
>>12258749
>confirmed for not getting it
>>
>>12258750
There are super robot shows that are more serious in tone than G-Reco

Like, more ridiculous in terms of setting, but more serious in terms of tone
>>
>>12258784
It was a poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean to imply that g-reco is always grim and dead serious, I know it isn't.
>>
>>12258750
But it sure as hell isn't "super-serious"
>>
>>12258803
As I said, poor choice of words. It was supposed to sound sarcastic, but this doesn't translate well over internet.
>>
>>12258552
I'd rather a third party fucks the whole thing and wrecks ALL their fucking Gunpla. Not that it will happen because I guess they forgot the Gunpla Mafia were a thing.
>>
>>12258841

Lucas could have been that guy.
Honestly, if they had had the sheer balls to have Lucas show up in the last four eps and rek everyone, Gunpla Academy and Tryhard Fighters alike effortlessly, then just go "smell ya later, better luck at the World Cup" it would have redeemed the entire show.
>>
>>12258854
yes, if he went back to being like team nemesis was in the first and then became a sort of final boss. that would be great
>>
>>12258688
Sometimes I wonder why fags like you even come to /m/ You're not a real /m/an
>>
Why did Fumina get jealous all of a sudden when she saw Sekai with Shia?

I didn't think she liked him like that.
>>
>>12258930
Forced romance.
>>
File: maximum over bait.gif (529KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
maximum over bait.gif
529KB, 625x626px
>>12258930
>>
>>12258930
The early episodes kinda built it up, she says sekai is cool and then there is all the people thinking they are dating bits, but it was subtle and more jokes. Then a training camp she is suddenly all tsundere, it's such an odd shift it almost feels like someone else started writing and directing
>>
>>12258917
Well, we are at an age where SR stuff are relegated as childish and people now need MATURE AND REAL ANIME
>>
File: China and Sei .jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
China and Sei .jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>12258948
Fuck that noise, we need more SR, the last SR we've gotten was Daimidaler..
>>
>>12258939
They should have had the school thing dropped, that way they could have used Shimon, Minato and Kaoruko as Substitutes.Also there should've been two battle types: one is 3v3 another is 3 1v1s in a point system
>>
For some reason, I don't like Mirai
>>
>>12258957
I mean look at the awkward reaction in-universe to Tryon3
>>
>>12258960

It seems like they can't do 3v3 worth a shit. I think it should have either stayed 1v1 or been 2v2.
>>
File: 1413415732533.jpg (186KB, 1024x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1413415732533.jpg
186KB, 1024x1366px
>>12258965
To be fair, she hasn't been given much development. As much as I like lips, the whole mascot/idol lipstick thing looks weird in animation.
>>
>>12258965
>>12258973
They kind of forgot she existed. They were trying to do a Kirara pt. 2 with her, and it kind of failed.
>>
>>12258971
So the best option should be 3 1v1 in a 2 out 3
>>
Mirai is so super fucking bland I don't even know why she's in the show. Even her design is insanely generic. Feels like some suit just said "hey people loved that Rinko character, do something like that again" and they forced her in there.
>>
>>12258982
People will eat it up anyway because she's not made for people who seek for good characters.
>>
>>12258977
It failed because Mirai, and most of the characters except for the obvious Minato Kaoruko and yes, Yuuma don't have enough passion to take over the show from the S1 characters, every one of them were so passionate about gunpla and Gundam in general, that they don't need assimilation to express it
>>
>>12258982
And then they had potential for a Rinko-like character in Fumina's mom and wasted it.
Why did she even appear at all?
>>
>>12258977
I got the impression she was meant as the next Rinko, especially stalking the "date" but they didn't get what made her work
>>
>>12258982
She was made to sell more Bears. Her character is a joke.
>>
>>12258994
I don't think a character in this show needs to like Gundam to be a good character. I just think the reasons why these people are fighting are pretty flimsy in general. Sei at least wanted to be like his dad, and looked up to his dad. Sekai lights a strong fight, and wants to continue fighting strong opponents like Goku which is cool in a brainless sort of way. Everyone else I have no idea why they are here.
>>
File: 47495c807b3a48c633048ef749208c3d.jpg (520KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
47495c807b3a48c633048ef749208c3d.jpg
520KB, 900x1200px
>>12258998
She was a Kirara and Rinko combined. Too bad they had Yuuma have a crush on her, and give her just an ordinary onee-san personality. It's sad how like Destiny the only good thing TRY is good for is most of its doujins. That and a few "new" kits that came out.
>>
>>12259006
>Everyone else I have no idea why they are here.
Fumina wants to something something Lady something something rivals something Sekai.
Yuuma wants revenge on Adou.
Gyanko is a shitty cheerleader that only appears to show how the crowd reacts.
Shimon is the same except he doesn't even have lines or a brother anymore.
Wilfrid is fighting because something something rivals something Worlds.
Minato wanted his rival back and built a kickass robot for that purpose.
Lucas was there for shits and giggles, also, to hype up GA.
Mirai is there as doujinbait except she doesn't even have a personality.
Adou just wants to fight a good fight.
Shia is something something Gunpla something Sekai rivals something Lady.
>>
>>12259006
The biggest sign of this is the Gunpla Academy. Compared to Yuuki's batch, these guys are really try hards, I mean look at the variety of Gunpla in GBFA and tell me why these people aren't being stopped by Allan. Oh wait, guy went from almost fielding in a Neo Zeong, to sucking 00dicks
>>
>>12259016
I think overall the Try kits are better than the S1 kits. The mobile suits in Try are for the most part way more interesting regardless of whatever jobbing or hacks they do. They are far less generic than the S1 mobile suits.
>>
>>12259029
Allan has taken up a hard no-fun-allowed standpoint.

Hell, Yuuki has made it clear that he doesn't like Allan or his management of the team, and clearly also thinks that the Academy are a bunch of tryhards.
>>
>>12259028
Have they even admitted they have no idea where the fuck they're going with that assimilation plot line?
>>
>>12259035
>exia variant #27626374
>more interesting

Only ones that are good are Tryon3, R-gyagya and the NotHGUC Fullcloth
>>
The problem is that any character in Try could be interesting but then they're shackled to a team in a 3v3 one-and-you're-out format so there is zero room for them to grow. That's the real problem with Try, the terrible, terrible 3v3 one-loss format that the show spends 90% of its time in.

The only truly unredeemable character is Sekai because he just gets carried so hard and is such a skilless hack it pisses me off.
>>
File: d9bf70eb0368d1f500a9690e3d79f45b.jpg (195KB, 1082x1600px) Image search: [Google]
d9bf70eb0368d1f500a9690e3d79f45b.jpg
195KB, 1082x1600px
>>12259035
Well S1 was attempt to bring in broader appeal and also replace some of the older kits for that new project with easier interchangeable parts.
>>
>>12259042
Wasn't assimilation something that was always in Gundam though? Weren't Char and Amuro absorbed into their psychoframes or some goofy shit?
>>
>>12259048
Sekai would be creamed in world level competition, given how Minato took care of him. Just like when the Absorb Shield got figured out.
>>
>>12259044

>Not liking Gundam The Edge or Denial

I'll admit though, S1 had better designs. They were just much better thought out. Aside from the Star Build Strike which I thought was hideous. Look at something like the X Maoh, it's so simple yet so different from the original, it keeps all the spirit while being its own thing. The Kampfer Amazing was a couple binders, a symmetrical shoulder, and a paintjob and it managed to be sexy as fuck. And then the Fenice.
>>
>>12259048
The show should have been a inter-school gunpla competition. Various games, mostly linked to fighting in some way. It would make for a variety of situations, characters could return as they aren't knocked out and you can lessen the power levels a bit
>>
>>12259061
I don't care about the Fenice. Then again I don't care about Wing in general. As a UC fag in the US the last thing I wanted was more people drooling over another Wing kit.

I like the goofy shit in S2 like the SD Dragon and guys with faces on their hands and lions on their chests.
>>
>>12259035
The fuck? Try Burning is literally the same unit as Build Burning with some blue parts. Even Build Strike to Star Build was a bigger change. Try Burning doesn't even have any moves that Build Burning didn't have.

Lightning got a backpack change

Star Winning is cool and has great gimmicks.

The academy is 2 fucking Exia and a unique unit. Full Cloth wasn't any different from a normal Full Cloth

Tryon 3 was awesome

Red Warrior hasn't done shit and is extremely plain

The Gunpla in Try are boring for the most part and don't feel like personal units. They are all too perfect and shiny.
>>
How I see Try characters:

Sekai: He's hotblooded!
Yuuma: ARTISTIC GUNPLA CONTEST
Fumina: How many girl character cliches could we fit in one character?
Mirai: The blandest looking girl but we're supposed to be believe she's super beauty because that's all she has going on.
Gyanko: I liked this character better when it was a sexy little boy that had better taste in boys.
Shimon: Am I still relevant?
Sudou: Mr. Mega-Shiki
Suga: Jugen Haoh doesn't work on me... Except when it does.
Adou: Only purpose is to be Yuuma's nemesis and some people still don't even believe it's the same guy.
Wilfrid: Mr. Do-I-Have-Personality-Yet
Shia: Lolicons will eat up anything so let's make loli imouto character, she won't need a personality.
White Wolf: Do we really need to put Zakus here for the old men? Fine, but let's get over with it quickly.
SD-R: Let's rehash that popular battle from first season except not really.
Lucas: Mr. Crossbone
Minato: What's this? Actually well written, developed character?
Karima Kei: Who?
Lady Kawaguchi: Who?
>>
File: c05d131f340b617a33d5bf8fa33b94fe.png (502KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
c05d131f340b617a33d5bf8fa33b94fe.png
502KB, 1050x1400px
>>12259050
But psychoframes and newtypes aren't techincally a part of it, hell even with all the Plavsky bullshit in 1 they didn't have people getting hurt the same as their Gundams outside of G where it had pain feedback and would intentional make a limb unusable.
>>
>>12259066

Way to miss the point bro.
>>
>>12258939
>fumina is a tsundere
Holy shit people will really say anything they can to try and bring down gbft.
>>
>>12259076
You forgot Junya but he's just an edgy version of Sekai

I thought him or Kei would be the one that made Yuuma quit Gunpla Battle.
>>
>>12259016
Is Mirai even following the Try Fighters' fights any more? I skimmed through the last episode and she didn't show up at all. Personally hoping for a twist that when Yuuma confesses to her after the tournament she'll say "Sorry Kousaka-kun but after watching Sakai-kun's Tryon 3 my heart won't stop going doki doki" while Minato smirks.
>>
>I didn't see that character = he is not there
Next time we need a camera that shoots at all angles
>>
>>12257607
Maybe.

What sold it was more about how much they put into the fight and showed how much the sacrificed to get to that point.
It devolving into a fistfight where both lost was the icing on the cake.

The problem is that they had two battles like that, but the antagonists of those battles ended up being more likeable then the mcs they were fighting, they had NO long term build up to give the battle any weight, and to be honest there was nothing at all at stake.
Objectively, there was nothing at risk in the felini vs sei/rejin battle, but everything that lead up to it, within that series, the weight they put on it, the battle, the clever tactics used which was both a homage AND an improvement, all of it created an excellent battle.

This is what sold the show really. Clever fightan, no real death and they can have their mech porn/gore and have a slightly lighthearted sports kind of thing that lets them add all kinds of non bullshit WHAT IS PEACE stuff in there.
>>
Finally, Sagay Minadouche is out of this show. GBFT is now 100,000 times better than before.
>>
>>12259076
Mildly disagree with Minato being well written, but that's an opinion, so I ain't gonna argue really.

>Karima Kei: Who?
I had to look up who that was, because I'd forgotten him so quickly... It was weird how much screen time he got for how quickly he was no longer playing.
>>
>>12259076
>Minato: What's this? Actually well written, developed character?

A smug obnoxious piece of shit, more like.
>>
>>12259190

Being a smug, obnoxious piece of shit gives him more character than even the main cast.
>>
>>12259190
That's a weird way to spell Wilfrid
>>
>>12259194
Being better than the other characters doesn't mean he's well written, though.
>>
YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM WITH GUNPLA FIGHTING IS?

00 KITS.

THEY'RE SO UNAPPEALING

HOW ANYONE COULD EVER ENJOY PURCHASING THE 30TH RERELEASE OF YET ANOTHER SETSUNA PILOTED GUNDAM IS BEYOND ME.

BUT OH HERE WE ARE.

This is all your fault. All of you caused this.
>>
>my standards make perfect sense to the world
>everything different and uninteresting to me is shit and should be changed using my guidelines
>>
File: Fumina swimsuit.png (134KB, 140x442px) Image search: [Google]
Fumina swimsuit.png
134KB, 140x442px
I like Fumina and Star Winning.
I wish they were in a better show.
>>
>>12257556
No, I'm looking forward to next season 2. Anything that makes the haters mad is good for me. I'm so tired of all their autistic bitching, and I'm saying this as someone who doesn't like this season very much. All these retarded complains of "worst show ever, worse than Destiny and Valvrave" are annoying as fuck. The show is pretty flawed, but it's far from being the worst Gundam show ever.
>>
>>12257607

I'd kill to have my own gyanko
>>
>>12258407
>Feathery beam crossguard

Wow, that's gay son
>>
>>12259291
No idea why you like fapbait and think they're a good character. At least the Winning is entertaining at times, too bad her teammates make the fights boring shit outside of Yuuma's and Minato's fight.
>>
>>12259246
Not invalid, but we all know you'd lead this back to AGE in the later posts.
>>
>>12259328
You can get one, you just need to join the forces of Zeon and drop few colonies.
>>
>>12259328
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>12259328

same here my fellow high test anon
>>
>>12259347
Am I mistaken

The flaw is that we've already seen 00 as enemies.

It's over, it's done, no one's interested anymore.

People have given up on 00 and realized how terrible of a show it is.

THEREFORE, we move on.

To the better show, the more interesting show, the show everyone wanted for centuries.

Gundam AGE.

All three characters would improve a hundredfold if they had been using AGE Gundams instead of 00 Gundams.
>>
>>12259119
Well, the Fenice fight was to enter the final rounds. They needed the two points from the draw, or four from winning to move on.
>>
File: adou.jpg (156KB, 616x346px) Image search: [Google]
adou.jpg
156KB, 616x346px
Why is he the only halfway tolerable character left in the tournament?
>>
>>12259175
Though it's strangely appropriate for that character.
I was expecting them to try and clone Fellini with karima, instead we got a character who's only interaction with people is people forgetting who he is
>>
>>12259424
>Am I mistaken

If you're recommending AGE over 00, then yes.

>>12259291

I also like the Star Winning Gundam, and I liked Fumina in the beginning, when she appeared to not have any romantic feelings for Sekai, was genuinely interested in Gundam, Gunpla and Gunpla Battle... now, she feels unnecessary, and her "I wanna prove myself to that lady!" plot feels abandoned.
>>
>>12259471
Because he's a jerk but at least he's a honest jerk that just wants to crush some toys
>>
>>12259471
>Why is he the only halfway tolerable character left in the tournament?
I'm glad someone else agrees.
>>
>>12259471

Because he is what this series needed. A character who just reks everyone and is over the top and ridiculous. Look at his fucking gundam. Look at that monstrosity. This guy is a supreme edgelord and takes it all the way. He's the Al al-Saachez of gunpla.

Then they shove him behind two of the blandest characters ever.
>>
>>12259424
Shit, I wouldn't even mind having another 00 final boss if they used something other than Gundams. Use Susanowo, Regnant, Gaddess/a, fuck, anything else because 00 has lots of cool designs that don't involve Exia parts.

I can give Adou credit for his creativity but even Portent is a Sakibure with a goddamn gundam head.
>>
>>12259291
Try could've been about Fumina's journey from gruntwhore to gendum pilot, with all the interesting characters being given their fair airtime as rivals, opponents and friends.

And forget Mirai, Sekai should've just been Fumi's bumbling little brother with a scrublord straight build Godmaru. Mamoru could've even been his rival.

As for Yuuma, his development should've been reversed. Instead of going from buildfag to tryhard edgelord, his loss to Adou should've turned him into a victory-crazed kitbasher who only built what was strong. Losing to Fumina in the qualifiers could've brought him back onto the path of simply building what you like because you like it.

And to top it all off, the battle club should've been merged with the plamo club before the series even began so that Fumi'd have the support of her school throughout the entire tournament.

Alas, too many characters, too much 3v3 and too much degenerating into Adou-tier winlust.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that the Winning gundam should just never have existed?

The show would have been a lot better if Fumina went from Powered Cardigan to Star Winning and that was her only machine change.
>>
I can't find an image that collects all the Obari-ness of Episode 22. By chance anyone have it?
>>
>>12259548
No. Fuck that. There are too many series for it to once again boil down to a 00 final boss.
>>
>>12258854
>Lucas could have been that guy.
No, he can't.
No one can.
Niels IS gunpla and he created the pseudo-plavsky tech..
He's also legitimately the most broken fighter from the last season and if he didn't fight Prince Neo and a kid who's some kind of god hax broken macguyver of gunpla modelers he'd have won that tournament.
Not only that but his gundam was one of the most well built in the entire tournament and his tech was beyond broken in battle.
Now considering that he knows enough about plavsky to create a synthetic form of a completely unknown to the earth alien material and is a world champ builder and battler...he's basically the god emperor now.

He'd stroll into the room with a ball wielding a gerbera straight katana and rape everything on two legs.

That and his hot loyal blond half japanese waifu is now, due to his technology, the richest woman on the planet and will crush nemesis and his grandfathers company with his say so.

If anyone is to be the true end boss it's him.
>>
>>12259574
And wilfrid was her quasi arch rival who would wreck shit with grunts(cut down on the fujo pander look)and tactics for fun but the arival of his little sister and adou forced him to go back to gunpla academy and become the masked char of the series.
>>
File: ultimate unhype.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate unhype.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
IIIIISSS EVERYBODY EXCITED FOR THE INEVITABLE REMATCH? I KNOW I AM!

why am i not bleeding out faster goddammit what am i doing wrong here
>>
File: b38387e6135c5a0ee17a042b88906d25.jpg (678KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b38387e6135c5a0ee17a042b88906d25.jpg
678KB, 708x1000px
>>12259471
Because he shows both his love of Gunpla and skills without relying entirely on PlavskyHAX. His two teammates are unbearable about their "skill" and abuse of said Plavsky, and all this talk about loving and building your own Gunpla is lost when the person they look to had his World Class Gunpla fucking handed to him.
>>
>>12257607
>>Since there wasn't much pressure on the first season to succeed, the staff had a lot of freedom to do what they wanted.

That's always the thing, isn't it? A group of artists gets a chance to do whatever they want, the result is great and people love it. Then Takeshi Marketing takes over and turns it into a soulless "product" in the sequel, and people hate it.
>>
>>12257607
>Given that episode 15(SBS vs. Fenice) was one of the reasons that "really helped" to get this sequel, do you think they misunderstood something there? I mean there was lot of punching -> maybe the production team thought that's what the audience liked about it and decided to make the main mobile suit all about punching?

I dunno. They played lots of Allied Force when big fights happen. So yeah, they were probably misunderstanding something.
>>
>>12259175
>>12259473
Based Sugita finally gets to pilot a gundam, and they make him job. After he got booted out of the tournament, we haven't seen him at all.
>>
>>12259574
>>12259634
I... I like these ideas.
>>
>>12258738
It really should have been called GBF Why instead of Try.
>>
File: Sakata_kintoki.jpg (145KB, 1162x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Sakata_kintoki.jpg
145KB, 1162x1201px
>>12260074
Sugita gets overshadowed by Nakamura yet again.
>>
>>12258071
MgRonald
>>
http://a.pomf.se/hzrakl.webm
Remastered version with higher quality! Now featuring SD dragon as Shin Dragon.
>>
>>12260320
>Now featuring SD dragon
Fuck you.
>>
>>12258552
2/3rds of Try Fighters
>>
>>12258587
You forgot cute.
>>
So did they retcon Adou as the one who made Yuuma quit fighting or we still don't know who it is?
>>
>>12260385
Adou was always the one that made Yuuma quit.
>>
>>12260385
Give it up. It was Adou all along.
>>
File: 42000708_p2.jpg (250KB, 726x768px) Image search: [Google]
42000708_p2.jpg
250KB, 726x768px
Threadly reminder that Mao has suffered a fate worse than death, he's completely forgotten.
>>
>>12260385
It was his evil twin brother.
>>
>>12260385
Yuuma says it is Adou. Adou says he doesn't remember. Who knows. It seems dropped. But I really think it wont be Adou. Why introduce that suit and never use it? That's fucking stupid. They probably planned a 3rd season long ago and want to use that suit then.
>>
>>12260343
>2/3rd
You're pushing it to include Yuuma. Dear god I haven't seen since a whiny piece of shit complain about crap that he can fix on his own.
>>
>Retcon

Its been him from the start. We've known this since they showed the credits at the end of the episode he first appeared in the flashback. The fight with yuuma was like 3-4 years before the start of try, teenagers grow and fill out.
>>
>>12260394
Of course he doesn't. Do you remember how much bread you've eaten in your life?
>>
>>12260394
>Why introduce that suit and never use it?
Because it was basically THE END prototype and the one we have now is a more complete and sleek version.
>>
>>12259028
Lucas didn't even hype GA up. It's very clear they were inferior.
>>
>>12260394
Eh, it's possible that there was a change in plan somewhere. Like maybe originally Adou was supposed to use Junya's character design and the Gunpla in Yuuma's flashbsck but then they changed their minds and made Adou one of the Gunpla Academy team members.
>>
>>12260394
The suit was just a hydra with bits of various Wing ms pasted onto it that appears briefly in a flashback and even then can't be seen very well. It was just a filler design for what Saga was using in the past.
>>
>>12260392
He was cool until he fell in love with what's-her-name
>>
>>12260405
That doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint. Why create it if you aren't going to use it and sell it? It doesn't even make sense that Yuuma saw The End and thought it was that unit. That unit had totally different weapons.
>>
>"all other girls besides gyanko are dirty generic sluts"
>"a real women looks like gyanko!!!"
>"gyanko is best girl!!!"
>>
>>12260414
I don't know if you noticed yet but this show isn't the shining example of well thought out and planned ideas.
>>
File: 49107385_p0.jpg (320KB, 665x888px) Image search: [Google]
49107385_p0.jpg
320KB, 665x888px
>>12260415
Yeah, she is pretty great.
>>
File: 1415181040596.jpg (23KB, 371x405px) Image search: [Google]
1415181040596.jpg
23KB, 371x405px
>>12260414
There are dozens of designs throughout bf and try that were fillers and mooks that got nothing. You don't exactly see yuumas blue airmaster with mega launcher getting a kit do you? Or victory amathyst, or the efreet 2nd L, or this little beauty. The edge hydra wasn't even a very difficult or very custom design, just hydra gundam with random bits from other gundams tacked on. There has been a lot of such designs.
>>
>>12260414
>Why create it if you aren't going to use it and sell it?

They did this alot already (e.g. Abigorbine and that mafia Zeong that I forgot).
>>
>>12260415
Let's be honest, there is no competition in Try
>>
>>12260432
That wasn't a random custom. It was a plot important unit that tied directly into the reason a character was the way the were at the beginning of the series.
>>
>>12260434
Both seasons have had tons of brief appearances by simple customs. Its just a way to show that yes, people are customizing their gunpla AND YOU CAN TOO JUST BUY THE TWO KITS AND GMTANK CAN BE YOURS BUY BUY BUY!

Basically showing simple kitbashes encourages people to kitbash. And its not like every gundam series outside of the original UC doesn't have designs that never got a kit.
>>
File: adou.jpg (279KB, 607x700px) Image search: [Google]
adou.jpg
279KB, 607x700px
>use bits / fangs to fend off or constrain opponent
>use dragon fang / gundam head arms to do mid-range attacks or to hold opponent
>use scythe / gun / crusher to heavily damage opponent

I don't see there are differences between the play style.
Also why keeping his old gunpla after all these years? If there is particle hax introduced why not building a new one?
>>
>>12260407
yep, wifrid even admitted it himself
>>
>>12260439
You're thinking too much into it. A simple glance could've tell that was just some random suit.
>>
>>12260415
Gyanko is just amazing.
>>
>>12259495
>Al al-Saachez of gunpla

Adou doesn't have the skill to back it up.
>>
>>12257531
Chances of that chest being stuffed and not real?
>>
>>12260413
But he was always in love with her
>>
>>12260415
Has nothing to do with her looks, she has already proved that people will like her whether she's a big girl or tiny boy. Yeah, it's a cheap attempt at pandering to make the same exact character as one from first season but I'd rather take that than someone who has NOTHING interesting to say.
>>
File: GMtank.jpg (207KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
GMtank.jpg
207KB, 640x606px
>>
>>12260439
The scene itself was important, the ms not much. Like I said, yuuma's airmaster wasn't very important past showing that yuuma like waverider gundams with big rifles and the color blue. The hydra also shows Saga's style. You know what two ms didn't get kits? The victory amathyst and g-bomber, and they were basically the main fight of the regionals finals.

The hydra is just the result of them needing a enemy gunpla for the flashback and the staff came up with a cool kitbash. What else were they going to show? The end and have it not have changed at all for several years? Even felini modded his fenice over time.

It was just a cool cameo. If you really need a marketing reason for it then it was probably to push existing kit sales since all of its component gunpla already have kits.
>>
>>12260401
Why does EVERY egotistical maniac have to use those kinds of cliches? I was already tired of hearing it in Code Geass with those Enuch fucks, why does it have to be so abused?
>>
>>12260320
>show dragon silhouette then actually showing the dragon

Doing it wrong.
>>
File: 13547460733065.jpg (40KB, 288x542px) Image search: [Google]
13547460733065.jpg
40KB, 288x542px
>>12260401
>>
>>12260476
Whoever tried to field that had some major balls considering its only weapon is that tiny gun on the front and it only works on land (unlike guntank).
>>
File: 47411962_p2.jpg (190KB, 729x1032px) Image search: [Google]
47411962_p2.jpg
190KB, 729x1032px
>>12260475
The whole thing about her admiring her brother to no end was really cute and I would have preferred if they have kept that aspect instead of making her fall for Sekai.
She was just too fun to watch like that instead of being a harem member.
>>
>>12258552
>Try Fighters attacked Minato during Gattai sequence
>Gunpla Academy ganged up on Crossbone

Build Busters deserves to win.
>>
File: 1421230002141.gif (865KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1421230002141.gif
865KB, 480x270px
>>12260506
It is unfortunate but it can't be helped when you end up being a character in the Sekai Show
>>
>>12260504
A repair unit
>>
>>12260480
I think its more to show a contrast between the two. For Yuuma it was a traumatic and memorable event. For Saga it was just another day and just another disappointing opponent in a long line, nothing worth remembering.
>>
>>12260517
>we'll never see her new gunpla in action
I was sure they were going to show it, why else hint at it?
>>
>>12260530
I don't know there's still chance to see some other suits since we haven't seen those contest winners either
>>
>>12260517
I just want to see them bounce now.
>>
>>12260517
Her brother popping up in episodes in S1 without a single dialog.
They are very kind to Gyanko already.
>>
>>12260530
>>12260534
Im telling you, the new yajima arena is actually a giant battle table and in the last episode the gunpla mafia crashes the tournament hoping to steal all the strong gunpla and everyone needs to fight them off.
>>
>>12260528
I think that anon's point was why THAT SPECIFIC type of line.

>>12260480
Because they are called egotistical maniac for a reason: not giving a fuck about everyone inferior to them. It's a simple line that drives the point and to the pain.
>>
>>12260540
The thing is, they didn't have any idea Sazaki was going to be popular character and there can't be sudden changes in the script when it's been done already.
But why take the same popular character not use her at all when you actually get the chance?
>>
File: 48700892_p0.jpg (94KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
48700892_p0.jpg
94KB, 571x800px
>>12260517
She is so perfect.
Her gunpla is pretty cool too, one of my favorites, though I think she is a mediocre pilot.
>>
>Gyanko appears with her new gunpla
>Its just r-gya gya but painted purple with two more shields.
>Maximum mold reuse by bandai.
>Not even any new parts, just recolored with the shields runners thrown in a second time.
>>
File: 48185195_p0.jpg (219KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48185195_p0.jpg
219KB, 667x1000px
>>12260537
>>
We'll see Gyanko's new suit in a still frame in the last episode montage.
>>
>>12260560
No it will be her brother's old Gyan Vulcan with GyaGya shields.
>>
>>12260560
>In the show the kit has silver trim
>In real life the kit uses a swirled white grey version of that puke gold on the original.
>Detail up tip is exactly the same as R-gya gyas, only they photoshopped the gold foil into silver.
>>
>>12260549
It's clear now the writers don't know what they are doing.
>>
It's a shame the format of the show made her irrelevant once the regionals ended.
She didn't even trained with Sekai and Shimon like in that one episode which you'd think would be the main reason to have her around.
>>
>>12260614
Minato proves that they should have just kept the rivals from the regionals. After G-Masters this shows hasn't had a single one new good character.
>>
>watch episode 22
>the whole fight is literally just beam spam, a few sword slashes and one chicken how are you
How the fuck are they this bad at choreography? At least 21 was sort of interesting although the ending was terrible.
>>
>>12260549
Popular or not Gyanko is still a background character just like her brother, but only with one or 2 lines for a second or 2 on screen. They don't have much differences to the story.
Anime producer and director has the authority to add adlib for a character during recording as long as the writer is ok with it. It has been shown in many anime production documentaries.
Anime production isn't that far ahead as well. There are 3 episodes left and they haven't worked on the last episode until yesterday. Staff tweeted about wrapping up second to last episode on the 11th night. Worst scenario in history was finishing all the work and re-recording for the show 5 hours before having it on air.
Many things can be changed in the very last minute in that business.
>>
>>12260625
because choreography doesn't exist in tv anime
people wanted to get things done as soon as possible
>>
>>12260645
>There are 3 episodes left and they haven't worked on the last episode until yesterday.
Source? Because that's going to be disastrous.
>>
>>12260647
Maybe kids would give a shit about these shows if the people working on them give a shit
>>
>>12260647
No, there's much less than usual. I'm not asking for anything fancy, but jesus do fucking something interesting once in a while.
>>
>>12260649
Not really.
SRW OGIN didn't get finished the day before it was on air. Many other shows in the 80's had the same treatment.
>>
Eh the direction of episode 22 was good. Sure it was mostly just cool Obari poses but for once it was actually dynamic and not a complete borefest.
>>
>>12260674
And Fumina being a hot blooded heroine was cool too. Too bad it won't happen again.
>>
File: Unlimited Shield Works.jpg (419KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Shield Works.jpg
419KB, 960x1280px
>>12260560
It's going to be Gyan with more shields
>>
>>12260821
I'd be totally fine with her using Sazaki's Gyan Vulcan and acting all fired up and proud because of it.
>>
File: 1425376630156.jpg (39KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
1425376630156.jpg
39KB, 600x528px
>>12259076
oh god my side!
>>
>>12260304
Hilariously enough the girl on the right is a highly stacked short stack.
Second season when?
>>
>>12260927
You don't want second season because the demon king ends up with the shitty tsundere knight instead the deredere oppai girl.
>>
File: this.png (35KB, 391x197px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
35KB, 391x197px
>>12259076
>Mirai: The blandest looking girl but we're supposed to be believe she's super beauty because that's all she has going on.
Spot on.
>>
>>12260930
>Liking chiyo
>>
Say what you want about Yuuma and Lightning, the best Try Fighters battles are all the ones where he has focus. The Mega-Shiki one, the Trans-Am one, and now the Tryon one.
>>
>>12260998
>Mega-Shiki fights
The finisher sucks. It's like they punished sudou for using borrowed machine and said machine sucks.

>Trans-AM
His debut? That was snorefest.

>Tryon
Okay, this is actually good.
>>
>>12261011
At least it was bought machine, unlike stolen like Sekai's Burning.
>>
>>12261011
I still don't get why Mega-Shiki shatters trying to punch Build Burning but Nub Destiny actually damages the head.
>>
>>12261015
I don't get it too. I think it was to show that G-Masters are all scrub and can't compare to our godly perfect ultimate main character.

Man, even the staff sucked sekai's dick.
>>
File: B-oGv6kVIAA6uC6.jpg (70KB, 1023x728px) Image search: [Google]
B-oGv6kVIAA6uC6.jpg
70KB, 1023x728px
>>
File: tooru.jpg (99KB, 534x602px) Image search: [Google]
tooru.jpg
99KB, 534x602px
>>
>>12260930
But Emi is the best girl.
>>
>>12261382
This is Star Build Strike Gundam.
It was built by Kira Yamato to be the strongest ever.
That's why it's the strongest ever.
>>
>>12260506
>The whole thing about her admiring her brother to no end was really cute

I'd really like for Susumu to show up just to see his reaction on learning that his precious imouto is wet for this pissant little midget who's using (and abusing) a Gunpla stolen from his former crush.
>>
File: 1333483080121.jpg (102KB, 1140x741px) Image search: [Google]
1333483080121.jpg
102KB, 1140x741px
>>12261413
Don't start with me, anon
>>
>>12261417
>This is Star Build Strike Gundam.
It wouldn't be called that in CE
>It was built by Kira Yamato to be the strongest ever.
Kira doesn't build MS, that's Athrun

>That's why it's the strongest ever.
You're a bad writer.
>>
>>12261430
Kira can do ANYTHING.
>>
>>12261422
Also that she hasn't even had a Gunpla appearance in how many episodes?
>>
File: 8418317_m.jpg (58KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
8418317_m.jpg
58KB, 450x600px
>>12261433
why is pic related not back to life, then?
>>
>>12261382
>"this Acguy could wreck shits like 00 raiser and immune to plavsky hax and has 13 times the passion"

whadayagonnadonow?
>>
>>12261444
Would YOU bring her back?
>>
>>12261453
you're....really asking ME this?
>>
File: 1426336599194.png (347KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426336599194.png
347KB, 800x480px
>>12261462
>>
>>12261462
Are you the same tripfag that's also all the other tripfags?

Why do you come here, knowing everyone hates you?
>>
>>12261453
Kira would, IF HE COULD.
>>
File: 49220381_p1.jpg (686KB, 3048x1980px) Image search: [Google]
49220381_p1.jpg
686KB, 3048x1980px
What I don't get is why is Yuuma considered the master builder of the team. Fumina not only scratch-built her own MS just like him, but said MS is an SD that can transform into mobile armor and an HG-scale suit, the pieces work as funnels and can be used to power-up her teammates, and was able to replicate Sei's Plavsky Gate system. She not only has skill, but also creativity, while Yuuma is just "muh realistic weapons of war".
>>
>>12261477
no, you're a newfag. that's all. If you still don't know about the other non-anons who post here on /m/, you're definitely new. At least ANT or dorkly should be a requirement.
>>
>>12261481
>why is Yuuma considered the master builder of the team.
muh Artistic Gunpla contest
>>
>>12261481
The whole "best builder" thing has been a joke ever since Shia suddenly appeared and was better than Yuuma and Minato and THEN there was Lucas whose Crossbone was supposed to be "the best".
>>
>>12261486
>At least ANT or dorkly should be a requirement.
When the fuck did I say I didn't know A New Translator or Dorkly Chair for Space Politics?
You're still a faggot, Fllay.
>>
>>12261481
well, I think it's Yuuma's build quality. I mean just look at how much damage both the Tryon 3 and Lightning Gundam threw at each other during the last battle.

I agree that Fumina's build is more tricked out, but when it comes to the quality, I think Yuuma's stands out.
>>
>>12261481
>blurb is from Gundam MK-II
>>
File: 49220381_p2.jpg (727KB, 1800x2400px) Image search: [Google]
49220381_p2.jpg
727KB, 1800x2400px
>>12261493
Yuuma was protected by the others from most of Minato's attacks. The Tryon was clearly more resilient. I mean, how many gunplas survive a beam saber to the chest and keep going?

>>12261500
Clean render. For you.
>>
File: k8np.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
k8np.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>12261462
i thought this tripfag died along with that ruri bitch
why do you keep coming back? why has no one banned you yet?
>>
>>12261525
though yeah, lately I have been questioning Yuuma's story. If he's really Sei's protege, why doesn't he have the same general build style that Sei currently had. I mean, shouldn't he be weilding a Build Savior or something that is as flashy as the BSC?
>>
>>12261533
Ruri, stop lurking.I know it's you throwing another fit.
>>
File: TT1.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TT1.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
>>12261539
ok ruri whatever you say
>>
So If we get full on 5 v 5 team battles would the coaches have ships on their disposal?
>>
>>12258619
China was cute as fuck and I have no idea why you'd think otherwise.
>>
It's just me, or the show shitted itself right after the first tournament (conicidentally, when Ral's VA got changed)?

I mean, the whole first part was kind of ok, not great not shitty, but ok
>>
Finally SxDxG review
http://ifutaba.net/y/3292223.htm
>>
Do you guys think Junya could've been a good character?
>>
>>12262127
Most of the cast could have been good if they had taken the time to do something with them.
>>
>>12262127

Junya had all the makings of being a good character.

>Over-the-top edgy
>Direct parallel to the main character
>Hyped up to be immensely dangerous
>His gendum belonged to the edgy second Meijin so there was some backstory to exploit there
>His motivation of wanting to reach the top of martial arts by combining styles and expressing this through gunpla battle had lots of potential

But all this is glossed over and he is just some stepping stone fight for Sekai to plothax through. And you're just left thinking "why? What was the point?"

That's a lot of Try, really.
>>
>>12262127
Yes if he was introduced earlier and his entire point wasn't "I'm bad", "Okay I got punched by Sekai, now I'm good"
>>
File: 1425949592220.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1425949592220.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>12259076
>tfw I actually forgot who Karima Kei was.

You know, I've seen a lot of anime pull the joke where one characters always getting forgotten. Never have I actually forgotten one of these characters actually existed. Holy shit Try. That's actually hilarious.
>>
File: CACmbukUQAAxm9V.jpg (69KB, 1023x406px) Image search: [Google]
CACmbukUQAAxm9V.jpg
69KB, 1023x406px
Why they couldn't go with the middle one?
>>
Tryon-3 kit when?
>>
File: 59htbNG.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
59htbNG.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
I want to kidnap Iori Sei
>>
>>12262429
Probably June.
>>
>>12262716
You fiend.

I bet you would do perverse things to him, like making him watch SD Gundam Force.
>>
>>12262781

He's probably already seen it.

I would ask him if I could use his airbrush.
>>
>>12262948
He'd be offended if you didn't.
>>
File: qDwATzb.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
qDwATzb.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
>>12262962
He's so cute and sexy
>>
>Implying Mao is not a better Sei
>More outgoing
>Better at gunpla
>Looks even more like a chick
>>
File: RQazd.png (91KB, 653x531px) Image search: [Google]
RQazd.png
91KB, 653x531px
>>12263092
Being girl crazed kind of takes points from him
>>
>>12263104

Why would that be a downside?
>>
>>12263113
Shotafags.
>>
File: 1383576567996.jpg (166KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1383576567996.jpg
166KB, 400x400px
>>12263113
It became too much of a defining characteristic for him which prevented him from doing cute stuff.
>>
>>12263113
Imagine you're the faceless, fat old bald rapist in a Build Fighters shotafag doujin

Sei's the type to pant, moan and writhe like a girl. He also comes with a busty milf who'd offer to please you in his place just to spare herself the humiliation of watching her son suck your dick and take it in the ass.

With his father busy traveling the world, there'd be nobody to stop you from turning their gunpla shop into your own personal fuck shack. Even Ral-san is just a bumbling old guy who'd regretfully shrink away after being told to get lost.

On the other hand, Mao would be bawling and shouting out apologies to Misaki-chan while you pick up Chinan's sloppy seconds.

So yeah, Sei will always be the favorite fuccboi of BF. It's just a shame they shelved him for this tryhard.
>>
>>12263234
What a wonderful peek into the mind of someone who doesn't like Try.
>>
>>12263234
>Even Ral-san is just a bumbling old guy who'd regretfully shrink away after being told to get lost.
Someone doesn't remember how he totally kicked that one mafia guy's ass.
>>
>>12263234

What about Sazaki?
>>
I think Misaki-chan is the type of girl who would get turned on while seeing her boyfriend getting raped.
>>
>>12263275
Easily bribed and manipulated, give him a few compliments and he'll show you his dick.
>>
>>12263278
>>12263234

Lately they've got the type of doujin where the fat, bald, ugly, faceless old rapist NTRs the guy by mindbreaking the girl, then rapes the effeminate guy too. I think Mao would be for people into that.
>>
>>12263275
Not even a challenge. He'd be willing, able and eager to suck a dick AND help with any and all nefarious plans.

Gyankun is such a bottom bitch tier character that you could be forgiven for thinking that he was designed specifically as a bike with training wheels so that squeamish fantasists have a shota to ride without any of the messy rape or domination that's required to corrupt more innocent characters.
>>
>>12262157>>12262179
>>12262127

plus his backstory with Gunpla Academy and Akira were interesting points. It was actually really entertaining to see him and Akira riding in the car together. Lots of room for development there..
>>
what if Sunrise takes what they did here and actually builds onto it? bringing out more depth to the characters (the better ones) and then gives us an epic open tournament with "world class" fights?
>>
>>12263469
Putting gold plating on a turd just makes it a less offensive turd.
>>
>>12263469
>epic
get out
>>
>>12263469

The characters in Try have been so poisoned by Try being shit that there's no chance. Look at how INCREDIBLY hated the three main characters and their antagonists are.
>>
>>12263496
sadly this is true.
>>
>>12263496
Ironically enough, it's only the MCs and Celestial Sphere that are shit, with every other character in the show being awesome.

This just goes to show how hard a show can spike the ball simply by focusing on the wrong subset of the cast.
>>
>>12263828

Even in Celestial Sphere, Adou is great. It's just that Shia and Wilfrid are so, so fucking terrible.
>>
>>12263489
meant epic in scale...not dumb new definition
>>
>>12260457
He also lacks the plot armor & Setsuna begging for his penis Ali has.
>>
>>12259574
Would it be a good idea to keep the original flashbacks to him getting shitkicked in by someone, only to reveal sometime later that he'd already gotten "Revenge" on them at a later tournament? Maybe he wins that fight and realizes there's no satisfaction in it. Only, without even that much to motivate him, now building has become a chore and battling is only fun when he's stomping.

Winning against his rival and other victories sets him up as one of the biggest names in the country, guaranteed to go on to great things. Everything attached to the expectations of his school and the community starts to wear him down. Right when he needs the advice of a mentor or his sister the most, both are fucking in France.
>>
>>12263496
Yeah, It´s not a good sign when the audience thinks the MCs are the villains.
>>
If anyone still cares about the TryOn3 Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCIn18NPscw

I could have not done it with out you
>>
>>12263302
This is relevant to my interests.
>>
>>12265129
Finally! a proper tribute!
>Dat aniki song
ITS PERFECT
>>
>>12265129
>layering the two sound mixes
This is for audio pros only, you should stick with one sound track.
>>
File: Yuuma Tryon wall.jpg (90KB, 1025x561px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuma Tryon wall.jpg
90KB, 1025x561px
>>12265129
I made this just now as a joke edit, not amazing but I tried. Good job man!!
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.